Goro ( Mortal Kombat ) Vs Hugo ( Street Fighter )

• 76 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Goro: 8'2 feet tall, 550lbs.

Hugo: 7'10, 440lbs

Hugo has showcased significantly more physical strength than Goro, as he is one of SF's most physically powerful characters ( Ryu can bench press a few tons and he isn't nearly as strong as Hugo ). Goro on the other hand, is one of the most combat adept fighters in all of Mortal Kombat and has thousands of years of experiencing battling...and defeating the realms best fighters.

Can Hugo's superior speed and strength give him the victory over the much more combat skilled Goro?

Fight to the Death! No weapons, no continues. Battle takes place in the Tekken Mishima Corps King of the Iron Fist Cage Arena. Fighters start 20 feet apart. GO!

Frisky4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro.

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro flexes and kills Hugo

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo's big but Goro is bigger, he should manage. The main factor is hundreds of years experience.

gokuss4z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro cause he's Goro.

Milliardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo's big but Goro is bigger, he should manage. The main factor is hundreds of years experience.

and still loses to jonny cage

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Goro

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@milliardo said:

@fallingcliffs said: Hugo's big but Goro is bigger, he should manage. The main factor is hundreds of years experience.

and still loses to jonny cage

No. The movie isn't canon, sorry so don't count. It's also Johnny Cage who btw would also kick Hugos butt.

Masked_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So why does Hugo lose?

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with the guy who won 9 consecutive MK tournaments and was undefeated for 500 years.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo, guy runs through hadoukens..and thunder clap combos tho.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@blade_r: good point he'll just rip hugo's head right off.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro should win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c63f773eaecf
deactivated-5c63f773eaecf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo is faster and stronger than Goro. Goro is light-years better in actual fighting ability. It would be game over for Goro if Hugo grappled him, and none of Goro's fire blasts would have much effect on him. I don't think Goro is anywhere near strong enough to actually rip any limbs off Hugo. The fight would go to Hugo for round one and Goro would probably be left with a few broken arms, most of his ribs and his jaw. However, if Goro survives the first clash then Hugo would lose. Goro's fighting skill is just too demi god like for Hugo to handle and I think Goro would find a way to win despite the severe disadvantage he has in speed and strength. Goro would win through vital pressure points or the throat or something like that. 0 chance of him harming Hugo any other way...SF characters are too physically potent and durable by comparison to MK characters who go splat from falling off some cliffs.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p0rtal: What the...hasn't it been like months since you posted? Where the hell have you been?! (I almost made a corny joke about getting stuck in a portal...almost.)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Haha. Work, my friend. Got some time to read the new Mortal Kombat X comics, then found out that Goro is in the new game and did some googling on any new information. This topic came up, so I posted hehehe.

As strong as Goro is, Hugo is probably 10x Goro in his prime. The entire idea behind Mortal Kombat is that they are mortals fighting as mortals. Common blades harm them, none of them can dodge bullets ( Reptile didn't dodge them in MK9, he anticipated and zig zaged when he was scaling that building, where as Ryu is a confirmed bullet DODGER at POINT BLANK range. ) As mentioned, everyone in MK explodes on impact from certain heights, where as guys like Guile were hurled off cliffs with no real terrible sustained damage. Hugo is literally the physically strongest SF character, as well as the most durable. He is a meta human even though Goro is half dragon and 8 foot tall, he was defeated repeatedly by mortal fighters.

Hugo = bullet proof and small explosive proof.

Goro = not

Hugo = fights bullet timers and beings that can lift and toss tons of weight like softballs.

Goro = never fought anyone like this ( and its not fair to use the Shokan in Shaolin Monks because such a feat has never happened anywhere else, and it was just supposed to part of a video game that was fun and hard to get past )

tldr: Hugo will punch a hole in Goro's chest and rip off all four of his arms, but if Goro makes it to round 2, I think Goro would win via some crazy fighting maneuver that was aimed at some vital point.

@p0rtal: What the...hasn't it been like months since you posted? Where the hell have you been?! (I almost made a corny joke about getting stuck in a portal...almost.)

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ p0rtal: First off hardly, mk guys,are more powerful in general and more durable tgan sf guys. Kahn survived getting a hole punched thru his chest by liu kang, where as ryu punched sagats chest giving him a scar that nearly killed him....kahn came back almost instantly.

