This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

World Martial Arts Tournament Finals

Setting:

Goku (End of Dragonball)

vs

Liu Kang (resurrected)

Rules:

- Combat speed is equalized, but Liu can still teleport and Goku can still use after image

- Liu has all feats and abilities from across meduims. This is Liu from Armageddon but he is alive again so he has feats and abilities of both spirit and Zombie Liu.

- Goku is limited to DB feats

- Goku has no intel on Liu, but Liu has seen Goku fight and has trained and prepped for this battle.

#2 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku should win.

#3 Posted by comicace3 (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

@onilordasmodeus: @NeonGameWave: THAT IS ONE BADASS PIC OF GOKU! And goku wins.

#4 Posted by terry2012 (5271 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: This.

Who is god Liu Kang.

#5 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3: @NeonGameWave:

Yeah. The way I had the OP made Goku pretty OP in comparison to Liu Kang. Maybe the way I have it now will be a little more fair.

#6 Posted by Laurcus (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

With equalized stats Goku should win. He has a ton of experience fighting long drawn out battles against opponents that are greater than or equal to him in power.

#7 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@comicace3 said:

@onilordasmodeus: @NeonGameWave: THAT IS ONE BADASS PIC OF GOKU! And goku wins.

That picture is of Broly, not Goku. But I agree with the rest, cool pic and Goku should win. Better techniques.

#8 Posted by comicace3 (5555 posts) - - Show Bio

@mypasswordis1234: Yeah I found out that when I used that as my icon.

#9 Posted by consolemaster001 (5661 posts) - - Show Bio

goku should win here.

Also god liu kang had like 3 seconds of screentime. We don't know anything about him. Why noy use tremor as well (mk fans will get it ;) )

#10 Posted by heroesgold (608 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku.

#11 Posted by Grandmastersexyhd (305 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku. He still has plenty of ways to beat Liu Kang God or not

#12 Posted by Kablamicus (47 posts) - - Show Bio

God Liu Kang has no feats at all and is referenced once in a what if cutscene.

#13 Posted by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: God Liu Kang is supposed to be basically Liu Kang infused and empowered with Raiden`s abilities as he reaches godhood within this scenario.

#14 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for you comments everyone, I was really just trying to make a fun, but fair, fight, and I'd like to think I succeeded in that.

Though I'd agree that Goku is a beast and would most likely take majority, I still think Liu has a decent shot at doing Goku serious harm. Liu definately has the skill to hang with Goku with the stats evened out, and his teleportation is a great counter to IT and Goku's ranged attacks. If Liu was able to get in on Goku, he could do serious damage with that fire punch of his, and Goku's only option for a punch like that would probably be to match it with a ki infused punch of his own, or try to IT out of the way.

Goku has Liu hands down in the "long battle experience" category though, as @Laurcus pointed out. But I think it's Goku's heritage and his ability to break down an oppontent that is the real reason he'd win. Liu is flawless in his style just like Goku is, but Goku is just so freaking good at improvising.

@consolemaster001

I was actually going to use Shinnok instead of Liu Kang. I had written up the whole story part with him in mind, then chickened out at the last minute and threw Liu in there since he was the more well known and popular one of the two. I actually think Shinnok would fair much better in a fight with Goku, and probably be able to win with nothing holding him back, but like I (kinda) said, with him you are kind of getting in to some hardcore MK stuff.

Maybe I should just go ahead an make a Shinnok vs Goku thread anyway though...hmmm...
#15 Posted by terry2012 (5271 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: Okay, Thanks. Are they any scans of him showing what he can do?

#16 Edited by NeonGameWave (7794 posts) - - Show Bio

@terry2012: No problem. Unfortunately there are no scans or quantifiable feats but Liu Kang`s Mortal Kombat Armageddon ending can give you a good idea of how powerful he would be.

#17 Posted by terry2012 (5271 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave: Okay, Thanks.

#18 Posted by StMichalofWilson (3858 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku's tough, he can make it. Goku wins

#19 Posted by gingerpenny (947 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku destroys

#20 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

The more I think about it...the more I think Liu can win.

