#1 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku

VS

Infinity Man

Both are Blood Lusted

No Prep

Standard Gear

All Feats Accounted For

Goku Can Go Up To SS3 (feat-wise his most powerful version)

KO/Incapacitation/Death = Win

Battle takes place in space, since Goku can apparently breathe in space

#2 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I be shown something from a higher level of Cannon than the Anime (so, only the Manga qualifies) stating Saiyans can survive in space? In the anime, the opposite is explicitly stated, but I will accept Manga proof above the anime.

Until I get proof, Infinity Man wins just by watching Kakarot suffocate.

#3 Posted by ogarza (124 posts) - - Show Bio

Has he ever beaten Superman? I know they've met. If he has or hasn't will determine who I think would win.

#4 Posted by ogarza (124 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Jodema (443 posts) - - Show Bio

Except Superman can lift 6.6 quintillion tons.

#6 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Can I be shown something from a higher level of Cannon than the Anime (so, only the Manga qualifies) stating Saiyans can survive in space? In the anime, the opposite is explicitly stated, but I will accept Manga proof above the anime.

Ask terry2012 about it, he swears Goku can breathe in space and has legitimate proof...lol

#7 Edited by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

@ogarza: You think Superman peaks at 100 tons really...

anyway yes Infinity-Man has fought and he won even though Superman got some hits in

#8 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1660 posts) - - Show Bio

Also since apparently all feats are accounted for does that count for pre-crisis aswell if so then Infinity man can use the Infinity Beams and drain him of ll of his energy like he did to Mantis.

Also survives "Anti-Matter Blast/Touch"

#9 Posted by NeonGameWave (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku should win, I`m pretty sure Goku can breathe in space.

#10 Posted by Raizex (354 posts) - - Show Bio

@NeonGameWave said:

Goku should win, I`m pretty sure Goku can breathe in space.

Well on the new DBZ movie, the trailer showed that Goku fought with the villian in outer space. So maybe now people wont use the "Saiyans can't breathe in space" debate.

#11 Posted by NeonGameWave (7200 posts) - - Show Bio

@Raizex: Good point.

#12 Posted by uberhikari (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

@ogarza said:

Hmmm... Allow me to help you fix your calculations. New 52 Superman can lift 5,973,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg or 5.9736x10^24 kg. Using your formula, (5.9736x10^24)/32 = 1.86675x10^23. Next, (1.86675x10^23) * (5) = 9.33375x10^23 or 933,375,000,000,000,000,000,000. So, using your formula Superman has a power level of 933.375 sextillion. Superman wins. Science proves it.

#13 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku stomps.

#14 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

Movies are NEVER in DBZ, do any of the DBZ fans even know anything about DBZ, let alone Comic Books? And if somebody does have higher canon proof than the anime, so the manga, explicitly saying Saiyans can breathe in space, then im going with the canon evidence I know.

Either way, Infinity Man stomps.

#15 Posted by xeon1cs (1478 posts) - - Show Bio

@ogarza said:

Cant even begin to tell you what's wrong with this.

#16 Posted by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#17 Edited by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

I wanted to post one scan, but this image upload-insert is a worthless useless s**t. Check my gallery if you want.

They can withstand the vacuum of space, can speak there, etc, and we will know more from the new movie. As superhumans they can hold their breath for a lot more time than humans, but they don't have infinite oxygen, if you thought for that.

@deaditegonzo said:

Movies are NEVER in DBZ, do any of the DBZ fans even know anything about DBZ, let alone Comic Books? And if somebody does have higher canon proof than the anime, so the manga, explicitly saying Saiyans can breathe in space, then im going with the canon evidence I know.

There are canon movies...

#18 Posted by uberhikari (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

Will people stop it already with the whole, "Saiyans can't breathe in space" nonsense? Arguing that a character auto-loses because they can't breathe in space is just a cheap way to try and win the debate. Just assume that they can for the purposes of the fight.

