• 182 results
#1 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay I know your all going to say Batman right of the bat (see what I did there) , But anyway Green arrow has just been trained up to his level of hand to hand combat He took out death stroke I mean come on.

But they cant prepare for the battle it just happens so no forward planing .

#2 Posted by speed (550 posts) - - Show Bio

green arrow

#3 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

With out planning i'll go with Green Arrow with planning Batman.

#4 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

get real lol, he still has to earn his stripes(green arrow)

has greeen arrow beat

lady shiva and gang

has green arrow beat

cain and batgirl(casssandra cain)

much less mad dog(cain 1st and son/ batgirl equal)

Can he beat black cat(forget name) from jsa

Has he fought and beat

the demon head?

last if you think that bats has to plan to win, thats why green arrow loses?

bat is always with plans that whats does, he would care less, and drop a batplane on green arrow if need be( ok thats out there, but its darknight stuff ) lol

#5 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"get real lol, he still has to earn his stripes(green arrow) has greeen arrow beat lady shiva and gang has green arrow beat cain and batgirl(casssandra cain) much less mad dog(cain 1st and son/ batgirl equal) Can he beat black cat(forget name) from jsa Has he fought and beat the demon head? last if you think that bats has to plan to win, thats why green arrow loses? bat is always with plans that whats does, he would care less, and drop a batplane on green arrow if need be( ok thats out there, but its darknight stuff ) lol"

Fair Point But I think Green Arrow has more then earned his "stripes" after taking on a whole Island of assians and he also beat death stroke who also has fought batman to a stand still as well as beaten david cain so that knocks those two out but he is also one of the founding Members of JLA so has fought most of the big guys do not rate him out because most people think he is funny he is one of the fighters in hand to hand and in mind games .

#6 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Well you can't really say "without planning" because most likely Batman has already planned how to do it long ago as he does any hero, for the possibility they go rogue. He may not have the preparations but I'm sure he already thought out what it would take.

I also think this battle depends a lot on the location, if its somewhere there is lots of light and open spaces Batman will obviously be at a disadvantage, but if its somewhere dark and closed in where he can sneak up on Ollie, then he has the advantage.

#7 Posted by Final Arrow (24388 posts) - - Show Bio

good points but also factor in that Batman does not know that Ollie has been doing all this training Green arrow now is a very diffrent Green Arrow from back in the day But I totally agree on the terrain side and also dont forget Ollie has a talent for being able to rub Bruce up the wrong way which makes him a worse fighter . But in the end I would say it would be close but I think Batman Im a massive Green arrow fan but I think batman would pull it out the bag some how

#8 Posted by Fourpower (R.I.P) (2021 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. Easily. Too smart, too skilled, too many weapons. Not even a contest.

#9 Posted by Jean_Luc_LeBeau (84704 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Arrows cool, but he aint Batman. Bruce would kick his arse.

#10 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce kicked Superman's ass one time (although he was prepared full on, but still. When you beat Superman, nobody forgets this and probably makes fun of Superman for like a month.) Green Arrow is skilled with his bow, Batman is skilled with practically every weapon. He doesn't have to prepare for long, I mean he isn't the Midnighter, but I'm sure he knows how to take care of the Green Arrow. Despite having no superpowers, Batman is like in the top 5 most dangerous heroes of DC. Arrow would get beat.

#11 Posted by V (294 posts) - - Show Bio

Photon says:

"Bruce kicked Superman's ass one time (although he was prepared full on, but still. When you beat Superman, nobody forgets this and probably makes fun of Superman for like a month.) Green Arrow is skilled with his bow, Batman is skilled with practically every weapon. He doesn't have to prepare for long, I mean he isn't the Midnighter, but I'm sure he knows how to take care of the Green Arrow. Despite having no superpowers, Batman is like in the top 5 most dangerous heroes of DC. Arrow would get beat. 1"

Well put. Batmans already played this fight out in his head like 20 times. And each time it ends the same way, with Green Arrow knocked out.

#12 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh,I like Batman as much as the rest of us, but I think you guys give it to Bats too easy. If the two were in a desert standing 100 feet apart, I'm pretty sure Ollie could nail him at leasta couple times before Bat caught up with him. Then the bleeding weakened Bat would be defeated by GA. Hes human he can't survive a couple arrows through the chest better than any other human.(or maybe innumerable of the trick arrows?)