#21 Posted by SSJLozza (1528 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed equalized Goku stomps. Under normal circumstances though Goku ubermegapwngodrofllmaopmslstomps!

#22 Edited by nick_hero22 (6892 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku wins, and I wish people would stop posting gameplay mechanics as feats.

#23 Posted by mohammedalkhater (93 posts) - - Show Bio

Liu Kang Wins For Sure.

#24 Posted by colliderz (2109 posts) - - Show Bio

So this Liu Kang's power is around Raiden's level who's suicide attack was like a mini nuke which destroyed a palace and if this is what Liu Kang can do Goku stomps

Reasons

Goku before his training with Kami killed DK Piccolo who easily destroyed a city.

Also he surpassed Master Roshi in Tien Saga who destroyed the Moon of Earth.

#25 Edited by Nuffs (714 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by Transformaa (288 posts) - - Show Bio

liu kang babyyy

#27 Edited by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@colliderz said:

So this Liu Kang's power is around Raiden's level who's suicide attack was like a mini nuke which destroyed a palace and if this is what Liu Kang can do Goku stomps

Reasons

Goku before his training with Kami killed DK Piccolo who easily destroyed a city.

Also he surpassed Master Roshi in Tien Saga who destroyed the Moon of Earth.

Liu, in terms of power, was never as strong as Raiden, he is however as, if not more, skilled than Raiden is though.

And you really can't use those general feats for Goku as proof in this type of battle either. Sure DK Piccolo and Roshi were powerful, but the examples you point to don't really mean much. Let me show you why...

(Example) Liu Kang wins.

Reasons...

1. Liu Kang, after training with the Shaolin, Bo Rai Cho, and being mentored by Raiden, defeated Shang Tsung who has killed/absorbed thousands, and also destroyed an island.
  2. Liu Kang defeated Shao Kahn who was powerful enough to kill every person on the planet in one attack (a feat only recreated by Buu in DBZ), and who also defeated Raiden and all the other kombatants in the MK Universe at the end of Armageddon.

Both these character a powerful in there own right, but in this particular fight it comes down to who is more skilled.

#28 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1228 posts) - - Show Bio

Kid Goku at the end?

hmph I'll go with Liu.

#29 Posted by onilordasmodeus (2545 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironshinobi88: He wasn't a "kid", he was 18 or so at the end of DB.

#30 Posted by Ironshinobi88 (1228 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Jgames (1690 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku stomp

#32 Posted by Dratini1331 (7028 posts) - - Show Bio

@ironshinobi88: The end of dragonball had Goku at about 18 (12 at the start, a few years pass, then a 3 year time skip I believe). It was when he fought Piccolo Jr for the first time and wiped out the surrounding city. This version of Goku:

#33 Edited by oceanmaster21 (8181 posts) - - Show Bio

GOKU BUT NOT EASY

#34 Posted by RetconCrisis (3935 posts) - - Show Bio

@dratini1331: Teen Goku wins.

Kid Goku probably comes close but can lose.

So EoDB Goku wins.

#35 Edited by kyrees (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

dbz vs other characters thread are not allowed. why are you people not flagging this ?

@god_spawn @citizenbane

#36 Posted by Bossmonster (2245 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang

#37 Posted by Stupid_People (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: because its not out of hand as of yet. People are being civilized.

#38 Posted by kyrees (5216 posts) - - Show Bio

@stupid_people: that's not the point. there's ban on the subject, it should be enacted

#39 Edited by Stupid_People (1248 posts) - - Show Bio

@kyrees: Yeah well im sure that a mod will give us all a spanking for disobeying the rules.

#40 Posted by Marshall_Long (2092 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol Goku still stomps his durability is still way above Liu's

#41 Posted by Cardle_grave (458 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku stomps, He is a FTL Moon buster at that point

#42 Posted by Date_Masamune (168 posts) - - Show Bio

Kang

Nope Goku at that time was still surviving island level attacks Liu's hits won't even effect him.

#43 Posted by ssjgodkakarot (156 posts) - - Show Bio

goku

#44 Edited by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

Please don't bump threads with banned content. This isn't anything new.