gorgon vs kenshi

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shavo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Shavo
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

who wins?

Avatar image for OniLordAsmodeus
onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By onilordasmodeus
@KINGJAMES447: Damn man! Another good one.

I know very little about Gorgon, but after reading up on him a bit I can see that he as a major advantage over Kenshi: durability/regeneration.

I'm sure Kenshi can match Gorgon in speed since while Gorgon has a degree of super-speed, Kenshi has teleportation. Skillwise I think the are pretty even.

Gorgon's ability to regenerate, his extraordinary bone density, and his superhuman strength would give him him a clear advantage in a purely physical fight with Kenshi, but Kenshi's TK kinda evens the score IMO on that front. While Gorgon can lift 1 ton+, and can use that strength to deliver powerful blows, Kenshi's TK has shown to be pretty powerful as he's ripped/blown/smashed people apart with his TK.

Kenshi's sword style revolves around not only the use of his physical muscles in order to strike his opponents, but every strike he delivers has the backing of his TK. He uses it to such great affect that he can actually duel with just the use of his mind, so in essence he can engage Gorgon while not having to get too close to him.

All in all I think it could go either way but I'd give the advantage to Kenshi; 6/4. While Gorgon's bones are reinforced, his joints don't seem to be, and Kenshi has shown the ability to exploit and attack those weaknesses with great effectiveness.

Kenshi for the incapacitation/dismeberment win.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Ferro Vida

@onilordasmodeus: Gorgon also has telepathy. He knows every move Kenshi is going to make before he does it.

I don't see Kenshi causing enough damage to put Gorgon down.

OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OmegaDynasty

Probably Gorgon. 
Been done before 

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kenshi-vs-gorgon/644066/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/tomi-shishido-v-kenshi/611653/ 
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/multi-media-street-leveler-tournament-gorgon-vs-kenshi/694281/

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Ferro Vida:

I didn't mention Gorgon's TP because I really didn't think it would be a factor in this fight. Kenshi is guided by the multitude of souls bound to his ancestral sword; Gorgon can try to read Kenshi, but the power of his sword will most likely protect him. Gorgon's not fighting one mind here, but likely dozens if not many more.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ferro Vida

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Ferro Vida:

I didn't mention Gorgon's TP because I really didn't think it would be a factor in this fight. Kenshi is guided by the multitude of souls bound to his ancestral sword; Gorgon can try to read Kenshi, but the power of his sword will most likely protect him. Gorgon's not fighting one mind here, but likely dozens if not many more.

Can you prove that?

Gorgon doesn't need to read dozens of minds. Kenshi may be guided by them, but he still knows what he is doing. Which means that Gorgon will know what he is doing.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Ferro Vida:

Just to be clear, i don't mean protect him from getting his mind read, I mean guide his movements to the point that he doesn't have to think. The souls of Kenshi's ancestor fight with him.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ferro Vida

@onilordasmodeus said:

@Ferro Vida:

Just to be clear, i don't mean protect him from getting his mind read, I mean guide his movements to the point that he doesn't have to think. The souls of Kenshi's ancestor fight with him.

So your argument is that Kenshi wouldn't be thinking at all, and thus Gorgon's telepathy wouldn't work? Fair enough. That still doesn't address the issue of Gorgon's healing factor and speed.

onilordasmodeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By onilordasmodeus

@Ferro Vida:

Healing factor; Kenshi has no answer for that, and that's one of the reason why i say it could ultimately go either, that along with Gorgon's superior physical strength and stamina; but Kenshi can match Gorgon's physcial superiorities mainly through his TK in conbination with his teleportation abilities.

With his heightened senses, Kenshi can react to slight sounds, smells, or changes in atmosphere (like I'm sure Gorgon can), but unlike Gorgon he doesn't have to turn to face his opponent, or physically block anything. Gorgon can't rush in on Kenshi directly because he'll hit an invisible wall of force if he's not carelful, and Kenshi effectively has no blind spots for Gorgon to exploit (this speaking from a 1v1 duel perspecive).

I give Gorgon a lot of credit since I realize he's really smart, and given enough time he can probably find a way in; the longer the fight the worse for Kenshi. But once Kenshi catches him its over.

Kenshi probably won't be slicing his bones, or overpowering him outright, but his joints are a weakspot that Kenshi can attack mentally.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@OmegaDynasty said:
Probably Gorgon. Been done before  http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/kenshi-vs-gorgon/644066/ http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/tomi-shishido-v-kenshi/611653/ http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/multi-media-street-leveler-tournament-gorgon-vs-kenshi/694281/