• 70 results
#1 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would they miss the most?

Round 1 Comics

Rond 2 Films

#2 Posted by heymanjack (716 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine Cyclops storm

#3 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@heymanjack: thats 3 and you didn't specify which category, try again..

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1 Hope Summers, Round 2 Hugh Jackman

#5 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
Comics: Wolverine. He needs to die and stay dead. His spirit would live on through X-23. Films: Wolverine again. The only reason his Origins was made because of his popularity risen from the first X-Men movie. He's actually quite annoying.
#6 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: so you think he should stay because he can't die and is popular as a pose to a unique skill set he can provide?@BringnIt: Don't you think seeing as they started off without her they could probably continue without her?

#7 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: so you think he should stay because he can't die and is popular as a pose to a unique skill set he can provide?@BringnIt: Don't you think seeing as they started off without her they could probably continue without her?

He can die, it's just difficult to kill him permanently with his healing factor and all. But they'd miss him if he did die. Comics have the issue of bringing characters back to life after brief periods, though. I hate Wolverine.
#8 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I think they could function without him, as all he seems to bring to the team is his strength and semi invinciblity, both of which can kind of be replicated by colossus

#9 Posted by The_Mayhem_Theory (1060 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Thunderer said:

@The_Mayhem_Theory: I think they could function without him, as all he seems to bring to the team is his strength and semi invinciblity, both of which can kind of be replicated by colossus

Wolverine doesn't have superhuman strength, unless you count his ability to lift heavy objects under the stress of the adamantium skeleton; and even then, it's not much. So Colossus is way, way, way above that, especially with his Cyttorak empowerment. But yeah, they could function without Wolverine. X-23 is doing a great job, anyway.
#10 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer They would miss Hope the most because of her theorized potential to jump start he mutant race again. After House of M, no mutant is more pivotal.

#11 Edited by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

Prof X (he kinda made the whole team himself)

#12 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@BringnIt: ah cool.. if you watch xmen 3 you can see that they have managed to function ok without the professor..

#13 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: This was an application for the comic round.

And how well would they have functioned had Prof X never made the team (answer= not well)

#14 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: i think you misunderstand the thread, its not who is the best to start it, but onc it was formed, who was irreplacable?

#15 Edited by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: Still prof X.

Plus the OP didn't specify, so don't blame me for your inability to make usable OPs

#16 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

Round 1. Professor X

Round 2. even though the x men lost the professor they did well without him, so I'll have to say storm or kitty pride.

#17 Posted by VercingetorixTheGreat (2823 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X

#18 Posted by GrandSymbiote94 (11659 posts) - - Show Bio
If we're talking about current times, I disagree on the professor X. Right now the mutants don't really need him and Cyclops seems to be running the show. So right now I say: 

Comics: Cyclops and/or Wolverine.  Cyclops is trying to save mutant kind and prevent extinction. Wolverine on the other hand has been trying to teach children not too be cold blooded murderers and be true heroes.

Movies: Wolverine and Storm.  Wolverine and Storm are the only ones that the kids looked up too after the professor died. They have trained all of them and became sort of like parent figures. (I know it sounds stupid because of Wolverine. But hey he cares for them and they care for him too.)
#19 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: KITTY PRIDE?!!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!

#20 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@Rainy: KITTY PRIDE?!!!!!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT?!!!!

Movie version is just a girl if she dies everybody would feel like shit since she was so young and innocent.

#21 Posted by LyelLoganNikoLuisKallarkSBSNC (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine for Both Round IMO :)

#22 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: I would have felt happy if she died, but that's just me

#23 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@Rainy: I would have felt happy if she died, but that's just me

Cause she insulted the Juggernaut?

#24 Edited by Super_SoldierXII (6360 posts) - - Show Bio

Professor X is not that pivotal anymore. He's come and gone many times throughout the X-Men's history and they got along just fine, principally because of Mr. Scott Summers.

If we're talking ALL TIME most pivotal X-Man, then yes, perhaps Xavier is our guy. He started it after all.

If we're going with most recent; Cyclops, Wolverine & Hope are the top ringers.

Wolverine because he's now running the only school for mutants. He is also an integral part of the Avengers and therefore in a position to bring a more 'heroic' light on mutants (say what you want about him, he tries to embody honor and integrity - however misguided at times).

Cyclops because of his leadership and commitment. Period.

Hope because she's the best chance the mutants have at a better tomorrow (apparently).

#25 Posted by God_Spawn (37898 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics: Cyclops

Movies: Wolverine.

#26 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

No mention of Storm or Colossus, have they got replacements or are they just unnecessary?

#27 Edited by Namtomex (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Who would they miss the most?

Wolverine for 1 and 2, he is the best and coolest and most popular

#28 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@Namtomex: @Rainy: I'll just add I kinda meant miss in terms of leave a big gap in the team e.g. if their only psycic left, it could cost them, not as in who is the most popular

#29 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer said:

@Namtomex: @Rainy: I'll just add I kinda meant miss in terms of leave a big gap in the team e.g. if their only psycic left, it could cost them, not as in who is the most popular

It would be scott and wolverine.

#30 Posted by stormphoenix (934 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if cyke,wolvie,and storm are gone then who would lead the x-men?

#31 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix said:

Well if cyke,wolvie,and storm are gone then who would lead the x-men?

Beast,Magneto,Mystique,ect,

#32 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormphoenix: Beast, Hope, Colossus, Ice man, Angel

#33 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: No, because I know that I will never have her

#34 Edited by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mayhem_Theory: Laura is actually soooo much different that wolvy although I would LOVE to see her take his spot ^_^

#35 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@FourthDeity: I wouldn't

#36 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: chill out

#37 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Thunderer: I can't help how hot I am

#38 Posted by yodagod (2285 posts) - - Show Bio

Easily Magneto. They wouldn't have the experience, dedication, and discipline had he not been such a dangerous enemy so early, and for so long. On the other side, when he's on the team he's invaluable. His power has saved them many times, his leadership is second to none... Without him on one side or the other, the'd be lost.

#39 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@Rainy: No, because I know that I will never have her

Psssh you deserve better ;D

#40 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

Comics - Hard to say. I think the X-Men who have added the most value and influence is Xavier, Wolverine, Storm & Cyclops. I also think Magneto deserves a mention.

Movies - Storm, Wolverine & Magneto

#41 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio
@yodagod
that is a really good one, didn't thnk of him...
#42 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: Can I have you

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

#43 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: shut up and get off my threads.

#44 Posted by ozeol (507 posts) - - Show Bio

All members of the Extinction team

#45 Posted by Rainy (1222 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller said:

@Rainy: Can I have you

PLEEEEEEEEEEEASE?

If I was female maybe.

#46 Posted by notquitevarsity (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine easy. Now he's even the leader of the first x men nonsense.

#47 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

@Rainy: How do you know that I am not female?

And you have no choice, soon you must sleep....

#48 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@ozeol: sorry who?

#49 Posted by troller (911 posts) - - Show Bio

:

All members of the Extinction team

That is what he said in case you missed it.

You can thank me later

#50 Posted by The_Thunderer (2894 posts) - - Show Bio

@troller: perhaps if you look closely i said "who", the answer to which would be the members of the extinction team, whereas you have either misread or are stupid and so answered my question (which was never for you) as though I had mis heard what ozeol had said.