• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by EternalWrath (117 posts) - - Show Bio

The fight takes place in Asgard. 

Versions: Goku (Buu Saga) vs Asgardian Destroyer. 

Goku is serious. 
Destroyer is bloodlusted. 
No prep. 
Death for the win. 
Who wins? 

#2 Edited by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku.

The destroyer would never hit him, and I mean never. After-images, Telepotation, Insane Speed and reflexes.

While Goku has full onslaught against the Destroyer with his striking power, and Ki blasts.

Skip to 3:20. And Burter was massively hypersonic and yet can't even see Goku dodging his attacks and going back to the same exact place.

Weakest in Saiyan Saga but has enough power to overpower a Galick Gun that would of destroyed the entire planet.

Note all of these scans are of Goku at his weakest, Buu Saga would Frieza and Saiyan Saga Goku look like tissue paper. That is excluding the Super Saiyan forms.

SSJ = 50x Base

SSj2 = SSJ X 2 = 100X

SSj3= SSj2 x 4 = 400X

The Destroyer has been tagged by Thor's punches, who has trouble with Wolverine, Spiderman and get's tagged by Juggernaut regularly.

#3 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer with Mljolnir...hmm... this is a stomp big time.

#4 Posted by BringnIt (3809 posts) - - Show Bio

Stalemate.

#5 Posted by Sylvain (1640 posts) - - Show Bio

i would love to see that match.

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@asIsuspected said:

Destroyer with Mljolnir...hmm... this is a stomp big time.

How? Goku has the strength, speed, power and technique to take down The Destroyer even with Mljonir.

Base form Goku was warming up with Frieza, yet his kick sends Frieza through islands destroying the entire mountain side in the process.

Easily picks up speed making himself invisible to Vegeta only to kick him through more mountains. The Destroyer would be faced with the same situation as he would wouldn't know where Goku is, only to receive many blows and hits that can take down being's of planetary durability.

And combined that blistering speed and striking strength alongside with his teleportation to avoid the lightning and attacks. Cell planet busting Kamehameha he avoids with ease.

In the midst of fighting Kid Buu, as in less then a second he reacts and teleports to get behind him.

Goku doesn't even need a finger to teleport, he easily outmaneuvers Cell with constant teleportation.

The Destroyer would never land a hit on Goku. Goku is much too fast, alongside with various skills and techniques. Even though the Mjolnir can absorb energy, it has to be on a stationary target something the Destroyer would not get the luxury of having. The Destroyer has been hurt by Thor and the Avengers even were able to take him on in "Deal with the Devil" he would not last long against Goku's multi-planet busting power. All the scans that are provided are of Base Goku in the weaker parts of the seasons, yet he shows astronomical power and strength. Goku can take it with a constant speed blitz, combined with his power.

#7 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: I must admit i am not an expert on goku)) probably i was a bit harsh on my judgement, the reason I sad its a stomp is because Destroyer with Mljolnir was able to make Galactus think twice before further attack asgard!!! You know it was made to fight freaking Celestials!!!!!! supposed to withstand Ragnarok!!! + it has disintegrator beam......well after the scans you posted Im taking back all that "stomp big time" thing but still leaning towards big D

#8 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont think the destroyer armor can even touch goku personally.

Goku takes this easily by BFR

#9 Posted by solesamurai (591 posts) - - Show Bio

@FLCL1 said:

Goku has absolutely no way to BFR him, he would win however.

#10 Posted by asIsuspected (543 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: oh and by the way op says win by death. nothing in goku's arsenal could permanently destroy the Destroyer)) and about all that "he is never gonna touch goku" he doesnt need to (disintegrator beam)

#11 Posted by FLCL1 (9287 posts) - - Show Bio

@solesamurai said:

@FLCL1 said:

Goku has absolutely no way to BFR him, he would win however.

i would image a quick IT to the moon to handle it, from what i know the destroyer armor cant fly without someone with flying abilities to be in it.

it would be easier than getting tagged by it

#12 Posted by Bo88gdan (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer Armor STomps goku !

