Greek Gods vs Norse Gods vs Chinese Gods

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Vortex13
@"Colossus" said:
" @erik said:

" @"Colossus" said:

" @erik said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" but if this was all earths pantheons the egyptions win in a curbstomp becuase there head god (Raa) is actually atum the god eater :) "
So is Cronus. That did not save him.  "
no. atum is far above all earth gods in power............. "
Proof? "
he's the god eater. thats the reason he was created to be more powerful than every god. and dont forget he killed almost all the elder gods. and had people on vishanti's level shitting there pants "
This isn't comics.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Vortex13
@AtPhantom said:
" @Vortex13 said:
" There are many deities or god's like that however, in Norse mythology Thor was challenged to many thing in a particular myth. He had to out drink a giant and wrestle with one and win I don't remember the other challenges right now, but the old lady he fought and lost to was old age which no one can defeat. "
Which is what I said. "
Yeah, sorry I guess it was somewhat redundant for me to say that.
FLCL1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53  Edited By FLCL1

greek gods duh
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By Baldy
@Vortex13 said:
" There are many deities or god's like that however, in Norse mythology Thor was challenged to many thing in a particular myth. He had to out drink a giant and wrestle with one and win I don't remember the other challenges right now, but the old lady he fought and lost to was old age which no one can defeat. "
Yeah that was when he was tricked by Utgarda-Loki (A giant not the god, different dude).

One of my favorite myths, though it does demonstrate how flawed Thor was.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Baldy
@AtPhantom said:
" @Vortex13:@AtPhantom said:
" @"Colossus" said:
" @Vortex13 said:
" @"Colossus": Who? "
a user on here who claimed he studied mythology informed me of that but ive forgotten the name. ill try to get it on google "
Moros. Embodiment of fate and doom. Though to be honest, every mythology has some entity at that level. "
"
I see what you mean now. This guy isn't a supreme diety the likes of which Zeus has to pay respect or anything to, he's just inevitable and for that reason he can't be defeated by anyone.
nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By nickj54

The Christian God stomps all of them by himself 
He's omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, and infinite
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Vortex13
@nickj54: Jehovah is not in this battle.
nickj54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By nickj54
@Vortex13:
he still stomps all of them
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@nickj54 said:

"
The Christian God stomps all of them by himself 
He's omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, eternal, and infinite
"

And not included in the debate. 

Referring to Thor's contest, Thor was up against abstract concepts and real-world things and mythological counterparts. He tried to drink the ocean, beat old age, consume faster than fire, and lift the world serpent. He did contend for a while, but it was taken for granted that each of those were unbeatable from the start.

Moros is not a deity in the sense that Zeus is a deity. Moros is the embodiment of an abstract concept; Zeus is an actual god that rules over certain realms. Zeus also can't "beat" the Fates or Nyx.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Vortex13
@nickj54: It's also irrelevant, seeing as he isn't in this battle so there wasn't a real reason to include him.
Grand Ninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Grand Ninja

chinese don't have a god. budah was the enlightened one, but was no god.

Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Vortex13
@Grand Ninja: In ancient times there were many different sects of religion in china, all of which had many gods. Also not all Chinese people are Buddhist.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Baldy
@Grand Ninja said:
" chinese don't have a god. budah was the enlightened one, but was no god. "
So I take it you never did social stuides....
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Vortex13
@Baldy said:
" @Grand Ninja said:
" chinese don't have a god. budah was the enlightened one, but was no god. "
So I take it you never did social stuides.... "
LMMFAO
chunjacktao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By chunjacktao

RuLai Buddha curbstomps the greek and the norse by himself.  The guy was omnipotent. 

progenitorigin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By progenitorigin

Greek gods would win.  As mentioned above, in actual mythology, Norse gods weren't as powerful as they were made to be in comics--hell, at one point in the Norse mythology, Thor gets pissed off at a giant and wailed on his head with the mighty Mjolnir.  The giant woke up the next morning and asked if an acorn had fallen on his head.  Thor also ends up dying in the actual mythology.  As for Chinese mythology, while actually pretty awesome, their power was interpreted in different and complex ways, not so much for an ultimate battle. 

Greek gods, on the other hand, basically toyed and manipulated the realm of men and Homer himself told a quote which basically said no man in his right mind would ever battle a god unless he wanted to die.  So, my money would be on the Greek gods.  Helios & Poseidon ftw.
D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By D3athstroke

Norese God Where Weaklings. Odin Was unable To lift up Big Tree.
Zeus Can Solo this

Achilles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Achilles.

greek

A_Nonny_Moose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By A_Nonny_Moose

Greek gods because the Norse Gods aren't exactly immortal but the Greek Gods cannot die.