#19 Edited by N0tS0An0nym0us (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

Will people stop it already with the whole, "Saiyans can't breathe in space" nonsense? Arguing that a character auto-loses because they can't breathe in space is just a cheap way to try and win the debate. Just assume that they can for the purposes of the fight.

technically, if the battle took place on a planet and you know how Goku is always blowing up planets and what not lol....it'd matter then since you couldn't assume he can breathe in space in every situation

#20 Edited by YoungChief (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: @deaditegonzo said:

Considering that Toriyama is co-writing in the new movie, and also the fact that the movie can logically fit into the DBZ timeline with no conflict, yes, I would say it is canon..Someone correct me if I am wrong but other than the 2 specials (bardock, history of trunks) the movies are not canon (though the first fight with garlic jr. COULD be), the differences with those though is that they don't really fit into the story timeline all that well and that Toriyama wrote none of them (but had a hand in broly's creation).

(click to enlarge)

By the way the guy he's fighting is called the God of Destruction Bill (yeah kind of a bland name for the god of destruction lol), confirmed galaxy buster level attacker. Here's his page http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bills

There's very little information on him at this time until the movie comes out

#21 Posted by ogarza (124 posts) - - Show Bio

@uberhikari said:

@ogarza said:

Hmmm... Allow me to help you fix your calculations. New 52 Superman can lift 5,973,600,000,000,000,000,000,000 kg or 5.9736x10^24 kg. Using your formula, (5.9736x10^24)/32 = 1.86675x10^23. Next, (1.86675x10^23) * (5) = 9.33375x10^23 or 933,375,000,000,000,000,000,000. So, using your formula Superman has a power level of 933.375 sextillion. Superman wins. Science proves it.

I just saw a bunch of zeros, but I'm not going to argue with you. I honestly didn't believe that I just wanted to show where my point of view was coming from. Besides, scientific notation seems to be more convincing.

#22 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@ogarza said:

Just for fun, sorry for off topic:

That calculation is pointlessly difficult, false.

The 32kg is a 15yo weak boy's peak. With a physical worker body like that farmer, it should be around 55-65kg bench press, and 85kg dead lift or more.

100.000/60=1666,6pl

100.000/80=1250pl

Earth's mass: 5973600000000000000000000kg

5973600000000000000000000/60=99.560.000.000.000pl

5973600000000000000000000/80=74.670.000.000.000pl

We can bench press comfortable with 45-40% of our max, so I doubled Superman PL, because he could lift 2xEarth mass. That's 199.120.000.000.000. I wont calculate the rest 5-10% so let it be 200.000.000.000.000pl (I used the bench press data for the bigger number).

Goku's last official pl is 150.000.000.

If someone have an idea how much stronger he got, feel free to share, but Piccolo could become stronger than a SSJ1 with train without boost, and Goku trained at least 11years after Freeza, and there was 10years gap at the end of the series, so 21 years. Ignores the time when he learned the IT, and all healing ups after battles. So I think it's well possible that Goku became 50x stronger in base form at the end of the series.

That's 150million*50=7.500.000.000 base pl. Base pl*50=375.000.000.000 SSJ pl. SSJ pl * 2(SSJ2pl)=750.000.000.000SSJ2 pl.

If SSJ3 is 3xSSJ then that's=1.125.000.000.000

But I've read that it's 4x, so: 1.500.000.000.000.

A 13bit number of pl vs 15bit number of pl.

#23 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@YoungChief said:

Considering that Toriyama is co-writing in the new movie, and also the fact that the movie can logically fit into the DBZ timeline with no conflict, yes, I would say it is canon..Someone correct me if I am wrong but other than the 2 specials (bardock, history of trunks) the movies are not canon (though the first fight with garlic jr. COULD be), the differences with those though is that they don't really fit into the story timeline all that well and that Toriyama wrote none of them (but had a hand in broly's creation).

(click to enlarge)

By the way the guy he's fighting is called the God of Destruction Bill (yeah kind of a bland name for the god of destruction lol), confirmed galaxy buster level attacker. Here's his page http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Bills

Promotional materials arent evidence, but even if they were, thats not necessarily the vacuum of space. Still, the movies are non- canon (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_(franchise)#Dragon_Ball.2C_Dragon_Ball_Z.2C_and_Dragon_Ball_GT - subsection about movies).