In the films, lol lk got kicked dead in the chest by reptile thru a 3 foot brick wall not even dazed got up and beat the hell out of reptile. He also had his hand frozen by sub zero only to sting him instead if freeze him.

There are rules in mk but that doesnt ban powers entirely..unless its someone raiden level. Lol

Goro has hundreds of years more experience tgan hugo, bullets wont stop goro. Dudes been frozen solid by sub zero and broke out of it minutes later, i highly doubt a little bullet woukd do much. Also proof of hugo being bulletproof?

Goro has beaten people whod hand hugo his butt like the old original kung lao who was earths champion and best fighter during that time before Goro killed him.

Goros strength surpasses hugo easily, hes not ripping off his arms if anything goro rips off hugos arms lol or teleports stomps him, mksm isnt canon but the showing of goros power is accurate. Dude punched thru solid pillars holding up tons....ge also tossed cage across the entire temple room and punched a huge hole in the ground.

Goro smashes Hugo then rips him in half literally.

IndomitableRegal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p0rtal: Well I'm glad you found a way to escape such trivial matters and return to what's truly important, lol. As far as your breakdown...we all know Goro can be taken out in one good punch. Just ask Cage...

Loading Video...

ostarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ p0rtal: First off hardly, mk guys,are more powerful in general and more durable tgan sf guys. Kahn survived getting a hole punched thru his chest by liu kang, where as ryu punched sagats chest giving him a scar that nearly killed him....kahn came back almost instantly.

Did you just compare Shao Khan to Sagat...?

Akuma has better striking feats than Johnny Cage, therefore Street Fighter characters are more powerful in general. See how that doesn't work?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Fallingcliffs

On a serious note, the movie versions arent canon :-P lol but I do love that part.

@ostarion: Youre right everyone knows sagats an ant to shao kahn, my point was durability in general...

Ok, take scorpion less powerful than shao kahn yet still powerful enough to punch a hole clean thru someones head...

If youd like i'll give you more examples, the difference between cage and akuma is ones a goofball who can fight whom nobody takes seriously. The other a master of dark sado who is taken seriously.

Sagat is at least a worthy adversary of ryu, shao kahn survived a chest impalement punch from liu kang. As in punched clean thru his chest, a hole.

It wasnt so much comparing a mere muah tai fighter to a godlike emperor of an entire world, as I said was more so comparing durability of characters from both universes, aside from people getting bones broken yet continuing the fight as if nothing happened.

ostarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ostarion

@fallingcliffs said:

On a serious note, the movie versions arent canon :-P lol but I do love that part.

@ostarion: Youre right everyone knows sagats an ant to shao kahn, my point was durability in general...

Ok, take scorpion less powerful than shao kahn yet still powerful enough to punch a hole clean thru someones head...

If youd like i'll give you more examples, the difference between cage and akuma is ones a goofball who can fight whom nobody takes seriously. The other a master of dark sado who is taken seriously.

Sagat is at least a worthy adversary of ryu, shao kahn survived a chest impalement punch from liu kang. As in punched clean thru his chest, a hole.

It wasnt so much comparing a mere muah tai fighter to a godlike emperor of an entire world, as I said was more so comparing durability of characters from both universes, aside from people getting bones broken yet continuing the fight as if nothing happened.

Okay, Akuma hits harder than Liu-Kang, or Goro, or basically any Mortal Kombat character. My point doesn't change

You are literally saying that a godlike being being able to survive a hole in his chest is comparable to a mortal man being fatally wounded by a blow to the chest. You cannot compare the overall durability of two universes by picking one of the most powerful beings of one universe and comparing it to a relatively normal man in another.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I realize opinion is subjective and all, but this comment is completely grounded in inaccurate information so I won't push my response as undeniable. Its just my opinion. :)

1. SF and Tekken characters are all meta humans, Mortal Kombat Fighters are mortals for the most part with special powers, but still grounded in peak human speed and durability. The Street Fighters are factually superior physically in every way, but the Mortal Kombat fighters are so far ahead of them in skill that it isn't fair to compare them. Kahns physiology is not like a humans, he is something else entirely. The simple fact that he can get punched clean through his chest by a human man is the end of the argument, Kahn is nowhere near as durable as the weakest Street Fighter. Cammy hits harder than him and has survived explosions capable of tearing apart buildings.

