#1 Edited by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

Who wins here

arm wrestle

#2 Posted by SilverSentry (2481 posts) - - Show Bio

Which Superman is this ? 

Either way I will Go ahead and say Atlas .

#3 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio

mainstream superman

#4 Edited by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Well since the titans where beaten by Zeus and his brothers it goes by logic that  if Superman can beat Zeus or any of his brothers he could beat Atlas. If your using ancient  original form of Atlas he was supposed to be both easily tricked and not very fast. Both of which would mean supes has a large advantage on him. I would say superman wins  preety much 100% of the time due to range fo abilties and huge speed difference.

#5 Posted by "Colossus" (4111 posts) - - Show Bio
@lazystudent said:
" Well since the titans where beaten by Zeus adn his brothers it goes by logic that  if Superman can beat Zeus or any of his brothers he could beat Atlas. If your using ancient  original form of Atlas he was supposed to be both easily tricked and not very fast. Both of which would mean supes has a large advantage on him. I would say superman wins  preety much 100% of the time due to range fo abilties and huge speed difference. "
this was meant to be an armwrestle
#6 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio
@"Colossus": Hmm did see that text before i posted you just add it or i miss it? 

still think some of the points are correct supes could just tap the table with foot and Atlas being quite stupid would lose his atention allowing easy win for supes also his lightspeed reactions would mean while he is technically not as strong he would be way to fast for atlas to counter his momentum.
#7 Posted by progenitor (7551 posts) - - Show Bio

First off, Superman wouldn't have a hope in hell of beating the Pantheon of Olympians, but i'll give this arm wrestling match to him, because being as huge as Atlas is, Atlas would only be able to use a finger, and Superman could probably out-strength one finger, barely.

#8 Posted by Freefa11 (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, how is this supposed to work? Atlas's arms are probably hundreds of times bigger than Supes' whole body.

#9 Posted by Sherlock (7277 posts) - - Show Bio

This really doesnt seem fair

#10 Posted by Undergroundgod (2924 posts) - - Show Bio
@progenitor said:
"

First off, Superman wouldn't have a hope in hell of beating the Pantheon of Olympians, but i'll give this arm wrestling match to him, because being as huge as Atlas is, Atlas would only be able to use a finger, and Superman could probably out-strength one finger, barely.

"

No in Greek Myth the Titians were the same size as the Gods most of the time... Which only changed when they wanted. They were shape/size changers.  I think you are still on the GOW mind set... When Herc took the sky from Atlas they were equal in size, in the texts. The Gods/Titians only grew in size when their Rage increased. At least for the Some of The Titians, and Zues, and Poseidon... I know for sure, could and did change in shape and size. Zues had sex with a chick in the form of a Bull for crying out loud, the Greek's were F'd up.
#11 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the same Atlas and Superman as discussed but...  

Oh and Myth Atlas wins in an arm wrestle. He constantly lifts the Earth. Modern age Supes can lift at most half the Earth's weight (I think)..  No holds barred, Superman wins....
#12 Posted by Freefa11 (2420 posts) - - Show Bio

Mythology Atlas actually holds the sky, not the earth. The greeks viewed the sky as some sort of solid object. Atlas holding the earth is a (much) later interpretation, from what I can tell.

For that matter, what does "lifting the earth" even mean? Lift it from what? It's already floating out in space, not lying on a giant table or something.

#13 Posted by MisterGuyMan (2044 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas lifted the sky and the Ancient Greeks did not believe in the world we know to exist today.  The world was much much smaller to them.

#14 Posted by Fortanono (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas.

#15 Edited by rankomarinkovic (87 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman is God............ strength make you god if Hercules is not strong he would t be a God or Atlas,Samson Strength make you God.

#16 Posted by patrat18 (10359 posts) - - Show Bio

Supes.

#17 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (18965 posts) - - Show Bio

Holding up the universe>>anything superman did.

and Myth atlas fought against Gods, superman can't even fight the writer.

#18 Posted by koshi_waza88 (1888 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas in mythology was while not the most powerful was physically the strongest followed by herculies ... zues power that makes him the most feared has always been his lighting without it the other gods would habe probably overthrown him espeshaly since he is a cheating manwhore

#19 Edited by ShootingNova (18428 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1 said:

Actually, this is a bit incorrect. Holding up the Celestial Sphere is different from holding up the universe, since he was holding up Ouranos (the Sky or Heavens). Not to mention that the universe is sometimes interchangeable with the world in Greek mythology.

And yes, it was the Celestial Sphere and not the Earth that he was holding on his back. This is a common misconception.

And this is a red herring. None of the Gods at the time of the Titanomachy possessed omnipotent powers to manipulate reality to the point of simply controlling the Titans, which was why they had a war in the first place.

#20 Posted by Cable_Extreme (9641 posts) - - Show Bio

Probably Atlas.

#21 Edited by Jmarshmallow (9140 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Edited by imabeast7 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

@_colossus_:

all real fans know that superman isn't very strong in regards to the universe. supes has even admitted to having trouble with foes who are brute strength. Shazam-strength of atlas- can beat supes. superman loses while atlas watches everyone loves Raymond.

#23 Edited by i_like_swords (16069 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas

#24 Posted by leonkarlen123 (4773 posts) - - Show Bio

Atlas because he can carry earth for eternity while Superman carried it for 5 days

#25 Edited by DwightSpitz (567 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, the other dude has to hold up the whole earth with his hands lol how is he going to arm-wrestle in the meantime? don't disregard the pagan mythology if you want to paint up the scenario.