alexl86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By alexl86
@progenitor said:
" Greek gods would win.  As mentioned above, in actual mythology, Norse gods weren't as powerful as they were made to be in comics--hell, at one point in the Norse mythology, Thor gets pissed off at a giant and wailed on his head with the mighty Mjolnir.  The giant woke up the next morning and asked if an acorn had fallen on his head.  Thor also ends up dying in the actual mythology.  As for Chinese mythology, while actually pretty awesome, their power was interpreted in different and complex ways, not so much for an ultimate battle.  Greek gods, on the other hand, basically toyed and manipulated the realm of men and Homer himself told a quote which basically said no man in his right mind would ever battle a god unless he wanted to die.  So, my money would be on the Greek gods.  Helios & Poseidon ftw. "
Thor ends up dying while fighting Jormungandr during Ragnarok, the end of the world. He actually kills the serpent. The example you bring up, the giant Skrymir was an illusion by Utgarda-Loki, who later told Thor he would've easily killed him had he hit(but since it was an illusion, he only hit a mountain(according to some accounts at least), which moved because of the impact).
xD34DP001x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By xD34DP001x

1.Greek 
2.Norse
1,000,000 Screw chinese gods!

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#72  Edited By Mercy_

Greek. 

stoneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By stoneo

The Greek gods would have so many ways to beat the other gods. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#74  Edited By Magian

Greek Gods.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Crom-Cruach

The OP's question  is so unclear it's impossible to even know which of which we are actually talking about.

In broad lines:
In Mythology the Greek gods would stomp the Aesir
And the Chinese Gods would depend on who against who. As the power level of various gods in the various cultures of China can really differ.

blackadam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By blackadam
@Crom-Cruach said:
"The OP's question  is so unclear it's impossible to even know which of which we are actually talking about.  In broad lines: In Mythology the Greek gods would stomp the Aesir And the Chinese Gods would depend on who against who. As the power level of various gods in the various cultures of China can really differ. "

this
Avatar image for captain_vietnam
Captain_Vietnam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Captain_Vietnam

Based on the infamous and power levels I would say this (for Marvel and DC), not about the gods from outer space as Thanos or Spectre:

Akhenaten (HOTU)> Thor (King Thor, Rune King Thor)> Odin> Herculer (Chaos War)> Chaos King> Zeus (Marvel & DC)> Shazam (DOV)> Ares (God Wave DC)> Black Adam> Wonder Woman > Aquaman.

The gods of China, India (eg: Yu-Huang, Vishnu) is not popular or too small feats, Japan or Asian has only one representative is Amatsu-Mikaboshi

Funsiized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captain_vietnam: So not only did you bump a three year old thread, but proceeded to answer it incorrectly. Bravo.

Avatar image for iheartzombies92--defunct
IheartZombies92--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Define "Norse Gods".

If we're talking about Germanic gods and goddesses in general, there are over 50 easily. Unless you mention a specific period of time, the amount of combatants in this fight is way over 200.

That being said, Zeus is a force to be reckoned with.

DeathandGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wukong considered a god?

He'd solo

brainstorm01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

who is most powerful god in any mythology

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chinese gods stalemate Greek and Norse dies horribly.

The only version of Zeus that would be omnipotent is Orphic I think so he would stalemate. There are other deities like primordial that would put up a fight but other than that their nothing really.

Laughingstock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Laughingstock

Could Biblical ones be added? I mean there is a few from the Bible that could take this fight.

But currently Greek Gods win

EDIT: Yeah I just looked up a list of Chinese Gods, they stomp this from pure numbers. Even if the Greek Gods and Norse teamed up they would still outnumber them. And they still have just as much power as the other gods.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Greek > Norse > Chinese (comicwise)

Greeks always have 3 skyfathers (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades) or maybe more (4 if you count a non Simone Ares)

Norse have Odin

Not very familiar with Chinese comic book pantheons, but if I remember correctly they were taken out pretty easy by Cronus and his Titans in pre Flashpoint Wonder Woman (although the whole storyline was really bad)

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Jmarshmallow

I think Chinese mythology is the only one with a completely omnipotent god, whereas every other pantheon can be toppled with enough force.

For me, it goes Chinese > Greek > Norse.

But personally, I think Egyptian gods could take all of them. Those guys are straight up BAMFS.

