Goro ( Mortal Kombat ) Vs Hugo ( Street Fighter )

• 76 results
OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Most definitely is speculation on my part, hince the 20-25 ton boulder part. Here is a 20 ton boulder right here. roughly the same size as the one Hugo picked up. Are you about to attempt to lowball Hugo strength? because there isn't indication on how strong Goro is in any of his game, comics, etc media. We know he gets toppled by fighters way lesser than hugo though that can't match the feats of SF characters.

No Caption Provided

Hmm, still speculation... but let's just say for argument's sake that the stone head that Hugo lifted is the same size and weight as the 20 ton rock you're showcasing. He still got one-shotted by Sagat. So even if he's a 20 tonner, his durability is atrocious. One blow to the head by Goro and I expect the result would be the same. Down goes Hugo.

But just to be sure, because admittedly, I'm not an expert on Goro or the MK Universe, let's call in someone who is. @onilordasmodeus Would you mind providing some insight as to Goro's strength/speed/durability?

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud said:

Most definitely is speculation on my part, hince the 20-25 ton boulder part. Here is a 20 ton boulder right here. roughly the same size as the one Hugo picked up. Are you about to attempt to lowball Hugo strength? because there isn't indication on how strong Goro is in any of his game, comics, etc media. We know he gets toppled by fighters way lesser than hugo though that can't match the feats of SF characters.

No Caption Provided

Hmm, still speculation... but let's just say for argument's sake that the stone head that Hugo lifted is the same size and weight as the 20 ton rock you're showcasing. He still got one-shotted by Sagat. So even if he's a 20 tonner, his durability is atrocious. One blow to the head by Goro and I expect the result would be the same. Down goes Hugo.

But just to be sure, because admittedly, I'm not an expert on Goro or the MK Universe, let's call in someone who is. @onilordasmodeus Would you mind providing some insight as to Goro's strength/speed/durability?

You're missing the point which I and others have stated SF>>>>MK

Are you lowballing Sagat? I mean really....Sagat is who you're lowballing as if he is weak? Sagat would wreck Goro. Sagat has only lost to ryu when ryu was consumed by the dark hadou.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's entirely your biased opinion, not fact.

Are you lowballing Sagat? I mean really....Sagat is who you're lowballing as if he is weak? Sagat would wreck Goro. Sagat has only lost to ryu when ryu was consumed by the dark hadou.

What was it about what I said that made you think I was lowballing Sagat or calling him weak? All I said was Hugo's durability isn't all that great if he can get one-shotted from one kick.

Crom-Cruach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously? this is thread?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MKU would destroy SFU if they clashed...

Raiden, Ermac and Scorpion alone could arguably solo most of the SF roster. Raiden totally would, Ermac, LK and Scorp and Sub together would clearn house.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raiden, Ermac and Scorpion alone could arguably solo most of the SF roster. Raiden totally would, Ermac, LK and Scorp and Sub together would clearn house.

You posted a bunch of non canon MK feats which still aren't better than SF. Akuma sinking an island with a punch, kicking a battleship from the floor of the ocean is canon. The meteorite feat isn't canon though.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By JuzaCloud

@juzacloud said:

That's entirely your biased opinion, not fact.

What was it about what I said that made you think I was lowballing Sagat or calling him weak? All I said was Hugo's durability isn't all that great if he can get one-shotted from one kick.

Hugo being one shotted by Sagat isn't a down play on his durability. Sagat had become significantly stronger at that point after his journey and training and was stronger than ryu at this point. You know what is pathetic? Goro being toppled by attacks from sonja, kano, and johnny. Hugo smashed a 20 ton boulder on sagat and it didn't even faze him.

Shin Shoryuken that Hugo survived>>>>any MK attack

No Caption Provided

Are you going to say sonja is stronger than ryu, Sagat, Hugo, and akuma? There is obviously to different leagues here.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@juzacloud said:

@fallingcliffs said:

You posted a bunch of non canon MK feats which still aren't better than SF. Akuma sinking an island with a punch, kicking a battleship from the floor of the ocean is canon. The meteorite feat isn't canon though.

