Green Goblin vs Captain America

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AllStarSuperman
No Caption Provided

Green Goblin from the Spider-Man trilogy

vs

No Caption Provided

Captain America from the MCU

• Incharacter
  • Standard Gear

Fight takes place here:

No Caption Provided

Who wins?

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That explosive that turned a group of men to bone ftw!

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goblin. Also what @monsterstomp said too

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'm going with Cap. Not as powerful, sure, but sheer skill way outclasses Gobby. Plus, Cap's shield would be enough to seriously damage him and protect from almost all of his attacks.

Only reason I think Gobby could win is his glider. If Cap manages to take that out, or if Gobby gets off of it, then Cap should win.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Osborn

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Experio

Cap. Getting Osborn of his board with shield throws in that location shouldn't be difficult for a man of his accuracy, it will only go Steve's way once it comes to h2h combat

Avatar image for deactivated-5a08a02678f1f
deactivated-5a08a02678f1f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Okay, I understand that Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a great film and the MCU in general was better than most other Marvel movies, but let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

This is the same Goblin who was able to equally fight Spidey physically, and I'm sure we can all agree that Raimi trilogy Spider-Man is was stronger than MCU Captain America. Norman is just as strong, if not stronger than Peter. Same applies for durability. So, can anyone enlighten me as to just what Steve is bringing to the table that is going to hurt Norman so badly? Yeah, Steve can manage a shield throw, like some people have already addressed, but what will he do to Norman?

What's stopping Norman from hailing a bunch of pumpkin bombs on Steve? The shield is good, but if Norman throws enough bombs I'm sure Steve will be overwhelmed.

I think the only chance for Steve to win here is his skill, which far outclasses Norman's. However, sometimes that's just not enough.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e
deactivated-5e8a1f5fafc4e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Considering Cap took down a f*cking jet with his shield I dont think its a stretch to say he coukd take down Norman. All of Normans bombs will not do anything because of Caps shield and general agility. And Cap has far better hand to hand skill aswell as better actual striking feats. He has fought well against/defeated TWO guys who can deflect bullets, something Goblin or Raimi trilogy spidey have never done. Speed is NOT an issue.

Cap takes a majority in a decent fight for those reasons.

And no. "But Norman fought Spidey!!" Is not a valid reason for him winning this fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And also for anyone mentioning "pumpkin bomb spam!!", take a look at the location. If Norman wants to blow away every support in that warehouse and drop debris on himself like an absolute idiot he is more than welcome to.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And also for anyone mentioning "pumpkin bomb spam!!", take a look at the location. If Norman wants to blow away every support in that warehouse and drop debris on himself like an absolute idiot he is more than welcome to.

They bomb didn't really blow stuff up, it just disintegrated people.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering Cap took down a f*cking jet with his shield I dont think its a stretch to say he coukd take down Norman. All of Normans bombs will not do anything because of Caps shield and general agility. And Cap has far better hand to hand skill aswell as better actual striking feats. He has fought well against/defeated TWO guys who can deflect bullets, something Goblin or Raimi trilogy spidey have never done. Speed is NOT an issue.

And no. "But Norman fought Spidey!!" Is not a valid reason for him winning this fight.

Wow. I didn't mean to offend. Sorry.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: That wasnt specifically for you, but I knew before looking at other posts someone would say it. And saying it alone doesnt just grant Norman the win.

@monsterstomp: Just like the chitauri blasts that didnt disintegrate Cap, right? Also - shield

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@monsterstomp: Just like the chitauri blasts that didnt disintegrate Cap, right? Also - shield

We don't know what that blast was capable of. All the hostages managed to survive it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu: That wasnt specifically for you, but I knew before looking at other posts someone would say it. And saying it alone doesnt just grant Norman the win.

Ah, okay.

And as for the Cap taking down a jet feat, when exactly in the movie does that happen? I'll have to look out for that when I see it next weekend.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sounds reasonable to me.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Wolverine008

Captain America: The Winter Soldier was sick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shiryu said:

@i_like_swords said:

Ah, okay.

And as for the Cap taking down a jet feat, when exactly in the movie does that happen? I'll have to look out for that when I see it next weekend.

Like midway through, ya won't miss it.

@i_like_swords said:

We don't know what that blast was capable of. All the hostages managed to survive it.

I meant the shot that actually hit Cap. The type that had disintegrated others before, aswell as flat out melted steel and blew steel banks doors off their hinges and bent them inward. Even if a goblin bomb landed glancingly Cap could tank it through his own durability and armor. But even then he has a nifty indestructible shield.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: Okay, thanks for the heads-up. I see that Cap wins this fight.