Jmarshmallow

scepta101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After consideration, re-consideration, studying, and much self debate... Ok i'll explain. Ymir of Norse Mythology was killed and his body turned into, like, several realms/planets. The Aesir and Vanir of Norse Mythology, assuming they would get along for this battle, would work well together actually. What i know of Norse Mythology, i'd say they would do really well considering the size of Ymir and Jormungandr, the invulnerability of Baldr, the might of Thor, and several other factors... Yeah they would do quite well. However, the Greek Olympians have the Titans and Primordial gods with them so... But then again the Chinese have a large anount of gods and Sun Wukong, Guan Yu, the Jade Emperor are no exceptions in showing there power. I believe it would come down to the most powerful gods in each. The way i see it, it would come down to Pan Gu, the Jade Emperor, and Sun Wukong of Chinese vs Fenrir, Jormungandr, and Baldr of Norse vs Chaos, Nyx, and Tartarus of Greek. Eventually someone would discover Baldr's weakness to misteltoe and Norse would be weakened. I dont believe even Fenrir and Jormungandr would be enough for the other sides after that point. But then Sun Wukong has his rod that could become big enough for him to successfully use against Jormungandr and defeat him. In rage Fenrir eats Sun Wukong. Nyx and Tartarus come in and battle Jade Emperor and Fenrir fiercely, managing to destroy them. Finally, Pan Gu kills Nyx and Tartarus and then Chaos and Pan Gu are locked in an eternal battle, since they are both technically unable to die. The reason i say Norse dies off is that they have no characters that created the universe. Ymir comes close to that, but would likely due off to Sun Wukong's size-changing staff quite early. Also, not even Odin could stand up to the sheer numbers of opposing gods. The Greek Olympians, although impressive, are weak compared to the more powerful Chinese gods. Anyway, it comes down to the infinite powers of Pan Gu and Chaos. That is why i say Greek and Chinese would technically tie.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People who knows very little about chinese mythology or gods should search up

Pangu, Fuxi and Nuwa

Jus to give you a quick recap, Pangu became the universe or cosmos what ever you call it, Fu Xi and Nuwa invented many important human inventions and created humans, Nu was repaired heaven when it was brocken (or the sky what ever is right for you) in other words she repaired the universe. All beings are omnipotent.

A unimportant water beast named Gong Gong got sad of losing a fight to the god of fire and smashed his head on the mountain which happened to be a pillar holding up heaven, Nuwa tried to restore it not completely so the whole universe tilted from one head butt, this also tilted earth which caused many floods. This beast is at least comparable to Typhoon in power.

The Dao is impossible to beat soo, it just forever stalemates infinity (it is infinite) it transcends everything and is uncomprehendable to humans. Everything came from it and everything contains it.

Gizmorino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#88  Edited By Gizmorino

Norse gods, Odin's father burr and his brothers killed ymir his head is the earth, that should GI e enough clue about how powerful they are, Loki is a tricky bastard so is Hermes but I vote Loki over him, Odin vs Zeus? Mythologically Odin should win with his eye and superior intelligence Zeus has lightning but Odin has gungnir.

AllenZXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will after reading up on Chinese myths I say Chinese God win cause if you think about in myth term not comics Zeus need people to make his lighting Bolt hell the Cyclopes made Zeus weapon as well as Hades helmet and Poseidon trident and am not sure if any Greek god are true omnipotent due to the fact each of the Major gods in Greek were at least beaten once or tricked and as for Norse again the myth one not comic are not as bad ass like I though they were. Like Baldr's weakness to mistletoe Bit shocked about that one my self. Of all the hero in of the three myths Sun Wukong is pretty much the most op HERO (not god unless he did become god at the end of his story bit fuzzy on that part) Sun Wukong being a trickster could fool half the gods in Greek or Norse.

any way that my opinion sorry for any spelling mistake if I made any.

Avatar image for echostarlord117
echostarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ancient Chinese deities are weird and lame. I wanna say Greek Gods simply because there're more of 'em.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By ShootingNova

There's plenty of gods in every pantheon, but there's absolutely no way the Norse win. Not saying that they'd get stomped, though.

There's declared omnipotents in every pantheon as well, so it's probably a stalemate. Disregarding that, the Greeks are likely to win. And there's no way the Olympians are "weak" in comparison to anything here save for supreme deities (and even then, Zeus counts among them).

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By TryingToChill

@echostarlord117 said:

Ancient Chinese deities are weird and lame. I wanna say Greek Gods simply because there're more of 'em.

They are weird. They might be lame. They are not weak. They have omnipotents. Even Zeus isn't omnipotent. Whether there are more of them is debatable. China has had way too many religions.

TryingToChill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allenzxa said:

Will after reading up on Chinese myths I say Chinese God win cause if you think about in myth term not comics Zeus need people to make his lighting Bolt hell the Cyclopes made Zeus weapon as well as Hades helmet and Poseidon trident and am not sure if any Greek god are true omnipotent due to the fact each of the Major gods in Greek were at least beaten once or tricked and as for Norse again the myth one not comic are not as bad ass like I though they were. Like Baldr's weakness to mistletoe Bit shocked about that one my self. Of all the hero in of the three myths Sun Wukong is pretty much the most op HERO (not god unless he did become god at the end of his story bit fuzzy on that part) Sun Wukong being a trickster could fool half the gods in Greek or Norse.

any way that my opinion sorry for any spelling mistake if I made any.

Wukong is nowhere close to being the most op hero. He is a god by the way, though no one really worshiped him because he originated in some ancient bestseller book that eventually became a myth somewhere along the line.

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By JoseLoayza

Tao>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>all omni

KingZod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surprised Wukong was mentioned so late in the thread. He along with the the overwhelming numbers of the Chinese pantheon take it

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46927fc5463
deactivated-5a46927fc5463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greeks.

JoseLoayza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greek Gods.

lestrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Greek gods because i'm greek and a tad biased.