Green Arrow (Connor Hawke) vs Shredder (IDW)

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

In character

pre New 52 Connor Hawke

winner by KO, Incapacitation or death

random encounter

standard gear and abilities

fight takes place at an unpopulated city setting at night

who'd win? For what reasons?

Sy8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Sy8000

The vine's views on Shredder seem a bit inconsistent to me so I have a hard time gauging him, but just going by feats I've seen Conner should win.

tparks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Argument can be made for Connor, because Shredder hasn't really had any arrows shot at him, but going by the way Shredder is portrayed in every single appearance, I'd be very surprised if Shredder actually would ever get hit with an arrow. He does have a few feats to support this, but it's not a ton. The reason being that every character in the IDW universe dances around bullets effortlessly, so there's not much of a reason to carry many ranged weapons, besides Karai.

So there's not a lot of on panel feats to make this a clear cut definite yes that he will dodge every arrow, but it is heavily implied.

There are feats however to suggest that Shredder could survive exploding arrows, and walk away unscathed. In his fight with Krang, Krang shot down a helicopter with his rockets. Then Krang shoots Shredder with them, and he tanks them like a champ, and even taunts Krang because he is un-phased by them.

As soon as it's close range, Shredder wins every time.

So I'm not saying Shredder absolutely wins every time, but it's probably a safe assumption, and will likely be proved if the series keeps going past it's planned end at issue 50, and Shredder is still alive.

Batking200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Batking200

Connor