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Wolverine008
MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords: The blast didn't even scratch the fabric. Its a little iffy for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap.. just beat.. a movie Spider-Man character.....

This type of progress is unheard of.

lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

GG, due to his arsenal and superior physical stats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aaaaand we're back to the drawing board

Jacthripper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cap after seeing winter soldier he has some insane durability feats that power ranger green goblin never had.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just gotta say, Captain America: The Winter Soldier was extremely awesome, and I recommend it to everyone. Cap is even more impressive than he was in the Avengers, so it's saying a lot. So impressive in fact, I don't know who to give a win to. His h2h combat was ridiculous, his striking feats sent people flying, his shield throws were impeccable, and he had great durability. Also, Black Widow was hot (as usual).

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By rogueshadow  Moderator

Probably Norman for a slim majority.

easterlin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Distance fight = Norman wins

Hand2Hand = Cap most likely

Avatar image for war_of_light_2814
war of light_2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman held a fully loaded roosevelt island tramcar with one hand >> any strength feat Cap has and have a brick wall fall on top of him then took a beating from bloodlusted spider-man is not bad either.

Realistically osborn stay in the air while keep bombarding Cap withe his arsenal(gunfire,grenades,distingration bombs and missile).

GG ftw.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lul goblin can lift real hevy stuff n he fot the real spider man himself plus he has very arsenal so he culd just bam bam bam lol gobby 11/10

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By mickey-mouse

Goblin dies 20/10. Cap took down a Quin Jet.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I think itd be tough cause Goblin was beating up Tobey. But Cap has a skill and shield edge so Cap.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lul goblin can lift real hevy stuff n he fot the real spider man himself plus he has very arsenal so he culd just bam bam bam lol gobby 11/10

Dude, I am being honest, you're coming off as a real jerk in the winter soldier threads. I don't mean to be rude.

Norman held a fully loaded roosevelt island tramcar with one hand >> any strength feat Cap has and have a brick wall fall on top of him then took a beating from bloodlusted spider-man is not bad either.

Realistically osborn stay in the air while keep bombarding Cap withe his arsenal(gunfire,grenades,distingration bombs and missile).

GG ftw.

I agree with this

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_like_swords said:

Dude, I am being honest, you're coming off as a real jerk in the winter soldier threads. I don't mean to be rude.

Neh, just tired of the same old arguments people have bombarded me with in the past.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Norman has the strength. Cap has the feats to hurt and beat him. Winter soldier made Steve seem faster than Raimi's GG in terms of combat. Jets and armies of Hudra could not stop him. Steve took serious damage and could still &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&. He can win, but from the implicit knowledge of Norman's capacity in Spider Man one and the comics, GG should sweep.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@senglord said:

Norman has the strength. Cap has the feats to hurt and beat him. Winter soldier made Steve seem faster than Raimi's GG in terms of combat. Jets and armies of Hudra could not stop him. Steve took serious damage and could still &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&. He can win, but from the implicit knowledge of Norman's capacity in Spider Man one and the comics, GG should sweep.

Green Goblin and Spider-Man from the comics are nowhere near as weak as the movie versions are. Basing your answer off the comics even partly is not accurate. Movie Cap surpasses movie Goblin and Spider-Man in quite a few ways.

Dextersinister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Goblin should take this.

Better strength and durability, if a normal human wasn't a mook it actually took effort for Cap to bring them down.

leonkarlen123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol on people arguing that Cap can survive an pumpkin bomb. He is not a God...

thumbs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By thumbs12

Goblin stomps

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 the_stegman  Moderator

GG had bombs that disenterated people...which he for some reaons never used on Spidey, regardless, I give him the win.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are too many Cap america nut-huggers here. GG wins handily.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Wolverine008

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'd take a Captain A nuthugger over a Spider nuthugger any day of the week!

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dafoe has striking feats. Spider-Man eventually beat him in the end through sheer will power, but in sheer strength Green Goblin easily caught Spider-Man's strongest punch without budging, and then punted Tobey an entire block away and through a metal street pole.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

@wolverine08 said:

I'd take a Captain A nuthugger over a Spider nuthugger any day of the week!

At the end of the day, GG was physically comparable to Peter Parker, and had tonnes of lethal gear on him. And yeah that's enough for him to win this.

I've heard people say that Cap America is superior to Raimi's Spider-Man in quite a few ways. Really?

Winter Solider was good, but peeps have got stars in thier eyes.

Goblin 8.5/10