Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Baldy

@YouFinished said:

Black Bolt should win. He should have the speed advantage and only needs a whisper to end it or he could just us electron manipulation.

Nope.

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By YouFinished

@Baldy:

Black Bolt has traded blows with herald level beings such as Thor, Gladiator (on multiple occasions) and Vulcan; all FTL fighters. Also he intercepted a solar flare and neutralized it.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Baldy

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy:

Black Bolt has traded blows with herald level beings such as Thor, Gladiator (on multiple occasions) and Vulcan; all FTL fighters. Also he intercepted a solar flare and neutralized it.

What? Go ahead and prove that when they traded blows, they were moving faster than light. I'm betting you can't, because Black Bolt isn't that fast.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By ShootingNova

@Skaddix said:

yeah sublight means nothing anything less then light speed is sublight. Its not defined like supersonic vs hypersonic

Go learn the feats first. To someone who can dodge lightning and and see ships of sub-light level in slow motion (Anakin), Sidious was so fast it was impossible to see him. The Luke we are using in this fight is that fast.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ShootingNova

@Baldy said:

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy:

What? Go ahead and prove that when they traded blows, they were moving faster than light. I'm betting you can't, because Black Bolt isn't that fast.

Luke doesn't move faster than light. His attacks are near the speed of light, if one can move at a relativistic speed they have the advantage.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said: 

This depends on your definition of "sub-light".

My definition is Star Wars' definition; that is to say, a significant fraction of light speed. 

For their speed, while this was not shown to be exact, Sidious has moved from roughly half the span of a spaceport (or perhaps more) in the time of a short conversation, though the exact speed isn't shown, just that he "appeared". Although this is off-topic, I do recall Palpatine creating a storm with his mere fury, though he remained calm, at least on the outside.

What events are you referring to here? 

To be exact, it was the "Bringer of Chaos"/"Entity of Chaos". You know who I'm talking about, from FotJ.

Not the same. Abeloth is not Chaos itself, and her title means very little to me. Beyond that, I am ignoring the Legacy era, because Luke in his prime is NJO Luke, not Legacy era Luke. 

What does your last point have to do with my post?

It has everything to do with it. You claimed that Luke was as fast as Palpatine because he could fight him. This was wrong.
Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Baldy

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:

My definition is Star Wars' definition; that is to say, a significant fraction of light speed.

1% of the speed of light for example is still over 6 million mph, I don't see Black Bolt moving that fast.

I think exact definitions in this case are irrelevant.

Avatar image for yourneighborhoodcomicgeek
YourNeighborhoodComicGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 15

Luke blitz Black Bolt.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Silver2467
@Baldy said:

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:

1% of the speed of light for example is still over 6 million mph, I don't see Black Bolt moving that fast.

I think exact definitions in this case are irrelevant.

Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor defined the sublight drives of starfighters (the measurements we are using here) as near-relativistic. Luke is incapable of running that fast, but his max combat speed (meaning the speed of his blows) approaches it. And with morals off, he has no reason to restrict his combat speed, as he has against many other opponents. Though I will point out that Luke has displayed considerable combat and reaction speed even while holding back. He has deflected blows from Palpatine, who possesses sublight combat speed; he has deflected fire from 128 stormtroopers at once; he has fought Yuuzhan Vong armies, Vong warriors themselves all being as superhumanly fast as Jedi; he has blitzed Nightsisters; he has blitzed Noghri; he has fought faster than Leia, who herself can deflect blaster bolts, run miles in seconds, and generate multiple blurring motions of her blade, can see; he has seen ships flying at sublight speeds in slow motion; he has moved faster than other Jedi, who are superhumanly fast, can track; he has reacted to turbolaser shots, which move at light speed; he has dodged/deflected blaster bolts from turrets, AT-STs, and AT-ATs; etc. Honestly, even while holding back, I think Luke could handle himself fine in the speed department (unless he was holding back profusely to the extent that he barely even drew on the Force, as he did in some cases during the Corellian trilogy, for instance, but that seems unlikely given that Luke was specifically holding back more than usual at that time).
YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By YouFinished

@Baldy said:

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy:

What makes you think BB isn't that fast? Both Thor, Gladiator and Vulcan have FTL combat feats and they were all serious fights. And he intercepted a solar flare that was about to annihilate Earth that's an FTL feat itself. He also defeated the Classic Sphinx, the same Sphinx who went toe-toe with Galactus and one shotted classic Terrax. I can provide scans if you like.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Mortein

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy said:

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy:

What makes you think BB isn't that fast? Both Thor, Gladiator and Vulcan have FTL combat feats and they were all serious fights. And he intercepted a solar flare that was about to annihilate Earth that's an FTL feat itself. He also defeated the Classic Sphinx, the same Sphinx who went toe-toe with Galactus and one shotted classic Terrax. I can provide scans if you like.

