Green Goblin vs Superman

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Green Goblin vs Superman with prep

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gottheit

Again, I gotta ask:

"Mommy, why does that man hate Green Goblin?"

I mean, is this a joke thread? I'm gonna go with this being a joke thread...

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Phorqe

Goblin would pumpkin bomb his ass!

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Apparition

with prep? a little research, a little kryptonite, and a little win for the goblin.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By The WeatherMan

Dude... No. Okay, Superman vs. Green Goblin the preparation. Goblin is working hard, for hours on hours trying to build his weapons up and armor out his costume, injects himself with another dose of the gas, never rests or sleeps until the fight. Superman is sleeping like a baby.

Fight time! Superman goes WHABAM!!!

It's over.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gottheit says:

"Again, I gotta ask: "Mommy, why does that man hate Green Goblin?" I mean, is this a joke thread? I'm gonna go with this being a joke thread..."

I don't hate Green Goblin. Goblin is one of my favorite villains. Anyway, you can't just drop Goblin with such ease. Being that Goblin has prep, he can study and gain all information on Supes using his many contacts. Shortly thereafter, Goblin creates pumpkin bombs that give off the essence of Kryptonite, have his costume and a glider absorb red sun radiation, and fight Supes. Goblin's a genious, you forget that. He might be on par with Batman if not higher.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The WeatherMan

Okay... I told you, Superman goes BAAAAM!!!!! Goblin didn't even touch his bombs. Goblin has nothing on Superman's speed.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Methos

Goblin has prep and spends ages creating a kryptonite based pumpkin bomb...

superman laughs as goblin comes flying at him and using his heat vision detonates all of goblins bombs and destroys his glider killing goblin in the process

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Photon says:

"Okay... I told you, Superman goes BAAAAM!!!!! Goblin didn't even touch his bombs. Goblin has nothing on Superman's speed. 1"

If Goblin's suit gives off red sun radiation, Superman's power will decrease to terribly low levels. Supes doesn't really try to avoid things he usually walks into everything being "the man of steel". So he's not going to think much of Goblin. Batman defeated Superman before with a Kryptonite ring.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Methos

goblins suit can store and release solar radiation?

thats a new one to me

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#11  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"I don't hate Green Goblin. Goblin is one of my favorite villains. Anyway, you can't just drop Goblin with such ease. Being that Goblin has prep, he can study and gain all information on Supes using his many contacts. Shortly thereafter, Goblin creates pumpkin bombs that give off the essence of Kryptonite, have his costume and a glider absorb red sun radiation, and fight Supes. Goblin's a genious, you forget that. He might be on par with Batman if not higher."

So Goblin has contacts in DC now? If you had just said he got info on Supes I wouldn't have said anything, but the "using his many contacts" part doesn't make sense. And the rest of it, it's just like Photon says. "Superman goes BAAAAM!!!!!" Game over. Gobby doesn't even get a chance to realize how screwed he is.

EDIT: And Batman loses too, don't even try.

Post Edited:2007-07-30 20:42:33

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I give you credit for trying to come up with something outside the box. But Green Goblin doesn't have a chance in hell.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"I don't hate Green Goblin. Goblin is one of my favorite villains. Anyway, you can't just drop Goblin with such ease. Being that Goblin has prep, he can study and gain all information on Supes using his many contacts. Shortly thereafter, Goblin creates pumpkin bombs that give off the essence of Kryptonite, have his costume and a glider absorb red sun radiation, and fight Supes. Goblin's a genious, you forget that. He might be on par with Batman if not higher."
So Goblin has contacts in DC now? If you had just said he got info on Supes I wouldn't have said anything, but the "using his many contacts" part doesn't make sense. And the rest of it, it's just like Photon says. "Superman goes BAAAAM!!!!!" Game over. Gobby doesn't even get a chance to realize how screwed he is."

He doesn't need contacts in DC to find out info on Supes. Anyway, Batman was able to beat Superman. Who's to say Goblin can't do it?

