• 88 results
Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Geth

Goro is in his prime (MK 2), Batman is New 52. No prep, standard morals. Takes place in the rooftop stage of MK 9 at night.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Who Wins?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman.

Goro isn't really something Batman hasn't seen before.

NimaMindTricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman I think because there's no way he'll decide to fight Goro to head on after taking one look at him. His gear and calculated strikes should get him the KO or incap.

ElderSkaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman would win but i think Goro would destroy him hand to hand

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leo-343: Reasons? Goro has been shown to be strategic and intelligent, not just a brute. He could be an extra durable and strong four-armed Bane with fireballs.

@m_man: Goro has been shown to be strategic and intelligent, not just a brute. He could be an extra durable and strong four-armed Bane with fireballs.

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Batman. He is more skilled.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

H2H Goro

Batman with gadgets

Karambit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Karambit

Leaning towards Batman. MK characters never really seemed that impressive to me. Does Goro have any notable feats?

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McJames

@karambit: Outside of gameplay, Goro was the prince of the powerful Shokan (keep in mind that kings are selected by prowess in Kombat. He's got the blood of a warrior.) He is also stated on multiple occasions to be Shao Kahn'd finest warrior an personal bodyguard. Out of all the great warriors in all the fierce races Shao Kahn has conquered, Goro is the greatest. He is also the 9 time undefeated champion of Mortal Kombat by the events of the original Mortal Kombat.

I'm sure there are some comic feats and lore feats that I looked over. This is just my knowledge without reviewing any information. As far as gameplay goes, he often serves as a sub-boss, second only to Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, he defeated the great Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat, the legendary ancestor of Liu Kang and Kung Lao, who was undeniably the Shaolin monestary's best fighters until Liu Kang. He trained his whole life for Mortal Kombat, and has some comic feats, which include defeating Shang Tsung reletively easily.

He also fairly easily, during a cutscene, dispatched Johny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Kung Lao. In his miniseries, he powered through the Earthrealm defenders undefeated, only being taken down upon reaching Raiden. He was portrayed as an unstoppable force.

Did I ever mention that not only is he incredibly fast, strong, as durable with extra arms to spare, but is also quite skilled with martial arts, melee weapons, and fire magic? Batman is going to have a tough time.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ka-Bump

Rexorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bat-maaaaaaaaan...

comicace3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rexorr said:

Bat-maaaaaaaaan...

Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuhh

Batmaaaaaaan!

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Savageslayer

Goro, its random encounter so pretty sure goro can take em. Plus hes been shot at, burned, froze, and just tanks it and keeps fighting. Though if its like the movie Batman could just nut shot him for days and win.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VashtaNerada88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah if goro can get beat by a movie star...batman defiantly wins

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vashtanerada88: A superhuman movie star bred from a long line of warriors, and with a pis feat. If we wanna talk movie versions, movie Cage could kick movie Batman's head off.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcjames: @vashtanerada88: That was the movie version. Johny cage movie version is above movie Batman. This isn't movie versions anyway.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: Exactly. Thank you. I'm the OP btw, mobile is logged into a different RP alt than my PC.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcjames: Yeah people shit on movie Johny Cage but he beat Goro and Scorpion. Nolan Batman would get destroyed by either.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske: I could beat movie Batman. And I think we can agree the MK movies were awful.

mtuske

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcjames: I enjoyed the 1st one in all it's awfulness. They didn't even try in the second one though.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By McJames

@mtuske: I kinda wonder if a skilled modder could merge MK9, Injustice, and MKX into one big game. All characters playable, all stages playable, game mechanics applicable in stages from said games. Injustice and MKX maps would be interactable, MK9 maps would have stage fatalities, that kind of thing. I just want an MK vs DC done right.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

La Bumpa

algorhythm511

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be close, but I am going to say Batman.

s1ckb0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, ftw.

McJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcjames: didn't Johnny Cage beat Goro!? Batman would destroy Johnny Cage!

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vacone: In the movie. We're not using the movie versions. Movie Johnny Cage would murder Movie Batman, and we know that. This is Goro from the original game trilogy (or the 2011 Reboot) and New-52 Batman.

As for Goro feats, here's the post I managed to gather together with a bit of research.

@mcjames said:

@karambit: Outside of gameplay, Goro was the prince of the powerful Shokan (keep in mind that kings are selected by prowess in Kombat. He's got the blood of a warrior.) He is also stated on multiple occasions to be Shao Kahn'd finest warrior an personal bodyguard. Out of all the great warriors in all the fierce races Shao Kahn has conquered, Goro is the greatest. He is also the 9 time undefeated champion of Mortal Kombat by the events of the original Mortal Kombat.

I'm sure there are some comic feats and lore feats that I looked over. This is just my knowledge without reviewing any information. As far as gameplay goes, he often serves as a sub-boss, second only to Shang Tsung or Shao Kahn.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, he defeated the great Kung Lao in Mortal Kombat, the legendary ancestor of Liu Kang and Kung Lao, who was undeniably the Shaolin monestary's best fighters until Liu Kang. He trained his whole life for Mortal Kombat, and has some comic feats, which include defeating Shang Tsung reletively easily.

He also fairly easily, during a cutscene, dispatched Johny Cage, Sonya Blade, and Kung Lao. In his miniseries, he powered through the Earthrealm defenders undefeated, only being taken down upon reaching Raiden. He was portrayed as an unstoppable force.