#13 Posted by baron2011 (1155 posts) - - Show Bio

goku stomps destroyer

#14 Posted by NeonGameWave (8982 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku.

#15 Posted by thefusescape (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku would beat it into scrap.

#16 Posted by gamerzdu04 (27 posts) - - Show Bio

Destroyer

#17 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

First of all, who is using the Destroyer armour

The Destroyer has been tagged by Thor's punches, who has trouble with Wolverine, Spider-man and get's tagged by Juggernaut regularly.

Could it kill a DBZ supporter to actually read a comic, cause Wolverine, Spider-man and Juggernaut don't regularly show up in Thor's comics.

#18 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

First of all, who is using the Destroyer armour

The Destroyer has been tagged by Thor's punches, who has trouble with Wolverine, Spider-man and get's tagged by Juggernaut regularly.

Could it kill a DBZ supporter to actually read a comic, cause Wolverine, Spider-man and Juggernaut don't regularly show up in Thor's comics.

It doesn't matter if they don't regularly show up in Thor comics, he still fights them.

I'm loving your scans <3

Captain America commenting on Thor's Lack of speed (while the person on the scan is Erik Masterson, read Captain America's comment on the right, second last panel) - Thor 447

Fight with Wolverine - Thor himself admits Wolverine is faster than him, fourth scan last panel, fifth scan first panel.

Tagged and Grabbed by Juggernaut who doesn't have any super speed.

These scans are more then enough to show Thor doesn't have much combat speed. The fact that he can tag Destroyer with punches, puts Destroyers speed at a whole level waaaaay below Goku.

Even Thor was crushing him and Destroyer was unable to dodge.

Goku punches are enough to make Frieza bleed and go down, even though Frieza has shown more durability then Destroyer ever had.

The Daizenshuu did a subject on this. Goku striking power is incredibly powerful.

Now we use the standard formula to determine someone's battle power:

And this is not even close to Goku's full power.

#19 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@thefusescape said:

#20 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7920 posts) - - Show Bio

@EternalWrath said:

Destroyer is bloodlusted.
No prep.
Death for the win.
Who wins?
#21 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

@thefusescape said:

*fixed.

I love how everyone who has said Destroyer has provided no evidence, and just said his name.

Seriously this site is so immature and biased against DBZ it's hilarious.

#22 Edited by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

First, this is simply a bad thread because without specifying which spirit is inhabiting the Destroyer there's no way to know precisely what it's destructive capabilities would be, but if I'm not mistaken even it's low end feats are multi-star system+. Second, this is probably a stalemate anyway because of Goku's combat/reaction speed. However, contrary to the extreme lowballing by @XImpossibruX the durability of the Destroyer is way more than Goku could ever dish out. The Destroyer has withstood attacks from Celestials. I don't know where you got those scans of the Destroyer being turned into scrap metal, but I'm willing to bet that it's not the Marvel 616 Destroyer, so where did you get those scans from, XImpossibruX?

#23 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

First, this is simply a bad thread because without specifying which spirit is inhabiting the Destroyer there's no way to know precisely what it's destructive capabilities would be, but if I'm not mistaken even it's low end feats are multi-star system+. Second, this is probably a stalemate anyway because of Goku's combat/reaction speed. However, contrary to the extreme lowballing by @XImpossibruX the durability of the Destroyer is way more than Goku could ever dish out. The Destroyer has withstood attacks from Celestials. I don't know where you got those scans of the Destroyer being turned into scrap metal, but I'm willing to bet that it's not the Marvel 616 Destroyer, so where did you get those scans from, XImpossibruX?

Actually I got the scans from this site. The thread All-Star Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer. It's extremely funny though. When it's Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer when those scans were posted it wasn't "Lowballing," but when I post those scans in a Goku battle it's considered low-bally. Back on subject what evidence do you have to back up it wasn't from 616 Marvel, because i'm 100% sure that it is, becasue no one seemed to mention that and it wasn't from the Ultimate series because Thor had the 616 look. And if it's considered lowballing what scans do you have to prove that it isn't? What scans or facts counter my claims? I would love for you to post them.

