This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xmenhulk (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverine and the X-men #15

Goro

Morals - Off fight to the death 
                                                           No prep random encounter 
                                                           Location- Otherworld 
                                                           Who wins and why?
#2 Posted by TERMINATOR1000 (1203 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast very easily.

I wanna say Goro because I like him alot more though.

#3 Posted by terry2012 (4757 posts) - - Show Bio

@TERMINATOR1000: I can agree to that. Probably because of beast speed and his mind.

#4 Posted by Bo88gdan (4393 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast 

#5 Posted by imbackwimps (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

beast easy

#6 Posted by Triple_J (46 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure beast is a 25 tonner. One hit should ko Goro. Don't think he's ever faced someone that strong

#7 Posted by krilling (2488 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro is a weener. Beast would make him humble.

#8 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro rips Beast's limbs off and beats him with them. Beast has no chance here...literally.

#9 Posted by nick_hero22 (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

Goro rips Beast's limbs off and beats him with them. Beast has no chance here...literally.

How so when Beasts is like a 10-15 tonner along with other superhuman attributes and a level 4 fighter.

#10 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22: MK has no strength chart akin to Marvel or DC, but Goro has shown considerable strength such as crushing cars, skill by being an undefeated champion for 9 earth generations, as well as having superhuman durability and endurance.

Anything Beast throws at him, Goro can take and/or counter and throw back at him harder.

#11 Posted by nick_hero22 (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22: MK has no strength chart akin to Marvel or DC, but Goro has shown considerable strength such as crushing cars, skill by being an undefeated champion for 9 earth generations, as well as having superhuman durability and endurance.

Anything Beast throws at him, Goro can take and/or counter and throw back at him harder.

1) Majority of the comics are non-canon and none of those strength would put Goro on par with Beast in terms of strength.

2) We have literally no idea how skilled Goro's opposition was in the Mortal Kombat, so trying to pass this off as an impressive feat is a pretty terrible idea.

3) Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Cyber Sub-Zero were able to beat Goro despite not having superhuman attributes, where are you getting this information to make these sort of claims.

#12 Posted by jashro44 (19515 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro. Beast is not a competent fighter. I'm also pretty sure he isn't 10 tons. He holds most advantages needed to win here.

#13 Posted by FourthDeity (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast punts Goro like a football.

#14 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) Majority of the comics are non-canon and none of those strength would put Goro on par with Beast in terms of strength.

2) We have literally no idea how skilled Goro's opposition was in the Mortal Kombat, so trying to pass this off as an impressive feat is a pretty terrible idea.

3) Liu Kang, Kung Lao, and Cyber Sub-Zero were able to beat Goro despite not having superhuman attributes, where are you getting this information to make these sort of claims.

1) aks a mod was is legal or illegal. comic feats are valid since this is comicvine

2) Goro is a skilled as elder subzero and other super-skilled combatants in MK so what you are saying is false and misleading.

3) You make it seem like having arbitrary super-powers are the holy grail or something. KK in DC has no "powers" but for being super skilled, yet has feats that put him at a super human levels. MK characters routinely display feats of strength beyond average humans, as well as feats of durability, skill, and speed.

I'm not going to argue characters with you but I will say this: Liu can command fire; Kung is "super-human"ly fast; Cyber sub isn't human anymore, he is a cyborg that controls ice. All of these characters gained these abilities through skill and training. Average humans, even the average skilled human can't achieve these things.

Since you indirectly compared them to beast, I guess you could argue they are mutants in a sense (which I'm not) since they were born with the latent ability to perform these things, but like I said, I'm not going to argue that.

Goro is not human and far from an average fighter. Those fighters who beat him devoted there lives to fighting in order to achieve the highest levels possible. To reduce Goro to average human levels is stupid.

#15 Posted by nick_hero22 (6729 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) as a mod was is legal or illegal. comic feats are valid since this is comicvine

2) Goro is a skilled as elder subzero and other super-skilled combatants in MK so what you are saying is false and misleading.

3) You make it seem like having arbitrary super-powers are the holy grail or something. KK in DC has no "powers" but for being super skilled, yet has feats that put him at a super human levels. MK characters routinely display feats of strength beyond average humans, as well as feats of durability, skill, and speed.

