Grand Master Luke vs Thanos

• 158 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Grand Master Luke vs Thanos (150 votes)

Grand Master Luke 25%
Thanos 71%
Tie 1%

With no prep who would win? Both have to use their own powers and no help from magic items or items of power!! Both start off 200 feet from each other and standard gear only..... Both are blood lust as well! Win by K.O, death, or a tie?

• 
juiceboks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 juiceboks  Moderator

Been done. Luke can't put down Thanos.

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rogueshadow  Moderator

Luke isn't taking Thanos.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well the Sidious vs Thanos battle was not a stomp and Luke is faster than Thanos and he's more powerful than Sidious

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By homicidalmaniac

@darklord_apoc said:

@juiceboks said:

Well the Sidious vs Thanos battle was not a stomp and Luke is faster than Thanos and he's more powerful than Sidious

In the Sidious Vs Silver Surfer thread,everyone agreed Silver Surfer stomp Darth Sidious.Thanos should be able to lolstomp Sidious in that thread.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos in a violent stomp.

Either huge mismatch, or spite.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is spite.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By darklord_apoc

This is spite.

Its not spite unless you can prove it is by giving reasons what Thanos can do to kill Luke because Luke is the most powerful force user in Starwars.... Do you know about Grand Master Luke?

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember that thread. I even asked the Jedi experts on here, Jedixman,shootingnova, dccomicsrule, why they say Thanos stomps and they said Luke cant harm Thanos. I responded: Isn't Luke the most powerful force user. They said: Yes. but thanos still stomps.

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ximpossibrux

@ximpossibrux said:

This is spite.

Its not spite unless you can prove it is by giving reasons what Thanos can do to kill Luke because Luke is the most powerful force user in Starwars.... Do you know about Grand Master Luke?

Thanos has taken on Odin, Galactus Tyrant and universal threats alone.

He regularly punts Surfer, Thor, Hulk and Blackbolt without even trying.

Avatar image for son_of_tomorrow
son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

@pooty said:

@juiceboks said:

I remember that thread. I even asked the Jedi experts on here, Jedixman,shootingnova, dccomicsrule, why they say Thanos stomps and they said Luke cant harm Thanos. I responded: Isn't Luke the most powerful force user. They said: Yes. but thanos still stomps.

I thought the child of Han solo and Leia was the most powerful Force user? I remembering that a child of theirs became the force.

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pooty said:

@juiceboks said:

I thought the child of Han solo and Leia was the most powerful Force user? I remembering that a child of theirs became the force.

I'm no star wars expert. But does the child have FEATS that are better then Luke?

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

@pooty said:

@son_of_tomorrow said:

@pooty said:

@juiceboks said:

I'm no star wars expert. But does the child have FEATS that are better then Luke?

Yes and no, I did some more research and they were both able to become one with the force. Feat wise I'm still checking.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thanos. What can Luke do to him?

Avatar image for elderstarlord117
ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ElderStarlord117

I love Luke and will always try to support him if possible, but this is just absurd. Luke is very powerful, but Thanos is nearly Skyfather level. Luke won't die instantly, but there's absolutely nothing Luke can do to 1) stop Thanos and 2) to survive this encounter in the first place. And didn't you make a Sidious vs. Thanos thread before? Seriously, stop embarrassing Star Wars characters.

@son_of_tomorrow: You're talking about Jacen Solo. He did become One with the Force as did Luke and several other Force users, mind you, but he's far from being the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there, though. The most powerful Force user ever should be the Father, or really all the Ones, for that matter, followed by Luke.

