GR29 Tourney: cosmicallyaware1 VS. westfriesianman(voting)

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 46

#1  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Alrighty, now that the draft is out of the way, we can begin our glorious tournament. I picked names out of a hat(Quite literally) and that's who fights against who. Who ever can convince the voters to vote for them, that's who wins. Please, if your going to vote, make sure you don't change your mind like 20 times on this post. Also, you may or may not vote for your team. That's up to you.

Each team has had two years of working together and became the best hero/villain team in your universe. So now you know all teams will work well together.

Each team will get 25 minutes to prep, warm up, and analyze their situation. Each team will have full Intel of their enemy. Battle will take place in New York City, around 2 am at night. Each team starts off on a twenty story building, facing off one another. About ten feet apart. It's up to either team to make the first move. Battle is to Ko ordeath. Morals are off. No holding back on either side.

If you don't debate for your team, you are automatically dq'd from this tournament. You'll get time to do this, I'm not going to just rush this battles. But there'll be no excuse to not even try to argue for your team at least. Don't forget that most characters are limited to Hercules level of strength and wonder woman's level of speed. Amazo is only allowed to have up to five powers and his weaknesses

Battle 4:

cosmicallyaware1

vs,

westfriesianman

Let the battle begin!!!!!!!!!!!!

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westfriesianman: you may present your prep strategy if you like. here is mine:

*PREP*

- Fate teleports with Reed to Baxter Building to obtain tech. Items gathered include: neuro-stun gun (can shock and immobilize the nervous system of any living thing), a universal entropy gun (used to destroy a celestial) and an electric converter once used on magneto to contain and rechannel his power back on him...reed quickly recalibrates and modifies this to do the same thing to Black Bolt's voice AND energy manipulation powers. Reed duplicates 30 miniature versions of first two guns. (time elapsed = 10 min.)

- During Fate/Reed's absence = Engineer fabricates "nano-bugs" for team to utilize radio-telepathy.

-Fate and Reed return to group assemble. Reed leads intel meeting on opposing team, prior to leaving he has provided detailed holo vids of each opossing team's strength's and weaknesses. Engineer distributes radio-telepathy tech to team

No Caption Provided

- next, Engineer creates 30 duplicates of herself. Reed provides Engineer with duplicates of his tech weapons from Baxter building and Engineer integrates the offensive tech into her duplicates for utilization.

- Reed communicates with Engineer on specific tech designs for opponents weaknesses and his weapons specifications so Engineer can fabricate any tech needed during the battle. Reed has Engineer discuss the "door" capability she has access to, explain it to each member, and has every member connected with the Carrier through Radio Telepathy so every team member can use 'doors' and teleport if necessary (time elapsed = 20 min.)

- After briefing on intel on team, Fate prepares defensive and offensive spell checks through helmet's inventory (specifically for Strange)

- In the remaining 5 minutes Reed discusses mental strategies with Gladiator to ensure confidence never wavers (one of Reed's unused formulas devised and adapted after encounters with Gladiator previously. Reed originally had it developed for opposite effect after discovering nature of his powers). Reed informs Engineer to bolster Gladiator's confidence through radio-telepathy throughout battle for maximum eficiency so throughout this battle......gladiator's confidence remains at 100% and never waivers.

My team is now ready!!!! All prepped in!

GhostRider29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Okay. I will not be able to be on much tomorrow, so I will get this started.

* Opening argument/strategy *

- team is connected by radio telepathy. Fate is warned of danger of Polaris clones and Fate uses spell to transmute them similar to spell depicted in scan.

No Caption Provided

* beings in scan were all of a same race. seeing as clones are all duplicates of a same = similar scenario.

* no time elapse and Fate performed spell immediately with zero difficulty. Polaris clones caught off guard.

* seeing as in scan, bird creatures devolved to birds....spell reduces clones to base genetic material.

Next Fate quickly targets Strange. Unleashing spells and attacks similar like spells used in battle with Mordru (high level Mage in DCU)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

- Gladiator senses Wonder Woman's warrior strength and skills and speed blitzes her. He has proven to fight the likes of Thor to a standstill, tanked hits from Mjolnir (and blasts from it as well), broke Hyperions back, knocked wonderman into a planet, destroyed a planet, and harmed Silver Surfer. He ends up knocking Diana out after a long drawn out battle.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

(have more scans)

-Reed and Engineer (she has been equipped with version of the guns from prep) blasts Apocolypse and Sinister with universal entropy guns, effectively destroying them. The gun took out a celestial.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

* guns capability is designed to brach celestial armor, breaches Apocolypse's easily.

