• 63 results
#1 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku SSJ3 vs 1 000 Friezas

1. Normal fight

2. Goku is not allowed to move for the first 30 seconds, and he is not allowed to attack for the first 60 seconds.

#2 Posted by jashro44 (25389 posts) - - Show Bio

I think he stomps in both rounds. Freiza couldn't hurt Goku the second he emerged from the hybolic time chamber an army of freizas wont change things. He will just rapid fire ki blasts and each one that hits a freiza will pretty well kill a freiza.

#3 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku

#4 Posted by Nefarious (22898 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku slaughterhouse. It's not even a challenge.

#5 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

This is correct.

#6 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku.

#7 Posted by utotheg38 (18861 posts) - - Show Bio

STOMP

#8 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44: @NX: @Nefarious: @dccomicsrule2011: @sesquipedalophobe: @utotheg38:

So thousand Friezas will be spamming planet+ busting attacks at him for 30 seconds and he will not be hurt?

#9 Posted by jashro44 (25389 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein: Goku has amazing durability to energy attacks it probably wont hurt him. Its been proven frieza can't really hurt goku so adding more to the mix wont change things. There will be thousands of attacks that can't hurt goku flying at him. To be honest if this was freiza whos powers were increased 1000 fold he would have a better chance as the attacks heading to goku will actually hurt him.

#10 Posted by dboyrules2011 (14678 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nefarious said:

#11 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@jashro44 said:

@Mortein: Goku has amazing durability to energy attacks it probably wont hurt him. Its been proven frieza can't really hurt goku so adding more to the mix wont change things. There will be thousands of attacks that can't hurt goku flying at him. To be honest if this was freiza whos powers were increased 1000 fold he would have a better chance as the attacks heading to goku will actually hurt him.

If Frieza was 1000 times more powerful, I think one Frieza may be too much. Based off of a DBZ guidebook, Super Saiyan 3 is 400 times as powerful as Super Saiyan 1. Frieza was about as powerful as SSJ1 Goku. So if Frieza is 1000 times as powerful, he'd probably beat Goku at SSJ3.

#12 Posted by Zorn_a_Rust_Red_Scythe (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Power level is the only thing that matters in DBZ ever since after the Raditz fight.

A bunch of Freezas trying to harm SSJ3 Goku would be like a bunch of fruit flies trying to take down an elephant.

#13 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

If Frieza was 1000 times more powerful, I think one Frieza may be too much. Based off of a DBZ guidebook, Super Saiyan 3 is 400 times as powerful as Super Saiyan 1. Frieza was about as powerful as SSJ1 Goku. So if Frieza is 1000 times as powerful, he'd probably beat Goku at SSJ3.

EOS base Goku>>>>>>>>>>SSJ Goku (frieza saga)

#14 Posted by jashro44 (25389 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

You have to keep in mind after training in the hyperbolic time chamber gokus base form is stronger then his ssj1 freiza saga form. Also goku can even the odds with kaio-ken X20 which would make his 400x boost a 8000x temporarily (400X20=8000).

#15 Posted by MrDirector786 (43641 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

EOS base Goku>>>>>>>>>>SSJ Goku (frieza saga)

True. I didn't think about that.

#16 Edited by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

@jashro44 said:

That was a initial/unmastered form of Super Saiyan 1. By the end of the Cell arc he was anywhere from 11x to 25x stronger than Freeza.

The guidebook has SSJ Goku at 150 million, and Freeza at 120 million.

when the Super Saiyans first faced Androids 17, and 18, they were winning...and stated they were only using 50% power, making them at least 2.5 x Freeza.

Later on Vegeta came out of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and easily bested Semi-Perfect Cell, who had absorbed 17. Semi Perfect Cell was composed of Imperfect Cell (at least as strong as 17) and Android 17. Making Semi-Perfect Cell at least 5.5x Freeza. So Super Saiyan Vegeta at the time > 5.5x Freeza.

When Goku first exited the time chamber, he powered up to 50% and Vegeta was absolutely shaken. Making Goku >> 11x Freeza.

