Goku vs Thanos

This topic is locked from further discussion.

E-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By E-Zero

I think goku will win

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Static Shock

Thanos

E-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By E-Zero

Static Shock says:

"Thanos"

Why? Goku is pretty strong though. How strong is Thanos though?

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Static Shock

Stronger than you could imagine. He beat Gladiator easily. Without breaking a sweat. His strength rivals the strongest Eternals. He fought Thing and Thor at the same time, both of which are in the strength class 100.
Post Edited:2008-01-19 02:54:12

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Static Shock

And he's immortal. Goku can't kill him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"And he's immortal. Goku can't kill him."

I killed him once.In Marvel vs.Capcom 2"

LMAO! I killed him in Marvel Super Heroes, both the arcade and the SNES version.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"LMAO.I had to say something...I mean people are actually making a case for Goku as if he can win!"

Tell me about it. Diehard DBZ fans over-sice Goku like his the most powerful and forget that there are more powerful beings than he is.

The Thing is class 90 strength.

He's at class 100 now.

http://en.marveldatabase.com/Thing_%28Ben_Grimm%29#Powers_and_Abilities

Batman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Batman666

It's just my opinion but with the gauntlet, thanos would win. but without it, goku will win. I mean, if you see Dragon Ball Z series or the GT series, he could destroy the earth with just a kamehameha blast, i think and that's if he powered up himself in SS3 or SS2 mode. And in the GT series, he could power himself up to SS4 which is he could destroy the sun with just a normal ki blast. DB character got so strong that I started to hate the series. Excuse my for my bad english btw.

Avatar image for black_wolverine
Black Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Black Wolverine

Goku will go to SS4 and attack Thanos with kamehameha at full power

MotorSteel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MotorSteel

Batman666 says:

"It's just my opinion but with the gauntlet, thanos would win. but without it, goku will win. I mean, if you see Dragon Ball Z series or the GT series, he could destroy the earth with just a kamehameha blast, i think and that's if he powered up himself in SS3 or SS2 mode. And in the GT series, he could power himself up to SS4 which is he could destroy the sun with just a normal ki blast. DB character got so strong that I started to hate the series. Excuse my for my bad english btw."

A sun? When has he ever? Do you know how large the Sun is in comparison to the earth? GT was crap and it isn't canon. Not even at full power could Goku destroy a star the size of the Sun.

Even without the Gauntlet Thanos would destroy Goku.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MotorSteel says:

"Batman666 says:
"It's just my opinion but with the gauntlet, thanos would win. but without it, goku will win. I mean, if you see Dragon Ball Z series or the GT series, he could destroy the earth with just a kamehameha blast, i think and that's if he powered up himself in SS3 or SS2 mode. And in the GT series, he could power himself up to SS4 which is he could destroy the sun with just a normal ki blast. DB character got so strong that I started to hate the series. Excuse my for my bad english btw."
A sun? When has he ever? Do you know how large the Sun is in comparison to the earth? GT was crap and it isn't canon. Not even at full power could Goku destroy a star the size of the Sun. Even without the Gauntlet Thanos would destroy Goku."

Psh. Your m0m.

Jk.

Thanos VERY easily.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Thanos. He handled Silver Surfer without a problem, he can handle Goku without a problem.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Static Shock

Black Wolverine says:

"Goku will go to SS4 and attack Thanos with kamehameha at full power"

I'm sorry... But, no...

Batman666 says:

It's just my opinion but with the gauntlet, thanos would win. but without it, goku will win. I mean, if you see Dragon Ball Z series or the GT series, he could destroy the earth with just a kamehameha blast, i think and that's if he powered up himself in SS3 or SS2 mode. And in the GT series, he could power himself up to SS4 which is he could destroy the sun with just a normal ki blast. DB character got so strong that I started to hate the series. Excuse my for my bad english btw.

No. Without or without it, he'd still own Goku. And, besides, you can't use the DBZ/GT anime to support your argument in this. Using the DBZ manga is acceptable, but GT can't be used, because there is no manga for it.

I'm pretty sure that without the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos would still win. His power is equal to that of the strongest Eternals. He can manipulate matter and cosmic energy. Hell, he could Goku to stone, and shatter him. He's immortal too. Being immortal may mean that he can't lose, but in a fight like this, the only way Goku would win is if he kills him, and wouldn't be able to do that. And, Thanos is a telepath. He could easily shut down his mind, making the fight easier for him. Even if Goku can destroy planets, that doesn't mean a thing. That doesn't mean that he can't get an @$$-whooping handed to him.