Destroyer is just an armor and is nothing without a host or life essence, and I expect 40 year old scans of destroyer being bought up.

#24 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Regardless you are just cherry picking Thor's lowpoints to stand on something, But this thread isn't about Thor

Goku punches are enough to make Frieza bleed and go down, even though Frieza has shown more durability then Destroyer ever had.

You do realise that Odin used the armor to fight against the Celestials.

#25 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedLanternSuperman said:

@OmegaDynasty said:

@thefusescape said:

*fixed.

I love how everyone who has said Destroyer has provided no evidence, and just said his name.

I agree Goku could possibly win with BFR. He doesn't have enough physical strength to beat it to scrap, especially since it was crafted by Odin. (Thus enchanted.)
#26 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@XImpossibruX: Regardless you are just cherry picking Thor's lowpoints to stand on something, But this thread isn't about Thor

And Frieza was beaten to a pulp, drained of his Ki, blown into hole, cut in HALF, yet he tanks planet exploding on him and still wasn't knocked out.... so what's your point?

And that wasn't cherry picking lowball scans, Killemall personally picked those out and provided them in Superman vs Sentry and Thor thread.

It's hilarious how when Killemall posted those in a comic fight it's not lowballing, but when I post them this thread it's considered low balling. Ahh how I love bias.

#27 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

Actually I got the scans from this site. The thread All-Star Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer. It's extremely funny though. When it's Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer when those scans were posted it wasn't "Lowballing," but when I post those scans in a Goku battle it's considered low-bally. Back on subject what evidence do you have to back up it wasn't from 616 Marvel, because i'm 100% sure that it is, becasue no one seemed to mention that and it wasn't from the Ultimate series because Thor had the 616 look. And if it's considered lowballing what scans do you have to prove that it isn't? What scans or facts counter my claims? I would love for you to post them.

Destroyer is just an armor and is nothing without a host or life essence, and I expect 40 year old scans of destroyer being bought up.

Speaking that thread, I love you missed out the This:

@CosmicSpiral said:
"Doom's version needed the Asgardian essences to run, not just to enhance its power. It had no inherent power itself, as you mentioned before. Not to mention the number of essences used was vague to say the least. "
We saw Balder stave lke 3 or 4 of them and it seems to get a pretty big booste from just them, it still had juice after they died, but Thor turned it into a trash can after.

That was with the Asgardians powering it, when the power was cut off, he became a lot softer:

Either the Suit did get a significant boost in performance from the Asgardians, durability at least or Thor wasn't hitting as hard as he did towards the end.
@isaac_clarke: I have the scans on my computer.
It is important to note that Doom had to physically be inside the armor itself for it to function. His traditional suit alone is capable of taking on Class 100 beings, so to what extent the power of the faux-Destroyer is connected with Doom is unknown. I don't know if Thor knew the true nature of the connection between the essences and the suit's power (and therefore was possibly holding back because destroying the suit could potentially kill its "batteries").
Either way it was weaker and displayed less abilities than the true armor.

That wasn't even the real destroyer armor.

#28 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@XImpossibruX said:

OP didn't state which armor.

But if were going by his best armor it would be when he fought the Celestials. Actually it wasn't really fought it was just him getting his ass kicked. Even with Thor's help the Asgardian destroyer was beaten easily.

So the Destroyer "fighting" Celestials is a pretty moot point. Moreover the scan is impressive that Destroyer doesn't die in the first two seconds.

#29 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Death Certificate said:

And Frieza was beaten to a pulp, drained of his Ki, blown into hole, cut in HALF, yet he tanks planet exploding on him and still wasn't knocked out.... so what's your point?

And that wasn't cherry picking lowball scans, Killemall personally picked those out and provided them in Superman vs Sentry and Thor thread.

It's hilarious how when Killemall posted those in a comic fight it's not lowballing, but when I post them this thread it's considered low balling. Ahh how I love bias.

A celestial wouldn't even be phased by the stuff you mentioned.