But honestly, we're kinding of splitting hairs here anyway, as the only evidence higher than the two Anime Series, Dragon Ball and DBZ, are the Mangas themselves, but even with the non-canon movies as evidence, Goku's not even close to Infinity Man's league.

#24 Posted by Marksman (1364 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jodema said:

Except Superman can lift 6.6 quintillion tons.

Uh...Try 5.972 sextillion tons.

#25 Posted by Floopay (7700 posts) - - Show Bio

Power scaling isn't even canon within DBZ, it just measures energy output, and that's it.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#26 Posted by HulkSlayerT1000 (1066 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Goku.

#27 Posted by YoungChief (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@YoungChief said:

(click to enlarge)

Promotional materials arent evidence, but even if they were, thats not necessarily the vacuum of space. Still, the movies are non- canon (http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_(franchise)#Dragon_Ball.2C_Dragon_Ball_Z.2C_and_Dragon_Ball_GT - subsection about movies).

But honestly, we're kinding of splitting hairs here anyway, as the only evidence higher than the two Anime Series, Dragon Ball and DBZ, are the Mangas themselves, but even with the non-canon movies as evidence, Goku's not even close to Infinity Man's league.

That's not a promotional material...It's in the movie, they have a fight, in SPACE, we can wait til the movie comes out if you want to debate this..

Also I already stated why this movie is incredibly different from the others, number one being that the creator of the series is working on it unlike the others, and because unlike the other movies it does not contradict any timelines whatsoever

Anyway I don't wanna debate about Goku's power capability, I feel he is vastly underestimated on these forums though by most posters, I've seen some posters claim that ONLY SSj3 goku can destroy a planet, which is laughable considering in SSJ1 he has been stated to be able to do so. But DC fans are obsessed with feats so I can't really argue with anyone, if Superman said he could destroy an asteroid the size of Jupiter with one punch I don't think a single soul on this website would doubt him though

#28 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@YoungChief said:

(click to enlarge)

Kid Goku traveled to the moon without any special suit... There was vacuum. Time to prove that Infinity Man would win. I think if Superman fought against him and there wasn't a clear winner then the "Goku not even close to IM's league" is ridiculous statement.

#29 Posted by CerberusPrime3k (950 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo: Akira Toriyama confirmed that the movie takes place between chapters 517 and 518 in the 33rd issue Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine....

This movie is canon

#30 Edited by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@YoungChief said:

(click to enlarge)

Kid Goku traveled to the moon without any special suit... There was vacuum. Time to prove that Infinity Man would win. I think if Superman fought against him and there wasn't a clear winner then the "Goku not even close to IM's league" is ridiculous statement.

Scan? BTW, Superman =/= Goku, and Superman =/= Infinty Man. I have yet to have had any of my arguments in any of these DBZ vs threads refuted effectively at all. ABC "Goku Beat So n So", Goku can blast planets, "Ive calculated Goku's power level at the end of DBZ as 1 Trillion, and that means he can drink the Milky Way through a straw." Show me his strength is comparable to Supermans, show me his speed is comparable, his durability, etc. The only advantage any DBZ character ever has in these debates is energy projection, and in this case, probably not even that.

@CerberusPrime3k said:

@deaditegonzo: Akira Toriyama confirmed that the movie takes place between chapters 517 and 518 in the 33rd issue Weekly Shonen Jump Magazine....

This movie is canon

Good to know, thats a first.

@YoungChief said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@YoungChief said:

(click to enlarge)

That's not a promotional material...It's in the movie, they have a fight, in SPACE, we can wait til the movie comes out if you want to debate this..

Also I already stated why this movie is incredibly different from the others, number one being that the creator of the series is working on it unlike the others, and because unlike the other movies it does not contradict any timelines whatsoever

Anyway I don't wanna debate about Goku's power capability, I feel he is vastly underestimated on these forums though by most posters, I've seen some posters claim that ONLY SSj3 goku can destroy a planet, which is laughable considering in SSJ1 he has been stated to be able to do so. But DC fans are obsessed with feats so I can't really argue with anyone, if Superman said he could destroy an asteroid the size of Jupiter with one punch I don't think a single soul on this website would doubt him though

The thing about forum battles is, that unless you want to have a lot of speculation and opinion, you have to be very strict on proofs. And what you said about Superman is interesting to bring up, because he does make a lot of claims, hes said outright he can break anything by punching it, on several occasions, he has said he was throwing punches that could destroy planets, while barely exerting himself, but ive never seen that used as evidence.

