• 62 results
#1 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiplash mk.2

Death Match

Times Square

Who wins?

#2 Posted by justleader (1708 posts) - - Show Bio

It's been a while since i watched the first spider man movie so i don't remember the green goblin well, but i think he eventually wins due to being much faster (due to him being able to fly)

#3 Posted by BigCimmerian (7845 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiplash is too powerful for him.

#4 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian

Only replace the guy in the suit with whiplash. That's how the fight would go.

#5 Posted by Xanni15 (6758 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice:

I thought the OP was supposed to be unbiased?

And Whiplash should win.

#6 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Xanni15 said:

@venomsapprentice:

And Whiplash should win.

You thought wrong.

And Goblin wins.

#7 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Skip to 5:58

Whip Lash Armour is Iron man Grade and hiswhips would GG in half.

Whiplash wins.

#8 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Skip to 5:58

Whip Lash Armour is Iron man Grade and hiswhips would GG in half.

Whiplash wins.

Not before Goblin's BUNKER BUSTERS blast Whiplash.

#9 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice: Iron Man Armour survives Anti Tank Shells and 100 Ton Punches. GG Bunker Bombs barely harm Tobey maguire :/

#10 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@venomsapprentice: Iron Man Armour survives Anti Tank Shells and 100 Ton Punches. GG Bunker Bombs barely harm Tobey maguire :/

In COMICS he survives 100 ton punches.

In the movies a tank shell is nothing compared to a goblin buster missile.

And IM doesn't have Goblins' feats.

#11 Posted by Hyperlight (5373 posts) - - Show Bio

Goblin wins because whiplash has only short/mid ranged weapons in both suits. Goblin is vastly superior physically so if he ever got a hold of whiplash he would just break his neck

#12 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice: You only made this just so you could hear people say GG wins, huh?

Well, if you thought GG would stomp, why did you make this?

P.S. Whiplash would win. GG tries to go in the air using the goblin glider, but Whiplash uses one of his electrical whip-thingies to grapple onto the glider, pull it to the ground, and tear it apart. He then kills the Goblin.

Iron Man himself needed help to beat Whiplash.

If Iron Man did it solo, he would die.

Therefore:

Movie Whiplash > Movie Iron Man (without help) > Movie Goblin

#13 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice: You only made this just so you could hear people say GG wins, huh?

Well, if you thought GG would stomp, why did you make this?

P.S. Whiplash would win. GG tries to go in the air using the goblin glider, but Whiplash uses one of his electrical whip-thingies to grapple onto the glider, pull it to the ground, and tear it apart. He then kills the Goblin.

Iron Man himself needed help to beat Whiplash.

If Iron Man did it solo, he would die.

Therefore:

Movie Whiplash > Movie Iron Man (without help) > Movie Goblin

I made this thread so I could have a good and rational debate.

And I happen to have an opinion about who would win. Sue me.

When has IM ever, EVER, Shown firepower superior to Goblins? He hasn't. What Makes you think that Whiplash has what it takes to hit a moving Goblin? He doesn't. And how could whiplash POSSIBLY withstand the Goblin Busters? He can't.

Therefore, I say Goblin wins. There's always the off chance that Goblin gets hit by the whips, in which case he loses. But I personally doubt that would happen, since Goblin has Spidey's speed and reflexes.

#14 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

When has IM ever, EVER, Shown firepower superior to Goblins? He hasn't. What Makes you think that Whiplash has what it takes to hit a moving Goblin? He doesn't. And how could whiplash POSSIBLY withstand the Goblin Busters? He can't.

Therefore, I say Goblin wins. There's always the off chance that Goblin gets hit by the whips, in which case he loses. But I personally doubt that would happen, since Goblin has Spidey's speed and reflexes.

Crap like this makes me not want to get a reply to my comments

#15 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

And you felt the need to say this to me...Why?

#16 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Prove it. prove Goblin Busters and Bombs that couldnt kill Spidey would a Iron man suit Whip Lash. Go ahead and Prove a 80mm Tank Shell is not as strong as GG 9 ton punches. Go ahead. LOL

#17 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Prove it. prove Goblin Busters and Bombs that couldnt kill Spidey would a Iron man suit Whip Lash. Go ahead and Prove a 80mm Tank Shell is not as strong as GG 9 ton punches. Go ahead. LOL

LOL?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM.XD

I'd like to see a tank shell do that!

Prove to ME that Iron Man can even LIFT 9 tons. Here's a hint: he can't.

And P.S, Spidey wasn't killed by the G busters because he DODGED them. Something that bulky whiplash can't do.

#18 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Do you wanna debate or do you just wanna say "what the #@$^ are you thinking?" to anybody who thinks Whiplash wins?