Yes they are, did you even bother to read and watch them? No SF guys do that daily like MK guys do.

I can post more such as Raiden's MK 4 defeating Shinnok(a fallen elder god) then banishing him to Netherrealm for thousands of years...in doing so Raiden also nearly destroyed Earth. That far surpasses anything anyone in SF has ever done.

Also please don't say "that's not canon" then go ahead and post malibu MK comics that aren't canon either...so those scans mean nothing. Goro defeated Great Kung Lao who was one of Earthrealms best fighters in history and the reigning champ for 500 years...

Goro>>>>>>Hugo. MK>>>>>>>SF

TG_54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro takes him

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Doctor_Wheatley

@fallingcliffs: Destroying an entire island and kicking a submarine into the surface is canon.

Akuma also has hypersonic combat speed. Kinda average for street fighters though

The durability to tank hadoukens which are building busters and potentially mountain destroyers.

The raging demon also destroys the soul.

The non canon feats are the moon busting and meteore feat

Superman gets thrown all the time considering he weights the same as a human being and he wasn't flying as well. Also how it's a video game version of superman which are usually nerfed 1000000000 times.

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akuma>Ryu>>>>>>goro>>hugo

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Yes they are, did you even bother to read and watch them? No SF guys do that daily like MK guys do.

I can post more such as Raiden's MK 4 defeating Shinnok(a fallen elder god) then banishing him to Netherrealm for thousands of years...in doing so Raiden also nearly destroyed Earth. That far surpasses anything anyone in SF has ever done.

Also please don't say "that's not canon" then go ahead and post malibu MK comics that aren't canon either...so those scans mean nothing. Goro defeated Great Kung Lao who was one of Earthrealms best fighters in history and the reigning champ for 500 years...

Goro>>>>>>Hugo. MK>>>>>>>SF

What does banishing someone to netherrealm have to do with combat feats? And Goro has defeated a featless Kung Lao and for all we know featless fodder warriors for 500 years. He obviously was fighting weaker opponents if he now gets beat up by earth warriors of current MK who aren't impressive at all when compared to SF universe. Show canon Goro feats then because being champion for 500 years mean nothing.

Also Shin Akuma,Oro,Gill, Alpha Bison, Urien, Rose>>>>>Raiden, Shinnok, Shang Tsung

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

akuma>Ryu>>>>>>goro>>hugo

Hugo stalemated Ryu.

You're basically trying to save face by admitting that akuma and ryu are better than Goro, but on the other hand say Goro>>>Hugo since you either lack info on the matter at hand or biased. Now that Hugo stalemated ryu, what will you say? Goro>>Ryu?

HeeeelpMeeeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By HeeeelpMeeeee

Hugo and his entire family get stomped by Cody. Goro wins unless he slips off a cliff

flashback0180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud: not even close if we include the various apprence on different franchises , akuma stalemate pre mantra asura.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@ordinaryalan said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that is all speculation. Hugo is strong no doubt, and I'd be willing to even say that he could match Goro in heads up in strength, but Goro brings way more than just strength to a battle, as he's smarter, more experience, more skilled, and more durable than Hugo is by far.

Strength:

If you can't tell (because I seemingly can post the pics in the right order), Goro grabs and up roots/breaks a stone pillar out from the ground, then holds it effortlessly with one arm. Not shown in the pics, he later goes on to use that pillar like a bat to fight his opponents. Those pillar can weight anywhere from 20 to 50 tons (my own speculation which is why I say we call it even), so yeah, Goro is pretty strong.

Also know that your average Shokan can repeatedly lift and throw boulders about twice the size as to the one you showed Ryu HOLDING; meaning a Shokan can throw those size boulders one after another, after another, fairly effortlessly.

Loading Video...

