GR29's High Level Tournament: Sovereign vs Darkseid (Voting)

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Sovereign91001

Each team has had two years of working together and became the best hero/villain team in your universe. So now you know all teams will work well together.

Each team will get 25 minutes to prep, warm up, and analyze their situation. Each team will have full Intelof their enemy. Battle will take place in New York City, around 2 am at night. Each team starts off on a twenty story building, facing off one another. About ten feet apart. It's up to either team to make the first move. Battle is to Ko or death. Morals are off. No holding back on either side.

If you don't debate for your team, you are automatically dq'd from this tournament. You'll get time to do this, I'm not going to just rush this battles. But there'll be no excuse to not even try to argue for your team at least. Don't forget that most characters are limited to Hercules level of strength and wonder woman's level of speed. Amazo is only allowed to have up to five powers and his weaknesses.

darkseid1006

vs.

sovereign91001

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sovereign91001
darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By darkseid1006

Ok this is my first battle against someone so lets get clear what are we allowed to do with our prep time?

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By darkseid1006

Also here's your intel on my team

AMAZO-nano-tech lets him mimic the powers of any he sees he also copies mental powers/abilities e.g.batmans mind

-his only weakness is the fact that he also mimics the weaknesses of those powers he mimics and he is limited to 5 in this

John Constantine-powerful magician good knowledge of magic and is also considered one if not the most potent trickster and prep master in comics

-No known weaknesses

Talisman-powerful sorceress

-No known weaknesses

Green Lantern-I really don't need to tell you all the abilities of a lantern ring

-Weakness yellow lanterns

Kang- no powers but a great array of future tech

-Not that I know of

Captain Atom- very powerful mastery over the quantum field

- no Known weaknesses

I expect full intel on your characters too

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Sovereign91001

@darkseid1006 said:

Ok this is my first battle against someone so lets get clear what are we allowed to do with our prep time?

Nothing that violates the rules you know like no time travel, transmutation or whatever.

I expect full intel on your characters too.

My characters are linked in the OP if you want information on them, but I suppose I could type out a brief rundown for my guys:

Binary

Powers: Energy absorbtion/manipulation/generation across the EM spectrum. Flight, Super Speed, Strength, Invulnerability, healing factor, cosmic awareness, danger sense.

Weakness: None to really speak off but if you managed to destroy or close the white hole that gives her, her powers she would revert back to Captain Marvel levels of power after she had expelled her current charge.

Nova

Powers: Holder of the entire Nova Force; Super Strength, durability, speed and healing factor. Can manipulate gravity and gravametric energy can absorb and manipulate most forms of energy. Access to the Worldmind; gives profiles on opponets, logistic support and helps regulate the Nova Force for Rider as well as improve his reaction time.

Weakness: None.

Rachel Grey

Powers: Omega level telepath(disabled for the tournament)/telekinetic. Holder of the Phoenix Force echo; enhances her mutant powers and grants her access to cosmic fire.

Orion

Powers: Enhanced senses, Healing factor, Super Strength, Speed and Durability. Controls the Astro Force.

Superman

Powers: Standard Kryptonian set.

Weakness: Kryptonite, Red Sunlight.

Fate (Jared Stevens)

Powers: Immunity to magic, healing factor, enhanced strength, speed and durability. Able to see through deception, illusions, disguises. Precognitive abilities. Teleportation. Chaos Arm.

Weakness: None

With that done I'll list my team's (standard) gear:

Binary: N/A

Nova: N/A

Rachel Grey: N/A

Orion: Motherbox, Astro-harness, wristbands, battle armor.

Superman: N/A

Fate: Vestments of Fate; Knife, Ankh's, armor, Cloak of destiny (in bandage form).

Prep

We only have 25 minutes of prep but that is more than enough time for my team to do what they need too in that time frame.

• Orion will boom tube to New Genesis and secure a set of Motherboxes for my team as well as a set of Aero disks for Fate.
  • Superman will gather his lead suit.
  • When he returns Binary will give him the equivalent of a sun-dip.
  • My team will attactch their mother boxes and Superman will put on his lead suit.