2. That was an awesome feat for Liu Kang, but not canon. Despite not being canon per say, it reflects the games when people punch one another through ceilings of stone. Point is, Street Fighter characters don't instantly erupt into a pool of blood when they are flung off high places. Mortal Kombat fighters do.

3. Raiden and similar beings have their powers nerfed during tournaments, however their powers still remain and all their special abilities are still present. They fight as Mortals, this is part of the rules of Mortal Kombat. However, guys like Goro won for so long because he is an 8 foot tall master of martial arts that can punch through solid rock. His body is more durable than most humans and it took a prodigy from Earthrealm to defeat him. Even the great Kung Lao wasn't able to defeat him. Also, regular pointed icicles are capable of killing everyone in Mortal Kombat. Bullets and even some small explosives are laughable to pretty much every Street Fighter.

4. Proof of Hugo being bullet proof is that he can get hit by Akuma, Bison and Ryu's energy blasts and walk away without much damage, blasts capable of literally causing a city building to crumble. Akuma is powerful enough to punch the ground and cause an earthquake that rumbled through an entire small island. Nobody in Mortal Kombat is that powerful, and Hugo can tank Akuma. He is factually the most durable and strongest Street Fighter, his blows are more powerful than Ryu, whom is more than capable of harming Akuma.

5. Goro's strength does not outmatch Hugo. Goro cannot lift and toss tons of weight, Hugo can. Ryu alone can hold a maybe 2 tons of weight above his head in a horse stance for an unknown period of time. Hugo is significantly stronger than Ryu. In Shaolin Monks, Goro tossed Cage to the solid ground and made a small crater and did in fact take out some pillars. I don't think it is questionable to say Goro is very powerful, but based purely on durability and feats of Strength...Street Fighters like Ryu and Guile have survived events that have caused Mortal Kombatants to literally explode into a pool of blood.

Not going to defend Hugo here, because I think as well that Goro would win but this battle is just like the Kang vs Goro debate. Goro is so much stronger and more durable, yet still lost the fight due to Kangs superior skill. This is the same as Hugo vs Goro. Hugo is just so physically superior to Goro, but Goro is an actual master of combat on par with some demi gods. Hugo isn't even 1% as skilled as Goro in my humbled view. If Goro charges in, Hugo is going to knock Goro's face off his skull on the first hit, or Hugo would bear hug him and squeeze him to death. If Goro manages to get past that, he is 100% going to find Hugo's weakness and exploit it for the win.

In the films, lol lk got kicked dead in the chest by reptile thru a 3 foot brick wall not even dazed got up and beat the hell out of reptile. He also had his hand frozen by sub zero only to sting him instead if freeze him.

There are rules in mk but that doesnt ban powers entirely..unless its someone raiden level. Lol

Goro has hundreds of years more experience tgan hugo, bullets wont stop goro. Dudes been frozen solid by sub zero and broke out of it minutes later, i highly doubt a little bullet woukd do much. Also proof of hugo being bulletproof?

Goro has beaten people whod hand hugo his butt like the old original kung lao who was earths champion and best fighter during that time before Goro killed him.

Goros strength surpasses hugo easily, hes not ripping off his arms if anything goro rips off hugos arms lol or teleports stomps him, mksm isnt canon but the showing of goros power is accurate. Dude punched thru solid pillars holding up tons....ge also tossed cage across the entire temple room and punched a huge hole in the ground.

Goro smashes Hugo then rips him in half literally.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@onilordasmodeus got another one for ya, though this one is more cut and dry if you ask me lol.

@ostarion said:

@fallingcliffs said:

Okay, Akuma hits harder than Liu-Kang, or Goro, or basically any Mortal Kombat character. My point doesn't change

You are literally saying that a godlike being being able to survive a hole in his chest is comparable to a mortal man being fatally wounded by a blow to the chest. You cannot compare the overall durability of two universes by picking one of the most powerful beings of one universe and comparing it to a relatively normal man in another.

Really? When has Akuma punched holes through people or people's heads? He doesn't hit harder than Scorpion, Liu Kang or especially Raiden...sorry. The dude oneshotted Motaro a guy that weighs close to 1000 lbs through a bridge of solid thick concreate and steel, then drowned him in seconds...

He has also defeated and banished Shinnok. In a nutshell, Raiden would destroy Akuma...easily. So neither does mine.

No, I'm saying MK characters vs. MK characters in general...