#19 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

Whiplash wins

#20 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

Goblin never hit Spider-Man with a Bunker Bomb. The worst GG ever hit Peter with was a Pumpkin Bomb, which are much smaller.

I admit I might be biased here, but I could never take Whiplash seriously, neither in the comics nor in the movie. It seemed to me that someone like Iron Man should just be able to fly circles around around Whiplash and never get close enough to even have to worry about his whips. If the fight starts on the ground and at close range, like in the above clip of IM & War Machine fighting Whiplash, then sure Whiplash wins. Whiplash wasn't particularly fast though, so If the fight starts at range or in the air, then Goblin flys circles around Whiplash and bombards him with missiles.

I'd take the Goblin 7/10.

#21 Edited by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Do you wanna debate or do you just wanna say "what the #@$^ are you thinking?" to anybody who thinks Whiplash wins?

I'll debate when some one gives me something TO debate other than, "whiplash wins cause he got teh whips".

Ivan is Smarter than Osborn. Does anyone use that? No.

Whiplash is FASTER than Goblin. But no one thinks to bring it up. So far all I've heard is:

@Xanni15 said:

@venomsapprentice:

And Whiplash should win.

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Start debating like you have a brain, and P.S :

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Whiplash wins

Obvious troll is obvious.

#22 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@CadenceV2 said:

Goblin never hit Spider-Man with a Bunker Bomb. The worst GG ever hit Peter with was a Pumpkin Bomb, which are much smaller.

I admit I might be biased here, but I could never take Whiplash seriously, neither in the comics nor in the movie. It seemed to me that someone like Iron Man should just be able to fly circles around around Whiplash and never get close enough to even have to worry about his whips. If the fight starts on the ground and at close range, like in the above clip of IM & War Machine fighting Whiplash, then sure Whiplash wins. Whiplash wasn't particularly fast though, so If the fight starts at range or in the air, then Goblin flys circles around Whiplash and bombards him with missiles.

I'd take the Goblin 7/10.

Thank you.

#23 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice: God, why is Goblin winning SO precious to you? Get a life.

#24 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

If it's any consolation, comic Goblin gets stomped by comic Iron Man or his villans. (for the most part)

#25 Posted by CaptainDoeo (789 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout It's a debate. Don't be a sore loser.

#26 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

If it's any consolation, comic Goblin gets stomped by comic Iron Man or his villans. (for the most part)

I don't know. Obviously guys like Mandarin or Titanium Man would stomp on Green Goblin, but I think comic Goblin would still beat comic Whiplash.

#27 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Moonchilde said:

@venomsapprentice said:

I don't know. Obviously guys like Mandarin or Titanium Man would stomp on Green Goblin, but I think comic Goblin would still beat comic Whiplash.

Which is why I added the "for the most part." :)

#28 Posted by allfornot2 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: Yeah man! Quit debating about fake comic book fights in a manner I don't approve of. Get a life! Debate about them in a manner I approve of, ya nerd.

Seriously bro, chill out. It's a debate. It's how it works.

Movie GG takes this, I'd say. He showed some decent fighting skills, and has some good weaponry. Plus Whiplash is kind of an idiot. He removes his helmet to fight two people that are armed to the teeth with insane weaponry.

#29 Posted by Nefarious (18337 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiplash.

#30 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@allfornot2 said:

@GR2Blackout: Yeah man! Quit debating about fake comic book fights in a manner I don't approve of. Get a life! Debate about them in a manner I approve of, ya nerd.

Seriously bro, chill out. It's a debate. It's how it works.

So we're just forgetting about this:

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

I'll debate when some one gives me something TO debate other than, "whiplash wins cause he got teh whips".

Whiplash is FASTER than Goblin. But no one thinks to bring it up. So far all I've heard is:

@Xanni15 said:

@venomsapprentice:

And Whiplash should win.

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Whiplash wins

#31 Posted by allfornot2 (80 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout: You missed the part where you insulted him first, there bro. If you don't want to be insulted, don't be condescending.

#32 Posted by GR2Blackout (2564 posts) - - Show Bio

@allfornot2 said:

@GR2Blackout: You missed the part where you insulted him first, there bro. If you don't want to be insulted, don't be condescending.

So we ARE remembering:

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

And just forgetting:

@venomsapprentice said:

@Xanni15 said:

@venomsapprentice:

And Whiplash should win.

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Whiplash wins

(I only bolded the "obvious troll" thing just because I couldn't bold that pic)

#33 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigCimmerian said:

#34 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout

I hate to repeat myself, but:

Come back when you can give us a proper debate. Or better yet, don't even bother.
#35 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

I think it's a question of who hits first.

#36 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

y

#37 Posted by Nessy (569 posts) - - Show Bio

What about those capsules GG used that turned those rich guys to skeletons?