So Black Bolt is FTL? or at very least close to the light speed?

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By YouFinished

@Mortein:

FTL considering the feats.

jeanroygrant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By jeanroygrant

@Nefarious said:

BB says Hi.

LOL this.

Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mortein

@YouFinished said:

@Mortein:

And feats would be trading blows with Thor, Gladiator and similar characters?

wouldn't that make Hulk FTL as well?

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By YouFinished

@Mortein said:

@YouFinished said:

@Mortein:

And feats would be trading blows with Thor, Gladiator and similar characters?

wouldn't that make Hulk FTL as well?

I don't see your point. Black Bolt has on multiple occasion dealt with herald level beings, has the destructive capacity and durability to scale, has an FTL feat of his own, and has less jobber/bad-writing feats that say otherwise. Unlike the Hulk it should be safe to say he's FTL.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:My definition is Star Wars' definition; that is to say, a significant fraction of light speed.

Okay.

What events are you referring to here?

I'm referring to exactly what I said before, that Sidious did those things.

Not the same. Abeloth is not Chaos itself, and her title means very little to me. Beyond that, I am ignoring the Legacy era, because Luke in his prime is NJO Luke, not Legacy era Luke.

I know, I didn't say it was the same. As for ignoring the Legacy Era, I can understand your hate towards it, but simply ignoring it as a whole is not really the best thing to do...... its still canon. While I agree with you that Luke's prime was NJO, that's not a sufficient reason to totally ignore the Legacy era. Feats from said era can still be used.

It has everything to do with it. You claimed that Luke was as fast as Palpatine because he could fight him. This was wrong.

You were referring to the post with the scan, or what? Because it had nothing to do specifically with the post you quoted.

Even so, Luke as of NJO could still move to at least equal level with Palpatine.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ShootingNova

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy said:

@YouFinished said:

@Baldy:

Providing the scans is not proving what Baldy asked you to prove. He was asking you to prove that he could move at that speed. Just because he battled with a being who's demonstrated FTL doesn't necessarily equate to BB possessing that level of speed.

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MenaceForever2

Why do all the threads that have at least one non-comic book character get so poulaur....sigh

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said: 

I'm referring to exactly what I said before, that Sidious did those things.

I know that. I asked you when he did those things. 

I know, I didn't say it was the same. As for ignoring the Legacy Era, I can understand your hate towards it, but simply ignoring it as a whole is not really the best thing to do...... its still canon. While I agree with you that Luke's prime was NJO, that's not a sufficient reason to totally ignore the Legacy era. Feats from said era can still be used.

My personal feelings toward the series has nothing to do with my consensus on its use. There is no feasible way to exposit on Luke's powers in the Legacy era in anything resembling a linear fashion because Luke's powers in the Legacy era are all over the place. In some books, he can barely handle Lumiya, yet in others, he can overwhelm Abeloth and multiple Sith at once. There is no rhyme or reason for the disparities either, and that ruins any chance of properly utilizing that version of the character in battle threads. 

Providing the scans is not proving what Baldy asked you to prove. He was asking you to prove that he could move at that speed. Just because he battled with a being who's demonstrated FTL doesn't necessarily equate to BB possessing that level of speed.

The point is nonsense to begin with because none of the characters listed possess FTL combat speed. Gladiator has about one noticeably high combat speed feat from his fight with Hyperion; aside from that, I have seen him fail to react to significantly slower characters and neglect to use whatever supposed high combat speed he has repeatedly. Suggesting that Thor has FTL combat speed is beyond laughable. Thor couldn't even maintain pace with Quicksilver or even Wolverine when it came to fighting speed.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ShootingNova

@menaceforever said:

Why do all the threads that have at least one non-comic book character get so poulaur....sigh
Mortein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Mortein

@YouFinished said:

has an FTL feat of his own

can you show me this?

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:I know that. I asked you when he did those things.

In Last of the Jedi: Master of Deception

My personal feelings toward the series has nothing to do with my consensus on its use. There is no feasible way to exposit on Luke's powers in the Legacy era in anything resembling a linear fashion because Luke's powers in the Legacy era are all over the place. In some books, he can barely handle Lumiya, yet in others, he can overwhelm Abeloth and multiple Sith at once. There is no rhyme or reason for the disparities either, and that ruins any chance of properly utilizing that version of the character in battle threads.