* multiple engineer clones firing solvos at the same time, too much multiple firepower for Sinister or Apocolypse to dodge or defend. at least one shot is getting through, and one shot is all it will take to work.

No Caption Provided

- other engineer clones, Vulcan, and Etrigan are facing Black Bolt and Dazzler. Engineer clones shoot both with Neuro stun ray and throw nervous systems into shock...slowing down reaction times and disabling them to a certain degree.

No Caption Provided

Vulcan diverts Dazzler's energy attacks

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

while etrigan delivers a knockout shot.

then engineer, Etrigan and Vulcan team up on black bolt.

Etrigan spews hellfire

No Caption Provided

while Vulcan manipulates Black Bolt's energy.

No Caption Provided

Engineer traps Black Bolt in Energy cone that she was equipped with by reed that was adapted from a tactic used on magneto.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

in summary:

* fate immediatley takes out polaris clones and then battles and imprisons/ko's strange.

* Gladiator battles WW to a KO

* Reed and Engineer clones multi attack Apocolypse and Sinister taking them out with celestial crippling tech guns.

* Engineer clones shoot Black Bolt and Dazzler with Neuro disruption ray, slowing them down.

* Vulcan diverts any offense from dazzler, and Etrigan KO's her.

* Etrigan spews hellfire at BB to distract while Vulcan attacks/manipulates his energy

*Engineer uses entrapment device on BB/energy cone feeds off his own power.

Game, set, match. I win.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Scans posted weird. Sorry if any confusion. I feel it was sloppy and I was not descriptive enough.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

Fantastic! Well, good try at least. Your opening strategy is essentially flawed from the beginning, sadly.

#1.) According to the OP : " Battle will take place in New York City, around 2 am at night. Each team starts off on a twenty story building, facing off one another. About ten feet apart. It's up to either team to make the first move"

and you stated :

Dazzler absorbs all the sound in the room. Fate cant cast any spell.

the Polaris clones work together to create a massive elecromagnetic pulse that renders all technology useless.

Do you see the flawed logic here? a.) we are not starting in a room, we are on the top of a building in open air, no walls. and b.) I have made the first move so Fate has easily casted the spell, and by showing in scan.....needed no prep or time do do so, it was instantanious....didn't need to speak/incant to cast spell, in fact Fate never does (character like Zatanna does, and your guy Strange does, but not Fate!) Fate does not need to speak to cast spells!

No Caption Provided

So this illustrates that my stated plan is effective, and does work like stated thus far.

Fate destroys Polaris clones as stated. Thus, there is no EMP, and Engineer clones are still in battle. it is occuring as I have stated.

I will reiterate my previously stated scenario will additional explanation and extra scans.

- Fate continues on without pause after defeating polaris clones (quite easily I might add) to defeat strange. This will be easy for him due to the fact that he has dispatched Mordru previously.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I am not going to debate points you raised seeing as it has been established that my team moves first and is the true reality on how battle goes. However i will post and comment more on Gladiator. some more on Gladiator :

(Gladiator possesses tremendous physical strength, the exact limits of which are unknown. He is one of the physically strongest beings to exist in the Universe as he has shattered planets with the mere force of his blows, and can collapse entire Stars with his level of strength.Gladiator is capable of moving at speeds in excess of light. He has used his speed to blitz Thor in one of their encounters. He has shown himself to be capable of flying through stars completely unharmed, and has actually withstood the explosive power of a supernova unharmed.Gladiator is capable of firing highly concentrated beams of energy from his eyes. These beams are capable of reaching extremely high temperatures. The maximum temperature his beams can reach is unknown but they can reach temperatures hotter than that of Stars as they were shown able to burn through Hulk's skin.)

http://www.comicvine.com/profile/thesilentghost/blog/respect-gladiator/84525/

gladiator respect thread, i'm not going to post every feat unless i have to. shows feats such as fight with thor, tanking hits from Mjolnir, fight witth FF, one shotting Vulcan due to him believing himself unbeatable, beating binary, breaking sue storm's forceshields, speed feats, durability feats, strength feats, breaking adamantium, beating Nova Prime, etc...etc....etc....

No Caption Provided

can also fight with an cosmically enhanced being in powerlevels such as Pheonix empowerment.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He is essentially Superman levels, and Superman levels trump Diana. Gladiator has his intention in on winning this and does.

No Caption Provided

I also stated in my prep that Glads confidence is unshaking and unwavering through out this, plus morals off due to OP and bloodlusted. There is NO WAY THAT HE CAN BE DEFEATED.