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Please forgive my last post, I didn't see the last thing Buckshot posted.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"He doesn't need contacts in DC to find out info on Supes. Anyway, Batman was able to beat Superman. Who's to say Goblin can't do it?"

Beat him? When? He's walked away without being killed, he's gotten what he wanted, but he's not physically beaten Superman by himself. And even using K and red sun stuff, there are many examples of Superman either ignoring, or overcoming those weaknesses, so I wouldn't exactly call them foolproof.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By The WeatherMan

Goblin is mad smart and hooked up, but he isn't Dr. doom or anywhere close.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"He doesn't need contacts in DC to find out info on Supes. Anyway, Batman was able to beat Superman. Who's to say Goblin can't do it?"
Beat him? When? He's walked away without being killed, he's gotten what he wanted, but he's not physically beaten Superman by himself. And even using K and red sun stuff, there are many examples of Superman either ignoring, or overcoming those weaknesses, so I wouldn't exactly call them foolproof."

You wouldn't call the foolproof but they might work. Especially if the same way Gobby made a gas that took out Peter's powers for a while, he might (just saying he might) make a more effective gas that completely nullifies Superman's power. Another possibility is that Goblin makes a machine that messes with Supes' mind.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apparition

Why would he even fight him? Goblin isn't Batman so he doesn't have to worry about any colateral damage. He has prep time so he "gets info" on superman, finds some kryptonite or how to reproduce it and puts it in a lead lined nuclear bomb.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Buckshot says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Beat him? When? He's walked away without being killed, he's gotten what he wanted, but he's not physically beaten Superman by himself. And even using K and red sun stuff, there are many examples of Superman either ignoring, or overcoming those weaknesses, so I wouldn't exactly call them foolproof."

You wouldn't call the foolproof but they might work. Especially if the same way Gobby made a gas that took out Peter's powers for a while, he might (just saying he might) make a more effective gas that completely nullifies Superman's power. Another possibility is that Goblin makes a machine that messes with Supes' mind."

making a machine that messes with Superman mind would be very hard... kryptonian minds are completely different to Humans as proven by Martian Manhunter and Ion...

only Kal and Kara have the same brainwaves, there's no where else that Goblin could learn about kryptonian minds

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gàlen says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Buckshot says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
You wouldn't call the foolproof but they might work. Especially if the same way Gobby made a gas that took out Peter's powers for a while, he might (just saying he might) make a more effective gas that completely nullifies Superman's power. Another possibility is that Goblin makes a machine that messes with Supes' mind."
making a machine that messes with Superman mind would be very hard... kryptonian minds are completely different to Humans as proven by Martian Manhunter and Ion... only Kal and Kara have the same brainwaves, there's no where else that Goblin could learn about kryptonian minds "

When I say Goblin can mess with his mind, I mean like he cause him to see illusions, bury Kryptonite under the floor, or create something like a red sun just stronger and have it eminate off of everything.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Unless Goblin is activating these devices faster than light at the start of the battle, they're useless. Also, Superman could beat Goblin long before he needed to take a breath, meaning the gas would never bother him, and while he's no Martian Manhunter, his mind is not easily messed with. It's easy to say Goblin just makes a machine that does whatever, though.
Post Edited:2007-07-30 21:01:47

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Methos

So Goblin can now get hold of Kryptonite and can create a sun using technology?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Apparition

Gàlen says:

"So Goblin can now get hold of Kryptonite and can create a sun using technology? "

Everyone else seems to be able to get Kryptonite. I would say no to the sun creation though.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Unless Goblin is activating these devices faster than light at the start of the battle, they're useless. Also, Superman could beat Goblin long before he needed to take a breath, meaning the gas would never bother him, and while he's no Martian Manhunter, his mind is not easily messed with. It's easy to say Goblin just makes a machine that does whatever, though.
Post Edited:2007-07-30 21:01:47"

The would be. He'd make an auto switch so that the moment the fight starts, the devices are turned on.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gàlen says:

"So Goblin can now get hold of Kryptonite and can create a sun using technology? "

Kryptonite is just a bunch of elements combined into one thing so he can make it, the sun radiation, is a little more complicated.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Methos

the gas means nothing to superman...

