Gorr vs Thor rematch.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mjolnirson

Gorr at full power vs Destroyer armour Thor in warrior madness with Jarnbjorn and Mjolnir.

Rules:

No prep.

No morals.

Bloodlusted on.

Winner by death or K.O.

Place:

Dead earth.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By uugieboogie

Thor as a skyfather couldn't beat him

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

uugieboogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By uugieboogie

@uugieboogie: so he loses again?

Yeah pretty much. Both Thor & Superman couldn't beat him I don't think

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr already beat King Thor. He wins again.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

Why wouldn't Thor just behead him with Jarnbjorn? That axe can one-shot Celestials, so it's not like Gorr is just going to tank it.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NighThunder

@saren: How durable were the celestials it beheaded?

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By Claymore1998

@saren: wasn't the enchantment specific to celestial ?

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: well depends of the weapon i mea Jarnbjorn was hurting Galactus but nothing like the necro sword.

@saren: How durable were the celestials it beheaded?

it was Exitar.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: @mjolnirson: Exitar huh. How durable was he?

Given Gorr manhandled sky-father level thor plus 2 others should mean he should beat all thors bar rune king.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27:hell yeah!!! that is the awesomest image of Thor i ever seen. Hope that dont bother you, actually dont know how to send messages jaja can i use it?

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Apocalypse3

Gorr.

Kingant27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mjolnirson: Of course you can, it took me a long time to find that image, lol.

mjolnirson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kingant27: jajaja thank and good search.

@nighthunder: Well exitar is the more warrior of the celestials, he is the exterminator... i think that he is the third or fourth more powerful celestial. Tiamut, OAA, Scathan, Exitar, the others.

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

roronuffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr beat every god/sky father in existence including three Thors at the same time... I think this is a stomp

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Gorr.

RealityWarper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Thor dies again.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr.

Jmarshmallow

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thor

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: @mjolnirson:

In that case, it’s basically like a child with a axe vs a adult with a sword. The childs weapon can one shot the adult, but due to the face he’s so inferior to the adult physically, he has no chance of winning

Thors the child

Gorr’s the adult.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In that case, it’s basically like a child with a axe vs a adult with a sword. The childs weapon can one shot the adult, but due to the face he’s so inferior to the adult physically, he has no chance of winning

Thors the child

Gorr’s the adult.

That doesn't make any sense. Thor never had any trouble striking Gorr. If he wanted to hit him in the face with his hammer, then he did so, repeatedly. Gorr was too powerful for those blows to have any effect, but he did not dodge or block them. In this case, if Gorr gets hit by the axe, which he has shown no ability to avoid, he will die, and Thor has repeatedly demonstrated that landing blows on Gorr is not something he has difficulty doing.

Avatar image for mohammed_alg_92
mohammed_alg_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

the god butcher

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NighThunder

@saren said:

@nighthunder said:

Thors the child

Gorr’s the adult.

That doesn't make any sense. Thor never had any trouble striking Gorr. If he wanted to hit him in the face with his hammer, then he did so, repeatedly. Gorr was too powerful for those blows to have any effect, but he did not dodge or block them. In this case, if Gorr gets hit by the axe, which he has shown no ability to avoid, he will die, and Thor has repeatedly demonstrated that landing blows on Gorr is not something he has difficulty doing.

When Gorr get's serious, he does try to dodge blows from thor.

No Caption Provided

To say Gorrs going to simply stand there and take hits from a weapon he knows that can kill him would be absolute ludicrous.

Gorr's already fought a young thor with Jarnbjorn, and has parried his attacks and leaped away from them after being hit

And of course, He's taken hits from the weapon before as-well as disarmed thor. All in one fight.

Thor gets beaten silly.

Freefa11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A rematch? Didn't Thor end up fighting Gorr several times in those arcs already?

I haven't seen the more recent issues with Jarnbjorn, but when it is first enchanted, the enchantment is specifically designed to pierce Celestial Armor. So it's basically like a big kryptonite axe for Celestials. Unless it has other feats of cleaving through characters as tough as Gorr, I would think it wouldn't be any more effective than the first time Thor fought him with it.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nighthunder: In that same fight, Thor repeatedly slams his hammer into Gorr's face hard enough to crack nearby planets from the sheer force of it, and young Thor tagged Gorr as well. I don't know why you're posting scans of Gorr getting tagged by Thor, even if only tagged once, when the whole point of this line of thought is that Gorr would only need to get struck once to lose. In which of Gorr's fights with Thor did he emerge untouched throughout?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: The point im trying to make is Goor fought thor with jarnbjorn before and won. Thors first insticnt isn't to go for decapitation, and even if it was, Gorrs shown the ability to dodge thors attacks when he needs to.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@freefa11 said:

A rematch? Didn't Thor end up fighting Gorr several times in those arcs already?

I haven't seen the more recent issues with Jarnbjorn, but when it is first enchanted, the enchantment is specifically designed to pierce Celestial Armor. So it's basically like a big kryptonite axe for Celestials. Unless it has other feats of cleaving through characters as tough as Gorr, I would think it wouldn't be any more effective than the first time Thor fought him with it.