Did I ever mention that not only is he incredibly fast, strong, as durable with extra arms to spare, but is also quite skilled with martial arts, melee weapons, and fire magic? Batman is going to have a tough time.

So, uh, yeah.

Vacone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@geth: ok. I've played the game and watched the movie(s). I think it's impractical, and illogical, to put Batman against Goro, and you're clearly biased. If you feel so strongly about Goro, then you shouldn't have created this battle. Anyway, I'd still pick Batman.

"So, uh, yeah."

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vacone: Hm? I'm not biased. I don't feel strongly about Goro. I'm just defending him because I feel he is being sold short. I asked for reasons and you gave me ABC logic with Johnny Cage using movie versions. Tell me why you think it's impractical and illogical. Tell me why you'd pick Batman. No need to get hostile.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By onilordasmodeus

If Batman can use gadgets or has prep, I'd give it to him.

If this is Batman straight up vs. Goro, Goro beats him hands down.

Durability: Goro has shown that he is can take devastating blows with out much issue.

Strength: Either his fireball, or just normal kicks and punches, Goro obliterates what ever he hits.

The only thing Batman may have on Goro is speed, but once Goro touches him...it's all over.

Geth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Da-bump-tis!

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mcjames at end i said nut shots galore, any where else doesnt even effect him

Sachmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman. I made a solid argument (IMO) that Nightwing could take him a WHILE back.

Guru_Crack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 559

#40  Edited By Guru_Crack

Goro is a fighter but really he would be no different than a venom Bane. I could see it being a good fight but Batman would win the majority.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If Batman can use gadgets or has prep, I'd give it to him.

If this is Batman straight up vs. Goro, Goro beats him hands down.

Durability: Goro has shown that he is can take devastating blows with out much issue.

Strength: Either his fireball, or just normal kicks and punches, Goro obliterates what ever he hits.

The only thing Batman may have on Goro is speed, but once Goro touches him...it's all over.

I was going to upload those scans. Not sure if the scan of Goro taking off Kotal Ketz head should count since he used Shao Kahns hammer for that though. Just to add to this, when Kotal Kahn was a teenager he was strong enough to kill people by smashing there heads together:

No Caption Provided
Also rips limbs
Also rips limbs

Considering Kotal Ketz when he fought Goro was older than Kotal Kahn in the above, and his physique is also much bigger its reasonable to assume Kotal Ketz is at least as strong as Kotal Kahn is above. So tanking a hmmer from him t the face would be very impressive, especially since Kotal Ketz used Shao Kahns hammer.

That said I lean towards batman with gear. Maybe Goro in hand to hand due to his durability, but I am on the fence.

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatBro15

Batman out speeds Goro easily. Hand to hand, he can just hit him with a pressure point and paralyze him

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jashro44

@batbro15 said:

Batman out speeds Goro easily. Hand to hand, he can just hit him with a pressure point and paralyze him

Evidence that batman has an understanding of shoukun anatomy?

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mtuske said:

H2H Goro

Batman with gadgets

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Evidence that location of pressure points is different than humans(that much)? Goro is humanoid, so you can assume attacking joints, the neck, etc would yield similar results. Also, I'm pretty sure the cowl could show anatomical structure

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batbro15 said:

@jashro44: Evidence that location of pressure points is different than humans(that much)? Goro is humanoid, so you can assume attacking joints, the neck, etc would yield similar results. Also, I'm pretty sure the cowl could show anatomical structure

Sure areas like the throat and what not are the same but those are basic areas. And I question attacking the joints will get batman much results since Goro tanked a hit to the face from Kotal Ketz with Shao Kahns hammer. The cowl has never told batman the anatomy of a being he's never encountered before to my knowledge.

BatBro15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jashro44: Ok yeah I just realized what I said about the cowl was dumb, but pain resistance has nothing to do with nerve strikes. Example: In The Dark Knight Returns, the Mutant Leader withstood blows to the head and face, but was still partially paralyzed by a nerve strike to the deltoid

NothingClever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus: Are those scans from the Malibu comics or something else? I kinda want to read that.

Batman vs. Goro... Those extra two arms probably convey quite the advantage. Examples:

Rock-Paper-Scissors: Goro, everytime.

Arm wrestling: Goro

Videogames: Goro

Iron Chef: Goro

Juggling: Obviously Goro

Given Batman's history and feats I want to give it to him. But how do his stats stack up to the supernaturally empowered MK Kombatants? 'Cause Goro canonically stomped a bunch of them. If we use videogame feats then Goro can casually survive having bones/ structures integral to a normal person's ability to function (like even just stand up) shattered, organs destroyed (frozen, smashed), being stabbed SO MUCH, and being basically bathed in fire, acid, lightning, etc (all magical). He also has a lot more Kombat experience and he kills his opponents.

If Batman pulls a sonic disruptor or flashbang then Goro can devote one pair of arms to covering his ears/eyes. I can't see smoke bombs being especially effective. Nerve strikes... Bats has to get within arms' reach...

This is a tough one.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

With gadgets Batman should wins

H2H maybe Goro, Batman does fight things that do out class him. But ultimately on the fence about this particular battle.

TBEMrMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grappling advantage would give it to Goro. All he has to do is get one hand on Bats and it's over. You think Bane did him wrong...