• 90 results
#1 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

NORSE WINS THEY HAVE COOLER gods and if u look at it thor is the god of thunder and is just the son of odin look at zeus hes the top god for greek myhtology but also a god of thunder.

#2 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Well yeah norse has the god killers surtur and i think atum dotn forget the fernus wolf all greek has is hydra and that 3 headed dog lol and odin is way more powerful in norse tso is surtur.

#3 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"NORSE WINS THEY HAVE COOLER gods and if u look at it thor is the god of thunder and is just the son of odin look at zeus hes the top god for greek myhtology but also a god of thunder."

I like Greek myslef. I luv how Zues kills his father Chronos. I think it was with his own rib.

#4 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek Mythology. The Big Three could take any of the Norse Gods.

#5 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

And, think of all the demi-gods of Greek Mythology. Combined with the gods including the Big Three would take Norse mythology.

#6 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol norse wins they have stronger being fernus wolf um thor odin and his brothers surtur surtur and odin would probably be enough.

#7 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

NORSE wins no matter what and nobody call up Kratos for the greeks because hes not actually in greek mythology.

#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Lol norse wins they have stronger being fernus wolf um thor odin and his brothers surtur surtur and odin would probably be enough."

Are you high? The Greeks have Hades, Zeus, Athena, Hera, Poseidon, not to mention the Titans.

#9 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"NORSE wins no matter what and nobody call up Kratos for the greeks because hes not actually in greek mythology."

Kratos is neither a demi-god nor a titan you moron! Kratos is a human! ok, well, not at the end of the first game and the beginning of the second bu he gets turned back into a mortal!

There's Hades, Poseidon, and Zeus, who could level the entire country without even trying, plus other gods and dmei-gods.

#10 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

i know that ghoul im just saying so that people wont say he can get involved just because he killed the god of war and beat up his dad.
Post Edited:2007-08-15 02:15:46

#11 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Well fine then, but The Big Three could take all of the Norse Gods by themselves! LEt's take Hades: Lord of the Underworld, helmet of invisibility, power an control over the undead, then there's Poseidon: Can control any and all water, can summon harsh storms, tidal waves, and severe earthquakes, and then Zeus: The head honcho, master of the heavens, and can basically fry anything to a crisp.

Now, let's get starte on other gods: Ares: God of WAR, enough said, Athena: Godess of Wisdom, can outsmart the Norse, Artemis: Goddess of the Hunt, hunts the Norse down, Hermes: Messenger of the Gods and patron god of thieves and travelers, plus he can fly around the world in an instant. Then there's Demeter:Godess of the Harvest, so she can control all plant life, Aphrodite: Goddess of Love, who can basically make anyone fall in love with anyone else, including her, Hepheastus: God of the forge an weapon=smith to the gods.

Then there's demi-gods, and the list goes on an on.

#12 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

Norse gods are better at weapons useage look at thor if lightning dosent work he will bash ur face in also the greeks usually lived in peace unlike the Norse gods who at most times are at war.
Post Edited:2007-08-15 02:34:50

#13 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

also the greek gods will backstab each other.

#14 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Just because they mostly are at peace doesn't mean they're any less good of a fighter. And weapons don't mean crap. Like a weapon is going to do any good against a dude that can drown you in seconds or a chick that can strangle you with vines. Better still against the dude who controls every dead person EVER. Yeah, weapons are the whole thing.

#15 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"also the greek gods will backstab each other."

any god will stabback nother god. What would you call Loki then? A fair God?

#16 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#17 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#18 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"zee crusher says:
"Lol norse wins they have stronger being fernus wolf um thor odin and his brothers surtur surtur and odin would probably be enough."
Are you high? The Greeks have Hades, Zeus, Athena, Hera, Poseidon, not to mention the Titans."

whats funny about that is that Odin and his 2 brothers kill ymir a frost giant. after his death midgard was made and the world tree grows through the body of ymir. So in norse myth we all live on the body of the dead frost giant. there are somany things tat link the to mythology/religions together. like in the 11th trial of hercules is to Steal the Golden Apples of the Hesperides, in that Heracles tricked Atlas into retrieving some of the golden apples for him, by offering to hold up the heavens for a little while. its said that atlas travels north to get the apples, in norse myth the golden apples are what keeps the gods young and strong (um that and beer), so if he travels north is was thought that he was retrieving some of the norse apples.

