#1 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

vs

Doc Ock

Rhino

The Lizard

Obviously we can't let Donkey Kong over there use telepathy/telekinesis, other wise this would be a mismatch.

Conditions:

No TP/TK for Grodd

Blood Lust

Pre-52 Grodd

Current Spidey Villains

Grodd has a days time to review the bios and stats of his opponents (prior knowledge)

Incapacitation/K.O./Death count as WIN

Someone unleashed a few Zoo animals ... who wins

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

i don't know much of grodds feats, bit i think they can take him

#3 Posted by PossesedShadow (70 posts) - - Show Bio

How is he suppose to take Rhino physically?

#4 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

villains stomp

#5 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, the open area is gonna be an advantage for Rhino.

#6 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

@PossesedShadow said:

How is he suppose to take Rhino physically?

i though that too, lizard and rhino can easily take grod physically while ock will be the brains of the operation

#7 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1267 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be more of a battle if Grodd could at least use TP on the zoo animals so they only attack the other villains, though that version of Doc Ock would just punch holes in them, Rhino could toss them a mile away and Lizard will have a few good meals.

#8 Posted by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (4779 posts) - - Show Bio

Due to Grodds lack of tp he loses this fight badly

#9 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

#10 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9184 posts) - - Show Bio

Villians would win most likely. 
Although Grodd is pretty strong himself. 

#12 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty: tossing a beetle. whoa superman. spidey could do that.

#13 Posted by PossesedShadow (70 posts) - - Show Bio

#14 Posted by jashro44 (19121 posts) - - Show Bio

Grodds got some serious durability from what I have seen. Pretty sure current rhino is the only one who can hurt him.

#15 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

Rhino solos.

@OmegaDynasty: Nice strength feat :)

#16 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

Villians would win most likely.
Although Grodd is pretty strong himself.

It's funny, I was just reading DC's RPG and it actually gives a really good description on Grood's powers.....not saying we can use this in a Vs. debate but I found it interesting.

Intelligent - Grood's intellect equal a professional who is one of three world authorities on a subject (10)

Strength - Grood can lift 1,600 to 6,400 tons (16)

Body - Grood's body can withstand high impact explosive that could demolish a reinforced concrete bunker. Characters with a Body in this range literally possess steel hard skin. (11)

Powers/Abilities - Like all members of his race, Grood underwent an evolutionary process that boosted his intelligence to super-human levels and gave him amazing psionic powers. Currently, Grood can communicate telepathically, control minds bu exercising his tremendous willpower, project psionic blasts, and telekinetically lift objects weighing up to 60 tons. Grodd can also change the molecular structure and shape of up to 250 cubic feet of matter and can transfer his own personality into the mind of others.

Beyond his mental power, Grood is an extremely skilled scientist. Over the years he has developed innumerable high tech gadget and weapons.

I know we don't use RPG stats on Vs. board but I got to say if Grood's stats where actually true in the comics, he would be a bad MOFO. :)

#17 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheAcidSkull: @PossesedShadow: @TERMINATORXX: @gunmetalgrey:@Lone_Wolf_and_Cub:

just a little reminder of what Grodd is

Takes three thousand punches from Wally, doesn't care.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...47kebbin16.jpg

Grodd against modern Wally West. Throws a VW Beetle through a building with one hand. By the time he was taken down--by means of electrocuting him with a line used to power an entire apartment block, followed by injecting him with a dozen times the tranquilizer needed to put down an elephant--he'd wrecked several square blocks. And this was drugged-out, confused Grodd who'd just broken out of his restraints.

1803038-178_super.jpg (472×588)

1803039-178b_super.jpg (491×586)

1803040-178c_super.jpg (497×780)

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...78kebbin12.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...78kebbin13.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...78kebbin14.jpg

Takes a punch blitz from Wally, keeps his footing against an arm cyclone, and then takes no real damage from a blast from Fallout--a radioactive guy who kills ordinary humans and melts solid rock in seconds, just by walking past. Fallout's actual blasts can blow apart a fifteen-foot heap of Flash-compacted metal debris.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...14NastyNat.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...15NastyNat.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...17NastyNat.jpg

Fight with Flash in Gorilla City. Oh, and there's a missing page there; Grodd not only fell several hundred feet, he fell onto a pile of Gorilla City electroshock weapons Wally assembled. Then gets blitzed. Didn't put him down.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92..._fl211_p05.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92..._fl211_p06.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...211_p10-11.jpg

Psychically disables Nightwing while beating on Flash. A little later, Wally KOs him...by punching him from Keystone to Wyoming so hard Grodd's fur catches fire from friction. Basically with the force of an IMP, the caliber of which Flashed used on Zum to knock him a state away. This only knocked Grodd out.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...sh_223_17R.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...sh_223_18R.jpg

So ...

#18 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@PossesedShadow said:

lol you haven't made one good thread yet ... so who's thread is bad? ... if I gave Grodd his powers... he would effortlessly stomp the team and probably a larger team of Spidey's villains easily .... so this is the most fair matchup involving Grodd and a few of Spidey's rouges you're gonna get

#19 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

Without TP for Grodd means Spidey villains win this.