For the record this is the lead suit I am referring too:

No Caption Provided

With that my prep is done.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By darkseid1006

Ok my turn john con teleports to the house of mysteries where he makes a deel with three lords of hell to sell his soul but he tricks them because if he does by there own lore they must fight each other and that means hell would be to week to protect against gods army so all three lords of hell have no choice but to keep john alive(by the way in case you don't know he can do this he already has)

AMAZO looks at your intel and mimics all of you but superman

KANG he zips away and comes back with a anti-matter shield for everyone on my team if you need to no what more stuff he could give them just ask he's been to the future countless times and collected all sorts of tech

CAPTAIN ATOM prepares his quantum field powers to begin the fight

GL gets teleported by talisman and goes and gets a blue lantern ring as well

MY PREP IS DONE

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

heres how the battle goes
AMAZO takes on half your team (doesn't have to beet them just hold them off)
GL with a blue lantern ring completely destroys fate(jared Steven's then moves on to help any other battles)
JOHN CONSTANTINE will destroy superman due to empowerment by three lords of hell and superman's weakness to magic
CAPTAIN ATOM fights and wins to orion i have scans of him as to prove my point and if not GL helps and you lose this one
TALISMAN helps AMAZO in the fight against three of your team and with the help of KANG they win this one
your team down but please debate more this should be fun

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Sovereign91001

@darkseid1006:

Could you please tag me so I know when you respond, thanks. So shall we begin?

Ok my turn john con teleports to the house of mysteries where he makes a deel with three lords of hell to sell his soul but he tricks them because if he does by there own lore they must fight each other and that means hell would be to week to protect against gods army so all three lords of hell have no choice but to keep john alive(by the way in case you don't know he can do this he already has)

I know Constantine has done this but I sincerely doubt he can pull this feat off in less than twenty-five minutes. And you wouldn't be able to use the altered time properties of the House Of Mysteries as it violates the rules and would essentially be extending prep which we can't do.

AMAZO looks at your intel and mimics all of you but superman.

I'm pretty sure Amazo has to actually encounter the person/people he has in order to mimic their powers not just read information about them. So I doubt that will work in prep unless you can show otherwise.

KANG he zips away and comes back with a anti-matter shield for everyone on my team if you need to no what more stuff he could give them just ask he's been to the future countless times and collected all sorts of tech.

Yes but he can't time travel here so he's limited to what he has on hand, and please list the gear you are actually using instead of leaving it open eneded like that, I did you the same thing in that I listed all the gear my team has avaliable to them. It avoids problems later on.

GL gets teleported by talisman and goes and gets a blue lantern ring as well.

Has Talisman ever shown the capacity to teleport interstellar distances? Odym, (the home planet of the Blue Lanterns and the place Hal would have to go to get a ring) is in the Polaris Star Sytem and is about 430 light years from Earth and does Hal have any connections with the Blues where they'd be willing to let him borrow a ring?

The Battle

At the begining of the match I'll start with Binary draining the energy out of your anti-mattter shields and whatever energy based weaponry you brought with you. This shouldn't be any problem for her as she has high level draining feats, greater than even Quasar's Quantam Bands.

No Caption Provided

With his shields and weapons depleted Binary will utalize her gravataional abilities to crush Kang in his armor.

No Caption Provided

Fate will teleport across to Talisman, his immunity to magic and enhanced stats pretty much assure that she can't do anything to him.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

His knife and Ankh's though will cut through her easily as they are enchanted to be very effective against magic users. He should gut her fairly easily and remove her from the equation.

Rachel will go after Captain Atom her TK is developed to such a high level that she can fight Gladiator to a standstill

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

She can easily deal with any energy attacks he might throw at her like she did against Vulcan.

No Caption Provided

She can open a black hole inside Atom and take him apart that way.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Now that last showing was before she got the Echo, her TK should be correspondingly stronger and it should be equivalently stronger. Anyway a black hole in the chest should be more than enough to take Atom out of the equation.

Orion will go against AMAZO, the difference maker in this fight imo is Orion's Mother Box, it has a lot of applications including pretty high level technopathy, it can even merge with machines and overwrite their programing. And with advance knowledge on AMAZO and the sentience of Mother Box Orion will have a plan going in.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You'll notice even Darkseid is impressed. While this may seem like a simple feat it's speaks volumes to the capability of the Mother Box, that it could hack not only Apokyltian tech but Darkseid's tech. I'm sure you know that the New Gods tech is pretty much the most advance tech in the DCU and if Mother Box was able to hack Darkseid's tech, she should have no problem hacking and shutting down or even reprogramming A.M.A.Z.O even if that's not possible Motherbox can harness magnatism and it wouldn't be hard for her to deploy an EMP to override AMAZO's systems. If I rewrite A.M.A.Z.O's programming I can have him combat your team if not he's just out of commission, either way he should be down for the count.