Considering the way you posted fake destoryer as legit evidence, I don't think trust your words.

#30 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (7043 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Why are you posting Doom's Destroyer copy as the real thing? Are you purposely trying to make this battle skewed in favor of Goku. Destroyer actually has a chance despite your claims it doesn't. Its power level needs to be defined by the OP before an assessment can be made. If you knew anything about the Destroyer armor you would know it doesn't work without the life-force of a particular individual. Usually its Odin who places a little bit of his energy into running it. Even then the Destroyer armor is unbreakable, made of a material stronger than even Uru. Also the Destroyer armor has in almost every encounter nearly killed Thor, exceeding him in strength. The Destroyer despite being an automaton, actually learns and adapts to his foes. It gets stronger upon each awakening.

#31 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

This hilarous:

Then you Said

@XImpossibruX:The fact that he can tag Destroyer with punches, puts Destroyers speed at a whole level waaaaay below Goku.

After I pointed the armor was fake

@XImpossibruX: OP didn't state which armor.

You know, it would be easier for you to admit that you were lying.

#32 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Death Certificate said:

@XImpossibruX said:

OP didn't state which armor.

But if were going by his best armor it would be when he fought the Celestials. Actually it wasn't really fought it was just him getting his ass kicked. Even with Thor's help the Asgardian destroyer was beaten easily.

So the Destroyer "fighting" Celestials is a pretty moot point. Moreover the scan is impressive that Destroyer doesn't die in the first two seconds.

Why not post the whole thing, instead of just scan

#33 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

This hilarous:

Then you Said

@XImpossibruX:The fact that he can tag Destroyer with punches, puts Destroyers speed at a whole level waaaaay below Goku.

..... no wasn't lieing, I was mistaken. If i was lieing i would have gone out of my way to try to prove why that was Asgardian, which you have proved which it is not. But

And considering Asgardian Destroyer isn't anywhere near Celestial level, Goku hurting a Celestial is irrelevant.

This is Goku vs Destroyer.

Goku has insane power and striking damage. For example Goku fought Frieza an extremely durable villain who can survive a great deal. Some examples

Frieza kicking back a planet busting attack.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5410/vegetaplanetbusting.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img846/5106/vegetaplanetbusting2.jpg

Surviving a giant spirit bomb with scratches.

http://imageshack.us/a/img526/1430/friezatanksspiritbomb4.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9706/friezatanksspiritbomb5.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/8718/friezatanksspiritbomb6.gif

Chopped in half, but is still able to survive a planet exploding on him.

http://imageshack.us/a/img442/7527/friezabeatentodeath2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/2774/friezabeatentodeath3.jpg

However Goku's striking power can absolutely lay waste to a being with planet exploding durability.

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/4364/gokuvsfrieza.jpg

Also the Kai's said they could even kill Frieza in one blow, and SSJ3 Goku is immensely stronger then all of them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/8592/kaioneshottingfrieza.jpg

SSJ3 Goku punches can completely destroy villains with multi-planet destroying durability.

Goku is not limited to Super Saiyan form only you know.

#34 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@XImpossibruX said:

Speaking that thread, I love you missed out the This:

@CosmicSpiral said:
"Doom's version needed the Asgardian essences to run, not just to enhance its power. It had no inherent power itself, as you mentioned before. Not to mention the number of essences used was vague to say the least. "
We saw Balder stave lke 3 or 4 of them and it seems to get a pretty big booste from just them, it still had juice after they died, but Thor turned it into a trash can after.

That was with the Asgardians powering it, when the power was cut off, he became a lot softer:

Either the Suit did get a significant boost in performance from the Asgardians, durability at least or Thor wasn't hitting as hard as he did towards the end.
@isaac_clarke: I have the scans on my computer.
It is important to note that Doom had to physically be inside the armor itself for it to function. His traditional suit alone is capable of taking on Class 100 beings, so to what extent the power of the faux-Destroyer is connected with Doom is unknown. I don't know if Thor knew the true nature of the connection between the essences and the suit's power (and therefore was possibly holding back because destroying the suit could potentially kill its "batteries").
Either way it was weaker and displayed less abilities than the true armor.

