Gorgon Runs The Gauntlet

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

The Gorgon has entered himself in to the Tournament of the Seven Heavenly Cities in a bid to take over the 8th City and claim it for the hand, can he do it?

Fight Takes Place In the Heart of Heaven

Win By Death, Incapacitation or Submission

1 Days Rest Between Each Fight

Standard Equipment For All

No Caption Provided

Round 1

Dog Brother #1
Dog Brother #1

Round 2

Tiger's Beautiful Daughter
Tiger's Beautiful Daughter

Round 3

Bride of Nine Spiders
Bride of Nine Spiders

Round 4

Fat Cobra
Fat Cobra

Round 5

Davos as the Steel Phoenix
Davos as the Steel Phoenix

Round 6

Iron Fist
Iron Fist

Round 7

Prince of Orphans
Prince of Orphans

Bonus Round

Lei Kung the Thunderer
Lei Kung the Thunderer

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Clears the first two easily as Dog Brother and the Daughter have no real feats outside of beating on cannon fodder. Probably beats the Bride with slight difficulty.

Fat Cobra and Davos will give him some problems but I see Gorgon eventually winning. Iron Fist will be very tough. In fact, I am inclined to give Danny the edge there, although I can be persuaded otherwise.

No chance of him beating Prince of Orphans though, unless he gets him with the Stone Stare, which will only work if the Prince doesn't know about it beforehand (even then it might fail to work).

I'm not sure about the bonus round.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

Clears the first two easily as Dog Brother and the Daughter have no real feats outside of beating on cannon fodder. Probably beats the Bride with slight difficulty.

Fat Cobra and Davos will give him some problems but I see Gorgon eventually winning. Iron Fist will be very tough. In fact, I am inclined to give Danny the edge there, although I can be persuaded otherwise.

No chance of him beating Prince of Orphans though, unless he gets him with the Stone Stare, which will only work if the Prince doesn't know about it beforehand (even then it might fail to work).

Good run down! That's pretty much how I have it worked out although I would hope Fat Cobra and the Steel Phoenix would make it difficult on Gorgon.

ShenKuei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shenkuei said:

Good run down! That's pretty much how I have it worked out although I would hope Fat Cobra and the Steel Phoenix would make it difficult on Gorgon.

They can definitely make it difficult on him.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd pay to see a well written, extended fight with Iron Fist and Gorgon. Would be comic gold done right.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dondave

Technically Gorgon wouldn't fight all of them in Tournament of the Seven Heavenly Cities but I digress.

He should get to Danny without too much trouble with Fat Cobra providing the most resistance especially with his Lightning whip. But the combination of his telepathy, stone stare and Grasscutter should give Gorgon the win.

Despite what Bendis wrote, I'd give Gorgon a slight majority over Danny.

He definitely loses against Aman, Intangible Blitz ftw.

I'd say he be able to defeat Lei Kung. Despite obviously being more skilled than Danny, he doesn't really have the feats to back it up.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: I know he'd fight 2 or 3 at the most but for the purposes of the gauntlet it's different. We'll say that in order for Gorgon to have a place in the tournament the Dragon Kings have decided he must face all Immortal Weapons

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

bump

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jashro44  Online

Squeaks by iron fist and won't beat the prince of orphans from what I have heard.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Roughly 7.

Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By homicidalmaniac

Stop at Prince

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
Avatar image for homicidalmaniac
homicidalmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@jonny_anonymous: Lei Kung.If I recall correctly Lei is overall better than Danny in combat.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@homicidalmaniac: Yea he is. He's an ancient mystical Dragon King that's trained every Iron Fist through the ages.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave said:

Technically Gorgon wouldn't fight all of them in Tournament of the Seven Heavenly Cities but I digress.

He should get to Danny without too much trouble with Fat Cobra providing the most resistance especially with his Lightning whip. But the combination of his telepathy, stone stare and Grasscutter should give Gorgon the win.

Despite what Bendis wrote, I'd give Gorgon a slight majority over Danny.

He definitely loses against Aman, Intangible Blitz ftw.

I'd say he be able to defeat Lei Kung. Despite obviously being more skilled than Danny, he doesn't really have the feats to back it up.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump

Hiddenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I say that he stops at Iron Fist, but Cobra and Steel Phoenix can manage to stop him too. Round 3 he wins with some problems.

xtreme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By xtreme1

Gorgon doesn't clear because he's not getting past Prince of Orphan in his mist form.

1. Dog Brother - I've never seen him use chi amps or energy attack, he's just a very skilled swordsman and martial artist without powers. Gorgon destroys him.
  2. Tiger's Beautiful Daughter - Same answer as 1 except TBD uses fighting fans instead of swords. Gorgon destroys.
  3. Bride of Nine Spiders - The BoNS can annoy Gorgon with her spider swarm but he'll tank it with his healing factor and cut off her head.
  4. Fat Cobra - IMO FC is the third most powerful Immortal Weapon after Prince of Orphans and Iron Fist and I would put him above Davos. Other than that I agree with the order of combatants. Fat Cobra can defeat Gorgon. He has a very high level of skill on the level of Danny Rand, superhuman strength, speed, and durability, and has long range chi energy attacks. However I still think Gorgon takes a majority.
  5. Steel Pheonix - He's similar to Iron Fist except not as powerful. Gorgon takes a solid majority.
  6. Iron Fist - I'm leaning towards Gorgon taking a slight majority. He can tank a lot of Danny's attacks but Danny has no answer for the stone stare. Danny can definitely win here and that's why I gave Gorgon only a slight majority. Also when they fought in Dark Avengers I think the writer either ignored or forgot that Gorgon is a pre-cog. Same as Gorgon's fight with Shang-Chi, the writer ignored his pre-cog.
  7. Prince of Orphans - Gorgon stops here and loses. When Aman is in his mist form Gorgon has no way to touch him. I don't even think the stone stare will work.
  8. Bonus Round Lei Kung - Gorgon wins. Lei Kung has no powers, he's just supremely skilled and very experienced because of his long life. But it's not enough to get past Gorgon's strength, speed, skill, pre-cog, healing, and stone stare.
Avatar image for supermanwithatan01
Supermanwithatan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump, I’d say he stops hard at 7.