Comics are quite bad about Hyperbole, and even writers and creators make unsubstantiated claims. For example, if we take statements as facts, Sentry is galactus' equal and has the power of a million exploding suns, and the argument about Supes v Thor is a waste of time because Thors writer in the 90s said Superman would win.

Anyway, for a a theoretical battle, proofs are necessary, and I will gladly discuss this movie with you after ive seen it (as I cant speak knowledgeably about it right now).

#31 Posted by mypasswordis1234 (1106 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

@mypasswordis1234 said:

@deaditegonzo said:

@YoungChief said:

(click to enlarge)

Scan? BTW, Superman =/= Goku, and Superman =/= Infinty Man. I have yet to have had any of my arguments in any of these DBZ vs threads refuted effectively at all. ABC "Goku Beat So n So", Goku can blast planets, "Ive calculated Goku's power level at the end of DBZ as 1 Trillion, and that means he can drink the Milky Way through a straw." Show me his strength is comparable to Supermans, show me his speed is comparable, his durability, etc. The only advantage any DBZ character ever has in these debates is energy projection, and in this case, probably not even that.

Scan, for what? It happened and Akira T. confirmed it. I wont search it now, if you don't believe it that's not my problem, if you just curious, then say please. "any of my arguments" Do you have arguments? All you do is repeat "show me" like a parrot. Being skeptical is good, but you not shown any intend to agree with anything unless you saw it by yourself, which is not good, not scientifically, not logical, not worth to try convince you with respectful comments.

#32 Posted by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Scan?

The travel to the moon is off-panel,but it's safe to say that he really went there. But the funny thing is that they can talk,make noises,in the "vaccum of the space"

Here is the scan you asked for,it's easier when you actually read the manga to find this things:

#33 Edited by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@Parallax_Hal_Jordan said:

@deaditegonzo said:

Scan?

The travel to the moon is off-panel,but it's safe to say that he really went there. But the funny thing is that they can talk,make noises,in the "vaccum of the space"

Here is the scan you asked for,it's easier when you actually read the manga to find this things:

Cool, ty.

Also, in DB/DBZ, I accept that the Manga is higher canon than the show, even though the show is canon. I will accept Goku can breath in space, maybe King Kai and Frieza thought some other aspect the vacuum would kill Goku, or maybe it was just really choppy writing. I know DB was aiming more laughs, a lot like Doctor Slump.

This is how a point should be made, state a feat, and back it up, and preferably, mention how it applies to the battle. Goku doesnt just suffocate while Infinity Man laughs.

I love how they just rode the power pole to the moon.

#34 Edited by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Cool, ty.

Np

Also, in DB/DBZ, I accept that the Manga is higher canon than the show, even though the show is canon.

Maybe the anime is canon,but it has a lot of inconsistences (even more than the manga).Goku Ssj3 trading blows with Boo-Gotenks ,when he clearly stated that if they engage a weaker version (Super Boo) ,even with Vegeta's help, they will die. Goku and Vegeta Ssj1 surviving a fight with BooGohan (they were loosing,but he should've killed them in 1 hit),Vegetto in base form stomping BooGohan,when in the manga he only appears in few panels and didn't fight at all,etc

I will accept Goku can breath in space, maybe King Kai and Frieza thought some other aspect the vacuum would kill Goku

The thing is that we don't know how much time they can survive in the vacuum,1 minute?1 hour?1 day? perhaps that's why Freeza said that,he knew that he wouldn't reach a planet in time. Maybe the vacuum won't kill him,but the lack of air would

I apologize,my english isn't good :(

#35 Posted by dewboy01 (1876 posts) - - Show Bio

@N0tS0An0nym0us: infinity man, cause 1. he's a new god, and 2. he's power cosmic.

#36 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Cool, ty.