#20 Posted by matchesmalone21 (8242 posts) - - Show Bio

OUt of order!!!

#21 Posted by Onemoreposter (3865 posts) - - Show Bio

Grodd has a genius level intellect. You never said this was a pure h2h fight. As such grodd stomps. The guy is capable of inventing serious tech and weaponry and the day of prep you gave him will be more than enough.

However, in a pure h2h battle I'd still give it to Grodd 7/10. Even without tp Grodd is often shown having the physicality to match the Flash in battle. I don't think Rhino will be a problem.

#22 Posted by Typhion (622 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyWalker said:

@OmegaDynasty: tossing a beetle. whoa superman. spidey could do that.

lol, not on a frozen rope through a building. Taking away Grod's TP does hamper him a ton. Still he's got plenty of smarts and is likely physically at least equal to the best of Spidey's villains. With minimal prep and tech, he goes down, but he doesn't get soloed by anyone, nor does anyone stomp. With TP or a little more prep, he owns.

#23 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#24 Posted by NeonGameWave (7685 posts) - - Show Bio

Villains.

#25 Edited by SupermanWins465 (218 posts) - - Show Bio

Without Telepathy/mindrape grodd takes a loss.    mindrape is like grodds omega beams..

#26 Posted by Bane_of_sith (2758 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think this is as one sided as many of you are saying,,,it's actually a good fight, I think grodd could take this, he still possesses super strength,senses,and agility,,not to mention a genius level intellect,,he's around a class 75 so he could hang with these guys, and rhino jobs for much weaker foes than grodd,,if he could hang in there with kalibak he should fare well in this fight

#27 Edited by Bruticus112 (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Grodd is easly going to beat Lizard up-close, since I think Grodd can lift/press 25 tons and Lizard can only lift/press 12 tons and Grodd has more durability, so he would probably flatten Lizard with a couple of punches. Doc Ock it depends. Up-close Grodd would probably tear Ock apart, but has a reach advantage since he can his arms longer (couldn't put it in a better way lol). Against Rhino he doesn't stand a chance at close-range since Rhino can lift/press 80 tons and has far greater durability. Anyway, Doc Ock would probably be the brains so I dont know if he would fight at all, but instead think of a perfect way for Rhino and Lizard to attack so I think Doc Ock, Lizard and Rhino would win.

#28 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days: So Grodd is more durable than Anti-Moniter?

What kinda smart ass question is that.....course not.

Wally doesn't gain enough speed to hit Grodd that hard and wouldn't since he doesn't kill and punches like that would obliterate Grodd. Wally fought the Anti-Monitor in space where he is able to run all up and down his enemy at lethal speeds (I'd imagine a little over sub-light speed) without worrying about killing it, Wally was without morals in that situation.

Any more smart ass questions?

#30 Edited by matchesmalone21 (8242 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Chibio (920 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm afraid that many people in this thread think that Gorilla Grodd is just a smart gorilla with mental powers. He has actual superhuman stats. Of course nothing on pair with Superman and the others, but he can take a punch. His only problem would be Rhino, who is stronger and more durable, but Rhino has a vulnerable face and Gorilla Grodd has the brains to find that out and the agility to hit it.

#32 Edited by nickthedevil (11394 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

@chibio: Rhino has a vulnerable face and Gorilla Grodd has the brains to find that out and the agility to hit it.

Either that or build a neural scrambler with a pistol grip, but yeah...

@ancient_0f_days: Any more smart ass questions?

He was probably just yanking your chain, Ancient One. He must've known that Wally wasn't just running fast, but he was also vibrating out of control the whole time. Every novice knows that whatever Wally West vibrates through explodes nearly on contact. He had to know that. I'm sure of it. I think...o_O

#34 Edited by Pokergeist (22351 posts) - - Show Bio

Spider Villains in a difficult fight.

#35 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Edited by ZombieMowlcher (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombiemowlcher:

He's actually a very funny and insightful guy. You know, when people aren't purposely yanking at his chain that is. Is'nt that right, @ancient_0f_days?

#42 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

You know it's all love, mon ami. That's why I try to stay in a good mood here on the 'Vine:)

#44 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

By the way, I kind of miss your old avatar. "Troll Patrol" FTW!!! LOL!

#45 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (667 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

@zombiemowlcher:

@heraldofganthet: Don't forget short fused.

No worries, mon ami. The longest fuse in North America is right here in my pan... er, pocket. Yeah, that's it....

#47 Posted by Ancient_0f_Days (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

@ancient_0f_days:

By the way, I kind of miss your old avatar. "Troll Patrol" FTW!!! LOL!

Yeah I know....but in lieu of the the past month....I just feel as if there's respect to be paid. Anyway, I'll probably get back on my troll patrol in the coming days ahead.

@heraldofganthet: Don't forget short fused.

paying attention helps

#48 Posted by HeraldofGanthet (3190 posts) - - Show Bio

bump