• 52 results
jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@slimj87d said:

Mister X is able to do it and he's not super fast, not even rated faster than Spider-ma if I can remember.

But I wasn't actually trying to take away from the feat at all.

I know you weren't trying to take the feat away from Gorgon but what I am saying is that having foreknowledge can only bring you so far. For example if you were to give one of us a sword and we were to try to do the same thing with a few minutes of warning that someone was going to shoot at us we probably wouldn't be able to block a bullet let alone all of those bullets by creating what is basically a wall with are swords.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@jashro44 said:

@slimj87d said:

Mister X is able to do it and he's not super fast, not even rated faster than Spider-ma if I can remember.

But I wasn't actually trying to take away from the feat at all.

I know you weren't trying to take the feat away from Gorgon but what I am saying is that having foreknowledge can only bring you so far. For example if you were to give one of us a sword and we were to try to do the same thing with a few minutes of warning that someone was going to shoot at us we probably wouldn't be able to block a bullet let alone all of those bullets by creating what is basically a wall with are swords.

My point was that Mr. X is able to do the exact same feat but according to his handbook entry, his stats aren't anywhere near Gorgon's who is supposed to be superhuman in many areas. It would be hard to gauge Gorgon without his telepathy, it's a big factor in this match and we don't know how he is capable of performing without it.

So again, by taking away his telepathy, we don't know how much of the feat has to do with skill and coordination or just plain speed. Is he so fast that he can just swing the sword in a circle and block all the bullets? Or does he know where the bullets are going to be and swings accordingly?

Based off of his fight with Phobos, Wolverine and Iron Fist, I believe a lot of it has to do with his skill, coordination and TP. Sure he's still fast, but he's not going to blitz anyone while striking faster than a bullet.