#19 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

as i was saying ghoul u only here of loki backstabbing the norse gods but the greek gods stab each other in the back.

#20 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"as i was saying ghoul u only here of loki backstabbing the norse gods but the greek gods stab each other in the back."

Umm....how is that any different? Whaetever, They wouldn't stab each other in the back if they were in a war against others, like in the Titan War. They all worked together and fought the titans, later winning. Plus, the powers that some of the Gods have are amazing. Poseidon could kill someone with a snapp of his fingers if he wanted to by pulling the water from their very body. Haes could order the fates to cut somone's thread, and Zeus, well, one lightning bolt an you're fried.

#21 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghoul says:

"BIONIC HERO says:
"as i was saying ghoul u only here of loki backstabbing the norse gods but the greek gods stab each other in the back."
Umm....how is that any different? Whaetever, They wouldn't stab each other in the back if they were in a war against others, like in the Titan War. They all worked together and fought the titans, later winning. Plus, the powers that some of the Gods have are amazing. Poseidon could kill someone with a snapp of his fingers if he wanted to by pulling the water from their very body. Haes could order the fates to cut somone's thread, and Zeus, well, one lightning bolt an you're fried."

O_o where did you study greek myth?

#22 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

acewasp23 says:

"Ghoul says:
"BIONIC HERO says:
Umm....how is that any different? Whaetever, They wouldn't stab each other in the back if they were in a war against others, like in the Titan War. They all worked together and fought the titans, later winning. Plus, the powers that some of the Gods have are amazing. Poseidon could kill someone with a snapp of his fingers if he wanted to by pulling the water from their very body. Haes could order the fates to cut somone's thread, and Zeus, well, one lightning bolt an you're fried."
O_o where did you study greek myth? "

Why? ok, so maybe Hades can't order the fates, so what. He still could kill someone. easily. But seriously, Poseidon can command any and all water, including the water we nee to survive in our bodies.

#23 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

but the norse gods have norns to also cut threads and thor would redirect the lightning with his hammer .

#24 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, lightning is gone, but there's still lots of other people. there's one out of the Big Three down, there's still Poseidon and Hades. Those dudes can kill Thor in like a minute easily. Hades had his helmet of invisibility, and if we were counting everything, he has Cerberus, The (forget the name of it) river where if you drink it your entire memory is wiped clean, and the Poseidon has his trident, along with basically every sea creature ever, He can caus Earthquakes that can shatter a continent, and manipulate water to kill you 9 different ways all at the same time.

#25 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Greek mythology, Zeuz is a frickin' man-whore
Post Edited:2007-08-15 03:13:00

#26 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares is the GOD of war. Think Darkseid.

#27 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Ghoul says:

"acewasp23 says:
"Ghoul says:
"BIONIC HERO says:
O_o where did you study greek myth? "
Why? ok, so maybe Hades can't order the fates, so what. He still could kill someone. easily. But seriously, Poseidon can command any and all water, including the water we nee to survive in our bodies."

Ok Poseidon can contol the sea and every thing in it not water he can also create tidal waves and other oceanic storms he cant control the water in a person's body, his weapon the trident coukld cause small eathquakes and hlp with his other abilities.

Hades could not look at some one and snap his fingers and now there dead. he was the god of the under world, what that meant was that he was to look after the sould of the dead thats all. his helmet made him invisible and his powers were the same as most the other gods. most the powers that the greek gods have came from there title and there armements.

BIONIC HERO says:

"but the norse gods have norns to also cut threads and thor would redirect the lightning with his hammer ."

the norns could tell the future,past , and present same as the fates(side note the fates had no eye's so they used and object called the eye of hemdale, hemdale was a norse god that was to stand watch over the rainbow bridge bifrost). contrary to the comic thors hammer could not make storms or redirect lightning, when the hammer was thrown its would flash like lightning because it was moving that fast and would come back to thor's hand after it hit its target.