Just so you know, though, Jacen did have the most impressive showing of Oneness of any Jedi/Sith in SW history to my knowledge.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@elderstarlord117: Correction. Thanos -is- Skyfather level. He wasn't quite Odin 12-13yrs ago. But really, Odin is the #1 Skyfather in Marvel. Not being equal to him at the time, doesn't put him below every other Skyfather. Most Skyfather's in marvel don't even have any feats or really do anything.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux: Thanos got slaughtered by odin and galactus don't know who tyrant is the last you are correct about

ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ElderStarlord117

@reikai: I rest my case. This is just silly. INB4LOCK

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Luke and will always try to support him if possible, but this is just absurd. Luke is very powerful, but Thanos is nearly Skyfather level. Luke won't die instantly, but there's absolutely nothing Luke can do to 1) stop Thanos and 2) to survive this encounter in the first place. And didn't you make a Sidious vs. Thanos thread before? Seriously, stop embarrassing Star Wars characters.

@son_of_tomorrow: You're talking about Jacen Solo. He did become One with the Force as did Luke and several other Force users, mind you, but he's far from being the most powerful Force user ever. He's up there, though. The most powerful Force user ever should be the Father, or really all the Ones, for that matter, followed by Luke.

Just so you know, though, Jacen did have the most impressive showing of Oneness of any Jedi/Sith in SW history to my knowledge.

Yeah I was reading that he had the most impressive showing of oneness, And I also read that without it he couldn't beat his uncle Luke, and was unable to break a force grip from him. But you don't think Luke becoming one with the force is enough to beat a Thanos without gear or prep? I'm reading up on Jacen now, and his abilities and can only conclude that Luke has the same things if not at different levels and can't see Thanos beating someone who is basically an infinity Gauntlet. Becoming one with the force allowing you to move molecules and sense danger before it happens and having an immaterial body?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By reikai
ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12 said:

@ximpossibrux: Thanos got slaughtered by odin and galactus don't know who tyrant is the last you are correct about

He didn't get slaughtered by Odin, he was putting up a pretty good fight.

Still doesn't matter, Thanos stomps Luke.

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai said:

@son_of_tomorrow:

This is literally all that is required of Thanos.

No Caption Provided

He can make people go insane with but a touch?

ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ElderStarlord117

Yeah I was reading that he had the most impressive showing of oneness, And I also read that without it he couldn't beat his uncle Luke, and was unable to break a force grip from him. But you don't think Luke becoming one with the force is enough to beat a Thanos without gear or prep? I'm reading up on Jacen now, and his abilities and can only conclude that Luke has the same things if not at different levels and can't see Thanos beating someone who is basically an infinity Gauntlet. Becoming one with the force allowing you to move molecules and sense danger before it happens and having an immaterial body?

Luke becoming One with the Force is involuntary. It's not like he can just activate it. We can't assume that he'll enter the state in this battle. In fact, he probably wouldn't.

And achieving Oneness does not make you an Infinity Gauntlet, per se. You only have an immaterial body when you die (Force Ghost). When you enter Oneness while still alive, you still have a physical body and are still prone to damage. And the Force allows you to sense danger beforehand and move molecules without having to be One with it. Actually, all Force users have precognition. No need for Oneness there. All Oneness is is just an ultimate amp in the Star Wars universe. All the Jedi's abilities are seriously buffed and some even gain access to new abilities.

As for him being able to defeat Thanos, I can't say. If Thanos has the IG, obviously not. If he has his his Infinity Gems, still no. If he's got really anything that even slightly boosts his power, Luke loses as Thanos is arguably the single most powerful villain in the Marvel universe. However, if all Thanos has is a t-shirt or something and he's fighting One-with-the-Force Luke, perhaps Luke stands a chance, but I don't know enough about Thanos to say for sure. Most likely, he still loses.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By reikai

@son_of_tomorrow: Well that was a Priest of Pama. Same priesthood who taught Mantis and Moondragon martial arts and mental disciplines to hone their Telepathy and psychic powers. Not very durable folk. Just strong mental disciplines that each priest has been practicing and readying with for centuries.

Thanos isn't exactly a novice TP. And he killed the guy in that instant too. Then fueled himself on raw madness to rip a hole in reality and enter the Realm of All Gods. Just so he could talk smack to Eternity and Death.