Thank you, I was just about to point that out.

#35 Posted by SMDfanboys (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Why is no one ever posting any Destroyer feats? Impossibru has been posting scans across the thread, yet he is shot down for making a mistake.

Goku wins for previously stated. Everyone who has argued Destroyer side is moot, as they never never made a speck of evidence.

#36 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Death Certificate said:

This hilarous:

Then you Said

..... no wasn't lieing, I was mistaken. If i was lieing i would have gone out of my way to try to prove why that was Asgardian, which you have proved which it is not. But

And considering Asgardian Destroyer isn't anywhere near Celestial level, Goku hurting a Celestial is irrelevant.

This is Goku vs Destroyer.

Goku has insane power and striking damage. For example Goku fought Frieza an extremely durable villain who can survive a great deal. Some examples

Frieza kicking back a planet busting attack.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/5410/vegetaplanetbusting.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img846/5106/vegetaplanetbusting2.jpg

Surviving a giant spirit bomb with scratches.

http://imageshack.us/a/img526/1430/friezatanksspiritbomb4.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9706/friezatanksspiritbomb5.gif

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/8718/friezatanksspiritbomb6.gif

Chopped in half, but is still able to survive a planet exploding on him.

http://imageshack.us/a/img442/7527/friezabeatentodeath2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img833/2774/friezabeatentodeath3.jpg

However Goku's striking power can absolutely lay waste to a being with planet exploding durability.

http://imageshack.us/a/img7/4364/gokuvsfrieza.jpg

Also the Kai's said they could even kill Frieza in one blow, and SSJ3 Goku is immensely stronger then all of them.

http://imageshack.us/a/img138/8592/kaioneshottingfrieza.jpg

SSJ3 Goku punches can completely destroy villains with multi-planet destroying durability.

Goku is not limited to Super Saiyan form only you know.

Are you serious right now? Are you really going to continue to wank like this? The Destroyer was made to fight Celestials but that doesn't mean it can beat Celestials. However, the only time the Destroyer was ever damaged was when it received a blast from a Celestial. Celestial>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku. Goku will never damage the Destroyer, and no amount of scans you post or link will ever convince anybody here of that. Just admit that you made a mistake and move on.

#37 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why are you just posting one the part of the whole Celestials fight?

#38 Posted by BossMan404 (137 posts) - - Show Bio

@SMDfanboys said:

Why is no one ever posting any Destroyer feats? Impossibru has been posting scans across the thread, yet he is shot down for making a mistake.

Goku wins for previously stated. Everyone who has argued Destroyer side is moot, as they never never made a speck of evidence.

Completely agree, this thread is ridiculous.

#39 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

@SMDfanboys said:

He was caught lying, he damn well knew that Destoryer scans was fake, since he said he got scans from the Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer thread. Read the thread again, most people arguing for the Destoyer have already asked who is in the armor.

#40 Posted by XImpossibruX (5251 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@SMDfanboys said:

He was caught lying, he damn well knew that Destoryer scans was fake, since he said he got scans from the Superman vs Asgardian Destroyer thread. Read the thread again, most people arguing for the Destoyer have already asked who is in the armor.

Actually I made a mistake, but whatever you say bro I don't keep up with Destroyer or the issues where he fights celestials.

@uberhikari said:

Are you serious right now? Are you really going to continue to wank like this? The Destroyer was made to fight Celestials but that doesn't mean it can beat Celestials. However, the only time the Destroyer was ever damaged was when it received a blast from a Celestial. Celestial>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku. Goku will never damage the Destroyer, and no amount of scans you post or link will ever convince anybody here of that. Just admit that you made a mistake and move on.

Made to fight Celestials, yet his punches didn't do anything. "As blows which could pulverize a planet glance harmlessly off him." Obviously Goku isn't anywhere near Celestial level, but Asgardian Destroyer isn't near Celestial level either. The Celestials beat Destroyer easily, which is what they did to Goku.

