User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By buttersdaman000

Grant Ward

No Caption Provided

Vs

Bane

No Caption Provided

Scenario:

Batman and Catwoman are making their way through the sewers to Bane. They arrive at the gate to where he is hiding, and right before Batman makes his way in, a hand grabs his shoulder. "I got this bro", says Grant Ward, "I have unexplained reasons to want to fight this guy." Batman nods in understanding and lets him through.

Setting:

Area where Batman and Bane first fought

Rules:

- Agent Ward is in full gear but unarmed

- Bane is in full gear

- Fight to incapacitation or death

- Round 2: Ward gets Batmans gauntlets

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Bane

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bane

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By buttersdaman000
r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ward bores Bane to death with his lack of personality.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By godzilla44

feats for Ward?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By buttersdaman000

@godzilla44 said:

feats for Ward?

He's been referred to as one of the best SHIELD combatants. Only the likes of Black Widow are as good as him according to numerous people. Youtube is acting up for me atm so I can't post any vids, but Ward easily clears out rooms of multiple enemies by himself. For example, in one of the more recent episodes, he took out 5+ geared and armed SHIELD agents. IMO, he's clearly faster and more skilled than Bane who ranges in-between dirty boxing and simple techniques.

@r2datu

Have you been watching the recent episodes?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I thought it was 11. Either way Ward. Can't believe he's Hydra. I was like whaaaaaaat

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

@buttersdaman000: I thought it was 11. Either way Ward. Can't believe he's Hydra. I was like whaaaaaaat

For some reason i feel like they will pull the double agent thing.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@goobot: Maybe. Wonder how they'd explain some of the events away. He did talk privately with Coulson before he left so who knows.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Yea, weren't there serval episodes where he helped screw up the clairvoyant's plans?

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mtuske

@goobot: Him killing the false clairvoyant on Garretts orders pretty much takes away the double agent. He knowingly shot and killed an innocent person.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By goobot

@mtuske: True, true, but maybe that was before he didn't know he was the clairvoyant?

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godzilla44 said:

feats for Ward?

He's been referred to as one of the best SHIELD combatants. Only the likes of Black Widow are as good as him according to numerous people. Youtube is acting up for me atm so I can't post any vids, but Ward easily clears out rooms of multiple enemies by himself. For example, in one of the more recent episodes, he took out 5+ geared and armed SHIELD agents. IMO, he's clearly faster and more skilled than Bane who ranges in-between dirty boxing and simple techniques.

Well I need to see this to be able to tell

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Evil Ward is cool, but Bane stomps.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buttersdaman000

@godzilla44 said:

Well I need to see this to be able to tell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KESEAyc0kLE

Heres one. It's a shame that you don't get to see how he won, but you get the general gist of it.

@lukehero said:

Evil Ward is cool, but Bane stomps.

Can you explain why?

@mtuske

You're right, it was closer to 11. And he also took out 6 Agents with his stun pistol before.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Ward while awesome and bada$$ has done nothing to prove he can beat Bane. Bane is a guy who punches Batman(While he had on armor), and still hurt Bats. Bane punched through concrete. Ward's best fights were Ward vs May & Ward vs Black Agent(I forget his name). In both fights he does win, but he is still just Olympic level human. Bane easily punched through concrete, lifted Batman up & broke his Back, and he punched & cracked Batman's cowl. Bane was on the tip of being pretty much Superhuman.

Don't get me wrong, he's not some whimp, but without weapons in a pure h2h, Bane stomps. Ward is faster, Bane is too strong though.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Agents of Shield...bleh

Bane's strength and durability would be too much for him...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

So you don't think his superior speed and skill would be enough? What about with gauntlets? And, I think one of his best fight scenes was the one that I posted where he beat down close to 11 geared up SHIELD agents. As far as Banes strength goes, I don't think its the game changer everyone seems to think it is. Batman weighs, what, 220? Regular people can clean and press 220. Granted, Bane did it a lot easier, but still. As far as punching off that thin slab of concrete and breaking Batmans mask, just remember than Batman near overpowered him in their final fight...sooo

Cregan_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu: right?!? Ward has to be the most boring character on that show. It's bad when the overly nerdy scientists have more personality than you.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Batman did not overpower him, he rips off part of his mask & Bane went down. The mask holds back pain, from the disease. It was a concrete pillar, not a thin slab of concrete. You can't just weight Batman, you have to add in all of his gear. Even though Ward has the gantlets, Bane would still be aware to protect his face. Also Ward would need some sort of Basic Knowledge to even know to target the mask.