Even Screwattack agrees with matches like these here I'll use Kahn vs. Bison(two of both franchises more powerful people) k? Yet watch the end result, now before you say "SA is biased etc" true, I don't agree with ALL their outcomes for every battle but here, they're 100% on the money...

Loading Video...

Even if I compared LK to Akuma, LK is a metahuman but still considered a "human mortal" but race, yet guy punches holes through godlike emperor's chests, defeats powerful sorcerers like Shang Tsung and reigning half man, half dragon guys like Goro(Shokans) who've had 500 years more experience than Liu Kang...do the math.

@p0rtal said:

How is it inaccurate? Anyone who follows the MK mythos knows it's not inaccurate, Goro has more experience, better strength, durability and will not hold back here against Hugo. Hugo is a brute at the end of the day, he still has 2 arms vs. Goro's 4 arms so if he does grapple Goro, Goro can tech out of it or simply use his 2 extra arms to get out of such.

Incorrect, SF and Tekken aren't metahumans. Tekken? really lol hardly...MK are full of metahumans are you kidding me? Scorpion punches holes through people's heads, Kahn survived being punched through the chest by Liu Kang, Goro and Kintaro have been frozen solid then thawed seconds later...Raiden nearly destroyed Earth centuries ago while defeating and banishing Shinnok. No SF character is a planet buster or near it, at most a mountain. Big deal...Raiden, Kahn can do that. In a soon to be released MK X canon comic story, Sub freezes an entire city...not a block, not house or mile, an entire city! MK characters would destroy SF if they clashed. Ermac literally didn't just rip off Jax's arms but disintegrated them completely(as in left nothing of his arms he made the explode!) Scorpion is already dead and once he BFR's anyone of SF in Hell, he murderstomps. The only normal "people" in MK really are Jax, Sonya, Stryker. Everyone else has powers is a metahuman, God, Cyromancer, spectre, enigma, cyborg enhancements, demon or not even human...if anything most in SF are humans with a few tricks. Big deal. what, shoot a few fireballs, move fast, fight well? Because nobody in MK can do that right? .....

Yes, I know the movies aren't canon but neither are SF's outside media...the movies being one of such, and clearly if you compare SF's characters vs. MK characters movie versions, MK destroys them. The only one who is remotely impressive on screen versions is Bison, and he got beat by a flip kick...considering most MK guys can teleport, have TK, summon fireballs, iceballs, crazy durability etc I'd say MK easily takes that universe.

You also realize Goro won also because of being a great fighter and warrior too, not just because he's durable and can punch through concreate...as I said he'd destroy most SF people too. Still, a great canon feat for LK is the fact that he beat Goro and Shang tsung and Shao Kahn(nearly killed Kahn) as already stated.

Actually, yes Jax can cause earthquakes via his arms that causes tremors...and Raiden can easily destroy a city, Sub-Zero has or will freeze an entire City so yes MK characters can do such. Also, again proof of the canon that Akuma has been beaten by Hugo? Proof that hugo has tanked ryu and bison's energy blasts? You say such but I don't see a panel or in game canon proof, thus it's just speculation on your part. Everything I've posted however HAS or will happen.

Yes, Goro's strength outnumbers Hugo's greatly. Hugo is nothing but a brute, the guy has punched holes in the ground, plowed pillars like cardboard, killed Earthrealms best fighters for 9 legit MK tournaments til Liu Kang including the Great ancient Kung Lao who was said to be one of MKU's best Earth fighters like ever, proof of such again? You keep saying SF characters this, that but without any proof so I don't believe such. What has Ryu and Guile survived that would leave MK guys in a pool of blood? I saw the animes and nothing in any of them suggest that. I have seen things in MK that would kill SF characters though or disable them greatly, like broken legs, arms, necks, holes through chests, being stabbed by cursed kamidogu's(weapons of the Elder Gods) etc you seriously are lowballing MK and hyping up SF guys way too much....I love SF and MK and know outside of Bison and akuma, SF has a cast of average powered people at best and good fighters. MK has that and THEN some....

So wait, you said Hugo is stronger, more powerful and would beat Goro now you think Goro would beat Hugo yet you're saying otherwise? *scratches head* lol whatever dude, probably just best to agree to disagree then but til I see Hugo not being phased by Hadokens, Bison's powers etc I'm going to go with Goro still due to bigger size, strength and most of all experience. The guy's fatality shows him literally picking up people and ripping them apart....that alone is proof he has ton power strength, do you know the force it takes to do something like that?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when has Hugo shown "superior speed and strength" over Goro?

JimboBchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goro ftw

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since when has Hugo shown "superior speed and strength" over Goro?

Exactly lol. Dude looks like a bar bouncer/brawler at best.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didn't Goro get taken down with a nut shot by a non superhuman?

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero: I thought I read "movie versions" in the OP.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ordinaryalan: Nah, less I missed something it doesn't even say which version TBH. I assume video game & comics since he posted pics of the video game versions. I don't know if Hugo even has real feats outside of game mechanics.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By OrdinaryAlan

@lukehero: Yeah, I haven't seen Hugo in any of the Street Fighter movies or comics...

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mickey-mouse

@ordinaryalan: Then Goro wins by default as we can actually measure his feats because he has cutscenes and comics. We can't quantify game mechanics.

Nuffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo would beat movie Goro...

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lukehero said:

@ordinaryalan: Then Goro wins by default as we can actually measure his feats because he has cutscenes and comics. We can't quantify game mechanics.

Agreed.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why can't Goro grab and hold Hugo with his Two Lower Arms and use his Two Upper Arms to Tear Hugo's Head off his Body ? I mean what leverage would Hugo have to even escape if he is being held up by his two arms ? He can't generate any power to kick and his arms are being held while Goro has two extra arms to kill Hugo with.

Avatar image for deactivated-63c1a72900876
deactivated-63c1a72900876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hugo has unblockable grappling moves, can tank a 10 story city building destroying energy blasts and is capable of defeating most street fighter characters...most of which are faster than Bullets. Nobody in Mortal Kombat is anywhere near that speed. The last thing Goro would want to do is try to grapple Hugo. Hugo doesn't need feats per say since he is confirmed as the most physically potent street fighter. Take Ryu and Akuma's feats and multiply them.

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@ MichaelJulius: Actually Reptile and Kabal are faster than bullets, reptile was literally dodging bullets from both Stryker and Kabal in MK 9 while climbing up on a building going towards them, then disabled them with his tongue lol. Raiden and Scorpion and Ermac can also teleport so they can probably dodge them.

Kabal gained super speed via Outworld's magic and was able to run through Quan-Chi's portal from the other side of a room before QC could close it.

Goro still wins here. More feats than Hugo and simply put, stronger and more brutal.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did someone just cite Screwattacks boss battle as justification? Haha. The same guys that said a continent weighs 160,000 tons. Goro is definitely not stronger than Hugo. There is a lot of evidence to support that. We have to get over this featless debate. Everything that Ryu can handle, Hugo can handle a lot more. Chun, Honda and Gen can all blur their attacks, everyone in Street Fighter can leap off buildings and high places without dying instantly. Only Raiden and similar beings can do that, but not during tournament times when the entire Mortal Kombat cast has to fight as mortals. Flippin' Reptile did not dodge bullets, he zig zagged and anticipated, there has been no media saying any Mortal Kombat characters are faster than bullets, Street Fighter already confirmed most of them are faster than bullets, all of them are small explosives proof. Bison Teleports, Dhalsim teleports. Both Ryu and Akuma can jump 50 feet into the air casually, and Akuma punched an island hard enough to cause an earthquake though. Guess, what, Hugo hits harder than Akuma. That really isn't debatable and has been a part of the game play since Hugo first appeared.

Also, I am positively shocked that someone can say Kabal is faster than bullets because he dashed in one scene in MK9. Oh well, that just confirms bullet time I guess? Jeez. :P

Aatroxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goro

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By JuzaCloud

@fallingcliffs: Goes to show you know most of nothing about Street Fighter. Akuma punched a hole in ryu chest in the Ryu:final manga. In that battle a castle and forest area around it was destroyed. You've never seen Evil ryu with a hole in his chest in USF4 game?

-Hugo was able to tank a Shin Shoryuken from ryu and not die. Though he was hospitalized for months.

-Hugo ripped up a statue head, about 20-25 tons, and proceeded to smash sagat over the head with it. Sagat didn't even flinch.

The durability of SF characters is beyond MK characters. A lot think that because they see MK characters punch holes in each other that they are strong. When outside the MK universe SF characters and most street level marvel and DC characters have better durability.

Flex on'em

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WolverineIsTOAA

@juzacloud: Didn't Ryu get shoryuken to the moon as well?

colliderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverineistoaa said:

@juzacloud: Didn't Ryu get shoryuken to the moon as well?