However I don't have as much faith in Goku winning anymore, but my previous points still stand that Goku would use his speed, after-images, and teleportation to his advantage.

I don't see how Goku would never hurt Destroyer. Goku was able to overpower a Galick Gun in Saiyan Saga which would of destroyed the planet, only to get immensely powerful from there. The official Dragonball guide even stated that.

• SSJ = 50X Base
  • SSj2 = 100X Base
  • SSj3 = 400X Base

If I could have some scans of Destroyers feats that would be great.

#41 Posted by SMDfanboys (158 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@SMDfanboys said:

Ehh I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has proven to be a very knowledgeable and skilled DBZ debater, and can admit when Goku loses or not. He has always entered a DBZ thread using scans and facts to back up his points.

#42 Posted by Death Certificate (5408 posts) - - Show Bio

Since people are asking for scans

@SMDfanboys said:

@Death Certificate said:

@SMDfanboys said:

Ehh I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. He has proven to be a very knowledgeable and skilled DBZ debater, and can admit when Goku loses or not. He has always entered a DBZ thread using scans and facts to back up his points.

That has nothing to do with his knowledge of Marvel/DC comics

#43 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Death Certificate said:

@SMDfanboys said:

Actually I made a mistake, but whatever you say bro I don't keep up with Destroyer or the issues where he fights celestials.

@uberhikari said:

Made to fight Celestials, yet his punches didn't do anything. "As blows which could pulverize a planet glance harmlessly off him." Obviously Goku isn't anywhere near Celestial level, but Asgardian Destroyer isn't near Celestial level either. The Celestials beat Destroyer easily, which is what they did to Goku.

However I don't have as much faith in Goku winning anymore, but my previous points still stand that Goku would use his speed, after-images, and teleportation to his advantage.

I don't see how Goku would never hurt Destroyer. Goku was able to overpower a Galick Gun in Saiyan Saga which would of destroyed the planet, only to get immensely powerful from there. The official Dragonball guide even stated that.

• SSJ = 50X Base
  • SSj2 = 100X Base
  • SSj3 = 400X Base

If I could have some scans of Destroyers feats that would be great.

Alright, let's get a couple of things straight. First, the Marvel hierarchy goes like this: heralds<skyfathers<cosmic cube beings<celestials<abstracts. Heralds are planet busters/star busters and sometimes solar system busters. Skyfathers are galaxy busters. And everybody above skyfather level is pretty much universal+. Goku is herald level, and he's low-to-mid tier herald level at best because nobody in DBZ has ever even busted a star, let alone a solar system. The Destroyer was created by Odin, who is a skyfather, to defeat the Celestials. The very idea that Odin would make the Destroyer in order to defeat the Celestials, but make it weaker than himself is already extremely questionable. Do you understand what this means? It means that any possibility that Goku could beat the Destroyer is already effectively 0.

Second, you've been going on with this claim that Vegeta's Galick Gun could have busted the Earth for a while now, and other people have let it slide. Not me. Vegeta claimed that his Galick Gun could have busted the Earth but that doesn't mean he was telling the truth. As if Vegeta has never been known to grossly exaggerate his own abilities... Other than Vegeta's statement there's absolutely no evidence that DBZ characters were planet busters before Goku became an SSJ1 in the Frieza Saga. So, stop it.

Third, I've already conceded that the Destroyer was beaten by the Celestials and the scans show it, so you repeating it is merely redundant and serves no purpose. But have you noticed anything about those scans? The Destroyer wasn't fighting 1 Celestial, it was fighting a group of them! And not only that it managed to cut the arm off of one of them. That feat alone dwarfs anything any character has ever done in DBZ. There's no way you're going to convince anybody here that Goku has the destructive capacity to take the arm off a Celestial.

Fourth, you're confusing the Destroyer's destructive capacity with it's durability. As noted in the scans, the Destroyer's punches could have "pulverized planets" but hardly did anything to the Celestials, but so what? That wasn't my point. My point was that the only thing to ever even damage the Destroyer was a Celestial. So, again, Celestial>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Goku. And on top of that, it took multiple blasts from multiple Celestials to do it.