Nova will go after Constantine, he'll blitz him at light speed, I still don't think you'll be able to pull off your immortality trick but even if you do, I can KO John and since he's not invulnerable I can sure as heck beat the stuffing out of him, he won't die but he won't be able to fight.

One clean shot from Nova at light speed should have him down pretty simply and is probablly overkill, if not I could hit him with a gravemetric pulse and have him weighing millions of tons so he'd be unable to fight as every bone in his body would be crushed under that weight.

No Caption Provided

Finally that leaves Superman against Hal, normally Superman has the strength to break Green Lantern constructs.

In this case Clark has been sundipped to jack up his power, he shouldn't have any problem breaking Hal's constructs and knocking him out.

That'll do it for me.

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sovereign91001

@darkseid1006 Oh I see you posted before I posted my post.

AMAZO takes on half your team (doesn't have to beet them just hold them off)

Any one member of my team can do what I said Orion can do in my post above with a Mother Box, she is sentient so your plan falls apart right here already. But just for argument sake I'll have Nova take on AMAZO, the Worldmind and a Motherbox working together should be more than enough power to take out AMAZO.

GL with a blue lantern ring completely destroys fate(jared Steven's then moves on to help any other battles)

Fate is highly invulnerable and he has a Motherbox that grants him a high level healing factor, his knives can cut through constructs easily as has been the case in his battle with Alan Scott. And I still brought up a point about the aquisition of a Blue Ring.

JOHN CONSTANTINE will destroy superman due to empowerment by three lords of hell and superman's weakness to magic.

Superman doesn't have a weakness to magic so much as he's not as invulnerable to it as he is other forms of trauma, frankly it's a bit overstated but in any case Constantine will have to hit Superman first, Clark is a good deal faster and there isn't a reason I can't speedblitz you. I still don't buy that you can pull that trick off in twenty-five minutes.

CAPTAIN ATOM fights and wins to orion i have scans of him as to prove my point and if not GL helps and you lose this one.

Go ahead and bring 'em. I will say Orion fights against Darkseid reguarlly and has enough power to KO Superman in one hit, I'm curious as to what you think Atom can bring to the table that would be a difference maker in this fight. Green Lantern will have his hands full with Fate.

TALISMAN helps AMAZO in the fight against three of your team and with the help of KANG they win this one.

Binary will just do what I said in my earlier post; drain the energy out of all of your weapons/gear then gravity crush Kang. Rachel has more than enough TK power to one shot Talisman.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: ok I can't do that thing you do because I'm on phone but

So ok if Rachel grey can open a black hole

Inside of you then I can do the same to any of your team

John con is not using time manip because where he's going there is no time to manip so he could pull of the trick and if not he just tricks two and I think he pulls this of in 25 mins

Ill post a scan next time I'm on but cap had the power to defeat nekron by draining him of energy of quantum energy if he can do that to him Orion should pose no difficulty

GL with blue lantern ring was able to pretty much stop the red lantern threat he will take fate pretty easily and if not ill post a scan of Hal splitting atoms to create a atom bomb he could do that with fates atoms and you have no chance to that

And as for you saying what binary can do AMAZO will be able to block that because he can use your powers to your full ability so he can face at least three of your team because even without the mother box he can use them all at the same time to there full capability can hold you of taking out at least one in the prosses

And I think talisman can take Rachel or hold out for a bit and without binary being able to drain my weapons because she's being resisted Kang uses that thing that increases targets weight like he did on Thor to make him way half a planet

Also here's a list of the tech kang shall be using

All armour capabilities that do not include time manip

The full KANGS fortress tech that isn't time manip

All his offensive tech

All his shield tech

And without you being able to drain them he is very potent e.g.he could paralysis most members of your team with his paralysis gun and even without his shield KANGS armour was able to take a full on blow from Thor's hammer

Ill post scans soon

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyway since johns already going to the leader of hell he only needs to sell his soul to one other lord of hell and he asks for all his powers increased to tremendous levels in return and then they also have to keep John alive he could sell his soul to a lord of hell in less than 25 mins

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkseid1006:

So ok if Rachel grey can open a black hole, Inside of you then I can do the same to any of your team.

