Graviton
Graviton

RULES:

• Graviton gets 12 minutes prep-time
  • Magneto gets 12 minutes prep-time as well
  • Both are at there full power
  • Morals on
  • This is not the hero Magneto, this Magneto's a villain
  • Magneto may call upon any of his following three children to help him win (Polaris, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch)
  • Graviton may call upon any of the following three Masters of Evil (Baron Zemo, Abomination, The Shocker)
  • Battle takes place at the Avengers Mansion, Avengers are not there to interfere with the battle but Nick Fury and Rick Jones are
  • Rick Jones does not have any Kree powers (I'm still not sure about that Kree thingy) or A-Bomb powers
Avatar image for texasdeathmatch
texasdeathmatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By texasdeathmatch

Heh...12 minutes of prep.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jeanroygrant

Graviton stomps hard.

Avatar image for fortified_hooligan
Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Graviton in a spite. gravity is way more powerful than magnetism." That is as wrong as you can get. One of the major hurdles to incorporating gravity into the standard model of physics is how minescule and weak gravity is in proportion to the other forces of nature, the strong and weak nuclear forces, and electromagnetism. to express their relationship requires a number with something like 48 decimal places before you get to the first number, in favor of electromagnetism. To express that in terms of another relationship, gravity would be the "size" of a proton, and electromagnetism would be the "size" of the visible universe. Gravity's influence is negligible, and actually isn't taken into account in particle physics, a realm dominated by the other forces of physics.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Magethor

I don't understand how Graviton wins this. It's impossible without PIS/CIS.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By czarny_samael666

What does it matter what is stonger? It matters how good they can use it. Graviton was able to stop Mjolnir and hold Iron Man, Thor and Wonder Man in the same time, until Magneto can say the same about himself, then he loses.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No it is not. If gravity were even AS strong as electromagnetism chemical bonds wouldn't be able to form. What holds your body together, what keeps you from sinking through the ground, what causes chemical bonds is all electromagnetism. I wasn't kidding when i said the comparison is equivalent with comparing a single proton to the visible universe. There is a huge, GIGANTIC difference in the comparitive strength of electromagnetism and gravity. This is no spin. Look it up. Watch some physicists on youtube giving lectures about gravity. If one thing were a hundred times weaker than something else, then you would express that ratio as .01. The difference between electrogmagnetism and gravity has 42 to 48 zeros before you hit the first digit, i forget the exact number. But the difference is TITANIC. as large as anything you can imagine, and it is resolutely in favor of electromagnetism. That doesn't mean that magneto wins, because we are talking about comics, but you are completely, resoundingly wrong about gravity being a stronger force than electromagnetism. This is not a matter of debate.

Fortified_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gravity "keeps the world in check" by keeping us in orbit around the sun. It's electromagnetism whic provides the repulsive force that keeps the planet from being "squashed". The Pauli Exlusion principle is what keeps electons, and thus atoms from being in the same place, or squished on top of eachother. Electrons repel eachother electrically and that is the force of electromagnetism. Electromagnetism is also the force which causes atoms to share electrons in valence bonds. These bonds are what we normally call chemical interactions, and therefore it is electromagnetism which is directly responsible for life, while gravity provided the stage to build on.

TERMINATORXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TERMINATORXX

I'll go with Magneto here.

Good fight though.

_Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Black

Gravity, as a fundamental force, is not that strong.

Avatar image for henryarguelles5
henryarguelles5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By henryarguelles5

Of the 4 fundamental forces, gravity is a constant. Particle physics doesn't include gravity because...quite simply, there's no particle attached to gravity. The graviton (source of one of combatants' name) has been theorized but never discovered. Still, Graviton is an idiot, and Magneto is a master of his powers, and when written correctly, has shown mastery of all aspects of electromagnetism. Magneto wins this, pretty easily too.

JDiZzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JDiZzle

Magneto no contest

sandiego008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sandiego008

@czarny_samael666 said:

What does it matter what is stonger? It matters how good they can use it. Graviton was able to stop Mjolnir and hold Iron Man, Thor and Wonder Man in the same time, until Magneto can say the same about himself, then he loses.

this

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By gunmetalgrey

Magneto at full power and back to his skewed moral standing? He opens a wormhole in Graviton's brain. Game over.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SirMethos

It's a toss-up.

Both of them are fully capable of doing a 1-hit kill on the other, so it's simply a matter of who makes the first move. Whoever does, wins.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Magethor

Finally. People coming to their senses.

Avatar image for vercingetorixthegreat
VercingetorixTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going to go with Graviton though electro-magnetism is stronger then gravity

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Magethor

Magneto can do everything that Graviton can do, but it's not the same the other way around.

cliffrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By cliffrice

@czarny_samael666 said:

Magneto did stop Mjolnir.

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By Killemall

@cliffrice said:

So did Loki, Radioactive Man, Lavaman and Thanos. The point was not being able to stop Mjolnir but being able to fight and beat 3 powerhouse at the same time. Pre 2005 Graviton has good feats and if you were like me (about 6 months ago) and read comics only post 2005 then well Graviton doesnt look half as powerful, he was almost killed by Iron Man (thanks to Captain american stopping him), and hasnt beaten anyone after 2005, the only person he mange to kill was well himself which i am sure doesnt count.

But before this, and since its full power i would assume we are talking about him during his peak, he's fought entire avengers squad of about 6 people all on his own and done rather well.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@SirMethos said:

It's a toss-up.

Both of them are fully capable of doing a 1-hit kill on the other, so it's simply a matter of who makes the first move. Whoever does, wins.

Well, that is true. But, they are both in-character, and I would consider villain Mags to be more emotionally stable than Gravy so he'll probably finish monologuing first then proceed to, as I said, cook up some brain soup.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Magethor

@BlueLantern1995 said: 

@Fortified_Hooligan Gravity is way more powerful, while magnetism keeps the Earth in check so does Gravity. Gravity is the thing keeping the planet in check from having the world be squashed and so many other things. And it is way more important when it comes to life. Graviton uses gravity and squashes Magneto to Death. Only way Magneto can win is with PIS...

ROFL. Gravity is only present with mass. The greater the mass, the more powerful the gravity. If not for electromagnetism not celestial object in space would hold together thus being no gravity. If not for electromagnetism holding atoms together, there would be no stars. No people, no life.

Like I said, gravity works where there is mass and the larger the mass, the greater the gravity. SO if Graviton were in space all by himself, the only gravity he can use is his own mass.... This is not so the case with Magneto since electromagnetism is virtually EVERYWHERE. Magneto would destroy Graviton in the middle of space.

On a planet, Graviton can control its gravity only on focused areas and his range is only as far as his senses can detect, meaning he needs to see where he's targeting to alter that areas gravity field. Magneto on the other hand can electromagnetically sense every atomic signature around the globe because as stated already.... Electromagnetism is EVERYWHERE. Magneto can be in China and kill Graviton while Graviton is in New York..... (sited: Magneto sensed Cortez 60 miles away and snatched him from his location to Magneto's in a manner of seconds)

Magneto can manipulate Graviton's mind because mental thought via the brain is generated by electromagnetism in the form of electric pulses.  

Magneto can alter gravity with his powers. One of Magneto's powers is to generate anti-gravity fields. So if Graviton even tries using Magneto's mass against himself, Magneto can simply reverse it.

Graviton lifts lower Manhatten? So what! Magneto lifts a mountain range of Genosha 

Does Graviton have blood? Bad luck for him, Magneto gives him a stroke. 
Does Graviton's body have atoms? Bad luck for him, because Magneto will rip those atoms apart via their electron. 

What if Graviton goes blood lusted and uses Magneto's mass to create a singularity? Magneto  electromagnetically creates an astral form of himself and kills Graviton that way since Magneto's consciousness can exist in the EM field.   