11 Agents vs Ward. Seeing how Batman would do the same thing, it's not something that puts Ward over Bane.

Loading Video...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lukehero said:

@buttersdaman000: Batman did not overpower him, he rips off part of his mask & Bane went down. The mask holds back pain, from the disease. It was a concrete pillar, not a thin slab of concrete. You can't just weight Batman, you have to add in all of his gear. Even though Ward has the gantlets, Bane would still be aware to protect his face. Also Ward would need some sort of Basic Knowledge to even know to target the mask.

11 Agents vs Ward. Seeing how Batman would do the same thing, it's not something that puts Ward over Bane.

Loading Video...

I was talking about 1:55. If Bane was as strong as everyone says he is, Batman, a person with no enhanced strength, would not have been able to resist so long. It was a thin slab of concrete that he punched off, the pillar is just the object he punched. Batmans exact weight doesn't change anything either. 220-300, that still weight that humans are capable of pressing. Also, if Bane knew enough to protect his face he would've done so in his fight with Batman. All it took was one good strike to break it, and even if Ward knows nothing of the mask, thats not a hard feat to replicate.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Loading Video...

I was talking about 1:55. If Bane was as strong as everyone says he is, Batman, a person with no enhanced strength, would not have been able to resist so long. It was a thin slab of concrete that he punched off, the pillar is just the object he punched. Batmans exact weight doesn't change anything either. 220-300, that still weight that humans are capable of pressing. Also, if Bane knew enough to protect his face he would've done so in his fight with Batman. All it took was one good strike to break it, and even if Ward knows nothing of the mask, thats not a hard feat to replicate.

Thats the thing 1 good strike. Bane is no slob when it comes to 1 taking hits from Batman whom i'd assume hits harder than Ward, but also could fight just as good as ward if not better. Also i'd assume he hits harder than ward also because he picked up batman with all his gear and walked like it was nothing....

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: I'm just not buying it, but I've posted the feats for Bane. I've watched agents of Shield. Ward hasn't done anything to put him over Batman & Bane for H2H combat. Bane broke Batman's Back while he was in armor. Batman's armor was able to take the blunt force of a high fall. So, breaking his back is very impressive. Ward's punches will not affect Bane.

Loading Video...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Ward hasn't done anything to put him over Batman & Bane for H2H combat

On the same note, what has Batman or Bane done to put themselves over Ward H2H? For one, Batman is clearly more skilled than Bane. Added to that, Ward is clearly faster than both of them, has more people to compare too, and more feats to go on. So, IMO, we have enough on Ward to put him even to Batman h2h if not above him.

Bane broke Batman's Back while he was in armor. Batman's armor was able to take the blunt force of a high fall

You do remember that Joker was able to hurt Batman, right? Is he as strong as Bane now?

Ward's punches will not affect Bane.

How so? Just because he doesn't feel pain, doesn't me he can't be injured...

Thats the thing 1 good strike. Bane is no slob when it comes to 1 taking hits from Batman whom i'd assume hits harder than Ward, but also could fight just as good as ward if not better. Also i'd assume he hits harder than ward also because he picked up batman with all his gear and walked like it was nothing....

Why would you assume Batman hits harder? If you're basing it on size, Ward is actually bigger...Bane hitting harder is true though..

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By mickey-mouse

@buttersdaman000: Ward has shown no punching or strength feats that compare to Batman or Bane. Batman even kicks a concrete wall & breaks it.