You failed to address my claim that AMAZO wouldn't have my teams powers off the bat. Again you claim that from full knowledge AMAZO somehow will gain my team's powers, essentially from reading a piece of paper, now I know AMAZO's defult with is the Justice League's big 7, from those you're allowed to pick 5 according to our T.O. From my understanding you wouldn't be able to add anymore than those five as it would put you over the limit. In any case your going to have to show the version of AMAZO you chose being able to assimilate powers before encountering the individual in question and I don't mean from his default powers I mean other sources, otherwise that claim doesn't hold water.

John con is not using time manip because where he's going there is no time to manip so he could pull of the trick and if not he just tricks two and I think he pulls this of in 25 mins

I'm sorry I still don't buy it, but in any case like I said in my last post Immortal =/= invulnerable, and Superman should have no problem blitzing him far faster than Constantine can defend himself or attack Superman. He may not be able to kill him but he can KO/disable him.

I'll post a scan next time I'm on but cap had the power to defeat nekron by draining him of energy of quantum energy if he can do that to him Orion should pose no difficulty.

I'm actually familiar with that battle and have used the scans in a couple battles previosuly but I don't see how it is relevent to a fight with Orion; the battle took place on the Astral Plane against a being composed of energy which Orion isn't composed off. Or were you implying that Atom will have no problem handling blasts of Orion's Astro Force? Well he does have full knowledge and Orion has no problem going hand to hand with some of DC's heavyweights including Darkseid, Superman and Kalibak. So Atom isn't going to steamroll him physically.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The other thing to consider is that Atom has a vulnerability in that while he can absorb almost limitless energy if his rate of absorbtion is exceeded he involuntarily quantum jumps, this is something Orion would note and could use to force Atom to Quantam jump. The best example of that is in Superman/Batman where he contains an exploding Major Force who had enough energy to 'decimate Tokyo'

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

That was enough energy to send him over to the Wildstorm Universe. The stress of those forced jumps are enough to rupture his containment suit as when he jumped to the Wildstorm Universe or severely deplete his durability as was the case when he jumped back to the DCU.

Orion should have no problem generating in excess of that energy the Astro Force has been noted as having the power to shatter planets.

No Caption Provided

If he wanted to Orion could force Orion to quantam jump by just blasting him with a large scale blast of the Astro Force essentially knocking him out that way. Should Atom resort to energy blasts, Orion's Astro Force can deflect the energy as he did in his fight with Darkseid's Omega Effect (I posted that above) or in this fight with Kalibak.

No Caption Provided

Lastly Mother Box can manipulate and reshape energy so he shouldn't have a problem dealing with whatever Atom throws at him. (I'll post a feat for that a little further down in this post)

GL with blue lantern ring was able to pretty much stop the red lantern threat he will take fate pretty easily and if not ill post a scan of Hal splitting atoms to create a atom bomb he could do that with fates atoms and you have no chance to that

I'm not doubting Hal's prowess with a ring, I am however doubting he can obtain a blue ring in the first place, a question you sidestepped by telling me how powerful he is. In case you missed it before here it is again:

Has Talisman ever shown the capacity to teleport interstellar distances? Odym, (the home planet of the Blue Lanterns and the place Hal would have to go to get a ring) is in the Polaris Star Sytem and is about 430 light years from Earth and does Hal have any connections with the Blues where they'd be willing to let him borrow a ring?

As for Fate tanking a nuclear explosion first off Hal's going to have a hell of a time hitting him, he can teleport.

No Caption Provided

Secondly he (like every person on my team) has a mother box which grants him a high level healing factor, on top of his normal one and like I talked about earlier Motherbox can manipulate and reshape energy.

No Caption Provided

So combined with his invulnerability Fate should be able to handle whatever Hal throws at him. Motherbox will reassemble his atoms and reshape the energy of Hal splitting an atom, meanwhile he is free to counterattack like he did against Alan Scott. He already has experience fighting someone with similar powers and he handled himself just fine then.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And as for you saying what binary can do AMAZO will be able to block that because he can use your powers to your full ability so he can face at least three of your team because even without the mother box he can use them all at the same time to there full capability can hold you of taking out at least one in the prosses

Again you ignore what I said. As for AMAZO using my team's powers I already addressed that and putting that aside for a moment I'm curious how he will 'block that' how do you block energy drain?

