#1 Edited by Fetts (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

Rules:

-Morals on.

-No prep or prior knowledge of each other.

-Each contender start 7 ft. away from each other.

-Ollie has his bow and standard arrows only. No trick arrows.

-Fight takes place in the sewers (where Batman and Bane first fought in TDKR).

vs

#2 Posted by The Stegman (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, I'll even say easily. Unlike Batman, he'll use long range attacks, and he's a very good shot, I don't see Bane dodging them all, eventually, he's gonna get it where it counts.

#3 Edited by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie takes this with absolute ease. His aim is nigh perfect and even in close quarters, he's proven to be deadly accurate. Bane goes down before he can even make a move.

#4 Posted by beautifulrevery (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow, I'll even say easily. Unlike Batman, he'll use long range attacks, and he's a very good shot, I don't see Bane dodging them all, eventually, he's gonna get it where it counts.

Ollie takes this with absolute ease. His aim is nigh perfect and even in close quarters, he's proven to be deadly accurate. Bane goes down before he can even make a move.

Both of these

#5 Posted by dondave (39686 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow ftw

#6 Edited by Walzo (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

Arrow with ease. Bane isn't strong with range, and Ollie kills in the show doesn't he?

#7 Edited by RisingBean (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

To add to this, Arrow kills people. His moral standing is not going to allow for him to play nice. He will pin cushion Bane.

#8 Posted by The Stegman (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman said:

To add to this, Arrow kills people. His moral standing is not going to allow for him to play nice. He will pin cushion Bane.

Of course, morals on or off won't even matter in this fight since both fight with no morals anyway (unless Ollie is fighting Huntress that is... >.>)

#9 Posted by AllStarSuperman (25937 posts) - - Show Bio

Ollie has morals. There just loose. And he's actually been getting better IIRC

#10 Posted by RisingBean (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. I posted slow somehow. I posted after Stegman's first on my screen. All the other folks, I agree with too.

and @the_stegman: I don't get it. Huntress is only like the 4th most attractive girl on the show. Shoot her in the face and move on, Ollie!

#11 Posted by Walzo (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

1) No Morals in the OP

2) Ollie is A-Okay with killing people on the show, which is the version we are using.

#12 Edited by The Stegman (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn. I posted slow somehow. I posted after Stegman's first on my screen. All the other folks, I agree with too.

and @the_stegman: I don't get it. Huntress is only like the 4th most attractive girl on the show. Shoot her in the face and move on, Ollie!

Huntress is horrible, I hate her...a lot. Personally Felicity is my favorite girl on the show.

#13 Posted by XEL820 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: Who do you rank above her? I actually have her as 1 or 2 :P

#14 Posted by The Stegman (28098 posts) - - Show Bio

@walzo said:

@allstarsuperman said:

1) No Morals in the OP

2) Ollie is A-Okay with killing people on the show, which is the version we are using.

I think what he's trying to say is, Ollie will give people chances, and try to redeem them, the only ones he shows no mercy to are those in his book. But I believe if he knows who Bane is, no mercy would be granted even if morals were on.

#15 Posted by omegablast452 (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane orders his men to Kill Ollie if he doesn't disarm

gg

/battle.

#16 Posted by AllStarSuperman (25937 posts) - - Show Bio

^this

#17 Posted by RisingBean (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: McKenna Hall is mine. Felicity is number 2, Laurel 3, Carley Diggle 4. I am only counting the non crazy normal women.

Back on topic, Ollie still wins. Maybe even in h2h. He isn't past his prime, weighed down by armor and a cape and fighting using the same style Bane knows. What do you guys think?

#18 Posted by Charetter115 (523 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean: I think Bane tops Ollie in h2h. The OP should change the fight to h2h only.

#19 Posted by theDCkid (940 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane.

#20 Posted by russellmania77 (16630 posts) - - Show Bio

bane will break the arrow

#21 Posted by Fetts (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_stegman: @deranged_midget: @risingbean: @walzo: You all realize that they start 7 ft. away from right? That's pretty much setting up for a close combat fight. I don't think he'd shoot arrows at that range. He rarely does.

#22 Posted by Stronger (5051 posts) - - Show Bio

With his standart equipment Olie wins.

Pure h2h,Bane wrecks.

#23 Posted by dondave (39686 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: He did it while on the rain to save Roy

#24 Posted by JediWaffles (756 posts) - - Show Bio

@risingbean said:

Huntress is horrible, I hate her...a lot. Personally Felicity is my favorite girl on the show.

Yes yes and thrice yes. Felicity is just so damn cute. The chinese dude's daughter is pretty hot as well. Back on topic, though, i'd say Ollie takes it, he's fast/agile enough to make some space for him to get out of Bane's reach, and then stick a coupla arrows in him.

#25 Posted by lordraiden (8246 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane hands this young ollie his ass. Seriously, if that's all it took, he wouldn't have been such a wanted man!

#26 Edited by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: In the most recent episode, he was affected by a new version of Vertigo and still recovering when he shot himself full of that plant (can't spell the name) that cures anything.

He confronted the doctor behind the new Vertigo drug and shot him, using three arrows since he was barely able to stand) from a distance no more than 10 feet away.