You do remember that Joker was able to hurt Batman, right? Is he as strong as Bane now?

Yeah there is a word for that, PIS. Should I bring up some of Grant's low showings?

Anyway, I've posted feats. It would be nice if you posted some.

What has Ward done to be on Batman's level? :/ Post it.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By buttersdaman000

@lukehero said:

@buttersdaman000: Ward has shown no punching or strength feats that compare to Batman or Bane. Batman even kicks a concrete wall & breaks it.

Yeah there is a word for that, PIS. Should I bring up some of Grant's low showings?

Anyway, I've posted feats. It would be nice if you posted some.

What has Ward done to be on Batman's level? :/ Post it.

Batman kicked a flimsy brick wall, there's a difference. Besides that one feat, Batman doesn't have any strength feat either....

So, it's PIS when you choose it is? I believe Joker put some hurt on Batman on three separate occasions...what about all the other random thugs that have been able to hurt Batman? What about Ra's Al Ghul?

And, i've posted a video taking out 11 SHIELD agents head on. He's also been compared to BW and has taken on the likes of Melinda May. That right there puts him on Batmans level. Besides that, I can't seem to find any other AoS vids.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mickey-mouse

@buttersdaman000: Once again, I saw the video of him vs the 11 Shield agents, that's nothing Batman or Bane couldn't do with ease with pure H2H only.

Keep in mind, he's using GUNS. He shoots many of the agents with the night night gun. Not as if he beats 11 agents bare handed. He opens up the door & takes most of them out with the guns. He gets beaten to the floor by 4 guys, "Then they show the knife & we have to make up in our minds what happened."

Impressive none the less, nothing that puts him on par with Bane or Bats.

Loading Video...

Bats & Cat aren't even using gadgets, Bats doesn't even let Cats use the gun & they are fighting a small army of League of Assassin Soldiers.

Loading Video...

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero:

Ah, yes, it does look like he's maybe fighting the same agents towards the end. I thought new ones came in. But, still, he beat 4-6 SHIELD Agents solo, without armor or anything. In that video you showed me, Catwoman and Batman take on 12 guys, at max, together for like 30 seconds. Catwoman even shoots one guy in the beginning and one guy is just like "f*ck it" and falls over lol

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: It's more than 12 guys on that roof. She only shoots one guy, then Bats knocks the gun out of her hand. The fact that the fight only lasted 30 secs, should be even more impressive, as it took Ward longer to deal with his guys.

Batman is so fast he can dodge point blank gun fire.

Loading Video...

Let's also throw in Batman's ridiculous durability feats like, being able to heal from a broken back inside of a prison, without the need for proper medical care.

Ward is awesome, he's not on par with Bats.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

Ward hasn't done anything to put him over Batman & Bane for H2H combat

On the same note, what has Batman or Bane done to put themselves over Ward H2H? For one, Batman is clearly more skilled than Bane. Added to that, Ward is clearly faster than both of them, has more people to compare too, and more feats to go on. So, IMO, we have enough on Ward to put him even to Batman h2h if not above him.

Bane broke Batman's Back while he was in armor. Batman's armor was able to take the blunt force of a high fall

Ward's punches will not affect Bane.

How so? Just because he doesn't feel pain, doesn't me he can't be injured...

@killerwasp said:

Why would you assume Batman hits harder? If you're basing it on size, Ward is actually bigger...Bane hitting harder is true though..

Because considering he had enough force to break a katana with ease i'd say, and that he had punches that sent ras back, and that he also used 1 arm to pull ras up as they were about to fall off a cliff i'd assume he has more strength thus he'd be able to hit harder, also taking on 4 league of assassin fighters and ko's a few of them as well also was able to escape from prison that made bane such a baller, and his weight also is a factor. Normally size doesnt matter, but however both are excellent martial arts ( ward and batman ) and both are trained extremely well, so in this case i think weight would be a factor as well with batman having an extra 10 pounds of muscle ( not huge ofc ) but just enough i'd think his punches and kicks would do more than ward.

