#1 Edited by nick_hero22 (7273 posts) - - Show Bio

The winner is detemined through Death or KO. The fights takes place in the middle of a busy street in New York City, the area is surrounded by vehicles and civilians.

Deathstroke (Promethium Sword, Combat Knife, Beretta M9, Uzi, & Power Staff)

Gorgon (Samurai Sword)

VS

Midnighter (Bo-Staff and 25 Shruikens)

No Doors

#2 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

I''d go with team.

#3 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter, though the combination of Slade and Tomi makes it close.

Moderator
#4 Posted by Dacce (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke is enough

#5 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dacce said:

Deathstroke is enough

LOL no. Neither Slade nor Tomi can beat Midnighter by themselves.

Moderator
#6 Edited by Dacce (17 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke and midnighter are usually even in my mind both have pretty crazy feats but the setting favors deathstroke and adding another player Gorgon no less makes this a win for them. Which is why I said deathstroke would be enough

#7 Posted by Kurupted13 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

@Dacce said:

Deathstroke and midnighter are usually even in my mind both have pretty crazy but the setting favors deathstroke and adding another player Gorgon no less makes this a win for them. Which is why I said deathstroke would be enough

Thats the flaw in your argument.

They can't solo against Midnighter.

Midnighter takes this in a close match.

#8 Posted by LordStoop (513 posts) - - Show Bio

Couldn't Gorgon just turn him to stone.

#9 Edited by Nefarious (22923 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter kills both after a nice fight.

#10 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordStoop said:

Couldn't Gorgon just turn him to stone.

That's only if Midnighter looks at him. Thing is, the battle computer in Midnighter's brain forewarns him of his opponent's abilities before the fight starts, and also allows him to know every move they make before they make them. This is because the battle computer forsees millions of different outcomes of the fight.

#11 Posted by pooty (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: So Midnighters computer would tell him about "The Stare" even before Gorgon uses it? He would be able to tell Daredevil is blind and has super senses? I know little of the computers full capabilities

#12 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Yes. As for Daredevil, I think it would only know of his abilities, but not his blindness. All he has to do is look at his opponents.

#13 Posted by pooty (11727 posts) - - Show Bio

@Static Shock: alright. Midnighter is above peak human but i don't know to what extent. Even if he knows what will happen is he fast enough to stop them. He still has to fight 2 superhuman opponents and may have to do it with his eyes closed.

#14 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@pooty: Midnighter has been able to tag speedsters and move faster than speedsters can him. He's even reacted fast enough to kick a tank shell back at the tank that fired it.

#15 Posted by Outside_85 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: Sry, but it sounds a little odd that this computer knows that Gorgons stare will be fatal, since it appears to be a passive ability (unless this computer somehow has a link to external databases).
#16 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Outside_85 said:

@Static Shock: Sry, but it sounds a little odd that this computer knows that Gorgons stare will be fatal, since it appears to be a passive ability (unless this computer somehow has a link to external databases).

The computer has some sort of scanner that allows it to assess what the opponent can do concerning powers and abilities.... as stupid as it sounds.

#17 Posted by Outside_85 (10297 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock: @Erik: Granted it appears to be one of those abilities that could be horrendously abused (by the writer) when used on top with all the other stuff he seems to have, but yeah it seems to work the way you say it does.
#18 Posted by SuperTide (15578 posts) - - Show Bio

Midnighter by an inch.

#19 Posted by Sideslash (5918 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know which way this would go, but it'll be very slight.

#20 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

So is Gorgon's ability passive? I know he usually has shades and a blind fold but does he control his stone gaze?

#21 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hohenheim_of_light: He can't stop it.

#22 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Gorgon could solo

#23 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Renny: No he could not.
#24 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty sure he could. Midnighter is a bit overrated. He beats up on generic foes all the time....his only real fight as far as I'm concerned was with Zealot.

#25 Posted by Dex_Starr (4754 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renny said:

Pretty sure he could. Midnighter is a bit overrated. He beats up on generic foes all the time....his only real fight as far as I'm concerned was with Zealot.

Midnighter's beaten plenty of foes that aren't generic. Including Grfiter, and his entire team.

#26 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, have you ever read Authority? And he's not overrated, though his Battle Computer is just a walking PIS, it really does the job. 

#27 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

They were all clones and such. And you throw out Grifter like he's some world beater, he's basically the Punisher. Marvel doesn't even know the full extent of Gorgons powers, and the guy beats down and kills gods already.....Gorgon could solo this.

#28 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renny: He was able to fight Apollo, though. Besides, Tomi only kills gods because his sword is made to do so. It doesn't take away from the fact that he was defeated by Wolverine after his stone gaze turned back on him.

I see no reason why Gorgon could solo, nor has he shown anything that would support that he could.

#29 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch said:

Yeah, have you ever read Authority? And he's not overrated, though his Battle Computer is just a walking PIS, it really does the job.

Midnight battle computer is a better explanation than the Bat-factor.

OH!