Ollie knows his strengths and weaknesses and he never dives into a fight head on as archery is speciality. I wouldn't say that Ollie is better than Bane in hand-to-hand combat, but he surely is better than Bruce was.

#27 Posted by Walzo (4365 posts) - - Show Bio

Bane hands this young ollie his ass. Seriously, if that's all it took, he wouldn't have been such a wanted man!

Except for the fact that Ollie kills, unlike Batman. He'll have no problem putting a arrow through Bane.

#28 Posted by RisingBean (5467 posts) - - Show Bio

@jediwaffles: That Chinese girl is Shado.

: Ollie can get a shot off at that distance and is able to segue from h2h to shooting without too much trouble. I recall this happening during the pilot with Dakon. Don't get me wrong, Bane is a scary man, but nothing says to me that he can't be beaten by Arrow.

#29 Posted by Fetts (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

@dondave: @deranged_midget: Sometimes he does yes. But he usually shoots at that range when he has to (like if there's a gun involved for example). He went H2H with Shabo, Constantine Drakon, Deadshot (more or less), and Huntress if memory serves well.

#30 Edited by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: Indeed he has, but he's proven to be just as capable in close quarters and as accurate.

#31 Posted by Manhunter_Prime (93 posts) - - Show Bio

7 ft is short, if Bane decided to close the distance then Ollie doesn't have time to draw (assuming he doesn't start the fight with an arrow notched). If they start on the catwalk on the upper level, there is not much room for Ollie to maneuver and ready an arrow. If Ollie chooses to throw a flechette, it won't be able to stop Bane with a torso shot, and Bane will be smart enough to cover his head, so he'll tank it.

So either Ollie chances H2H or he leaps to a lower level with more room to maneuver. If he takes the second option, then he definitely wins. Might be closer if he goes H2H, although he could still use an arrow as an improv weapon so maybe not. Plus Ollie has some pretty good H2H feats in the show.

#32 Posted by Fetts (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: I agree. I know he's perfectly capable of shooting in close combat effectively. I'm just saying I don't think he would in this scenario, and usually the only times he ever shoots in close combat is when he's forced to.

#33 Posted by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts: You don't think that an opponent of Bane's skill wouldn't force Ollie to improvise? If anything, he'd play it smart by focusing on his strong points and keeping his distance. It's not as if he isn't fast enough to avoid Bane or keep his distance.

#34 Posted by Fetts (5007 posts) - - Show Bio

@deranged_midget: Ollie doesn't have any prior knowledge of Bane though. I can put that in the OP. But he has no idea exactly how skilled he is. And even if he did... Since when was that Ollie's style? To run and shoot back to keep his distance from an opponent? That doesn't sound like Green Arrow to me.

As for avoiding Bane, I'm not so sure it's that easy. Bane has friggin fists of fury if he's really trying. He may be a brute, but he's by far not a slow one. Ollie may be more agile, and Bane may be stronger, but I'd say they're on about equal terms when it comes to speed.

#35 Posted by InnerSuperman (897 posts) - - Show Bio

arrow

#36 Posted by Obtrusive (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

Is bane better than deathstroke? The pilot episode eluded to arrow beating death stroke.

Also if you were using just actors fighting I still don't know where it would go, I saw warrior. Both dudes are beasts.

#37 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (3164 posts) - - Show Bio

Is bane better than deathstroke? The pilot episode eluded to arrow beating death stroke.

Also if you were using just actors fighting I still don't know where it would go, I saw warrior. Both dudes are beasts.

Arrow did not beat Deathstroke. If that happened in the state he was in then I would have quit the show then. But as it stands Deathstroke is a beast and would dominate Bane any day of the week(and twice on mondays LOL).

In the match since they don't know each other Olly will go in with fisticuffs and have his back broken as mentioned he won't have time to notch a arrow and he isn't the time to run away(except when needed) when he finds out it will be to late.

#38 Edited by Deranged Midget (18229 posts) - - Show Bio

@fetts said:

: Ollie doesn't have any prior knowledge of Bane though. I can put that in the OP. But he has no idea exactly how skilled he is. And even if he did... Since when was that Ollie's style? To run and shoot back to keep his distance from an opponent? That doesn't sound like Green Arrow to me.

I never said that Oliver had any knowledge of Bane up front but from almost all of his encounters in Arrow thus far, he never starts the fight with hand-to-hand combat unless he's forced to. Even when cornered, he will still resort to his bow. He has also utilized his smaller arrows in a similar manner as throwing knives to cut off someone's nerve endings in their arm to keep them from pulling an explosive trigger while the distance was only a few feet between them.

As for avoiding Bane, I'm not so sure it's that easy. Bane has friggin fists of fury if he's really trying. He may be a brute, but he's by far not a slow one. Ollie may be more agile, and Bane may be stronger, but I'd say they're on about equal terms when it comes to speed.

Bane wasn't seen utilizing any sort of agility in TDKR. He's quick in combat and he's immensely strong but from what we've seen from Oliver, he has an advantage in speed and agility in terms of movement.

#39 Posted by Obtrusive (1786 posts) - - Show Bio

@bluelantern1995: There is still time, and he is getting better every flash back. We will just have to see.