#13 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

can you say ninja training by one of the best....

it may be funny to some of you guys... but the fact is that in real life martrial artist are able to do what amazes us...

batman was trained by one on the best..and other great ones

I am like the super follower of envoriment and terrian, but in the above i would like to add...

a wounded oppent is more dangerous than a ready one, it would be a waiting game, the min bat gets hits, he may fall down, and disppear, if ollie does not put the down shot on him...than he will have to find bats.. any sniper will tell you they dont looked but wait.. i dont believe ollie can out wait bruce, he goes days without sleep, stays sharp and as cool ice.

by the way open terrian is a dreath trap for any one, the city/forrest is both their strong point, a city has more vantage points and snip and attack/hide than open terrian

also bat is a master of terrian, this has been shown in many comics, movies and cartoons.

now the question becomes will the arrow go though bats armor? and bats has more "tricks" on him than arrow has arrows

im sorry, to seem so bat like, im not, i have not really read much arrows stuff, and i do like his style, but i just hate to say that bats background is more covered and outclasses green arrows training /background..

#14 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Bats, I love Ollie but Bats takes this laying down

#15 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins.

#16 Posted by sevennames27 (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Final Arrow said:
"

Okay I know your all going to say Batman right of the bat (see what I did there) , But anyway Green arrow has just been trained up to his level of hand to hand combat He took out death stroke I mean come on.

But they cant prepare for the battle it just happens so no forward planing .

"

That fight with Death Stroke was total PIS, Batman wins.
#17 Posted by Zoom (14668 posts) - - Show Bio

Correction: The fight with Deathstroke was totally faked.  Deathstroke lost on purpose and GA had to call in the League to deal with Deathstroke when he was actually trying to kill him.

#18 Posted by Chaos Agent (2150 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#19 Posted by BatDance (2248 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins, too much experience, too many gadgets

#20 Posted by Jerry Seinfeld (598 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins. I think he has caught an arrow before hasn't he? Any way Batman has been trained in 127 forms of combat how many has Green Arrow done? Plus he has all those gadgets.
#21 Posted by jacobyLIVE (1828 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman makes Green Arrow a pin cushion with GA's own arrows

#22 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jerry Seinfeld said:
" Batman wins. I think he has caught an arrow before hasn't he? Any way Batman has been trained in 127 forms of combat how many has Green Arrow done? Plus he has all those gadgets. "
Better

#23 Posted by MKF30 (11635 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#24 Posted by batfan1939 (371 posts) - - Show Bio
@The WeatherMan:
When did Batman beat him? Hush? Dark Knight Returns? Dark Knight Strikes Again? Red Son? WHICH TIME? ;D
#25 Posted by vuviper (5531 posts) - - Show Bio
@batfan1939: That guy posted like 2 years ago
#26 Edited by batfan1939 (371 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN. He made up a plan that successfully defeated the JLA. This wasn't because the situation demanded it, but because he was "spitballing" what would take the heroes down if he needed to. This JLA was arguably the most powerful (Rayner, Wonder Woman and Superman and the Martian at the higher end of their powers, Batman and the Atom at their smartest, and the Flash near or at his fastest. Oh, and Plastic man and Aquaman were there too, for some reason. This was JLA: Tower of Babel.

Batman made up A SERIES of hypothetical plans (again, untested) that successfully brought Gotham City to its knees. This was War Drums/War Games/War Crimes. 

Heck, Batman has backup Batcaves (as seen in NML)...do you really think he doesn't have some sort of plan for the Arrow? And he's shown he can block Ollie's arrows (using a move OLIVER taught him). 

"No Prep Time" and "random encounter" only further cripple's the Arrow's chances of winning. Batman always has a plan!

#27 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio

BATMAN wins this Ollie knows it, and Bruce knows it.
#28 Posted by DarkBird (167 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman Green arrow is just a medieval version of Batman

#29 Posted by Bruce27 (494 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman always finds a way to win. Gotta give it to bruce.