#28 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if u know donnieman v 5.1 but zeus is a bio.

#29 Posted by The_MVPs (84694 posts) - - Show Bio

.........Ares...........god............of.............war.............

#30 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, umm....Ares. They're in a war. His territory, seriously. And even if Poseidon didn't have those powers he coul still kill Thor easily. Same with Hades and Zeus, since the hammer can't redirect lightning.

Gambler's right.

#31 Posted by Ghoul (428 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"yeah ur right i just checked norse gods and found out they needed a fricken apple to survive so ur right greek gods win ."

THANK YOU! JUSTICE! Ok, I'm good.

#32 Posted by ZORN (1605 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah ur right i just checked norse gods and found out they needed a fricken apple to survive so ur right greek gods win .

#33 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

".........Ares...........god............of.............war............."

ah Ares was a coward, when Hephaestus found Ares with his wife hephaestus went after him and Ares backed off and ran. after hearing about this the gods started making fun of him.

Ares is the greek god of war, let me name off the norse gods of war, Tyr, Thor, Odin, and Freyr. Tyr was teh god of the sword and of bravery, Thor was the Thunder god, Odin was the Head of the Aesir. God of poetry, wisdom, and death. (oh he also has a spear, Grungir, that never missed its target), and Freyr was the God of weather and fertility. they all were considered the gods of war.

#34 Posted by acewasp23 (6087 posts) - - Show Bio

BIONIC HERO says:

"yeah ur right i just checked norse gods and found out they needed a fricken apple to survive so ur right greek gods win ."

yeah look up the greek they needed ambrosia to survive.

#35 Posted by asylum (154 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm surprised that this has gone this far. Hercules, Achilles, Medusa, the Iliad(Trojan War), Odyssey, the hydra, Prometheus, centaurs, the minotaur, Pandora's box, the titans, King Midas...I could go on forever. The post is Greek mythology vs Norse mythology. Not just the gods. Greeks...'nuff said.
Post Edited:2007-08-15 07:45:03
Post Edited:2007-08-15 07:47:06

#36 Posted by Bueteka (276 posts) - - Show Bio

i lie norse but prefer greek

#37 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

not to anger anyone, but greek out match norse gods. maybe it just the mind frame of diffent cultures.

norse gods are really insane and focus on ranoake"however you spell it" the great battle to end battles.

where the greek gods party, kick butt, and party some more.

if we look at just the wide history and knowledge, much less backgroud, lots of depth is put in greek mythology, i cannot say the same for norse. :(

#38 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Am going to go with Norse...seeing that my heritage is Norwegian. plus i like norse gods like Vidar and Thor's son Magni who could be stronger than Thor.

But the hammer Mjöllnir struck Hrungnir in the middle of the head, and smashed his skull into small crumbs, and he fell forward upon Thor, so that his foot lay over Thor's neck. Thjálfi struck at Mökkurkálfi, and he fell with little glory. Thereupon Thjálfi went over to Thor and would have lifted Hrungnir's foot off him, but could not find sufficient strength. Straightway all the Æsir came up, when they, learned that Thor was fallen, and would have lifted the foot from off him, and could do nothing. Then Magni came up, son of Thor and Járnsaxa: he was then three nights old; he cast the foot of Hrungnir off Thor, and spoke: 'See how ill it is, father, that I came so late: I had struck this giant dead with my fist, methinks, if I had met with him.' Thor arose and welcomed his son, saying that he should surely become great; 'And I will give thee,' he said, the horse Gold-Mane, which Hrungnir possessed.

#39 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"Am going to go with Norse...seeing that my heritage is Norwegian. plus i like norse gods like Vidar and Thor's son Magni who could be stronger than Thor. But the hammer Mjöllnir struck Hrungnir in the middle of the head, and smashed his skull into small crumbs, and he fell forward upon Thor, so that his foot lay over Thor's neck. Thjálfi struck at Mökkurkálfi, and he fell with little glory. Thereupon Thjálfi went over to Thor and would have lifted Hrungnir's foot off him, but could not find sufficient strength. Straightway all the Æsir came up, when they, learned that Thor was fallen, and would have lifted the foot from off him, and could do nothing. Then Magni came up, son of Thor and Járnsaxa: he was then three nights old; he cast the foot of Hrungnir off Thor, and spoke: 'See how ill it is, father, that I came so late: I had struck this giant dead with my fist, methinks, if I had met with him.' Thor arose and welcomed his son, saying that he should surely become great; 'And I will give thee,' he said, the horse Gold-Mane, which Hrungnir possessed."

am lost, what are you saying? are you providing a history fact about the son of thor??

also are their any more stories about thor sons than that one.