Oh, and this is without the Gauntlet.
Post Edited:2008-01-19 15:28:45

Avatar image for akronis_the_immortal
Akronis the Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

Thanos. He's a million times smarter than Goku, his strength rivals that of Hulk and Thor, and plus, Goku isn't even that strong. In all honesty, Goku is pretty weak. In DBZ, he may be strong, but other than that, outside of anime and manga, he's pretty damn weak.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Akronis the Immortal says:

"Thanos. He's a million times smarter than Goku, his strength rivals that of Hulk and Thor, and plus, Goku isn't even that strong. In all honesty, Goku is pretty weak. In DBZ, he may be strong, but other than that, outside of anime and manga, he's pretty damn weak."

It is estimated that he can lift well over 10 tonnes.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock

Colt Python says:

"Akronis the Immortal says:
"Thanos. He's a million times smarter than Goku, his strength rivals that of Hulk and Thor, and plus, Goku isn't even that strong. In all honesty, Goku is pretty weak. In DBZ, he may be strong, but other than that, outside of anime and manga, he's pretty damn weak."

No."

No, what? You think Goku can beat Thanos!?

Avatar image for ulitmateninjagaidenx
ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"And he's immortal. Goku can't kill him."
I killed him once.In Marvel vs.Capcom 2"
LMAO! I killed him in Marvel Super Heroes, both the arcade and the SNES version."

lol

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#18  Edited By The_Martian

Ok to clear some stuff up. I think it was Static Shock, if not then someone else, said GT is not a manga which I believed was true. But I was informed that they have now made the manga for GT as well. So GT does count now for battles.

Anyways, I'm going with Goku. I don't feel like getting into it cause its the same stuff with every DBZ battle and it gets old. If you don't agree with me thats fine but thats my thought.
Post Edited:2008-01-19 17:16:47

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Static Shock

Who informed you about a GT manga?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Martian

Static Shock says:

"Who informed you about a GT manga?"
I heard it from Arrow.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock

I just looked it up. No GT manga.

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By The_Martian

Static Shock says:

"I just looked it up. No GT manga."
Thats just what I heard from Arrow who has much better Manga knowledge than me. My vote still doesn't change though.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Static Shock

His manga knowledge must be off.

Akronis the Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Colt Python says:

"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
No."
No, what? You think Goku can beat Thanos!? "
No,Goku isn't that damn weak.Thanos beats the f*ck outta him but he's making Goku seem like The Punisher or Jack Flag or something."
Goku, outside of the DB/Z/GT Universe is weak. Seriously, he get's WAY to much hype. He can't even destroy a planet, which DBZ characters are supposed to do.
Golden Spartan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Golden Spartan

Thanos

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Colt Python says:
"Static Shock says:
"Colt Python says:
No."
No, what? You think Goku can beat Thanos!? "
No,Goku isn't that damn weak.Thanos beats the f*ck outta him but he's making Goku seem like The Punisher or Jack Flag or something."
Goku, outside of the DB/Z/GT Universe is weak. Seriously, he get's WAY to much hype. He can't even destroy a planet, which DBZ characters are supposed to do. "

He doesn't, but that doesn't necessarily mean he isn't capable of it.

Gottheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gottheit

Ok, I'm sure the whole Z-Fighter crew could find some way to stop Thanos, if Thanos was hellbent on making their universe an example or whatever...but Goku by himself? Goku by himself couldn't beat Cell, and I'm pretty sure he couldn't beat Majin Buu. It'd be a good fight, spanning 3600 episodes, but in the end, Thanos would just pull some crazy beam thing out of nowhere and end things, killing Goku and causing him to train for a year in the afterlife. But then, on the rematch, after Thanos lays siege to everybody, including Vegeta and Trunks and Gohan and everyone? I see Goku as picking it up, and wishing all the destruction undone.

Clantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Clantern

People in this thread keep saying that Thanos is immortal, the fact that even if Thanos killed Goku, Goku would be in afterlife training, harnessing enough energy to fire a spirit bomb full power at Thanos, weakening him, the goku eats a couple of sensu beans and goes to work.

I still think Thanos would win, but i still try and think of the possibilities.

Phorqe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Phorqe

We totally need to find a similar site to this that bans DBZ fights. They are all completely ridiculous with no sort of real world measure of strength, power or fighting ability.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he did not beat cell only cuz he was not takeing to seciously he wanted his son gahan to be the hero, and plus when goku was fighting kid buu cell even said it himself.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos wins. 'Nuff said.

ulitmateninjagaidenx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

drax punches a hole through thanos chest, if drax he can do that so can goku, i say goku wins, but if it's thanos with the infinity gauntlet then yeah goku will lose.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"drax punches a hole through thanos chest, if drax he can do that so can goku, i say goku wins, but if it's thanos with the infinity gauntlet then yeah goku will lose."