Np

Also, in DB/DBZ, I accept that the Manga is higher canon than the show, even though the show is canon.

Maybe the anime is canon,but it has a lot of inconsistences (even more than the manga).Goku Ssj3 trading blows with Boo-Gotenks ,when he clearly stated that if they engage a weaker version (Super Boo) ,even with Vegeta's help, they will die. Goku and Vegeta Ssj1 surviving a fight with BooGohan (they were loosing,but he should've killed them in 1 hit),Vegetto in base form stomping BooGohan,when in the manga he only appears in few panels and didn't fight at all,etc

I will accept Goku can breath in space, maybe King Kai and Frieza thought some other aspect the vacuum would kill Goku

The thing is that we don't know how much time they can survive in the vacuum,1 minute?1 hour?1 day? perhaps that's why Freeza said that,he knew that he wouldn't reach a planet in time. Maybe the vacuum won't kill him,but the lack of air would

I apologize,my english isn't good :(

Dude your english is just fine. Mad props. Are you japanese? Im only asking because im interested in talking to somebody who can read the original Japanese dictation, AND understand the idiosyncracies when translating.

#37 Posted by uberhikari (1850 posts) - - Show Bio

This fight is somewhat debatable because of Goku's combat speed, but what isn't debatable is this: 1) If Goku gets hit with the Infini-beams, even once, he's going to get stomped for the duration of the fight and 2) Goku has no answer for Infinity Man's molecular manipulation.

#38 Edited by Parallax_Hal_Jordan (372 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Dude your english is just fine. Mad props.

Thanks,i really appreciate it

Are you japanese?

Sorry,i'm not japanese,i'm Argentine. But i have read the manga in both idioms,english and spanish and they have very few differences

Btw,i read again where Goku show his Shunkanido to the guys and he say "you will instantly go to where they are". So it's not light speed,it's "faster". But of course,can't be used for combat speed,and maybe neither traveling speed,he has to react fast enough to use it...his IT is as fast as Goku is

And there's another thing i just realize reading this pages...Yamcha said that they were 10000 km away from Kame House,It takes less than 1/30 of a sec to the light make that distance (literally,less than the blink of an eye).If Raditz is FTL, why they are surprised? everyone there (except Bulma lol) can do it in hundredths of seconds...they are supposedly faster than Raditz.

Vegeta said that Goku was fooling them by moving fast,but when Yamcha said the distance,Vegeta make his "I hate you Kakarott" face xD

#39 Posted by deaditegonzo (3329 posts) - - Show Bio

@deaditegonzo said:

Dude your english is just fine. Mad props.

Thanks,i really appreciate it

Are you japanese?

Sorry,i'm not japanese,i'm Argentine. But i have read the manga in both idioms,english and spanish and they have very few differences

Btw,i read again where Goku show his Shunkanido to the guys and he say "you will instantly go to where they are". So it's not light speed,it's "faster". But of course,can't be used for combat speed,and maybe neither traveling speed,he has to react fast enough to use it...his IT is as fast as Goku is

And there's another thing i just realize reading this pages...Yamcha said that they were 10000 km away from Kame House,It takes less than 1/30 of a sec to the light make that distance (literally,less than the blink of an eye).If Raditz is FTL, why they are surprised? everyone there (except Bulma lol) can do it in hundredths of seconds...they are supposedly faster than Raditz.

Vegeta said that Goku was fooling them by moving fast,but when Yamcha said the distance,Vegeta make his "I hate you Kakarott" face xD

All good points. The lightspeed comment is from the anime, he goes as far as to say 186,000 miles per second (which is why I was asking about the Japanese dub as he would have certainly used KM), so theres no real ambiguity, and says "your molecules travel on beams of light".And Akira Toriyama WORKED ON THE ANIME! LoL

I love DBZ, so I dont want anybody to take this the wrong way, but I think another weakness in any DBZ fight is that Akira Toriyama himself was just a really choppy, inconsistent and forgetful writer.

"You traveled 10,000km?! Wow, thats far!" And theres been a ton of instances where the characters are like, "Lets get there as fast as we can!" and then take forever to reach their destination (Like Trunks and Goten going to see Babidi).