I don't know where this idea that AMAZO can handle three members of my team came from, you haven't shown he can handle one, let alone three. And like I said Nova's Motherbox and Worldmind should easily be able to hack and shut down AMAZO in any case, so I suppose it's a moot point.

Worldmind has been able to hack S.H.I.E.L.D and the Anihilation Wave before and both Worldmind and Mother Box are far more advanced than anything AMAZO has at his disposal and combined together they should have absolutlely no problem disabling AMAZO.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And I think talisman can take Rachel or hold out for a bit

How? What's stopping Rachel from using her TK to crush her or incinerate her in cosmic fire?

And without binary being able to drain my weapons because she's being resisted Kang uses that thing that increases targets weight like he did on Thor to make him way half a planet

Did you miss the scan I posted with Carol manipulating gravity? What in the world is a below planetary level gravity weapon going to do to someone who can manipulate gravity on a star level? In any case that would be an energy weapon and Binary could still drain it dry.

Also here's a list of the tech kang shall be using

All armour capabilities that do not include time manip. The full KANGS fortress tech that isn't time manip. All his offensive tech. All his shield tech.

Which is what exactly, what gear does he have, how much? You still haven't listed a single item besides a paralyzing gun and a gravity manipulator.

And without you being able to drain them he is very potent

You haven't shown that he can do anything to stop her from draining him dry.

e.g.he could paralysis most members of your team with his paralysis gun and even without his shield KANGS armour was able to take a full on blow from Thor's hammer

If Carol can't breach his armor with a gravity crush she can use her energy projectio to incinerate his armor or at the very least raise the tempature to the point that he boils alive inside it.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

As you saw she can easily atomize a city sized space ship.

That'll do it for me on this post.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: yeah I can't win I know I have to try though due to not being able to put up no argument as GR said so here it goes

AMAZO is the one from JLU who has no preset powers I can copy any 5 from a battle so I do belive he could take two of your team using your own powers and since he can't get them from paper I just get them the second I start the battle

And when john sells his soul to another lord of hell he does it for tremendouse power as to allow him to nearly wipe out your team with the power of the devil and wich brings me to the fact with rachel using AMAZO I would create a black hole inside her and kill her I also strongly belive that captain atom could take Orion also captain atom has manipulated the quantum field at such a high level he was able to create his own universe make his own superheroes in it and then destroy it with this control there's nothing to stop him creating superheroes to attack you and just stand back ill post a scan when I can on AMAZO being hacked I highly doubt it if it was possible it would have been tried and it would have succeeded countless times but since it hasn't there's nothing to prove he can be hacked (and to be honest I know I can't win my team might be able to but with me it can't)talisman was able to summon the spirit of space and time in a couple of mins once she could do the same with the spirit of death in her prep and just let him do his thing and kill you also if KANGS 40th century tech and shields can be absorbed wouldn't thor have already done it many times instead of failing to try and smash his shields because in all seriousness there is absolutely no way to stop energy absorbtion if GL gets a blue ring I have no doubt he will be able to take on fate and he got one to fight the red lantern corps couldn't he do the same again if he can't get one this makes it a lot more difficult

So I don't belive I can win but that's it also can you show me a scan that suggests Orion actually has any access to more more mother boxes please I don't doubt you just trying to win here

And with the spirit of death and a devil empowered john con a AMAZO with all but supermans powers from your team a GL with blue ring (possibly) could take your team down

PS I AM REALY SORRY ABOUT MY CURRENT LACK OF SCANS

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#14  Edited By boschePG

@darkseid1006: you are doing fine. Scans arent as important as people make them out to be.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: and I just thought o something better john con already has all three lords of hell protecting his ass so all I need to do is design something that means when/if he's knocked out his heart stops and before he dies he has to get revived that is if the lords don't protect him against his enemies from the start

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sovereign91001

AMAZO is the one from JLU who has no preset powers I can copy any 5 from a battle so I do belive he could take two of your team using your own powers and since he can't get them from paper I just get them the second I start the battle

What's the range of his absorption? My team would make sure to stay out of his range at the start of the battle (this would be covered by full knowledge), if he has no powers I don't know what's stopping Nova from taking him out right in the beginning of the match, or stay right outside the range of his absorption by floating in the air; even if A.M.A.Z.O could fly or whatever I haven't seen his defense from cyber warfare from high level tech.