Magneto destroys Graviton. 
And it would take serious PIS/CIS for Graviton to best Magneto.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#23  Edited By Deadcool

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Graviton in a spite. gravity is way more powerful than magnetism.

NOPE!!

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Magethor
@Killemall said:

@cliffrice said:

So did Loki, Radioactive Man, Lavaman and Thanos. The point was not being able to stop Mjolnir but being able to fight and beat 3 powerhouse at the same time. Pre 2005 Graviton has good feats and if you were like me (about 6 months ago) and read comics only post 2005 then well Graviton doesnt look half as powerful, he was almost killed by Iron Man (thanks to Captain american stopping him), and hasnt beaten anyone after 2005, the only person he mange to kill was well himself which i am sure doesnt count.

But before this, and since its full power i would assume we are talking about him during his peak, he's fought entire avengers squad of about 6 people all on his own and done rather well.

You said, Graviton fought 3 power houses at the same time of a squad of 6 people together? Alright then, why not include the battle of the X-Men and Avengers at once? While you say Graviton fought a squad of 6, Magneto fought two teams of 15!!! That included Thor, Ironman, Vision, Hercules, Antman, Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Capt America, 3D Man, Beast, Iceman, Angel, and others... Why not mention that or even take into consideration of that instead of just selecting a character and voting for him because you think his feats are better and turning a blind eye for the other guy's feats? 

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By RIKR2

magneto

Stronger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By Stronger

Really don't know about this one

Avatar image for deactivated-607949e25bdb6
deactivated-607949e25bdb6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Magneto has Gravitrons powerset and more.

Better feats, more power and more diverse.

'I am Power! Men call me Magneto!'

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Magneto can do everything that Graviton can do, but it's not the same the other way around.

isn't it the other way around? not going into relativistic stuff, gravity exists between any two particles in the world but electromagnetic forces exist between only particles with unpaired electron (sorry metallic ones to be simpler...) metal is also attracted by gravity...or car would fly easily :p..

ROFL. Gravity is only present with mass. The greater the mass, the more powerful the gravity. If not for electromagnetism not celestial object in space would hold together thus being no gravity. If not for electromagnetism holding atoms together, there would be no stars. No people, no life.
Like I said, gravity works where there is mass and the larger the mass, the greater the gravity. SO if Graviton were in space all by himself, the only gravity he can use is his own mass.... This is not so the case with Magneto since electromagnetism is virtually EVERYWHERE. Magneto would destroy Graviton in the middle of space.

electromagnetism is only present with charge also... and electons, protons and the honorable guys you mentioned also have mass...

Does Graviton have blood? Bad luck for him, Magneto gives him a stroke.
Does Graviton's body have atoms? Bad luck for him, because Magneto will rip those atoms apart via their electron.

magneto has matter? yes! magnetic or nonmagnetic, graviton can rip it apart!

the point of it is.. dont underestimate gravitation.. there is a reason why it is one of the four fundamental forces.. electromagnetism takes care of atomic scale or you could say building blocks while gravity is much more imp for stars and planets and such macro objects..

Magneto destroys Graviton.

this, I agree fully.... (reasons below)

well, actually, electromagnetic force is about 10^40 (ten to the power forty) times stronger than gravitational force.. thats why electromagnetic force from your hand can hold the weight of book, which is force exerted by superhuge earth.. if not, we should crumble under our own weight!

well anyways, we are going too off topic, and not in a very cool topic at that! so.. I think though graviton is good, magneto has displayed very large scale, extremly sharp mind, more control over his power, better planning (and much more fans for the matter)... So I go with magneto... considering gravitons power, I cant see him winning here..

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@jeanroygrant said:

Graviton stomps hard.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Bo88gdan

Magneto .easy 

NerdsFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NerdsFTW

@Magethor said:

Because Magneto has no defense against gravokinesis.

Avatar image for man_of_miracles
Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

I think full power Graviton beats Magneto.