Kryptonian minds are seriously weird, even Martian Manhunter and Ion were cautious of playing with it.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The WeatherMan

This is a pointless fight. And there isn't going to be a "Ready? Fight!" As soon as Superman sees Goblin, laser eyes and it's Goblin stew in the middle of the street.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Apparition

Photon says:

"This is a pointless fight. And there isn't going to be a "Ready? Fight!" As soon as Superman sees Goblin, laser eyes and it's Goblin stew in the middle of the street. 1"

If he has preptime, why would he let Superman see him? that would be stupid.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Methos

add to that it's bloody hard to sneak up on Superman undetected...

Super hearing, telescopic and X-Ray vision...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Apparition says:

"Photon says:
"This is a pointless fight. And there isn't going to be a "Ready? Fight!" As soon as Superman sees Goblin, laser eyes and it's Goblin stew in the middle of the street. 1"
If he has preptime, why would he let Superman see him? that would be stupid."

Exactly. Who says he'd even let himself stay unguarded. He'd probably create an energy field that mimics the same "radiation" of Kryptonite

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gàlen says:

Kryptonite is just a bunch of elements combined into one thing so he can make it, the sun radiation, is a little more complicated."

Actually a terrorist organization called Black Zero set of a thermal nuclear bomb which over time poisoned the planet and led to its destruction. Kryptonite is the poisoned remains of the planet.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"The would be. He'd make an auto switch so that the moment the fight starts, the devices are turned on."

Besides the fact that nothing you've come up with thus far will work, even if his devices that he suddenly has the materials and technology to make, are already on, that still doesn't stop Superman from blasting through all of it and destroying him at light speed.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"Photon says:

Exactly. Who says he'd even let himself stay unguarded. He'd probably create an energy field that mimics the same "radiation" of Kryptonite"

so Superman cuts his head off from a distance with heat vision

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:

Kryptonite is just a bunch of elements combined into one thing so he can make it, the sun radiation, is a little more complicated."

Actually a terrorist organization called Black Zero set of a thermal nuclear bomb which over time poisoned the planet and led to its destruction. Kryptonite is the poisoned remains of the planet."

thanks... i didn't want to get into the argument of what Kryptonite is again :D

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"The would be. He'd make an auto switch so that the moment the fight starts, the devices are turned on."
Besides the fact that nothing you've come up with thus far will work, even if his devices that he suddenly has the materials and technology to make, are already on, that still doesn't stop Superman from blasting through all of it and destroying him at light speed."

But with all of this stuff built and created, all at once, it'd have to weaken or at least slow down Supes considerably.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Apparition

Eternal Chaos says:

"Apparition says:
"Photon says:
Exactly. Who says he'd even let himself stay unguarded. He'd probably create an energy field that mimics the same "radiation" of Kryptonite"

I thought what I was writing was invisible for a while there...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Buckshot says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
Besides the fact that nothing you've come up with thus far will work, even if his devices that he suddenly has the materials and technology to make, are already on, that still doesn't stop Superman from blasting through all of it and destroying him at light speed."

But with all of this stuff built and created, all at once, it'd have to weaken or at least slow down Supes considerably."

you're talking about a man that can tear through six foot steel plating like tissue paper...

i doubt anything goblin can make will slow him down for long, then superman will taker his head off like you would pop a top off a beer bottle

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gambler says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:
Actually a terrorist organization called Black Zero set of a thermal nuclear bomb which over time poisoned the planet and led to its destruction. Kryptonite is the poisoned remains of the planet."