#40 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"Lord Shazam says:
"Am going to go with Norse...seeing that my heritage is Norwegian. plus i like norse gods like Vidar and Thor's son Magni who could be stronger than Thor. But the hammer Mjöllnir struck Hrungnir in the middle of the head, and smashed his skull into small crumbs, and he fell forward upon Thor, so that his foot lay over Thor's neck. Thjálfi struck at Mökkurkálfi, and he fell with little glory. Thereupon Thjálfi went over to Thor and would have lifted Hrungnir's foot off him, but could not find sufficient strength. Straightway all the Æsir came up, when they, learned that Thor was fallen, and would have lifted the foot from off him, and could do nothing. Then Magni came up, son of Thor and Járnsaxa: he was then three nights old; he cast the foot of Hrungnir off Thor, and spoke: 'See how ill it is, father, that I came so late: I had struck this giant dead with my fist, methinks, if I had met with him.' Thor arose and welcomed his son, saying that he should surely become great; 'And I will give thee,' he said, the horse Gold-Mane, which Hrungnir possessed."

am lost, what are you saying? are you providing a history fact about the son of thor??

also are their any more stories about thor sons than that one.

"

Its about one of Thor's sons Magni, showing his strength levels compared to the other gods.

The work was written by the Icelandic scholar and historian Snorri Sturluson around 1220. Seven manuscripts, dating from around 1300 to around 1600, have independent textual value.

#41 Posted by Maxim (330 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Greeks. I read whole books on Greek mythology when I was nine. They have so many monsters, I mean, The Titans are Earth destroyers in themselves. Then you got the giant Cyclops's, Zombies (Yes there were Zombies in Greek Myth), Cerberus, Hydra, Minotour(sp?), Centaurs, and that's just what I can remember. Then you have all the heroes with magical weapons. Then you have all the gods. And, I think I forgot........ SPARTANS!!!!!!
Post Edited:2007-08-15 11:49:39

#42 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Lord Shazam says:

"Sync says:
"Lord Shazam says:
am lost, what are you saying? are you providing a history fact about the son of thor?? also are their any more stories about thor sons than that one. "
Its about one of Thor's sons Magni, showing his strength levels compared to the other gods. The work was written by the Icelandic scholar and historian Snorri Sturluson around 1220. Seven manuscripts, dating from around 1300 to around 1600, have independent textual value."

that my point there are just 7????, their is like a whole 50 plus and heclues or any other god of greek, more define. But as i said this cause of culture, greek where knowlege warriors, where norse where crazy warrior of unmatch seamenship

#43 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

more is not always better

#44 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

dont get me wrong, i do like greek mythology as well like Posiden. i also like roman mythology. Vulcan, jupitar, Mars, Neptune.

#45 Posted by Sync (960 posts) - - Show Bio

lol smart guy, roman=greek, but your the 1st here to bring this up.

do you know the diffence in their sculputres "yeah spelled that wrong"

#46 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

Sync says:

"lol smart guy, roman=greek, but your the 1st here to bring this up.do you know the diffence in their sculputres "yeah spelled that wrong""

lost me

#47 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11265 posts) - - Show Bio

i know that romans borrowed off the greeks like

#48 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

I find a lot but it completes and interesting the GREEK MYTHOLOGY

#49 Posted by Hagane Enna (7450 posts) - - Show Bio

GambitO says:

"I find a lot but it completes and interesting the GREEK MYTHOLOGY"

To quote the caveman on one of the Geico commercials: uhh....what?!

Post Edited:2007-08-15 14:28:01

#50 Posted by GambitO (980 posts) - - Show Bio

of a woman I allow this way myself to say what is