In all honesty, I was being generous when I initially stated that it was a stalemate. Anybody who had any inkling of what the Destroyer was and what it was capable of would have jumped through the roof at such a concession. And the only reason I said this was because I'm not sure about the Destroyer's combat/reaction speed. I know it's travel speed is FTL and it can travel through and manipulate dimensions though. The only thing Goku could really do against the Destroyer is move at high speeds and pray that he never gets hit. Goku can't damage the Destroyer, but the Destroyer can definitely damage Goku.

Other people in this thread, including myself, have pointed out that the OP never specified who was in the armor, but after thinking it over I'm not sure it even matters. It's durability is certainly more than anything Goku could ever dish out as evidenced by the scans. Plus, it's an object created by Odin and enchanted with his magic. So, after all this, it's a stalemate just like I said.

#44 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman said:

I love how everyone saying Goku is either arguing Goku will do something he's never done in a fight before or using scans that aren't even the Destroyer or related to the Destroyer to low-ball the Destroyer. Seriously DBZ fans play the pity card far too much, "oh woe is me the comic book fans are uber mean!"

So why does Goku beat the Destroyer in a fight again?

@uberhikari said:

I'm assuming you're referring to the scans where Thor is fighting the 'Doom' Destroyer - an suit made by Dr. Doom based off the original plans, which was kicking Thor to the curb up until the power it was receiving from three Asgardian's life force was cut off. Said suit wasn't in the same ballpark as the original.

I also love his use of Masterson Thor - the Thor that the real Thor kicks to the curb in Asgard without Mjolnir and the hilariously bad Wolverine vs Thor to undermine the Destroyer. Thor's lightning was jobbing to Wolverine in that fight given it couldn't burn a hair on his head; same couldn't be said for Daken.

Realistically - a fight between Wolverine and Thor wouldn't be a fight - he regularly defends himself casually from objects / foes that are faster and he could have sat there and had his hammer blitz him on it's own.

As for this fight:

Goku can't damage the Destroyer - it doesn't matter who is controlling or inhabiting it - he lacks the power to do so. The Destroyer's visor attack or any physical hits from the matter would kill Goku without question - Thor sporting some measure of the Odinforce was worried about being killed by said visor blast with Baldar's spirit animating it.

Goku in character has never BFRed anyone (unless you count killing himself, King Kai with the Cell Self-Destruct as BFR) and to BFR the Destroyer he would more or less BFR himself in the process to boot. He would more than likely stand still either letting the Destroyer hit him or blast him.

#45 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

If the Destroyer Armor gets it's hands on Goku it's over. Most likely end like this: 

#46 Posted by Mirabel (1087 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku has no real ability to hurt the Destroyer, but the Destroyer can wreck him in a physical contest, or just outright incinerate him with a disintegration beam. Freaking MJOLNIR could not survive those beams.

#47 Posted by isaac_clarke (5479 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaDynasty said:

If the Destroyer Armor gets it's hands on Goku it's over. Most likely end like this:

Ironically - that seems awfully accurate to how the fight would probably go, with the only exception that fist would go cleave through Goku's crotch area like a knife through hot butter. That or a visor blast Goku thinks he can tank and it's over.

One one hand you've got something that is powerful enough to vaporize Odin or Thorforce-Thor and has some redonkulous durability to fall back on, the other you've got someone whose best bet is self BFR with the Destroyer.

#48 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (20218 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think think the destroyer could keep up with Goku, while Goku may not take destroyer down. Stalemate. But then again destroyer was destroyed far too easily..

#49 Posted by MonsterStomp (20300 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm saying Goku has this. I don't really go for anime over comics either.

#50 Posted by uberhikari (2474 posts) - - Show Bio

@PrinceAragorn1 said:

I don't think think the destroyer could keep up with Goku, while Goku may not take destroyer down. Stalemate. But then again destroyer was destroyed far too easily..

The Destroyer was fighting a group of Celestials. Do you even know what a Celestial is?