Basically, Luke and the entirety of SW is utterly screwed next to Thanos. Adam Warlock is terrified of even attempting to take the Mad Titan's soul when he had the Soul Gem, because he was certain it'd drive him completely insane and destroy him. Taking Warrior's soul (a Thanosi clone), almost did had it not been for Thanos and Thanos alluding that his own thoughts are far, far darker than that of any of his creations. And he was damn right.

But let's put it this way. Thanos can actually handle Omnipotence. Warlock couldn't keep his own crap in check. And Luke's not exactly omniscient. Thanos can stare into the Infinity Well for hours, which possesses all the infinite knowledge and secrets of the universe. The majority of others who've looked into it, either went immediately insane or were killed as a side-effect. Thanos is completely unaffected by it.

In terms of mental strength, Thanos puts the entire Jedi Order to utter shame. Luke included.

son_of_tomorrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By son_of_tomorrow

@son_of_tomorrow said:

Luke becoming One with the Force is involuntary. It's not like he can just activate it. We can't assume that he'll enter the state in this battle. In fact, he probably wouldn't.

And achieving Oneness does not make you an Infinity Gauntlet, per se. You only have an immaterial body when you die (Force Ghost). When you enter Oneness while still alive, you still have a physical body and are still prone to damage. And the Force allows you to sense danger beforehand and move molecules without having to be One with it. Actually, all Force users have precognition. No need for Oneness there. All Oneness is is just an ultimate amp in the Star Wars universe. All the Jedi's abilities are seriously buffed and some even gain access to new abilities.

As for him being able to defeat Thanos, I can't say. If Thanos has the IG, obviously not. If he has his his Infinity Gems, still no. If he's got really anything that even slightly boosts his power, Luke loses as Thanos is arguably the single most powerful villain in the Marvel universe. However, if all Thanos has is a t-shirt or something and he's fighting One-with-the-Force Luke, perhaps Luke stands a chance, but I don't know enough about Thanos to say for sure. Most likely, he still loses.

I see.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Thanos wins by virtue of being immune or heavily resistant to just about anything Luke can do.

mikep12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ximpossibrux: That's with prep in an original comic odin was beating the crap out of thanos

NeonGameWave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos murderstomps.

GenuineBadger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GenuineBadger
No Caption Provided

thanos

pooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12: Thanos only fought Odin once. Thanos didn't have prep. And Thanos was there to get help for Thor. Thanos didn't go all out. Odin had the upper hand but Thanos was still standing and ready to continue fighting.

Hulkman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikep12 said:

@ximpossibrux: That's with prep in an original comic odin was beating the crap out of thanos

@pooty said:

@mikep12: Thanos only fought Odin once. Thanos didn't have prep. And Thanos was there to get help for Thor. Thanos didn't go all out. Odin had the upper hand but Thanos was still standing and ready to continue fighting.

Also, Thanos has been upgraded since that battle I believe.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isin't Mismatch and spite the same thing?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By reikai

@dewin50: Mismatch is when someone who doesn't know about the characters, puts them together and thinks it'd be nice, without understanding that one is a billion times stronger than the other.

Spite is an intentional mismatch done generally out of hate or disproval of a character or person who argues for that character.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I made a Thanos vs Sidious thread, but Luke is more powerful than Sidious..... As far as me embarrassing Star Wars you act like I am putting Luke against Galactus or Phoenix..... So everyone says Luke can not do nothing to Thanos, but what can Thanos do to Luke? Luke is much more faster than Thanos, and people who are saying Thanos can match his speed because of how he beat Silver Surfer, yet Surfer was not going at full speed against Thanos, and even Thano's adopted daughter was able to get hits off of Thanos, so how would Thanos catch Luke or do anything against him?

DarkRaiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos titanstomps.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklord_apoc: Surfer doesn't hold back on Thanos, because experience has taught him that doing that means you die really, really fast. Thanos regularly backhands FTL'ers and Luke ain't anywhere near their league.