And when john sells his soul to another lord of hell he does it for tremendouse power as to allow him to nearly wipe out your team with the power of the devil and wich brings me to the fact with rachel using AMAZO I would create a black hole inside her and kill her

That seems like conjecture on your part about Constantine, I'm also pretty certain utilizing the power of a Hell Lord is above the limits, I'm positive I wouldn't have been able to use Black Heart, Mephisto, Dormammu, etc. Why would you be able to use the equivalent power in DC? As for A.M.A.Z.O, he'd have to get past Nova first and then catch her to get into range to mimic her powers and somehow stop Worldmind and Mother Box from taking him out. I don't see it.

I also strongly belive that captain atom could take Orion also captain atom has manipulated the quantum field at such a high level he was able to create his own universe make his own superheroes in it and then destroy it with this control there's nothing to stop him creating superheroes to attack you and just stand back ill post a scan when I can

I am familar with that scan set, I actually used it in my first high level tournament and it ended up costing me the match in the third round against @mr_ingenuity. Here it is actually (in reverse order):

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It was pointed out to me (and rightfully so) that Atom has never shown anywhere close that level of power outside of the Quantam Zone, except as Monarch (who is way above the limits of this tournament) and he has never once brought an opponent into the Quantam Zone to battle. It is essentially like placing the Phoenix in the White Hot Room and trying to use that power in a debate. If memory serves Captain Atom also stated he wouldn't use his power in such a manner again. Besides creating a Universe or poofing people into existence would fall under Reality Warping which would be banned.

on AMAZO being hacked I highly doubt it if it was possible it would have been tried and it would have succeeded countless times but since it hasn't there's nothing to prove he can be hacked

To be fair I don't think the A.M.A.Z.O from JLU has ever encountered technology on the level of the Xandarian Worldmind or New Genesis level tech with the capacity to take him down, he's a machine and both the World Mind and Mother Box have shown that they can interface with technology before, there isn't anything to suggest they wouldn't be able to now. As for why he isn't dealt like that, it more than likely has to do with plot reasons, it'd be somewhat anticlimatic for when the JL encounter him instead of having the big 7 try to pound on him. I mean why not call Captain Atom and have him generate a super powerful EMP? But that's beside the point.

Talisman was able to summon the spirit of space and time in a couple of mins once she could do the same with the spirit of death in her prep and just let him do his thing

She, Death is a female in the Marvel Universe. I'm curious why you think Talisman would be able to control the spirit of Death when Thanos (who killed an entire Universe for her) wasn't able to get her to talk to him? I doubt she knows how to summon Death (other than the obvious way of killing something) and I highly doubt she could get Death to do anything she doesn't want to do, I know she has some measure of control over spirits but I'm doubtful she can control Death. I'm also pretty sure summoning abstracts like Death is far above this tournaments limits. Besides backtracking and changing your prep after the fact is one of those unwritten rules on the battle forum, it's frowned upon, and weakens your argument.

Anyway Death would likely ignore Talisman.

can you show me a scan that suggests Orion actually has any access to more more mother boxes

Mother Boxes aren't a particularlly rare technology on New Genesis, every single one of the New Gods has one and they've been known to lend them out; Light Ray lent his to Orion before and Orion used the power of two at the same time, Superman was given one from Oberon for his second fight with Doomsday.

No Caption Provided

I even believe Batman recieved one from Scott Free before. Orion is held in very high regard by New Genesis he is veiwed as their fiercest, most skilled fighter, he is High Father's adopted son, and the inventor of the Mother Box (Himon) is his Father-in-law. it wouldn't be hard for him to use his connections with New Genesis to gather a few Mother Boxes for his allies.

if KANGS 40th century tech and shields can be absorbed wouldn't thor have already done it many times instead of failing to try and smash his shields because in all seriousness there is absolutely no way to stop energy absorbtion

