Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TrueIlluminatus
@texasdeathmatch: You beat me to the punch.
Kurupted13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Kurupted13

Oh well I thought Gorgon would win anyways

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

It gives both of them a day of prep, which is the reason it stays open.

Ina random fight, I echo the opinion that Gorgon would win.

Kurupted13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Kurupted13

@Morpheus_: Now with 24 hour prep who would you think will win?

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@Kurupted13:Difficult to say. Deathstroke has great prep feats but Gorgon is also an extraordinary genius. The prep truly balances things out.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_ said:

@Kurupted13:Difficult to say. Deathstroke has great prep feats but Gorgon is also an extraordinary genius. The prep truly balances things out.

It should be taken into account that while Gorgon is a genius his intelligence has shown to be more associated with things that aren't related with combat, unless I'm missing a particular appearance of the character. (Speaking of the Secret Warriors specifically which I want to, but haven't read)

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp:I know, that's why I mentioned feats for Deathstroke and sheer intellect for Gorgon. Feat-wise Slade has Tomi beat when it comes to prep but I'm just not writing him off.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_: I see. I'm not sure how sheer intellect would help him out though, I don't really think its feasible to assume intellects can apply their knowledge to the battlefield (unless its to usurp of enemies' weaknesses). I can see how its different with Gorgon, but I don't think his prep quite measures up to Deathstroke. I kind of skimmed through the OP, I kind of ignored the 24 hour prep rule. I think its far more balanced out than I had first seen it to be.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

@ReVamp:The entire Enemy of the State storyline was practically devised and orchestrated by the Gorgon so I wouldn't call his intellect solely applicable to non combative situations. His feats in that aspect don't hold up to Slade's but it's not like he's highly intelligent in anything but strategy, either.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_: Haven't read that. At least anything more than skimming through it. But as far as I remember he didn't really do anything that is worthy of mentioning as a feat that would help him in direct combat. Him brainwashing Wolverine and everything is a "great" plan and all, but the thing is that it won't help him at all in a fight with Slade, it shows a different component of strategy. Unless you're mentioning something different to what I'm aware you're referencing. As I've mentioned I'm not as familiar with the story as I'd like.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator
@ReVamp: I know it's not a direct combat feat for Gorgon himself, but it requires a certain amount of foresight and methodical planning to accomplish. Killing Logan and brainwashing him was simply the tip of the iceberg, the equipment Logan carried along with the missions and locations he was being sent at were also part of the plan. If memory serves right the plan was to kill and resurrect other influential figures of the MU and have them under the Hand's control. So it's not something that would require direct intervention by Gorgon, but also a concept that was highly ambitious in itself, higher than, say, Slade trying to capture the Titans or defending Dr Light from the JLA. Slade's feats are more straightforward and applicable to this kind of debate but Gorgon's appeal comes with long term planning.
nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nefarious

With prep, the Terminator wins. He could use a mirror to reflect the stone stare back on Tomi, the same way Logan did. 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ReVamp

@Morpheus_: Which unfortunately doesn't help him here at all. (Long-term planning that is). :P

Dex_Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Dex_Starr

With 24 hours prep I'd have to go with Slade.

Avatar image for earthquake_2123
Earthquake_2123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Earthquake_2123

@nefarious: with prep he won"t go for stare right away, he could also use an Adamantium sword, plus he's a telepath. Going with Gorgon here