So Super Saiyan 1 Goku (mastered form) is at least 11x Freeza. Some people have interpreted that the "3000 kiri" measurement Babadi made in the Buu arc = 3 Billion, which would make Goku at Super Saiyan 1 at 25x higher than Freeza.

So SSJ3 Goku is in reality around 10,000 times stronger than Freeza.

#17 Edited by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@dccomicsrule2011: @Mortein said:

So thousand Friezas will be spamming planet+ busting attacks at him for 30 seconds and he will not be hurt?

If Freeza blew up the planet itself, no, because Goku can't breathe in space. But the ki blasts themselves would do no damage to Goku. Besides Freeza's attacks are core-busters, not planet busters.

#18 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26860 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob said:

If Freeza blew up the planet itself, no, because Goku can't breathe in space. But the ki blasts themselves would do no damage to Goku. Besides Freeza's attacks are core-busters, not planet busters.

Agreed.

#19 Edited by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob said:

Goku may not be able to breath in space but he can survive and space, and has done so in the past. And it was for a hell of a lot longer than the 60 seconds he cant move to just teleport in this scenario. His father has also survived in space, and so has his son when fused with trunks. Really this core busting stuff has made it to comicvine as well? This core busting non sense is really getting out of hand on the net. It's only existence is to downplay dragon ball characters. The planet explodes, i mean end of argument. Anyone calling it core busting instead of calling it what it is "planet busting", should seriously just not waste their time.

And i think goku takes this.

#20 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cold_World said:

@alcoholbob said:

Goku may not be able to breath in space but he can survive and space, and has done so in the past. And it was for a hell of a lot longer than the 60 seconds he cant move to just teleport in this scenario. His father has also survived in space, and so has his son when fused with trunks. Really on comicvine too? This core busting non sense is really getting out of hand on the net. It's only existence is to downplay dragon ball characters. The planet explodes, i mean end of argument. Anyone using this core busting instead of calling it what it is "planet busting", should seriously just not waste their time.

It's all anime nonsense to me.

#21 Posted by NX (307 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you saying this is an anime thread?

#22 Posted by D3athstroke (4156 posts) - - Show Bio

In round 2 one frieza kills him with distracto disc

#23 Posted by Grand Ninja (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mortein: DBZ rule 101 

Quality >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Quantity 

IE: 
One guy with a power level 10,000 > ten guys with a power level of 9,000 
Get it?
#24 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Cold_World: It's manga and anime, so my point stands. Holding your breath in space is fine, in fact it's great. Still, Goku has received slaps from women leaving marks, taken fire damage (for the sake of comedy), but the vacuum of space should suck the air out of his lungs. His skin would begin to burn, his eyes would shoot blood and he will explode/implode/turn into carebears. Japanese characters are very inconsistent. Busting the core of the planet and busting a planet is really all the same. It's the same desired effect, but going after the core is like poisoning a king and isn't a test of real power.

#25 Posted by Grand Ninja (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:

In round 2 one frieza kills him with distracto disc

Won't work. Power Level determines density and durability of the skin and overall body structure. Krillin's Distructo Disc didn't work on Perfect Cell for example. 
#26 Posted by Grand Ninja (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Cold_World: It's manga and anime, so my point stands. Holding your breath in space is fine, in fact it's great. Still, Goku has received slaps from women leaving marks, taken fire damage (for the sake of comedy), but the vacuum of space should suck the air out of his lungs. His skin would begin to burn, his eyes would shoot blood and he will explode/implode/turn into carebears. Japanese characters are very inconsistent. Busting the core of the planet and busting a planet is really all the same. It's the same desired effect, but going after the core is like poisoning a king and isn't a test of real power.

You can't "hold" your breath in space if you are talking. DBZ characters talk in space all the time. 0_0
#27 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Grand Ninja: Ha, yeah. They always talked, which is why I'm surprised any fighting went on.

#28 Posted by GTG12 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

Goku easy

#29 Posted by Grand Ninja (2302 posts) - - Show Bio
@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Grand Ninja: Ha, yeah. They always talked, which is why I'm surprised any fighting went on.