Shokan Strength is pretty ridiculous, and Goro is in their upper tiers.

Skill:

That scan above of Goro being BEATEN BACK by Kano, Sonya, and JC took place AFTER he had gone 3 rounds with Liu Kang. Keep in mind too that those 4 fighters mentioned are noted as some of the BEST fighters on earth, of that generation. Not too that they didn't defeat Goro either, as they merely held their own. And furthermore, know that scan later turned into this...

Loading Video...

Durability:

Goro's durability can only be described as "enhanced durability" when quantifying it in comic book terms. In the official lore it is said that Goro shrugs off attacks that would normally in cripple a man, and in the Malibu comics he has been shown to tank attacks that rip people of normal durability apart...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

...or would/could normally just kill a person.

No Caption Provided

Goro's durability is beyond Hugo.

Smarts:

While Goro is at times portrayed as a brute, he actually is a regal individual, and a great tactician on the battle field.

He is the Prince of his people, but he also doubled as a General to Shao Kahn's army before he was hand selected to represent Outworld in Mortal Kombat. Goro has proved himself as not just one of the best fighters among his people, but across Outworld and Earth for 9 Generations (500 yrs); also note that Goro is 2000+ yrs old. After his defeat in Mortal Kombat though, he joined forces with Kitana against Shao Kahn, where he and she did the thought impossible, and drove Kahn's forces back where they could gain a great foothold against Kahn in Outworld. Goro is not only a warrior of legendary skill, but a war general with an awesome track record.

Hugo, at best, has taken out a few thugs (mostly because he was just WAY bigger than them), and has been defeated by the likes of Cody, Guy, Haggar, Sagat, Ryu, and a few others in 1v1 situations. Hugo just doesn't have the chops to take down a beast like Goro, as I don't think he's ever achieved anything of note.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus:

Awesome info. I figured Goro was super strong and smarter than he looks lol. And yeah, he's a skilled warrior seeing he was champion of the MK tournament for like several hundred years in a row, right?

Anyways, thanks for the pics and the breakdown of his abilities.

Also, might be a bit off topic, but in your opinion, how would Goro fare against someone like Motaro? Would you say Shokans are stronger than Centaurians?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@onilordasmodeus Nice post indeed.

@juzacloud said:

What does banishing someone to netherrealm have to do with combat feats? And Goro has defeated a featless Kung Lao and for all we know featless fodder warriors for 500 years. He obviously was fighting weaker opponents if he now gets beat up by earth warriors of current MK who aren't impressive at all when compared to SF universe. Show canon Goro feats then because being champion for 500 years mean nothing.

Also Shin Akuma,Oro,Gill, Alpha Bison, Urien, Rose>>>>>Raiden, Shinnok, Shang Tsung

Considering the fact that Shinnok is a FALLEN Elder God? Who also defeated Lucifer in Netherrealm/Hell I'd say that defeating Shinnok and banishing him to Netherrealm while nearly destroying the entire planet is a ridiculously good feat. Far surpasses anything anyone in SFU has ever done, what crack a mountain? lol Raiden nearly cracked Earth lol..he plagued Earth into centuries of darkness nearly wiping human civilization out while battling Shinnok.

Goro winning for 500 years straight do mean something but if you want to deny that, be my guest...

Yeah, Great Kung Lao a guy noted to be one of the planets best historical fighters and best fighter of Earthrealm in his generation is "canon fodder" I guess Bison's canonfodder too since akuma put him down then he came back anyway lol..

Raiden>>>>entire SFU, including Shin Akuma. Even Akuma at his most powerful, then Elder God amped or status Raiden erases Akuma from existence. Period. And why list Shang tsung? lol Shao Kahn is way more powerful and conquered worlds, consuming billions of souls Kahn or Raiden would solo SFU easily...that's common sense fact.

As far as this match is concerned, Goro still tears Hugo apart literally. Stronger, better durability, more feats and has decades centuries more experience than Hugo. Goro would tank a fireball from Ryu too considering he's tanked blasts from Raiden(an immortal, powerful thunder God)

Lastly, read Onilord's post please...

