Green Arrow (TV version) vs Judge Dredd (Movie Version)

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Random encounter at an unpopulated city block at night

Both characters stand 25 meters away from each

Loads of cover around them

In character

Winner by KO, Incapacitation or Death

Who'd win ?

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

As skilled and ruthless as Arrow is he doesn't have the training, experience, mercilessness or gear that Dredd has. Arrow is more agile and possibly faster but Dredd is tougher and has far superior equipment. Better body armour, better medical supplies and a much better weapon. Arrow takes out a few armed thugs at a time using a bow and arrows and relies a lot on quasi-stealthy tactics. Dredd takes out hordes of armed psychopaths and evil Judges, who have everything he does, but just aren't quite as good. Neither of them often fight opponents who match their skill and/or intelligence, mostly just goons with guns, but from what i've seen Dredd does so with a lot more efficiency that Arrow. Also, bullets go faster than arrows.

Also, i was assuming you meant the Green Arrow from the series Arrow, not from Smallville.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Smallville GA wins

Arrow Hood loses

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dondave

Dredd

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Wolverine008

Dredd takes this.

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By brainstorm01

thor

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By brainstorm01

ga

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

Dredd stomps

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Which Arrow and which Dredd....?

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 rogueshadow  Moderator

Dredd 6/10. I don't think it's a stomp like other guys.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smallville GA wins

Arrow Hood loses

It's not like either of them has a bow that shoots arrows as fast as bullets. Any version of Dredd would almost definitely win against either, and pretty easily, too.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@silverrings: Smallville GA was insanely accurate. and he is very good.

Scan 1: dodges bullets

Scan 2: one arrow knocks Mr freeze down

Scan 3: holds his own against Barbra Gordon/Nightwing, I can find the rest of the scans.

Scan 4: has the ability to spam taser arrows.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Silverrings

That was undoubtedly aim-dodging. No version of Green Arrow is an actual bullet-timer. Dredd can fire multiple bullets at a time, as well as explosive bullets and, in some cases, homing bullets. Green Arrow is very skilled, i am aware, but he can't dodge everything, let alone big ol' explosions. Plus, bullets go faster than arrows, so even if Dredd fired after Green Arrow did the bullet would still hit the latter before the arrow hit the former. Unless it was somehow boosted to bullet-speed, but i'm not aware of any that are. Dredd has very good body armour, and that super-helpful medical-glue, so he can tank a good few hits anyway. Also, it looks like Freeze is already on the floor in that picture, but that's just a nit-pick.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Dredd. His combat efficiency is good enough to hang with any versions of Green Arrow (maybe even beat since he is pretty brutal), has good durability, tougher armor, and far more impressive versatility in his Lawgiver than anything Ollie has in his arsenal. High X would blow him up instantly, and he has those incendiary rounds.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Dredd 6/10. I don't think it's a stomp like other guys.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman said:

snip

That was undoubtedly aim-dodging. No version of Green Arrow is an actual bullet-timer. Dredd can fire multiple bullets at a time, as well as explosive bullets and, in some cases, homing bullets. Green Arrow is very skilled, i am aware, but he can't dodge everything, let alone big ol' explosions. Plus, bullets go faster than arrows, so even if Dredd fired after Green Arrow did the bullet would still hit the latter before the arrow hit the former. Unless it was somehow boosted to bullet-speed, but i'm not aware of any that are. Dredd has very good body armour, and that super-helpful medical-glue, so he can tank a good few hits anyway. Also, it looks like Freeze is already on the floor in that picture, but that's just a nit-pick.

I will admit that was some good aim dodging, but he may be a bullet timer. Body armor really doesn't matter againist this version of GA, he could shoot Dredd in the chin. Also GA will kill if needed.

Accuracy feats:

From the roof of Queen Tower, Oliver was able to hit the ornamental globe on the roof of the Daily Planet building almost a mile away; not only did he hit the globe itself, but he was able to specify a location he wanted to hit in Borneo. (Sneeze) He was able to aim his arrow inside of the hole of a pop tab of a soda can. (Wither) He was also able to anticipate a bullet in flight and block it with an arrow. (Arrow) He was able to hit a super powered Zod with a kryptonite arrow, despite Zod being as fast as Clark. Oliver is now skilled enough that he can shoot 3 arrows at once.

Tech:

• EMP arrow

• Electric mini arrow

• Grappling arrow

• Tranquilizer dart

• Knockout Gas dart

• Explosive arrow

• Boxing Glove arrow

He is proficient in several forms of hand-to-hand combat including Judo, Kickboxing and Karate.

Yes the Mr Freeze scan was a fail, lol. I think Ollie knocked him down a scan before that.

Silverrings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow doesn't have super speed, as he's been hit plenty of times, and we know he has no powers, so feats liike that have to be put down to aim-dodging. Or PIS, but i don't think that's necessary. Still, all his aim-dodging, expert archery and various technological gimmicks are gonna give Dredd a hard time, no doubt. Dredd's gun is capable of almost all of that, but in bullet-form, excluding the boxing glove and the tranq, which are hardly missed, especially as he has such powerful explosive rounds. As impressive as Green Arrow anticipating and blocking a bullet is it wont be of much use if Dredd fires a ton of bullets, and wont be of any use if those bullets are explosive. Dredd's also a highly capable hand-to-hand combatant, of course, having mastered Judge-fu, or whatever their future-fisty cuffs is called.

It would help if we knew which tv version of Green Arrow this was, and what feats are relevant, but i'm sticking with Dredd, unless Green Arrow plays it really smart and stealthily. But even then, Dredd is in his element when sneaking up on enemies in abandoned city blocks at night time.

CaptainUzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd blows up GA with hi ex or frag rounds. If he doesn't first hit him with a hypo round or the bio EMP that could literally disable oli queen for life. Dredd stomps, big mismatch imho, Dredd vs punisher would be good though.

Cable_Extreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Dredd comes out on top, he has ways to heal himself if he gets shot, and his weapon is far too versatile for the "arrow" Oliver.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

bump

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tomofukuoka: I don't care if you don't like the show, that has nothing to do with who wins.

Green Arrow wins easily

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dredd is being really wanked here.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points