Well, Abeloth isn't really supposed to be that much of a duelist anyways. And she could have been holding back, or Luke holding back, but I get your point.

The point is nonsense to begin with because none of the characters listed possess FTL combat speed. Gladiator has about one noticeably high combat speed feat from his fight with Hyperion; aside from that, I have seen him fail to react to significantly slower characters and neglect to use whatever supposed high combat speed he has repeatedly. Suggesting that Thor has FTL combat speed is beyond laughable. Thor couldn't even maintain pace with Quicksilver or even Wolverine when it came to fighting speed.

Yeah, I know. I was just telling him.

I recall somebody posting something about Thor entering Hyperspace......

MenaceForever2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By MenaceForever2

I mean comic book originated characters.

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Silver2467
@ShootingNova said: 

All right. Not really sure why you would make that your frame of reference though. Palpatine has plenty of better running speed feats than that. 

Pertaining to Luke holding back, I have offered (and maintain) that explanation before, not just for that era but for all of the eras he has appeared in, but the problem is that excuse would become tired very quickly in the Legacy era because there are too many inconsistencies to cover up. Sure, it could possibly make Legacy era Luke usable in battle threads, but it would complicate matters to the point of frustration.
ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By ShootingNova

@Silver2467 said:

@ShootingNova said:

All right. Not really sure why you would make that your frame of reference though. Palpatine has plenty of better running speed feats than that.

I dunno. It was probably a few seconds that was taken for the whole spaceport walking thing, and there was a large crowd (which was laughing at him).

Yeah, there are other feats he has shown of great scale too.

YouFinished

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By YouFinished

@ShootingNova said: .

How do you expect me to prove it without scans? And to battle beings with said speed does it not require said speed to even contend?

@Mortein said:

can you show me this?

Intercepting a solar flare before it could reach earth.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#77  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

Luke stomps Black Bolt before he could say a word.

ShootingNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By ShootingNova

@dccomicsrule2011 said:

Luke stomps Black Bolt before he could say a word.

Finally.

@YouFinished said:

How do you expect me to prove it without scans? And to battle beings with said speed does it not require said speed to even contend?

@Mortein said:

can you show me this?

I never said that you can't prove it without scans. Read my post again.

Baldy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Baldy

@YouFinished said:

@Mortein said:

can you show me this?

How is this an FTL feat?

Avatar image for elf_king_alberic
elf_king_alberic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow this is a really old topic but just let me chime in here about black bolts speed feats:

• Superhuman Strength: Black Bolt, like all Inhumans, is superhumanly strong. According to his bio, under normal circumstances, he is able to lift about 1 ton. However, he can augment his physical strength by channeling the necessary particle energy through his body. At his peak, he is able to lift up to 60 tons.
  • Superhuman Speed: Black Bolt can run and move at speeds that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete, as he has been able to catch directed miniature missiles even when attacked from below and unaware with ease, move at a speed so great he is invisible to the human eye, move at such a speed he can travel vast distances before a human can finish processing a thought, and has been able to catch and beat Quicksilver with ease. He can augment his speed to unknown level.

ie: for those wandering how fast he is, think about this quicksilver is so fast he can time travel, and black bolt easily caught him, and can even augment his speed to levels above this

• Superhuman Stamina: Black Bolt's Inhuman musculature generates less fatigue toxins than the musculature of a normal human, even the finest human athlete. At his peak, he can exert himself for several days before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him. He can augment his stamina to unknown as well as his other physical abilities with his powers.
  • Superhuman Durability: Black Bolt's body is incredibly resistant to all forms of physical damage. Black Bolt is resistant to great impact forces, such as falling from a height of several stories that would severely injure or kill a human being unharmed. He has been repeatedly struck by beings with vast superhuman strength such as Hulk, Namor, Gladiator etc. and remained unharmed. Black Bolt is capable of withstanding extreme temperatures, such as the cold in space without any discomfort, the heat from re-entry without any discomfort, and even the heat from a Solar Flare powerful enough to significantly damage the planet without any damage at all. Black Bolt can augment his durability to unknown limits.
  • Superhuman Agility: Black Bolt's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. He has shown inhuman and amazing maneuverability and agility in the air, capable enough of combating numerous air crafts, and dodging various projectiles from multiple directions. Black Bolt can augment his agility to unknown levels.
  • Superhuman Reflexes: Black Bolt's reflexes are beyond those of the finest human athlete, and he can augment his reflexes to unknown levels.
  • Superhuman Longevity: Like all Inhumans, Black Bolt has a natural lifespan that is at least twice the average lifespan of a human being.
Avatar image for New_World_Order
New_World_Order

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By New_World_Order