I'm not going to argue characters with you but I will say this: Liu can command fire; Kung is "super-human"ly fast; Cyber sub isn't human anymore, he is a cyborg that controls ice. All of these characters gained these abilities through skill and training. Average humans, even the average skilled human can't achieve these things.

Since you indirectly compared them to beast, I guess you could argue they are mutants in a sense (which I'm not) since they were born with the latent ability to perform these things, but like I said, I'm not going to argue that.

Goro is not human and far from an average fighter. Those fighters who beat him devoted there lives to fighting in order to achieve the highest levels possible. To reduce Goro to average human levels is stupid.

1) Check the battle forum rules

2) Prove that Goro is as skilled as Elder Sub-Zero, because the Younger Sub-Zero beat him and Kintaro at the same time. Like I said before it is unknown the skill level of the participants in the Mortal Kombat Tournament.

3) Karate Kid is irrelevant here because Goro is neither as skill as him nor any of the top tiers in the DC Universe, most of the physical feats in the MK Universe are rather tamed compared to what human level fighters have been able to perform in the DC and Marvel Universe. Beast is physically superior and a experience fighter while the only going for Goro is a mediocre level of skill.

4) Liu Kang has low level pyrokinesis (small projectiles and engulf his strikes), Kung Lao has teleportation and create a cyclone with his, but that doesn't equal superhuman combat speed or movement speed, Sub-Zero has low level ice manipulation, but pretty much all of these characters defeated Goro without having superhuman stats and using a combination of h2h and their powers ocassionally.

5) Who have no idea how long the fighters actually trained or any of their credential so it almost pointless in arguing that they are very skilled fighters when no information is given on them.

#16 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

1) as a mod was is legal or illegal. comic feats are valid since this is comicvine

1) Check the battle forum rules

2) Prove that Goro is as skilled as Elder Sub-Zero, because the Younger Sub-Zero beat him and Kintaro at the same time. Like I said before it is unknown the skill level of the participants in the Mortal Kombat Tournament.

3) Karate Kid is irrelevant here because Goro is neither as skill as him nor any of the top tiers in the DC Universe, most of the physical feats in the MK Universe are rather tamed compared to what human level fighters have been able to perform in the DC and Marvel Universe. Beast is physically superior and a experience fighter while the only going for Goro is a mediocre level of skill.

4) Liu Kang has low level pyrokinesis (small projectiles and engulf his strikes), Kung Lao has teleportation and create a cyclone with his, but that doesn't equal superhuman combat speed or movement speed, Sub-Zero has low level ice manipulation, but pretty much all of these characters defeated Goro without having superhuman stats and using a combination of h2h and their powers ocassionally.

5) Who have no idea how long the fighters actually trained or any of their credential so it almost pointless in arguing that they are very skilled fighters when no information is given on them.

1) you check the rules, or better yet ask vance.

@Vance Astro said:

@onilordasmodeus said:
It doesn't matter what version is specified in the op. If it's not canon, it's not admissible.
If no version is specified in the OP, you are to use the comic version.If you are using the Udon version of these characters..those scans are canon, so cut it out.

2) this is abut beast and goro. Prove beast is a beast in combat. We already know Goro is.

3,4,5... are moot and don't dignify a response cause they are based on your opinion.

#17 Edited by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@onilordasmodeus said:

Goro has shown considerable strength such as crushing cars, 

Are u talkin about these car crushing feats?? 

SOOOOO NON CANON!!!!!
These non canonical feats are from the Malibu's Mortal Kombat  "Battlewave" series. 
Below is a few links for proof:  
 http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=7431 
 http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_series
 http://www.evi.com/q/facts_about__mortal_kombat_comic_books
 http://www.inreview.com/archive/topic/39200.html
 http://www.inreview.com/archive/topic/39200.html

This stuff isn't hard to find.... just Google "Mortal kombat malibu comics non canon" if the info I provided in the links isn't enough!! The Midway comics I believe is canon tho

The feat below I believe is canon  

But this ^^^^^ has nothing on Hank!! 

Here's hank as an adolescent 

Here's Human Beast against Hulk 

Here's Beast swinging a tree at Juggernaut  

Beast tackling juggernaut through a car!! 

Beast easily slamming the sh$t out of Juggs!! 

Beast puttin a beatdown on Iron Man, and tankin high powered assult rifles!!