Poison is made out of elements and stuff. It wouldn't be too hard to create artificially.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:

Poison is made out of elements and stuff. It wouldn't be too hard to create artificially."

actually Kryptonite is radioactive elements of a material found in a distant galaxy... they then went through a few billion light years of travel, being exposed to god knows what type of radiation to turn it into Kryptonite in it's earthly form.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Gàlen says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:
Poison is made out of elements and stuff. It wouldn't be too hard to create artificially."
actually Kryptonite is radioactive elements of a material found in a distant galaxy... they then went through a few billion light years of travel, being exposed to god knows what type of radiation to turn it into Kryptonite in it's earthly form. "

Ah. Alright. Thank you for clearing that up friend.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Gàlen says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:

actually Kryptonite is radioactive elements of a material found in a distant galaxy... they then went through a few billion light years of travel, being exposed to god knows what type of radiation to turn it into Kryptonite in it's earthly form. "

Thats what I'm saying. Not that the bomb had poison in it, but it exploded and over time the combination of radiation and an unstable core caused Krypton to explode. But the core component of Kryptonite is the planet itself.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Eternal Chaos says:

"But with all of this stuff built and created, all at once, it'd have to weaken or at least slow down Supes considerably."

Not necessarily. Nothing you've mentioned, green K, red sun radiation, anything, gets rid of his powers instantly (and it's nothing he hasn't overcome before) so even if it were working on him for a while, he'd still have the power to take down Goblin. And say it removed his powers instantly, his body would still be coming at Goblin at near light speed, more than fast enough to kill him. And that's just if Superman decided to attack from close up in a speed blitz. Lasering Goblin from orbit always works, along with many other ways to attack from a distance, and he can get a great distance away in less than a second, so Goblin won't even know where he's getting attacked form. This is like Spider-Man vs Wonder Woman again.
Post Edited:2007-07-30 21:21:29

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

Eternal Chaos says:

"Gàlen says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:

Ah. Alright. Thank you for clearing that up friend."

anytime... it's a bit more complicated than that, but thats a simple version of it...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Methos

Gambler says:

"Gàlen says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gambler says:
"Eternal Chaos says:
"Gàlen says:

Thats what I'm saying. Not that the bomb had poison in it, but it exploded and over time the combination of radiation and an unstable core caused Krypton to explode. But the core component of Kryptonite is the planet itself."

thats, thats the puppy...

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Buckshot says:

"Eternal Chaos says:
"But with all of this stuff built and created, all at once, it'd have to weaken or at least slow down Supes considerably."
Not necessarily. Nothing you've mentioned, green K, red sun radiation, anything, gets rid of his powers instantly (and it's nothing he hasn't overcome before) so even if it were working on him for a while, he'd still have the power to take down Goblin. And say it removed his powers instantly, his body would still be coming at Goblin at near light speed, more than fast enough to ill hi. And that's just if Superman decided to attack from close up in a speed blitz. Lasering Goblin from orbit always works, along with many other ways to attack from a distance, and he can *get* a great distance away in less than a second, so Goblin won't even know where he's getting attacked form. This is like Spider-Man vs Wonder Woman again."

Eh, at least I tried to defend my argument.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Satyrquaze

If Goblin had even the slightest chance in hell of scoring a win over Supes, Peter Parker would have been horribly murdered years ago.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#47  Edited By Spectrum

sups wins

Sync

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Sync

last time i check wa snot superman more immune to made up syhtinc kyponite than the real thing.

just because he has it does not mean he knows how to implore it/ make the most use of it.

superman turns the green goblin to a black and blue gobiln with shades of red.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By zee crusher

Where would he be able to get a suit that lets out red radiation which would be new to him the best way for goblin to win is liek you say make a green k bomb or make superman follow him some where and set up a trap cause superman aint to smart he is always going for traps after his in some weird trap talk about his mom then bomb him.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By zee crusher

Actually superman can easily turn the green k to black if he heats it up lol .