@Doctor_Wheatley:

-That's lovely, so is Raiden defeating Shinnok(Fallen Elder God in immense power, ruler of hell and defeated Lucifer) and banishing him to hell, while nearly destroy Earth...pretty sure that surpasses anything Akuma's done, sorry.

-Most MK characters are metahumans and move faster than you'd think, example Sub sliding, disappearing, Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke and Noob teleporting, Raiden can instant teleport. Reptile, Ermac can disappear, Smoke can too etc. H2H the popular and more known guys have good, fast h2H reaction like Liu Kang, Cage, Sonya and the guys I just listed. Also keep in mind Sonya can even detect attacks from sneak attacks while her back's turned she did it recently in the comic D'vorah tried impaling her with a bug leg spike, Sonya caught it, then broke it off then kicked her in the face saying "don't even try it"

-We've never seen a Hadoken destroy a mountain, so that's pure speculation. Til there's actual proof of that, that's like saying Ermac's TK potential can evaporate someone by thinking about it as he did to Jax's arms once he was focused...

-The Raging Demon is only effective if A. it tags you, most MK characters can teleport, disappear or have fast speed to dodge it and B. if your soul is corrupted, evil. So that would only work on a few characters in MK, not everyone...it wouldn't work on the good guys and sure as hell wouldn't work on Raiden.

-Ok, the non canon feats I posted are kicking Superman(who is a planet, moon buster among other things) and hurting him, beating WW, and Raiden defeating everyone and having to face Superman at the end who he apparently stalemated...Akuma would get wrecked by either Raiden or Superman.

-Because it's non canon and doesn't matter? And no Superman doesn't get tossed all the time unless it's someone really powerful like Darkseid, DD etc...actually being kryptonian alters his density on Earth so you're wrong. He's not like a "normal person" lol who cares if he's nerfed or not? Clark is effected by Magic, and guess what MK is filled with it. Nuff said.

-MK still murks SF.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers:

I think it is pretty much factual data that nobody in MK is bullet proof anymore. The new MKX comics proved that even Kotal Kahn is suspectable to small arms handgun fire. Sonya shot him through the torso, dude was in serious pain and just laid the smack down on Goro in a 1v1.

After many years of reading MK vs SF battles, nobody has been able to present evidence that anyone in MK is capable of lifting and tossing tons of weight around. Yet, we see that often in Street Fighter. Ryu is a mid tier combatant in physical strength, Hugo is literally ranked as SF's #1 strongest fighter. He is stronger than Bison, Stronger than Gil and Seth. Ryu can hold 20 tons above him in a horse stance for unknown periods of time. I need to see someone from MK do the same, so far nobody has done that.

SF characters have also displayed more durability and speed. People jump off high rise buildings and cliffs in SF and land perfectly fine, others in MK go splat and die from a 50 ft drop. The entire idea behind Mortal Kombat is that the fighters fight as humans against monsters from outworld. The humans are able to win against these beasts because of their superior demi god like skill. NO question that MK fighters have skill 1000x anyone in Street Fighter. If you made Kang and Akuma dead even in power and speed, Kang would toss Akuma around like an infant due to having martial arts skill on par with GODS.

Hugo is a different case though, he hasn't much skill. He is just raw power unbridled. I thought this would make a great match up hehe. Glad to see the interest in it. :)

ProfZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ProfZ

@ordinaryalan said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah, that is all speculation. Hugo is strong no doubt, and I'd be willing to even say that he could match Goro in heads up in strength, but Goro brings way more than just strength to a battle, as he's smarter, more experience, more skilled, and more durable than Hugo is by far.

Strength:

If you can't tell (because I seemingly can post the pics in the right order), Goro grabs and up roots/breaks a stone pillar out from the ground, then holds it effortlessly with one arm. Not shown in the pics, he later goes on to use that pillar like a bat to fight his opponents. Those pillar can weight anywhere from 20 to 50 tons (my own speculation which is why I say we call it even), so yeah, Goro is pretty strong.