Goku loses either way.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By King_Saturn

Thanos would take Goku out. Besides in Marvel Super Heroes, Thanos is stronger than Goku. LOL
Post Edited:2008-01-19 21:16:23

Batman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Batman666

Goku now can go to SSJ4 that can destroy cell in a single chi blast and defeat majinboo in just a single (not full-power) kamehameha blast. So with full power kamehameha Thanos's as good as dead. BUT if thanos got his infinite gauntlet, no way goku could defeat thanos.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock

Batman666 says:

"Goku now can go to SSJ4 that can destroy cell in a single chi blast and defeat majinboo in just a single (not full-power) kamehameha blast. So with full power kamehameha Thanos's as good as dead. BUT if thanos got his infinite gauntlet, no way goku could defeat thanos."

Thanos would win without it.

Batman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Batman666

Well I don't know 'bout that. I mean, I read both manga and comics and hell I love them both and SSJ4's ki blast can destroy the sun.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman666 says:

"Goku now can go to SSJ4 that can destroy cell in a single chi blast and defeat majinboo in just a single (not full-power) kamehameha blast. So with full power kamehameha Thanos's as good as dead. BUT if thanos got his infinite gauntlet, no way goku could defeat thanos."

Thanos wins regardless if he has the Infinity Gauntlet or not.

Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman666 says:

"Well I don't know 'bout that. I mean, I read both manga and comics and hell I love them both and SSJ4's ki blast can destroy the sun."

How do you destroy the Sun?? It can be imploded, ot torn apart if it were possible. But destroyed?? I highly doubt that it could DESTROY the Sun. And a Ki blast?? I think not. It is nowhere near the size of the sun. Hell, it's nowhere near the size of Mt. Everest. So tell me, what makes you think a Ki blast could destroy the Sun?? And where did it ever show itself to be capable of destroying the Sun??

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock

Batman666 says:

"Well I don't know 'bout that. I mean, I read both manga and comics and hell I love them both and SSJ4's ki blast can destroy the sun."

You have a comic scan to prove that?

Akronis the Immortal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ulitmateninjagaidenx says:

"drax punches a hole through thanos chest, if drax he can do that so can goku, i say goku wins, but if it's thanos with the infinity gauntlet then yeah goku will lose."

Thanos let his barrier down when he seen Death. That's the only reason Drax did that, because Thanos let him.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Static Shock

"Thanos let his barrier down when he seen Death. That's the only reason Drax did that, because Thanos let him."

Didn't know that.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Unbelonger

Who is Goku?

zzzzzzzzzz

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Static Shock

Unbelonger says:

"Who is Goku?zzzzzzzzzz"

LMAO!

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Unbelonger

What?... oh, do you mean by that laugh that i should have asked "what is goku?" instead of "who"?

zzzzzzzz

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Static Shock

Unbelonger says:

"What?... oh, do you mean by that laugh that i should have asked "what is goku?" instead of "who"?zzzzzzzz"

You don't know who Goku is? I thought you were being sarcastic.

Unbelonger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Unbelonger

Haha i do know who is goku(yes, sarcastic) wich makes me kind of sick. I used to watch that show when i was younger, but i got bored of it's incredibly stupid(for me) plot. It was quite monotone and they couldn't exagerate the power of it's characters.

zzzzzzzz

superjedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By superjedi

Goku would decimate Thanos(Without Infinity Guantlet and HOTU)

Goku is immortal as well.

At the very end of the Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT story Goku is 160 years old, is immortal, one with the dragon balls and can grant wishes. He is in a sesne a GOD!

Thanos has no chance except with the artifacts.

Avatar image for shawn_the_devil
Shawn The Devil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Shawn The Devil

Static Shock says:

"Colt Python says:

No."

No, what? You think Goku can beat Thanos!?

"

Actually no Thanos strength rival that of a Calm Hulk class 100 maybe a bit stronger, his strength doesnt even come to WWHulk Strength, Thanos cant walk and cause the earth to shake, Goku is strong but he mostly fast, In strength Thanos wins, everything else goku, but overall Thanos wins, hes a mad genius, he figure out a way to him, plus he have Mistress Death on his side.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Static Shock

superjedi says:

"Goku would decimate Thanos(Without Infinity Guantlet and HOTU)Goku is immortal as well.At the very end of the Dragonball, DBZ, DBGT story Goku is 160 years old, is immortal, one with the dragon balls and can grant wishes. He is in a sesne a GOD!Thanos has no chance except with the artifacts."

Goku is not immortal. Without the dragon balls, he would have never came back to life. There is no way he could be that old, because Bulma and a lot of other characters are older than him. What you're saying doesn't make sense.