Hes taller, hes not bigger, Grant Ward is 180 or so according to the person he's being portrayed as which is 180 or so. Bane ( tom hardy ) was 200. My point is he's stronger than him or at least the feats bane has showed to where he is stronger than Grant. He's prolly not as bright because we don't know who actually came up with the master plan in DKR, but that is mostly assumed Talia. However that doesn't mean he is no push over especially when he beat the batman.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@buttersdaman000: It's more than 12 guys on that roof. She only shoots one guy, then Bats knocks the gun out of her hand. The fact that the fight only lasted 30 secs, should be even more impressive, as it took Ward longer to deal with his guys.

Batman is so fast he can dodge point blank gun fire.

Loading Video...

Let's also throw in Batman's ridiculous durability feats like, being able to heal from a broken back inside of a prison, without the need for proper medical care.

Ward is awesome, he's not on par with Bats.

There are not more than 12 guys on that roof. The fight only lasted 30 seconds because they were shot at from above.

Also, didn't you just accuse me of bringing up PIS? Then you bring up this PIS, WIS throw-away scene with Batman 'dodging' point blank automatic gun fire? If that were the case, why is he getting tagged by Ra's Al Ghul, Joker, Bane, Thugs? Why doesn't he just zip through them all? Why didn't he just dodge Harveys bullet?

And as far as that supposed durability feat you mentioned goes, didn't Batman need a brace to fix a bum knee? He had 8 years to heal that.....But, when plot calls for it, he can heal a broken back in 10 months, in a beat down prison......?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000:

Also, didn't you just accuse me of bringing up PIS? Then you bring up this PIS, WIS throw-away scene with Batman 'dodging' point blank automatic gun fire? If that were the case, why is he getting tagged by Ra's Al Ghul, Joker, Bane, Thugs? Why doesn't he just zip through them all? Why didn't he just dodge Harveys bullet?

So?????? Kid Flash got tagged by Slade several times. Does that make Slade & Kid Flash equals in speed now?

And as far as that supposed durability feat you mentioned goes, didn't Batman need a brace to fix a bum knee? He had 8 years to heal that.....But, when plot calls for it, he can heal a broken back in 10 months, in a beat down prison......?

So now, we need to call in the plot factor, instead of just analyzing the feats. Post some video of Ward, till then. It's over. Also if you feel like you already know the answer to this battle. :/ Why did you post it??? Thread makers should not be debating this hard in favor of any side of the battle. They should only point out mistakes or corrections.

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: Eh their's nothing to special about that fight scene, I mean it even shows he was going to lose if the knife wasn't their.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Its prolly cause he feels like no one is making a case of ward, but the fact is ward is good, but he isnt that good. ( the serious answer ) hes just mad cause he wanted everyone to say it was a close fight/ leaning in wards favor plus hes prolly a bane hater anyway ( trolly answer ) XD. Sorry sometimes the troll gets the best of me

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: @killerwasp: I wanna apologize if I sounded like a Class A*****. I am sorry, that's how I feel though. You need to collect some more video & gifs on ward. You can even go to a free Gif maker. Also you can get a free video recorder and record Agents of Shield video on your computer. Till then, you can't back up your claim of Ward being on par with Bats or Bane.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: Im confused? Do you think im supporting ward?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp: No, I know you're not. I just still wanted to tag you. Shrugs*** I understand you are making a case for Bane.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

You're mixing up two completely different mediums and two completely different tiers now. And regarding that, any time Slade tags a flash when he shouldn't is regarded as PIS....which that Batman scene is....

I don't understand how it's over....you haven't made one valid claim that's stuck about Batman being Superior, or Bane being super in anything but strength thats stuck....and, i'm only posting because no one else is backing Ward. If no one else was backing Bane, I would debate for him.

@buttersdaman000: Eh their's nothing to special about that fight scene, I mean it even shows he was going to lose if the knife wasn't their.

That's valid. I would post more videos but beside that short 19 second clip above, there's nothing on Youtube.