Also know that your average Shokan can repeatedly lift and throw boulders about twice the size as to the one you showed Ryu HOLDING; meaning a Shokan can throw those size boulders one after another, after another, fairly effortlessly.

Loading Video...

Skill:

That scan above of Goro being BEATEN BACK by Kano, Sonya, and JC took place AFTER he had gone 3 rounds with Liu Kang. Keep in mind too that those 4 fighters mentioned are noted as some of the BEST fighters on earth, of that generation. Not too that they didn't defeat Goro either, as they merely held their own. And furthermore, know that scan later turned into this...

Loading Video...

Durability:

Goro's durability can only be described as "enhanced durability" when quantifying it in comic book terms. In the official lore it is said that Goro shrugs off attacks that would normally in cripple a man, and in the Malibu comics he has been shown to tank attacks that rip people of normal durability apart...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Smarts:

While Goro is at times portrayed as a brute, he actually is a regal individual, and a great tactician on the battle field.

He is the Prince of his people, but he also doubled as a General to Shao Kahn's army before he was hand selected to represent Outworld in Mortal Kombat. Goro has proved himself as not just one of the best fighters among his people, but across Outworld and Earth for 9 Generations (500 yrs); also note that Goro is 2000+ yrs old. After his defeat in Mortal Kombat though, he joined forces with Kitana against Shao Kahn, where he and she did the thought impossible, and drove Kahn's forces back where they could gain a great foothold against Kahn in Outworld. Goro is not only a warrior of legendary skill, but a war general with an awesome track record.

Hugo, at best, has taken out a few thugs (mostly because he was just WAY bigger than them), and has been defeated by the likes of Cody, Guy, Haggar, Sagat, Ryu, and a few others in 1v1 situations. Hugo just doesn't have the chops to take down a beast like Goro, as I don't think he's ever achieved anything of note.

Due to the evidence provided, I have to agree that Goro should take Hugo. His superior fighting skill would lead to a win just about 9/10 times.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By pea55

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ordinaryalan said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Strength:

Loading Video...

Skill:

Loading Video...

Durability:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Smarts:

All of this is not canon.... I wouldn't say that Hugo can best Goro, but none of this helps your argument and you know this already. I don't understand why u continue to use this non canon evidence, when myself and others have been getting on you about this these past few YEARS.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profz said:

@onilordasmodeus said:

@ordinaryalan said:

@juzacloud said:

No Caption Provided

Strength:

Loading Video...

Skill:

Loading Video...

Durability:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Smarts:

Due to the evidence provided, I have to agree that Goro should take Hugo. His superior fighting skill would lead to a win just about 9/10 times.

That is not authentic evidence. It's all non canon, and onilord knows this stuff already. I have been getting on him about this since the Beast vs Goro thread. You should go do more research and stop being so easily deceived.

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@pea55: dude you know the rules too, what is and isn't allowed here on cv. Don't quote a 2 month old post just to try and start some shit. If you really have a problem, take it to a mod and let them tell you again what is and is not legal.

pea55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pea55: dude you know the rules too, what is and isn't allowed here on cv. Don't quote a 2 month old post just to try and start some shit. If you really have a problem, take it to a mod and let them tell you again what is and is not legal.

I quoted a two month old post!!!! So what????? It's still not canon and you know it. Don't play dumb like u don't know what I'm talking about. And who said I was tryin to start $#!t???? Your assumptions and accusations are very relevant to the topic I see. Me knowin the rules is also very irrelevant, for I am not breaking any, but you are, so what is your point?????

terry2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goro

ljm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By ljm87

The only-way to find this out is by Wiz & Broomstick (at screw-attack) to make a death-battle between both Goro & Hugo and end this debate once and for all.

Because only than will we found who win in a fight