#30 Posted by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio

So Grifter is the Punisher and Gambit is above street level and unbeatable. Interesting. 

#31 Edited by texasdeathmatch (13122 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@texasdeathmatch said:

Yeah, have you ever read Authority? And he's not overrated, though his Battle Computer is just a walking PIS, it really does the job.

Midnight battle computer is a better explanation than the Bat-factor.

OH!

Dude, the Bat-factor makes total sense. He's really rich...and upset his parents died. You automatically get powers from that.
#32 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@texasdeathmatch:

Lol.

#33 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

Wolverines win was PIS.(Especially since he was owning him and Elektra at the same time) Everybody knows that. Tomi's TP would have seen that coming. And his sword has nothing to do with his speed or durability. You can have a sword to kill gods, but you better have the stats to wield it.

#34 Posted by Renny (507 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll just have to agree to disagree with most of you guys. Midnighter is just so friggin lame in my book.....always has been.

#35 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

"I think Midnighter is overpowered" is not a reason for him to lose. :P 
 
On a serious note can Midnighter block TP? Or is it pointless because his battle computer will already predict the counter attacks?

#36 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renny said:

I'll just have to agree to disagree with most of you guys. Midnighter is just so friggin lame in my book.....always has been.

Being a stupid character does not mean he should lose. I think Lobo is one of the lamest characters around but he still beats the hell out of most.

#37 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hohenheim_of_light said:

@Renny said:

Pretty sure he could. Midnighter is a bit overrated. He beats up on generic foes all the time....his only real fight as far as I'm concerned was with Zealot.

Midnighter's beaten plenty of foes that aren't generic. Including Grfiter, and his entire team.

Grifter was jobbing Midnighter in Grifter/Midnighter. But shhhh.
Moderator
#38 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Renny said:

Wolverines win was PIS.(Especially since he was owning him and Elektra at the same time) Everybody knows that. Tomi's TP would have seen that coming. And his sword has nothing to do with his speed or durability. You can have a sword to kill gods, but you better have the stats to wield it.

There was nothing PIS about that fight, especially when Tomi was dominating it. Wolverine got lucky and reflected the gaze back with his claws. Since when does Tomi use his telepathy to foresee moves or actions in battle?

Speed and durability is something that Midnighter has, too, and Tomi isn't too fast for him. Fact of that matter is that he can't kill gods without the sword, so it plays a significant part in his ability to do so. It also doesn't mean that Midnighter cannot contend with him.

@Decoy Elite said:

"I think Midnighter is overpowered" is not a reason for him to lose. :P On a serious note can Midnighter block TP? Or is it pointless because his battle computer will already predict the counter attacks?

Telepathy is his weakness, from what I've been told. But, I don't recall Tomi using it often or in a manner that would be detrimental to Midnighter.

#39 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

Since when does Tomi use his telepathy to foresee moves or actions in battle?



In his fight with Elektra, he said he was reading her like an open book. I presumed he meant he was reading her mind to stay one step ahead of her. Not that he needs it, just saying.
Moderator
#40 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (6106 posts) - - Show Bio

I've got Grifter/Midnighter and the fact that Cole even landed that elbow is enough for me to think that Deathstroke or Gorgon can prove far more fatal. Midnighter has been beaten down..like when they fought that blue horned interdemintional french alien, who wanted to turn Midnighters earth into a rape camp..had it not be for Hawksmoore I could see Midnighter dying.

#41 Posted by Hyperlight (6617 posts) - - Show Bio

the team in a close match

#42 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio

@Morpheus_: I don't remember that part of the fight.

#43 Posted by Morpheus_ (29696 posts) - - Show Bio
Moderator
#44 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

Again, Midnighter.

Moderator
#46 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

Again, Midnighter.

Did you really need to bump this after 4 hours to repeat who you thought won?
#47 Posted by Erik (33327 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@CitizenBane said:

Again, Midnighter.

Did you really need to bump this after 4 hours to repeat who you thought won?

Hell yeah it is needed. You know how many lemmings will repeat the answer that is stated last? Tons.

#48 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@Erik said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@CitizenBane said:

Again, Midnighter.

Did you really need to bump this after 4 hours to repeat who you thought won?

Hell yeah it is needed. You know how many lemmings will repeat the answer that is stated last? Tons.

Did you know Lemmings don't really do that whole follow each other off cliffs things? That was actually a myth created by a "documentary" where they claimed that was the case. In reality they just tossed a bunch of lemmings off a cliff and played back the footage again and again to make it seem like there were more lemming than the relatively few there were. 
#49 Posted by Saren (25112 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@CitizenBane said:

Again, Midnighter.

Did you really need to bump this after 4 hours to repeat who you thought won?

Yes indeedly.

Moderator
#50 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@CitizenBane said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@CitizenBane said:

Again, Midnighter.

Did you really need to bump this after 4 hours to repeat who you thought won?

Yes indeedly.

Seriously if you're going to bump something after a while of it being inactive at least contribute something of value to the battle. It's the least you could do.