The other funny thing is that the sounds from the voices actually reach ears of the character they are talking to. In space, sound doesn't really exist! 0_0
#30 Edited by Cold_World (45 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Cold_World said:

@alcoholbob said:

Goku may not be able to breath in space but he can survive and space, and has done so in the past. And it was for a hell of a lot longer than the 60 seconds he cant move to just teleport in this scenario. His father has also survived in space, and so has his son when fused with trunks. Really on comicvine too? This core busting non sense is really getting out of hand on the net. It's only existence is to downplay dragon ball characters. The planet explodes, i mean end of argument. Anyone using this core busting instead of calling it what it is "planet busting", should seriously just not waste their time.

It's all anime nonsense to me.

I'm sorry what exactly is the "anime non sense"? Let me start by saying that dragon ball is a manga, a Japanese comicbook if you will. Superman could survive in space by holding his breath for hours back when he was written as being unable to breath in space. Is that "anime nonsense" as well? Or maybe you're referring to the planet busting? Something that happens quite often in comics. I'm not quite sure what to make of your post.

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Actually the anime isn't canon so your point in fact doesn't stand. Actually the more you post the less sense your views make. Actually the only thing thats beginning to make sense is that you're more concerned about going off into some anti manga and anime thing or comics is better than manga thing.Which begs the question, why are you in this thread? Yes goku has received slaps that left read marks on his ace in the not canon anime that didn't happen in the manga for as you already pointed out comedy purposes. At the very, very, very least its a low showing, which again shows you dont really have a point. Goku has tanked nuclear explosions before they moved into the really powerful showings of z fighters seen in the later parts of dragonball and he has only gotten literally millions of times more powerful. And he went into space, before he was strong enough to tank nukes Goku is not, human, so no everything that would happen to a humans body would not happen to goku. And it did not happen to goku. Destroying an entire planet is the equivalent to poisoning someone? I'm not even going to go into why that analogy makes absolutely no sense. Yes i know what you were trying to say but you failed miserably in trying to convey it. Freiza went for the core because he stated he didn't want to get caught in the explosion he would have caused by outright blowing it up while still on it. This was in the manga and anime, but of course its never mentioned on comic book sites. I wonder why. Freiza when he was over 240 times weaker used his finger to blow up a planet no core busting needed. There is no inconsistency here. At least not in what you're going on about. And id rather not get sit through an anti manga/anime thing with you. Not because i know you'd lose and id be wasting my time, although thats a factor. But because this isn't the place for it. I'd love to sit here and pick apart the inconsistencies caused by hundreds of different comic book writers compared to the very few in a Japanese manga which is usually written by one guy.

@Grand Ninja said:

@sesquipedalophobe said:

You can't "hold" your breath in space if you are talking. DBZ characters talk in space all the time. 0_0

yes in the non canon anime they did. In the manga they didn't speak. Meh who knows ki works in mysterious ways. And it isn't any less ridiculous than when superman was talking to darksied in space when he blitzed him out of the kent farm and into the sun. Or people like spectre talking in space. Also i fail to see the point here exactly.

#31 Posted by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Toei either overly exaggerated and or severely downplayed power levels to the point that it made no sense. I take it as seriously as superman cartoons. Except the DBZ anime was a bit more fun to watch.

#32 Edited by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob said:

Frieza not being above planet busting is ridiculous.

Even the Moon is big enough to be considered a small planet.

Roshi (PL under 200) destroyed the moon

king Piccolo (PL under 300) stated he can destroy 1/43 of earth

Piccolo jr (PL under 500) destroyed the moon without even powering up.

Nappa (PL under 5 000) effortlessly destroyed entire region just by lifting two fingers

Vegeta (PL 18 000) stated how he can destroy the Earth

Base form Frieza (PL 530 000) easily destroyed a planet Vegeta which had at least 10 times bigger gravity then the earth, meaning it was most likely much bigger then the earth.

Final form Frieza had a PL 120 000 000, and him not destroying planet Namek without 5 minute delay is a pure PIS made just to prolong the battle.

#33 Posted by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

@alcoholbob said:

Nappa (PL under 5 000) effortlessly destroyed entire region just by lifting two fingers

Base form Frieza (PL 530 000) easily destroyed a planet Vegeta which had at least 10 times bigger gravity then the earth, meaning it was most likely much bigger then the earth.