A combination of CIS and the fact that a lot of Thor fights tend to involve the mentality of 'swing hammer = win' and if that doesn't work 'swing hammer harder =win' Mjolnir has about a dozen abilities but how often does Thor use most of them? (I'm sure this'll anger some of the Thor fans out there) I have nothing against him, but he's not known as the smartest fighter out there and by that I mean the smartest applications for his abilities, probably because he's so powerful.

if GL gets a blue ring I have no doubt he will be able to take on fate and he got one to fight the red lantern corps couldn't he do the same again if he can't get one this makes it a lot more difficult

...I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here. You haven't acknowledged a single thing I've said about this match up, all I've heard so far is how powerful the Blue/Green combination is. I still haven't seen anything to suggest he can get a Blue Ring in the 25 minutes, you've haven't had a single counter for Fate's experience in fighting someone of similar powers in Alan Scott or that Hal is going to have trouble hitting him as he can teleport.

and I just thought o something better john con already has all three lords of hell protecting his ass so all I need to do is design something that means when/if he's knocked out his heart stops and before he dies he has to get revived that is if the lords don't protect him against his enemies from the start

I don't understand what that means but in any case if I KO Constantine, he's out of the fight or you know I could have Superman disable his body to the point where he can't move or cast spells.

I feel like I've about reached the end of where I can go with this debate; I'm happy with my case and I think I've supported my position fairly well. I'm ready to go to votes now, do you want to make a closing post or are you ready to go to votes?

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oceanmaster21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

this was a gokd debate let me know when voting happens

dorukesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

john and clark ma mans

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

nice job guys.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: @oceanmaster21: @cosmicallyaware1: @dorukesin: @sovereign91001: ok this is my closing comment after this we can go to votes AMAZO gains powers on sight so if your planning on fighting my team without looking at them go ahead also he would take the traits of the world mind so he can resist also he went across the universe copieing powers and to all different worlds until he became a god and your saying not one of them had advanced tech personally that's enough to convince me it can't be done

And john Constantine already has three lords of hell keeping him alive so instead all he has to do is make it so when he goes unconscious his body instantly starts decaying then the hell lords revive him and have to heal his body in the prosses also john can create projection circles where he can not be harmed inside and while he's in here he casts the turnabout curse (meaning any damage inflicted on him will bounce right back onto them

On the captain atom thing maybe that would not work but captain atom took on martian manhunter and Dr Fate at the same time so that shows he has power enough to at least put a good fight up to Orion

IF he could get a blue ring he stands a chance however I doubt there a popular product that can be obtained in 25 mins so yeah but GL could aways split apart your atoms and win and on the other hand fate throws a knife and it kills GL so I'm willing to stalemate here

Fair enough but talisman could summon very deadly other spirits to that could give you a run for your money also she could just fire one of the blasts she used to shatter the human torch or incinerate a alternate reality Thor

KANG we still don't know if his shields can be absorbed or any of his tech and since he's faced people who can absorb and not attempted to I'm leaning towards the fact it can't and he has his depowerimg beam that drained wonder man he can do the same with binary if need be

That's all I have to say we can go to votes

Sovereign91001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Sovereign91001
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001: I think we are supposed to vote on that thread that GR29 put up, I just posted a vote spot/comment for mine on there.

cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sovereign91001@darkseid1006 : but anyway guys, excellent job to the both of you. darkseid if this is your first like you said...good job! (my first battle ever was against beatboks1.....ouch). However my offical vote is for Sovereign91001 in this battle.

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cosmicallyaware1: @sovereign91001: thanks you did well

Unfortunately it was a little too well for my licking

And thanks again cosmi I thought I did reasonable-ish

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mr_ingenuity  Moderator
boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@sovereign91001: @darkseid1006:

Darkseid, you did a good job.I think where you lacked is in some areas that I will state.

1-Alot of your prep and beginning of battle focused more on what each of your members can do to prep by themselves. The blue lantern rings, Constantine to Hell. It would have been more efficient to have everyone prep in your House of Magic.

2- I hear Constantine is a uber prepper but I didnt get a good connection of what Hell Lords/demons he was getting this power boost from. How powerful they where. It was like if I said I have Reed Richards and he made a gun. It sounds like he just made a regular gun when we all know he can make a gun that opens black holes and stuff like that

3- I believe Captain Atom's shell would get cracked by Orion as it was stated

My winner goes to Sovereign

darkseid1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: thanks next battle ill make sure I do it this way see how it plays out