That was from Asura's Wrath Lost Episode DLC which is not canon for mainstream SF games

On topic Hugo stomps

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JuzaCloud

@juzacloud: Didn't Ryu get shoryuken to the moon or something?

In Asura Wrath yes, but that's not canon

@lukehero said:

Agreed.

Yall don't know anything about SF lol. Show Goro feats because Goro isn't even above 1-2 tons in strength. I've already researched a Beast (x-men) vs Goro thread to get the scoop.....http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/goro-vs-beast-680714/

Hugo is a 20 tonner

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JuzaCloud
OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@juzacloud: Yeah, I'm not sure that showing Hugo getting KO'd by a single kick from Sagat is your best bet in showing how powerful he is.

Here's the translation of your scan.

"This is the story of Sagat, rather the lessons of Sagat. As the story starts we see Hugo's diesel truck parked outside of a temple in the heart of Thailand. Hugo is taking swings at Sagat. Although he towers over the mighty Thai, he is unable to land a solid hit on him. Sagat is motionless and allows Hugo to throw punches that don't seem to faze him. In a fit of anger Hugo lifts the stone head of a Buddha and throws it down on Sagat. It shatters into a million pieces and this gets a reaction. Sagat takes down the mighty giant with one kick. He then remembers his life of fighting."

No mention at all that the head weighed 20 tons, btw. That sounds entirely like speculation on your part.

Avatar image for doctor_wheatley
Doctor_Wheatley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs: Akuma hits harder than liu kang or Scorpion... He punched an entire island into a milion pieces.. Kicked a submarine from the ocean into the surface and the non-canon stuff where he busted the moon and uppercutted a meteore the size of the moon or something like that.

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JuzaCloud

@juzacloud: Yeah, I'm not sure that showing Hugo getting KO'd by a single kick from Sagat is your best bet in showing how powerful he is.

Here's the translation of your scan.

"This is the story of Sagat, rather the lessons of Sagat. As the story starts we see Hugo's diesel truck parked outside of a temple in the heart of Thailand. Hugo is taking swings at Sagat. Although he towers over the mighty Thai, he is unable to land a solid hit on him. Sagat is motionless and allows Hugo to throw punches that don't seem to faze him. In a fit of anger Hugo lifts the stone head of a Buddha and throws it down on Sagat. It shatters into a million pieces and this gets a reaction. Sagat takes down the mighty giant with one kick. He then remembers his life of fighting."

No mention at all that the head weighed 20 tons, btw. That sounds entirely like speculation on your part.

Most definitely is speculation on my part, hince the 20-25 ton boulder part. Here is a 20 ton boulder right here. roughly the same size as the one Hugo picked up. Are you about to attempt to lowball Hugo strength? because there isn't indication on how strong Goro is in any of his game, comics, etc media. We know he gets toppled by fighters way lesser than hugo though that can't match the feats of SF characters.

No Caption Provided

JuzaCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JuzaCloud
Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Fallingcliffs

@doctor_wheatley said:

@fallingcliffs: Akuma hits harder than liu kang or Scorpion... He punched an entire island into a milion pieces.. Kicked a submarine from the ocean into the surface and the non-canon stuff where he busted the moon and uppercutted a meteore the size of the moon or something like that.

Akuma never did that in the canon though...I asked about that feat in past MK vs. SF topics and several SF fans told me it wasn't canon so don't count. You also said yourself not canon, if we're using non canon stuff Scorpion would oneshot him via Deception's Elder God amp where he literally was powerful enough to fly through Onaga's body(who was invincible having the kamidogu which let him do virtually anything) He also defeated Blaze in his MKA ending and resurrected his family and clan with a thought.

Deception ending wasn't canon, but only cause Shujinko killed Onaga before he could...otherwise the power amp is canon during original timeline and was powerful enough to do this.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Also, non canon feats by Scorpion in MK vs. DC he kicked Superman across a block....

Kicking Superman in the chest>>>>anything akuma's done in the non canon.

No Caption Provided

Combat power, Scorpion and LK hit harder. He's never punched a hole through someone's chest or head they have.

In the canon, I don't see what's stopping Scorpion from doing this to Akuma or nearly anyone in SF really.

No Caption Provided

Liu Kang nearly killed someone million times more powerful than Akuma in Shao Kahn.

No Caption Provided