@lukehero: Its prolly cause he feels like no one is making a case of ward, but the fact is ward is good, but he isnt that good. ( the serious answer ) hes just mad cause he wanted everyone to say it was a close fight/ leaning in wards favor plus hes prolly a bane hater anyway ( trolly answer ) XD. Sorry sometimes the troll gets the best of me

Lol yes to your....not serious(?) answer, no to the 'serious' one. The only thing that irked me in this thread were the one word responses that people seem to think carry all the validity in the world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@killerwasp: No, I know you're not. I just still wanted to tag you. Shrugs*** I understand you are making a case for Bane.

ah kk lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

You're mixing up two completely different mediums and two completely different tiers now. And regarding that, any time Slade tags a flash when he shouldn't is regarded as PIS....which that Batman scene is....

I don't understand how it's over....you haven't made one valid claim that's stuck about Batman being Superior, or Bane being super in anything but strength thats stuck....and, i'm only posting because no one else is backing Ward. If no one else was backing Bane, I would debate for him.

@godzilla44 said:

That's valid. I would post more videos but beside that short 19 second clip above, there's nothing on Youtube.

@killerwasp said:

Lol yes to your....not serious(?) answer, no to the 'serious' one. The only thing that irked me in this thread were the one word responses that people seem to think carry all the validity in the world.

Ah, well a simple =

I think would of done better imo. Because i could of brought feats up rather than beginning the debate between the thread maker and a poster ( i guess u can call us ).

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: You should read my other response as well. Also you posted what 1 video? Until you can get some more material on Ward, it's actually the Ward argument that needs to be validated. I've done nothing but post evidence, that you've been tossing out & low balling.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp:

I don't get what you're saying?

@lukehero said:

@buttersdaman000: You should read my other response as well. Also you posted what 1 video? Until you can get some more material on Ward, it's actually the Ward argument that needs to be validated. I've done nothing but post evidence, that you've been tossing out & low balling.

I posted 1 video, you posted 2 of Bane, and the rest of Batman. I could post more AoS videos, but Ward isn't in them so I didn't....you hardly posted any more evidence than I did. And it's really not lowballing. If anything, you're the one with the skewed vision of what Nolan Batman-verse really is. Really, all I did was correct you or offer a real world comparison to feats you thought were more impressive than they were.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@buttersdaman000: @killerwasp: I wanna apologize if I sounded like a Class A*****. I am sorry, that's how I feel though. You need to collect some more video & gifs on ward. You can even go to a free Gif maker. Also you can get a free video recorder and record Agents of Shield video on your computer. Till then, you can't back up your claim of Ward being on par with Bats or Bane.

Hmmm, didn't know you could do that. Cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: You didnt like the one word answers, so u could of asked reasons and stuff rather than joining or picking a side of the debate. As luke had said most thread makers are suppose to try and keep it balanced provide info and such, ofc i've failed it at times, but the point would be to make keep people informed rather than picking a side.

Sildedaspo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Sildedaspo

Hah. Hahahahahahahahahahhha. This fight. Bane wins. "I was wondering what would break first... but it all kind of fell apart at once."

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By mickey-mouse

@buttersdaman000: I posted a lot more than you're 1 single video. I even threw in another ward video for comparison. By, your own admission you don't have enough material to work with. You're still derailing your own thread, by trying to debate everyone that comes on here & says Bane wins?? Then they explain why and you refuse to accept their answers? You clearly have some sort of Ward agenda. Other wise you would just ask for said poster's opinion, get the evidence and move on to the next one.

You even admit that your one shred of evidence the Ward fight, wasn't that impressive?

@godzilla44 said:

After Godzilla points out that the fight scene itself isn't special. You even say, "That's Valid."

SO uhh, What are backing up Ward with now? Nothing. :/

r2datu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@killerwasp

Unrelated, but it's "would have" and "should have" not "would of" or "should of". :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@r2datu said:

@killerwasp

Unrelated, but it's "would have" and "should have" not "would of" or "should of". :)