#38 Posted by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nessy said:

What About the 30 something Iron Man Suits that Whip Lash made and controle????

Did anyone remember those? They were all under and remade by Whiplash. So that should be part of his arsenal. Just saying.

#39 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@CadenceV2 said:

@Nessy said:

Did anyone remember those? They were all under and remade by Whiplash. So that should be part of his arsenal. Just saying.

Those are excluded from this debate. I should have been clear about that.

Though, it might be interesting to have Goblin and 30 of those light mechs from the Spider Man game v.s Whiplash and those 30 drones. What do you think?

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

y

Because the busters will rip Whiplash a new one. And the whips would be lethal to Goblin.

#40 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomsapprentice said:

@CadenceV2 said:

@Nessy said:

Those are excluded from this debate. I should have been clear about that.

Though, it might be interesting to have Goblin and 30 of those light mechs from the Spider Man game v.s Whiplash and those 30 drones. What do you think?

@jeanroygrant said:

@venomsapprentice said:

@jeanroygrant said:

@BigCimmerian said:

y

Because the busters will rip Whiplash a new one. And the whips would be lethal to Goblin.

i see

#41 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like since Whiplash can't fly...and doesn't really wear any armor to counter a Bunker-buster bomb/pumpkin bomb/machine-gun fire

Goblin would take it 9/10

#42 Posted by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

I feel like since Whiplash can't fly...and doesn't really wear any armor to counter a Bunker-buster bomb/pumpkin bomb/machine-gun fire

Goblin would take it 9/10

We're talking about the mark 2 suit that can fly.

But the Goblin is more maneuverable.

#43 Posted by Sufferthorn (1734 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh...i might say Iron Man wins then. :P

#44 Edited by venomsapprentice (631 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sufferthorn said:

Huh...i might say Iron Man wins then. :P

Maybe IM would win, but what about Whiplash?XD

#45 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

mickey rourke wins. 1 strike of his whip is enough to cut through or disable green goblin's hover craft. not to mention he has better armor

#46 Posted by BloodsunX (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Whiplash takes this without much trouble. Anyone want to attempt to prove me wrong or say why he wouldn't? I'm ready.

#47 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

@GR2Blackout said:

@venomsapprentice said:

Whiplash wins

#48 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodsunX said:

Whiplash takes this without much trouble. Anyone want to attempt to prove me wrong or say why he wouldn't? I'm ready.

Goblin is more maneuverable, and there's no evidence that Whiplash could tank Goblin's bunker missiles. Like I said on the first page, Whiplash would win if the fight starts at close range and on the ground, but in the air or at a distance Goblin just dances around Whiplash while bombarding him with missiles.

#49 Posted by jsav777 (658 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Pkc-kz42M skip to the 6 min mark.

Whiplash has taken hits from explosives before. His armor is just to strong to take damage from most projectiles. It deflected a top military grade bunker buster. He's also show proficient at blocking projectiles as shown in his first fight with Iron Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aeYaTvkWNc&feature=related

Goblin's only real powerful weapon is his buster. His pumkin bombs didn't even kill Spidey at point blank range and Razorbats won't do anything. Can someone show me anything besides a Buster that Goblin has because the only arguments I've seen are "Buster=win" or "Goblin is way stronger" the latter really being unfounded.

#50 Posted by Moonchilde (1601 posts) - - Show Bio

@jsav777 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1Pkc-kz42M skip to the 6 min mark.

Whiplash has taken hits from explosives before. His armor is just to strong to take damage from most projectiles. It deflected a top military grade bunker buster. He's also show proficient at blocking projectiles as shown in his first fight with Iron Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aeYaTvkWNc&feature=related

Goblin's only real powerful weapon is his buster. His pumkin bombs didn't even kill Spidey at point blank range and Razorbats won't do anything. Can someone show me anything besides a Buster that Goblin has because the only arguments I've seen are "Buster=win" or "Goblin is way stronger" the latter really being unfounded.

That "top military grade bunker" that Whiplashed "tanked" in that clip was a weapon created by Justin Hammer. That's not a durability feat for Whiplash, that was to show that War Machine got scammed with a faulty weapon by Mr. Hammer. If you watch that clip with the dialog instead of the crappy techno-music that's been dubbed over it for some reason, then you'd note that Iron Man & War Machine even comment after it's fired how they shouldn't have trusted a weapon from Hammer Industries.

The only other thing that Whiplash withstands besides that is some mid caliber gun-fire. Again, not impressive.

The only actual powerful attack he gets hit with (the double-hand blast thing) outright kills Whiplash.

Sorry, Whiplash has no durabilty feats that suggest he can withstand Goblin's bunker bomb, which unlike War Machine's bomb, was actually a real weapon and not a dud.