#1 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off, bloodlust on.

Most powerful incarnations of both sides. Any incarnation of zeus except orphic Zeus.

No prep.

Battle takes place on Apokolips.

Battle ends in the destruction of Apokolips or KO.

Who wins?

#2 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Thoughts?

#3 Posted by RobocopSlayerT800 (2341 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn said:

Thoughts?

So you made this thread just to call out peep? LOL OOOKAY!

I'm going with the greek god Zeus.

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

The greek gods would stomp.

#5 Posted by ShootingNova (19044 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, team 1 does stomp. If by most powerful minus Orphic you are referring to Pelasgian, then certainly.

#6 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20257 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek Gods.

#7 Posted by JediXMan (31305 posts) - - Show Bio

@ShootingNova said:

Yeah, team 1 does stomp. If by most powerful minus Orphic you are referring to Pelasgian, then certainly.

Wasn't the most powerful version of Darkseid merged with the Source or something like that? I never read Countdown, but still. How would he do against Zeus?

#8 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

How would he do against Zeus?

Mythological Zeus was so powerful no god or titan could defeat him even his entire pantheon united against him, he birthed new star systems simply by picking up mortals and flinging them in the sky, he had absolute authority over time and fate, was capable of dictating the ways of the cosmos

#9 Posted by JediXMan (31305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@JediXMan said:

How would he do against Zeus?

Mythological Zeus was so powerful no god or titan could defeat him even his entire pantheon united against him, he birthed new star systems simply by picking up mortals and flinging them in the sky, he had absolute authority over time and fate, was capable of dictating the ways of the cosmos

What did Darkseid (Soulfire? That it?) do? I'm not arguing anything, because I know nothing about this version of Darkseid, but...

#10 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

What did Darkseid (Soulfire? That it?) do? I'm not arguing anything, because I know nothing about this version of Darkseid, but...

If I recall correctly (been a very long time, someone more knowledgeable please correct me if I am wrong) he invaded DC Olympus (ironic given the current match up) and was only stopped when Highfather, Zeus, Orion and Apollo fused into WW to give her the power to stop him.

However, none of the DC versions of the Olympian pantheon come close to the power of their mythological versions

#11 Posted by JediXMan (31305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach:

Really? Huh. So Darkseid was essentially "super skyfather," but not a whole lot more.

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that he was reaching near-omnipotence or something along those lines.

#12 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8869 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

I don't know why, but I was under the impression that he was reaching near-omnipotence or something along those lines.

His strongest version was final crisis where he grabbed the anti-life equation and was so powerful he blinked entire dimensions out of existence with a though. Darkseid was only stopped because batman shot him with a god-killer weapon (pretty lazy writing imho thought). Mind you even that is not on par with mythological Zeus.

Honestly, most comics completely give the shaft to mythological gods.

#13 Posted by WorldBreakerHulk616 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek Gods, crubstomp this match.

#14 Posted by MasterJohn (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

If I remember, Orphic Zeus is the most powerful, swalllowed up an entire universe and is omnipotent. I know he would stomp all of D.C. or almost all of it. But I am interested in what Ares would contribute to this battle.

#15 Posted by JediXMan (31305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach said:

@JediXMan said:

His strongest version was final crisis where he grabbed the anti-life equation and was so powerful he blinked entire dimensions out of existence with a though. Darkseid was only stopped because batman shot him with a god-killer weapon (pretty lazy writing imho thought). Mind you even that is not on par with mythological Zeus.

Ya know, I actually liked most of Final Crisis. I honestly believe that if it was 10-12 issues long, it would have been amazing. Grant Morrison does his best work in the long run. It wasn't until the last issue that I got pissed off (the "Wish Machine," and the people being turned into ice cubes being stored in a fridge... yeah, that issue lost me).

But I will still say that this scene, right here, is one of the most epic scenes in comics

(shame the next issue didn't live up to the hype, but still).

#16 Edited by Freefa11 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

He temporarily bound the Source. He also fought Orion (who was somehow sharing Darkseid's amp, so they evened out) and apparently retreated (off panel). The Source's only feat was fighting Darkseid and killing some of the New Gods. It was apparently well above the Anti-Life Equation, but that's about it. Otherwise, it's hard to tell the Source's power in that story (Death of the New Gods) because Starlin was completely flipping the established mythology of what the Source was supposed to be on its head. Because of that, it is hard to tell where Soulfire Darkseid should rank in terms of cosmic abstracts. It tends to be assumed that he was a universal power though. We do at least know that half of the Source Darkseid fought was actually the Anti-Life Entity from Cosmic Odyssey, so if he was amped up to being a match for that thing, Universal Power isn't too hard to swallow.

@Crom-Cruach said:

I don't recalling him ever blinking out any dimensions. His version of the ALE also wasn't even as good as Orion's or Mr. Miracle's. I don't think Batman can be considered solely responsible for his failure either. Keep in mind, the entire setup to Final Crisis is that Darkseid is already dying; he was fatally injured in a previous battle with Orion, and was dragging the universe/multiverse into oblivion with him. Kalibak has also been shot with radion in the past, and he survived just fine, so I'm not sure why DS would be so much more vulnerable (I mean, if we assume he was healthy before that). He also got hit with his own Omega Beams and the Black Racer. And it was ultimately Superman who killed him through the power of song. Or something.

@MasterJohn said:

But I am interested in what Ares would contribute to this battle.

Which version of Ares? I can tell you, even Marvel Ares could probably take Glorious Godfrey, Amazing Grace, and Desaad together (though you might need to plug his ears so he can't hear them), and you might be able to throw Kanto, Bedlam, or Granny in there. DC Ares, from what I've heard anyway, could probably solo everyone except Darkseid. I do know DC Ares took out Highfather, which should put him above everyone but DS already.

Steppenwolf is a little tricky to gauge, because I really only know of two good fights with him, one where he beat up Bart Allen, and another where he was embarrassed by Superman. Sort of hard to tell which is more accurate.

Of course, if we're actually using the strongest version of Darkseid, then he is so far above all his other subordinates combined there's really no reason to include them (actually, even regular Darkseid is so far above most of these guys there's no reason to include them; the only one even remotely close in physical power is Kalibak, and even that's a pretty big gap. Though again, Steppenwolf is a bit of a question mark to me).

#17 Posted by ShootingNova (19044 posts) - - Show Bio

@MasterJohn: Ares is one the weakest of the Greek Pantheon. I highly doubt he will be of much use. And Orphic Zeus didn't swallow a universe, but that's off-topic anyways.

@JediXMan: Virtually all incarnations of mythical Zeus have been attested to be omnipotent, in fact, the weakest one as well. However, he is not omnipotent (except for Orphic, who we are not using). The OP's description is still rather vague, but I think he might be referring to Pelasgian Zeus. Unless he is making references to Marvel Zeus, who dies.

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (19044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: It actually kind of depends of who the OP is referring to. I personally see him referring to Pelasgian Zeus, who is laughably more powerful than Homer's Zeus, and it was Homer's Zeus/Hesiod's Zeus (who is the weakest incarnation) that achieved those feats or had those power levels.

#19 Posted by NeonGameWave (9074 posts) - - Show Bio

Greek Gods with ease.