bump

#3 Posted by TifaLockhart (14012 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the battlefield.

#4 Posted by charlieboy (7153 posts) - - Show Bio

lol. i think that supes wins. 

#5 Posted by TERMINATORXX (3899 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman

#6 Posted by jointron33 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

EPIC curbstomp. AS Superman is essentially a toned down Golden age Superman. GA Wonder Woman is nowhere near even regular WW's strength, let alone AS Supes.

#7 Edited by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Last_Son_of_Czarnia said:

I like the battlefield.

A lot of inocent people are gonna die lol.

#8 Edited by Frozen (10845 posts) - - Show Bio

@jointron33 said:

EPIC curbstomp. AS Superman is essentially a toned down Golden age Superman. GA Wonder Woman is nowhere near even regular WW's strength, let alone AS Supes.

What? All Star Superman isn't even at the level of Pre-52 Superman. The GA version of Wonder Woman tosses a Moon.

Wonder Woman stomps.

#9 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

AS Superman grinds GA WW into dust. AS Superman is Silver Age power levels, far more powerful than anything GA characters could summon.

#10 Edited by Frozen (10845 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

AS Superman grinds GA WW into dust. AS Superman is Silver Age power levels, far more powerful than anything GA characters could summon.

No he isn't. GA Superman also stalemated SA Superman in a fight.

#11 Posted by Frozen (10845 posts) - - Show Bio

Again. AS Superman has never done anything to be considered Silver-Age, or even Pre-52.

#12 Edited by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Well let me put it this way... At that point right there in the panel, unless I'm mistaken, Superman was pushing just a third of the mere mass of the Earth and STILL hadn't found the upper level of his strength yet. His feats in the 12 issue maxi-series seem consistent, if not wholly equal, with Silver Age power levels. Besides, even Grant Morrison himself said that AS Superman was homage to the SA Superman, even if there's a bit of Superman of all eras in AS Superman. And GA Superman stalemating SA Superman is just plain PIS, at least to me. Now while he may not be EXACTLY at SA level, I think he's at least within the ballpark, and to say he has not done nothing considered to be SA level, while true, is not truly a valid argument in my opinion. AS Superman's full potential was not reached within the pages of the maxiseries, in my opinion. On the other hand, the Silver Age ran for 20 some odd years, so there's no question SA Superman's feats will be greater than AS Superman's feats. Not disagreeing with you at all except to say when one looks at the fact that he had potential to show SA level power, one cannot inherently dismiss the idea in this case.

#13 Posted by Frozen (10845 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus:

Well let me put it this way... At that point right there in the panel, unless I'm mistaken, Superman was pushing just a third of the mere mass of the Earth and STILL hadn't found the upper level of his strength yet.

No. 200 Quintillion tons I believe, is 1/30 of The Earth. We don't know how much more he could push at, and we can't really quantify his strength.

His feats in the 12 issue maxi-series seem consistent, if not wholly equal, with Silver Age power levels.
  • It doesn't matter if they are consistent
  • Give me some feats
  • He never showed any Silver-Age power

Silver-Age power is pulling a chain of Planets. AS Superman never showed that kind of power:

Besides, even Grant Morrison himself said that AS Superman was homage to the SA Superman, even if there's a bit of Superman of all eras in AS Superman

I think he meant the overall story-line felt very much Silver-Age like.

And GA Superman stalemating SA Superman is just plain PIS, at least to me.

No, it isn't. GA Superman towards the end of the 1940s was pulling ridiculous feats that can be considered Silver-Age. They fought and stalemated each other, they were at a similar power-level. It was only as time went by and Kal-L got older, he became weaker.

Now while he may not be EXACTLY at SA level, I think he's at least within the ballpark,

No, he isn't. At all.

and to say he has not done nothing considered to be SA level, while true, is not truly a valid argument in my opinion.

How is it not a valid argument? We use feats for battles and he has no feats whatsoever to compare.

AS Superman's full potential was not reached within the pages of the maxiseries, in my opinion.

Exactly. He's limited in feats and we can't really quantify his strength level.

On the other hand, the Silver Age ran for 20 some odd years, so there's no question SA Superman's feats will be greater than AS Superman's feats. Not disagreeing with you at all except to say when one looks at the fact that he had potential to show SA level power, one cannot inherently dismiss the idea in this case.

What do you mean by he had the ''potential'' to show Silver-Age power, he never did. This isn't really a valid argument.

#14 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

@Frozen: Agreed except to say then that's why the case of AS Superman is a tricky one, because when you have the creator stating that this incarnation of the Man of Steel is supposed to be a nod to the Silver Age, and yet the feats aren't equal to the SA incarnation of Superman, then one has to tread lightly when using a character in a battle that's not reached full potential. Just my opinion really but just because AS Superman didn't reach SA Superman's potential doesn't mean he couldn't have eventually. Besides, we know he doesn't die at the end of the story and he eventually becomes the Unknown Superman of 4500 AD and...with him going into the sun, I dare say that eventually is what starts him on the road to becoming Superman Prime One-Million, which has powers and feats beyond that of even Superman of the Silver Age.

#15 Posted by Frozen (10845 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedheadedAtrocitus said:

@Frozen: Agreed except to say then that's why the case of AS Superman is a tricky one, because when you have the creator stating that this incarnation of the Man of Steel is supposed to be a nod to the Silver Age, and yet the feats aren't equal to the SA incarnation of Superman, then one has to tread lightly when using a character in a battle that's not reached full potential. Just my opinion really but just because AS Superman didn't reach SA Superman's potential doesn't mean he couldn't have eventually. Besides, we know he doesn't die at the end of the story and he eventually becomes the Unknown Superman of 4500 AD and...with him going into the sun, I dare say that eventually is what starts him on the road to becoming Superman Prime One-Million, which has powers and feats beyond that of even Superman of the Silver Age.

• Potential is a key word. It leaves things to 'open'
  • Superman Prime One-Million is feat-less. Literally, his best feats are not impressive at all. He's purely hyped up
  • Going by feats, Pre-52 Superman is stronger than AS Superman

Honestly. This version of Wonder Woman stomps this. Hard.

#16 Posted by koala99 (13 posts) - - Show Bio

Due to the fact that All-Star Superman is practically a clone of the Silver Age Superman, I would say that he wins this fight. After all, I think that Golden Age Wonder Woman was at the same strength level as Silver Age Wonder Woman, and even the severely de-powered Byrne-continuity Superman managed to knock the George Perez-continuity Wonder Woman, who was more powerful than previous versions of the Amazing Amazon, through a brick wall.