#30 Posted by Xavier St. Cloud (1924 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman wins... But Green Arrow is getting better. This would still be a good fight.
#31 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Green Arrow a lot more than Batman, but that's irrelevant; Batman still wins. 
Oliver having training to put him on par with Bats skill-wise is nice but Batman still has superior esperience and will, not to mention a pychological edge over Ollie.  
#32 Posted by goldenshot80 (7349 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mighty Magneto said:
"

With out planning i'll go with Green Arrow with planning Batman.

"
#33 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman. It would be cool to see, though.

#34 Posted by Pokeysteve (8557 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie is now on Bruce's level lol!!! Wow. Black Canary, Dick Grayson, Huntress, Tim Drake..........characters who have been training since they were children can't match Bruce (Dinah arguably can) and all of a sudden Ollie goes away for a year and comes back on Bruce's level. How the hell does everyone accept this like it's no big deal? Bruce and any of the people mentioned beat Ollie. Arrow is one of my least favorite characters but so is Bruce so in my head it evens out  =D

#35 Posted by entropy_aegis (15472 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntress and drake cant match bruce by a longshot and ollie has been training longer than both put together. 
grayson has only recently become a match for bruce,i remember back in fugitive bruce oneshotting him.  
and the problem with ollies training is that later writers ignored it,in all honestly it doesnt matter how long one trains ,as long as we know that they have trained it's all good(catman and hush come to mind).
#36 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13171 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh Final Arrow, to be young again....

#37 Posted by Pokeysteve (8557 posts) - - Show Bio
@entropy_aegis: Where in my post did you read Huntress and Drake can match Bruce? I don't care how long Ollie has been training, either one of them beats him in straight up hand to hand. The later writers ignored it because they recognized how ridiculous it is. If character A can go away for a year and become a H2H master why can't characters B, C, D, and so on. It was a stupid idea. 
#38 Posted by batflasharrow96 (445 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icoop: Batman could catch his arrows and he could use his batarangs against him.
#39 Edited by Thowell3 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to point out that Ollie Once almost killed Bruce In JLA  #125 and that was before the Extra Training that Ollie Got.  so ya just thought I would throw that out there for every one to know. Also Bruce is flawed like most humans he over thinks, That's why  I don't like Batman very much, People over hype him like at least Superman has a weakness  to Kryptonite but Batman has not exact weakness other than being human which even at this point I would say he is so cynical he doesn't count as a human being. You can be prepared for stuff but you can't plan out Every move you will make because sometimes that Crap doesn't  matter. I know people who are 3rd  Degree black belts that have been beaten by 1st Degree black belts,  Compared to there skills they are evenly matched in most cases.
I would have to say it depends on the Author of the comic that the fight takes place. But in my opinion it's evenly matched.

#40 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5485 posts) - - Show Bio

Wayne

#41 Posted by charlieboy (7169 posts) - - Show Bio

babababatman.
#42 Posted by Killemall (18640 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright here goes nothing,

BUMP

I think this is a very close call i am surprised everyone's picking Batman when they look equally matched when they fought for a brief time on Gotham Knight 53.

#43 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman

#44 Posted by NEEK_03 (1200 posts) - - Show Bio

They are far from evenly matched, i could post scans where batman makes ollie look like he couldnt even be his robin.

#45 Posted by cracker_jack (220 posts) - - Show Bio

@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:

Bats, I love Ollie but Bats takes this laying down
#46 Posted by RyuHayabusa (2019 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Bats

#47 Edited by emad_ishtiaque (370 posts) - - Show Bio

@NEEK_03: Can you please? I haven't seen anything like that yet. And by the way, I think Batman should win here as well.

#48 Posted by YoungJustice (6887 posts) - - Show Bio

Bruce

#49 Posted by ThunderBat (27 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman has this I mean, you talk about Ollie's training and stuff but what about Bruce's grapelgun, he could just bring his greenass and whoop it. The way I see it GA started as a lame copy of batman look at the basic characteristics 1.rich parents 2. Kid gets starined in some weird ass location 3.becomes a vigilante 4.while disguising his identity as the town's biggest playboy

#50 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

The Batman has this I mean, you talk about Ollie's training and stuff but what about Bruce's grapelgun, he could just bring his greenass and whoop it. The way I see it GA started as a lame copy of batman look at the basic characteristics 1.rich parents 2. Kid gets starined in some weird ass location 3.becomes a vigilante 4.while disguising his identity as the town's biggest playboy

Oh man, why did you necro this thread?