Didn't young thor cut off gorrs arm in god of thunder #5? Wasn't he also pierced by regular arrows and swords from asgardians? I haven't read the series so I could be wrong.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: The point im trying to make is Goor fought thor with jarnbjorn before and won. Thors first insticnt isn't to go for decapitation, and even if it was, Gorrs shown the ability to dodge thors attacks when he needs to.

Jarnbjorn was only ever a one-shot kill type weapon after Thor's fight with Apocalypse. Before that, it was just another Asgardian axe. Not sure how Gorr beating kid Thor from a thousand years ago is relevant to current Thor being able to tag him when he wants. It's quite frankly ridiculous that you're arguing that Gorr can dodge Thor's attacks "when he needs to" by posting a scan of Gorr dodging one blow in a fight where Thor whaled on him repeatedly. Did he not need to dodge Thor's attacks when Thor was slamming him in the face so hard he had to stop because it was going to destroy a nearby world? There are no morals and active bloodlust in this fight, so even setting aside Thor's typical behavior with an axe, which I have no idea how you divined, here he is practically mandated to go for killing strikes right off the bat, and I doubt Thor does not know cutting off someone's head will lead to their death. Or slicing them in half, or whatever. Has Gorr ever shown the ability to dodge every single attack Thor throws his way? Because, again, Thor only needs one hit to slice him in half.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@saren: how did the thors beat gorr then? Everyone says that he beat them, I'm very confused by this storyline...

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: how did the thors beat gorr then? Everyone says that he beat them, I'm very confused by this storyline...

Plot device called Annihilablade the All-Black Necrosword. No, I am not joking, and yes, a writer who is paid for his writing thought that was a good name.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@saren: that's the full name of the necrosword? And I guess that explains it, did they disarm him or something?

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saren: that's the full name of the necrosword? And I guess that explains it, did they disarm him or something?

It was the thing that was powering Gorr. Thor took it away and killed him with it.

thedailybagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thedailybagel  Moderator  Online

@saren: Ahhh, ok. Thanks for that. Would you say the story's worth a read?

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By NighThunder

@saren:

Jarnbjorn was only ever a one-shot kill type weapon after Thor's fight with Apocalypse.

According to information posted on this thread, Jarnbjorn was simply augmented to pierce celestial armor, meanwhile, Gorr has taken hits from skyfather thor, and was even blasted lightyears away, and wasn't killed. Albeit Gorr can still be cut.

Not sure how Gorr beating kid Thor from a thousand years ago is relevant to current Thor being able to tag him when he wants

I can use the exact same line of logic your using here. Gorr's been shown to tag thor whenever he wants, and has beaten three thors at the same time. Parrying his attack and then one beating him shouldn't be out of question.

It's quite frankly ridiculous that you're arguing that Gorr can dodge Thor's attacks "when he needs to" by posting a scan of Gorr dodging one blow in a fight where Thor whaled on him repeatedly

I used the scan to support the fact Gorr has the ability to avoid attacks from thor. Meanwhile Gorr beat thor in that fight, so saying thor " whaled" on him in that fight ( something he didn't even do, he managed to hit Gorr a few times and was then dominated), is absolutely ridiculous.

Did he not need to dodge Thor's attacks when Thor was slamming him in the face so hard he had to stop because it was going to destroy a nearby world?

I'm referring to Gorrs fight with young thor. The scene your referencing, I believe this one?

No Caption Provided

They were fighting incredibly close up, so of course thor managed to hit him. Not to mention the entire time the fight was going on, Gorr was attacking him for the inside,as-well as tanking his shots. Literally a few pages after this, Gorr dodges one of his hits.

here are no morals and active bloodlust in this fight, so even setting aside Thor's typical behavior with an axe, which I have no idea how you divined, here he is practically mandated to go for killing strikes right off the bat, and I doubt Thor does not know cutting off someone's head will lead to their death

Of course. Though you act As if Gorr is entirely incapable of parrying his hits or dodging, while thor is going to simply walk up to him, and cleave him in half. Something thats not the case here.

Or slicing them in half, or whatever. Has Gorr ever shown the ability to dodge every single attack Thor throws his way? Because, again, Thor only needs one hit to slice him in half.

Of course not, But he has shown the ability to block, dodge, parry ect. Saying thor will end in this in one hit is absolutely wrong, when Gorr can simply avoid,parry it or block and then proceed to beat thor. Another thing, when has thor successfully beaten an opponent with both mjlonir and jarnbjorn. I'm not sure if the OP realizes this, but using both weapons at the same time will put thor at a disadvantage here, given its extremely un-practical.

And have you even considered the fact that Gorr is full capable of dis-arming thor?

No Caption Provided

The fight's most definitely not going down the way you describe it to.

Avatar image for justicethorpsylocke
justicethorpsylocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gorr. He soloed King Thor w/Mjolnir, Thor w/Mjolnir, and Young Thor w/Jarnbjorn

So lowering the numbers and giving Thor the Destroyer does literally nothing

zr0c00l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points