No Caption Provided

I will rip the rest of your flawed logic rebutall apart later, but I don't feel that is necessary due to already established that my proposal is how the battle will go.

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

@boschepg: right? i noticed that once we were listed together. ironic. how do you think it is going so far? no scan posting keeps getting messed up and need to be more structured and neat with my layout. I don't know how everybody else does it. I am experimenting though and will get it down pat eventually

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: dont do 1 pic at a time. You a puttting 1 pic at large format which takes up room. Save any pic to your harddrive and then select more then one and then click stack horizontally when the site asks you

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kidman560

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

#15  Edited By kidman560

@cosmicallyaware1: there are far to many words here! i hate words. (bump bump bump btw!)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Sovereign91001
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

thanks guys. Ok, so seeing as my opponent hasn't rebutted, I am going to provide more on why my strategy prevails.

- I've already established that Fate dispatches Polaris clones initially and quickly from the battle (transmutation spell....4th scan in) and takes Dr.strange out of the picture (epic battle and similar to fighting Mordru....one of highest end mages/magical beings in DCU). 1st scan shows high level magics/binding of Mordru. 2nd = defense and offensive capabilities. 3rd = defense/shields, also holding back entire JSA. 4th = stated above. 5th = teleporting self/battling nabu in amulet. 6th = teleporting self. 7th = entraping mordru in amulet, 1st battle when he was a noob. 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th = fight w/ mordru...illustrates defense/shields...containing mordru w/out prep

- Gladiator Vs. Wonder Woman will be an epic battle that will go back and forth. Gladiator he proven the high end feats to at least KO her. his belief in his power when unwavering makes him unbeatable, and has fought high end opponents (surfer, thor, hyperion, FF, etc...) granted WW is quite the warrior....but so is Gladiator. So if evenly matched enough, his Superman type powers give his the edge to get a win on Diana.

- as far as Reed using his universal entropy gun(s) to defeat Apocolyse and Sinister. It has been stated that he utilizes help from multiple engineer clones, creating a wide spread of fire so as to keep both on the defensive and not be able to formulate any attack. This will be needed so they cannot retaliate. Apocolypse heavily uses celestial tech and the gun is the perfect tool to take him out. Sinister has been shown to be easily damaged by blasts before, and he van heal/regen. He will not have the opportunity in this case.

-Vulcan has shown to easily be able to tank, manipulate, and defense against energy based attacks so Dazzler now matter what is ineffective here.

- as I stated, for etrigan to get in and deliver a shot on dazzler, it will for sure knock her out. we all know that, but here is a some scans of his punching efficiency.

- so for the multiple gang pile against Black Bolt, it is superiority in numbers. Vulcan easily diverts any of his attention enough (along with heavy barrage from Etrigan's hellfire) to deny the chance of his vaunted scream...he simply won't be able to lower defenses enough without getting knocked out. Utilizing the device Reed created to contain Black Bolt was almost unnecessary...but Reed always plays it safe and decided that was the best way to go in the prep....Reed has the utmost respect for BB due to their past and friendship. Here is the device in action against Magneto (keeping in mind that Reed altered it to work in a similar way on BB in the baxter building during prep. if doubted i show a pic of the baxter building to prove a.0 enough resources to do so and b.) reed's knowledge of BB makes it an easy feat coupled with his intellect)

so. In conclusion....... I claim victory.

I am ready for voting.

ShazamFan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By ShazamFan666

@cosmicallyaware1: I vote for you because you have shown feats that should be able to counter Westfriesanman's plans.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazamfan666: thank you. I do my best to be thorough. I have been reading comics for aloooong time. can you post the response in the main forum?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006: thanks man. Can you post in the main voting thread as well? That's where ghostrider29 reqested votes go also...

Btw....you did a good job! Look forward to having amatch with you!

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschePG: right you are sir. I jumped the gun in this case due to my opponents low level of participation and desire to keep momentum.

kotetsu454

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Although if I move on to the next round, the prospect of taking on vulcan with three lanterns on my team scares me I gotta vote @cosmicallyaware1

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ha! @kotetsu454: Thanks for the vote man, I appreciate it. i've already got a plan for your team, and am building scans. actually i am doing that for every person here, getting ready/building strategies and arguments/scans.............never hurts to be prepared. There are 3 teams and debaters that I am worried about, going to be VERY difficult to pull off a win against them IMO. gonna have to put some serious work in and really do some extra research!