Human Beast catching a missle with his feet!! 

Beast playing with five hundred lbs.!! 

Beast causing an earthquake!! 

Beast effortlessly tossing a police car at least 50 ft.!! 

Beast catching a huge piece of a building!! 

THERE IS PLENTY MORE WHERE THIS ^^^^^ CAME FROM!!!!!

The Beast has always possessed some degree of superhuman strength, the limits of which have varied at times due to subsequent mutation. During his teens, he was able to lift approximately 1 ton. After mutating into his simian form, and after this mutation eventually stabilized, his strength was increased to the point where he could lift about 10-15 tons, which was sufficient to smash through a brick wall with a single punch and to tie an iron barbell into a knot. He has experienced a further increase in his physical strength after mutation into his current feline/lionesque form, though the exact amount of weight he can lift isn't known. It is known, however, that he can lift more than 25-30 tons. 

I have yet to see Goro execute a canonical feat over 4 tons!! Until someone can provide evidence that Goro is anything over a class 4, than it is safe to assume that Goro is nothing more. With that being said, this is an absolute curbsomp in Beast's favor, and this thread should be locked, unless one can prove otherwise!! 

Beast CURBSTOMP!!!!! 10/10!!!!!
#18 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_hero22 said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

You are absolutely correct Nick!! 
#19 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is all of Goro's Canon comic feats: 

Here it explains how he defeats the original Kung Lao and on the next page it states he was champion of mortal kombat for 500 years. Note: Kung Lao won 9 tournaments before that defeat IIRC. 

Here it takes Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Kano to face Goro and they have the upper hand until the bridge falls out from under them. 

As shown above, this is just Goro dropping from the ceiling and one-shotting a Centaur, which do have super strength. 

These are his only feats from the midway comics, which are the only canon ones. I can also post all of his Malibu feats as well, should we be using that version.
#20 Posted by crabtree (1619 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast wins, but goro is scarier.

#21 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
Here is all of Goro's Canon comic feats: 

Here it explains how he defeats the original Kung Lao and on the next page it states he was champion of mortal kombat for 500 years. Note: Kung Lao won 9 tournaments before that defeat IIRC. 

Here it takes Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade and Kano to face Goro and they have the upper hand until the bridge falls out from under them. 

As shown above, this is just Goro dropping from the ceiling and one-shotting a Centaur, which do have super strength. 

These are his only feats from the midway comics, which are the only canon ones. I can also post all of his Malibu feats as well, should we be using that version.
Not all Centaurs have super strength, and if this Centaur did posses super strength, doesn't mean he has super human durability!! This showing of Goro knocking down this seemingly, rather small(especially in comparison to Goro), Centaur, shows nothing more than his durability!! Goro still has yet to show any showings to put him over a class 4, so this fight remains a curbstomp!! 
Beast's feats outclassed these showings of Goro by far anyways!!
#22 Posted by NeonGameWave (7686 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast takes this.

#23 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@NeonGameWave said:

Beast takes this.

Easily!!
#24 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2529 posts) - - Show Bio

@pea55:

Lol. OK.

#25 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio
@pea55: Goro isn't a Centaur. He is Shokan, and the most powerful one at that. 

With that being said, I never said Goro would win. I just decided to post the feats for the sake of the thread.
#26 Posted by whitewings1234 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus said:

@pea55:

Lol. OK.

hes a troll, i wouldnt talk to him

same goes to all of you.

Anyways Goro takes this. More durable, more arms...etc he smashes.

#27 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower said:
@pea55: Goro isn't a Centaur. He is Shokan@Strafe Prower said: 

When did I ever say that Goro was a centaur??  

@Strafe Prower said:
@pea55: Goro He is Shokan, and the most powerful one at that.
  You sure about that?? I thought it was Kintaro
#28 Posted by Nefarious (18581 posts) - - Show Bio

Beast is stronger, faster, and more agile.  

Beast wins with ease.

#29 Posted by Grand Ninja (2330 posts) - - Show Bio

Goro is a pretty slow guy in comparison to the agile Beast.

#30 Posted by pea55 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

Beast is stronger, faster, and more agile. Beast wins with ease.
#31 Posted by Vance Astro (91104 posts) - - Show Bio

This isn't fair for Goro.