#1 Posted by BlackWind (6123 posts) - - Show Bio
Gorilla Grodd
Aquaman

Orin catches cuts Grodd off in an attempt to steal Atlantean technology. Considering this a crime against the kingdom, he aims to stop the psychopathic gorilla. This will be Aquaman during his time as the Waterbearer.

Location: Rainforest with an oasis in it

Mindset: Both in character

Knowledge: Canon Knowledge

#2 Posted by BlackWind (6123 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump!

#3 Posted by jwalser3 (4901 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman stomps. 10/10

#4 Edited by comicfan11 (740 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre DCnU Grodd had one good TP showing against AQ, but AQ was a rookie back then

AQ destroys Grodd if he comes anywhere near him and decides to engage in h2h.

Stronger, faster, quicker, more durable, great leadership and fighting skills and with the Water hand also a better Telepath with magic and water manipulation...

Yeah AQ 11/10

#5 Posted by Lord Shiva (794 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, I would like to read more about this waterbeaer hand....as I assummed both to be really close when it came to states. Anyone with feats....

#6 Posted by Reignmaker (2235 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Aquaman is the hero. Good always prevails! Amirite?

#7 Posted by nickthedevil (12108 posts) - - Show Bio

Grodd. It took Flash punches that knocked him across the country. Literally. Aquaman doesn't have the strength to put down GG. GG 8/10

#8 Posted by XiiX (8050 posts) - - Show Bio

*Bump

#9 Posted by dondave (36587 posts) - - Show Bio

Aquaman

#10 Posted by Pokeysteve (8253 posts) - - Show Bio

@Reignmaker said:

Well, Aquaman is the hero. Good always prevails! Amirite?

Ozymandias thinks you are not lol

#11 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

Well current Grodd has speed force, which is cool.

Grodd likely is just as strong as Aquaman, and has better TP prowess than Aquaman, i think i will side with Grodd.

Online
#12 Posted by beatboks1 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

@nickthedevil said:

Grodd. It took Flash punches that knocked him across the country. Literally. Aquaman doesn't have the strength to put down GG. GG 8/10

Aquaman pre DCNu (as per this) had the strength to " put down" Superboy, Martian Manhunter, and Warrior amongst others. He had the durability to take Wonder Woman's blows, point black explosions, strong energy blasts and multiple other attacks. What makes you think Grodd is going to fair any better.

@Killemall said:

Well current Grodd has speed force, which is cool.

Grodd likely is just as strong as Aquaman, and has better TP prowess than Aquaman, i think i will side with Grodd.

Really AQ has mind raped White Martians, defeated dimensional entities in telepathic battle and in his TP battle with Kordax every living thing under the seas experienced immense pain with the overload of their psionic battle. I've yet to see Grodd have anything near that (though I haven't seen DCNu if he exists yet)

#13 Posted by Killemall (18559 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Grodd has beaten Martian Manhunter in telepathy before, and as per TP feat there isnt any better. Not an issue i have read but a scan i saw in a thread where Grodd was put against pretty much the whole Avengers Roster.

Online
#14 Posted by 80sBaby (1343 posts) - - Show Bio

@beatboks1: Um, that Superboy Aquaman beat wasn't kryptonian, at all. You do know that, right? He didn't have superspeed nor was he anywhere as strong/durable/fast as he was after the Geoff-con. Not really an impressive showing.

#15 Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

@Killemall said:

@beatboks1: Grodd has beaten Martian Manhunter in telepathy before, and as per TP feat there isnt any better. Not an issue i have read but a scan i saw in a thread where Grodd was put against pretty much the whole Avengers Roster.

That scan was out of context. Grodd was using a machine to amplify his powers in that issue (Martian Manhunter Annual #2) but ultimately he still lost.

Moderator
#16 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

What the matter you hate grodd or you're mocking of aquaman?

#17 Posted by beatboks1 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

@80sBaby said:

@beatboks1: Um, that Superboy Aquaman beat wasn't kryptonian, at all. You do know that, right? He didn't have superspeed nor was he anywhere as strong/durable/fast as he was after the Geoff-con. Not really an impressive showing.

Yes I know that, how is it unimpressive to take down someone with a TK shield that makes them invulnerable ?? Also MM is Superman level. Guy Gardner / Warrior also had very good durability, and WW isn't a slouch either. besides which when it comes down to it water bearer AQ (which is the case here I believe) also took down Superman with his control of water and ability to dehydrate. He could simply remove all the water from Grodd the way he did from Supe's (and he was Kryptonian level)

#18 Posted by oceanmaster21 (7900 posts) - - Show Bio

Grodd wins

#19 Posted by BlackWind (6123 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol. I remember making this.