However aren't we all over looking who they can call to help? I mean Magneto can call Scarlet Witch for god sake, game over for Graviton at that point, especially considering Scarlet Witches latest feats against the Phoenix 5

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Magethor
@PrinceAragorn1 said:

electromagnetism is only present with charge also... and electons, protons and the honorable guys you mentioned also have mass...

That's only true for the particle side of electromagnetism, but let's not forget the existence of the electromagnetic wave spectrum. No charge is needed for frequency and through frequency wave (Electromagnetism), everything in physical reality, electromagnetism can affect. And that also means gravity. 

also... and electons, protons and the honorable guys you mentioned also have mass...

Yes, but but the mass is not great. The mass would have to equal the size of a celestial body to have great effect.  

isn't it the other way around? not going into relativistic stuff, gravity exists between any two particles in the world but electromagnetic forces exist between only particles with unpaired electron (sorry metallic ones to be simpler...) metal is also attracted by gravity...or car would fly easily :p..

Not quite, you're talking about "magnetic fields". This whole debate is talking about the entirety of the electromagnetic spectrum and field.  For example, gravity can not control electromagnetic wave frequencies. But through frequency electromagnetism can affect and control gravity. 

@NerdsFTW said:

@Magethor said:

Because Magneto has no defense against gravokinesis.

Yes he does. It is Graviton that doesn't have any defense against his own atoms. His body is created out of atoms and those atoms have electrons. 
GR2Blackout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 63

#35  Edited By GR2Blackout

@Pwok21 said:

That IS true, because Magneto IS at his full power. Yet with full control of gravity, couldn't Graviton... wait, that makes no sense. Never mind what I was gonna say.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36  Edited By nefarious

Magneto wins with 12 mins of prep.

ThanoStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ThanoStomp

It doesn't matter whether gravity or magnetism is a fundamentally stronger force in nature. It's what these two characters can DO with those forces.

I'm no expert on Graviton, but I read in other threads that he can create singularities and black holes. If true, I'd take that over Magneto.

whydama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By whydama

I think there is a unified force which Magneto can control.

Magneto has better feats than Graviton, so I am giving this one to Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

That IS true, because Magneto IS at his full power. Yet with full control of gravity, couldn't Graviton... wait, that makes no sense. Never mind what I was gonna say.

Magneto has full control over Gravity as well, which means that he pretty much wins this in any situation.

Even if Gravitron tries to make a Black Hole (like some people are claiming on this forum) then magneto could de-atomise him in an instant before he can.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Magethor

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

Magneto has full control over Gravity as well, which means that he pretty much wins this in any situation.

Even if Gravitron tries to make a Black Hole (like some people are claiming on this forum) then magneto could de-atomise him in an instant before he can.

de-atomized FTW!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magethor said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

de-atomized FTW!

I make my own rules.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

Wait where are you getting that Magneto can control gravity?

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Magethor

@Pwok21 said:

@Magethor said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

de-atomized FTW!

I make my own rules.

If they make T-shirts of this guy ... Then that must mean.....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

He has opened Wormholes.

That is beyond electromagnetism, and in fact stretches into Gravity's area of power.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Magethor:

Of course he was right.

He's Mag-FREAKIN'-Neto!

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Magethor

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

Yes...

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Pwok21 said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

He has opened Wormholes.

That is beyond electromagnetism, and in fact stretches into Gravity's area of power.

Ok but what can Magneto do/control that Graviton can't?

Graviton can even control the gravity of particles of energy, and individual particles. Doesn't that encompass pretty much everything?

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

Yes...

I said where are you getting it, not can he.

Magethor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Magethor

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

He has opened Wormholes.

Graviton can even control the gravity of particles of energy, and individual particles. Doesn't that encompass pretty much everything?

Magneto can stretch gravity like time.

Man_of_Miracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Man_of_Miracles

@Magethor said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@Man_of_Miracles said:

@Pwok21 said:

@GR2Blackout said:

@Pwok21 said:

He has opened Wormholes.

Magneto can stretch gravity like time.

I'm sorry that comment doesn't make a whole lot of sense...