Thanos can literally kill him with a glare. Or an AoE blast. Or transmute him to glass. Or rip his life force right out of him. Or turn him to braindead mush. Or just literally flick him with a finger and have Luke's head explode like a water balloon.

jwwprod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#36  Edited By jwwprod

Thanos.

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#37  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

Titan of Death

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How you've been Sirmethos?

As for this match. Luke gets the worst beating in his life.

SirMethos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_stranglehold_da_first: Hey Strange, fairly good. You?

@dewin50: No, it isn't. Mismatch is accidental, happens when people don't know the characters well enough. Spite is done on purpose.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BlessedbyHorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BlessedbyHorus
ElderStarlord117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ElderStarlord117

@darklord_apoc: Luke is faster than Thanos, but not fast enough. It's such a negligible advantage, it shouldn't even be considered.

And this is embarrassing Star Wars characters. This is making Luke look very bad. Thanos would decimate even Superman who's arguably the most powerful character Luke can stand up to physically. What were you thinking?

I mean, I guess that's what making threads on here is for: learning something knew. I'm not trying to be too harsh, but you should at least have somewhat of a grasp on both characters before making a thread.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShootingNova

There shouldn't be much discussion, and I'm not sure why anybody voted for Luke. He could potentially be faster, but his lightsaber can't even harm Thanos anyways. Just about anything Luke can do will have no perceptible effect.

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By reikai

@elderstarlord117: @shootingnova: How is Luke faster than Thanos? Luke has a barely notable lightspeed reaction feat where as Thanos takes FTL'ers, spanks them to death and sends them crying home to their mothers.

And how is Luke even remotely Physically comparable to Superman? I swear every time I turn around someone says something completely inane when it comes to Star Wars figures.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Thanos. Nothing I have seen from luke should be able to put him down.

Lol. reikai and shootingnova. Back on star wars debate...

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the FTL person you were referencing is Hulk, then no. But as I said, how does this even matter? What is Luke going to do with any level of speed he possesses, superior or not, to harm Thanos?

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By reikai

@shootingnova: Surfer, Gladiator, Fallen One, Terrax, Eros, among others. Even Drax was an FTL'er and they all get slapped down by Thanos.

Luke getting slaughtered is obvious. But believing Thanos is somehow slow is just being ignorant.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reikai: Well somebody just said earlier that Surfer was holding back on his speed or something. If he wasn't, then for once I agree with you.

darklord_apoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darklord_apoc: Luke is faster than Thanos, but not fast enough. It's such a negligible advantage, it shouldn't even be considered.

And this is embarrassing Star Wars characters. This is making Luke look very bad. Thanos would decimate even Superman who's arguably the most powerful character Luke can stand up to physically. What were you thinking?

I mean, I guess that's what making threads on here is for: learning something knew. I'm not trying to be too harsh, but you should at least have somewhat of a grasp on both characters before making a thread.

I find it very funny how this makes Luke look bad? I mean he was one of the strongest in Star Wars universe, and he not only had speed but TK and TP also and I read on some forums that he can control black holes, so I'm not making him look bad and the few people who voted for Luke must not think so either... As I said before it was a debate on Sidious vs Thanos forum and there was pretty good arguments and Luke is more powerful than Sidious, so how did I make him look bad? That does not even make sense!

reikai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootingnova: Surfer is generally a pacifist. However he has experience with Thanos and knows firsthand how absurdly strong Thanos is. Quite literally the first time Surfer blasted him, Thanos completely shrugged him off and left Surfer stunned.

No Caption Provided

Surfer will hold back against friends, allies or people he feels are good, like Thor. However in the case of Thanos he knows Thanos is far too great a threat and holding back against him is just fatal. It's been shown in every encounter that the Surfer is absolutely no match for him.

And has been said, Surfer, Bill, Ronin and co are all going to get the crap knocked out of them by Thanos in the next story arc.