Final form Frieza had a PL 120 000 000, and him not destroying planet Namek without 5 minute delay is a pure PIS made just to prolong the battle.

Now that's just plain kooky talk.

#34 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

Now that's just plain kooky talk.

I said something wrong?

#35 Edited by sesquipedalophobe (4765 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein: Destroying a planet and fighting Goku head on during the super saiyan 3 stage are two entirely different subjects. As far as I know nearly every character Goku has faced has the capability of damaging or obliterating the earth, but it doesn't present much of a challenge. Besides, the villains always threatened to blow up the earth when the fight was in Goku's favor.

#36 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@sesquipedalophobe said:

@Mortein: Destroying a planet and fighting Goku head on during the super saiyan 3 stage are two entirely different subjects. As far as I know nearly every character Goku has faced has the capability of damaging or obliterating the earth, but it doesn't present much of a challenge. Besides, the villains always threatened to blow up the earth when the fight was in Goku's favor.

I agree that Goku wins this.

#37 Posted by Supreme Marvel (11269 posts) - - Show Bio

How can this battle be logical (why am I saying this, it's a DBZ battle)? When a Z character reaches certain levels, they can shrug off blasts of people weaker then themselves. One Frieza would do nothing to a Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Adding 1000 Freiza isn't going to do much even if one Freiza can't hurt him with anything. Freiza couldn't even hurt Trunks. And he was significantly lower than his form in the Cell Saga.

#38 Posted by OmegaDynasty (9199 posts) - - Show Bio

Well if Gohan in the future can do this..without being a SSJ then you can just imagen what SSJ3 Goku would do. 

#39 Posted by dccomicsrule2011 (26860 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

How can this battle be logical (why am I saying this, it's a DBZ battle)? When a Z character reaches certain levels, they can shrug off blasts of people weaker then themselves. One Frieza would do nothing to a Super Saiyan 3 Goku. Adding 1000 Freiza isn't going to do much even if one Freiza can't hurt him with anything. Freiza couldn't even hurt Trunks. And he was significantly lower than his form in the Cell Saga.

Agreed great point.

#40 Posted by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@Supreme Marvel said:

what if they all attack him at the same time?

#41 Posted by TifaLockhart (14157 posts) - - Show Bio

It's probably a question of sheer numbers versus raw stats. On one hand, 1 level 5 footman will defeat 1 level 1 ogre. If you increase the stats enough, one ogre can solo many, many knights.

On the other hand, you got the dogpile, which can oftentimes be successful. A good swarm team will decimate KC Superman.

I personally say that there aren't enough Friezas to damage SSJ3 Goku. 1000 times zero is zero. Of course if they can hurt him and he doesn't heal fast enough, then I guess he could be swarmed.

Then again, Destructo Disc has never been shown to fail. It's their best bet, but I wouldn't count on it.

#42 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

Toriyama is a genius in ideas but full of sh*t when it comes to consistencies. Let's go back to my fave DBZ PIS. 40 tons (or 400 whatever) was something adult (dead) goku struggled with. Kid Goku in his very early days and minimal Roshin training was able to lift a boulder that is approximately around 100-200 tons. WTF!?!?!?!

#43 Edited by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

@alcoholbob said:

You know Toriyama dropped power levels for a reason right? The arithmetic system breaks down completely since the characters are only becoming relatively stronger than each other, while their pure destructive power is backpedaling (compare early DB Manga to Android Arc art for example).

You are using fan logic and based on your "analysis" most of the stuff in the Cell and Buu arc would "contradict" the power levels of the Saiyan and Freeza arc.

Unless you are in complete denial of the rest of the manga and the only part of the manga you find relevant is the "Saiyan Scouter Era", your "arithmetic" is valiant but a waste of brain cells.

#44 Edited by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@Mortein said:

Toriyama is a genius in ideas but full of sh*t when it comes to consistencies. Let's go back to my fave DBZ PIS. 40 tons (or 400 whatever) was something adult (dead) goku struggled with. Kid Goku in his very early days and minimal Roshin training was able to lift a boulder that is approximately around 100-200 tons. WTF!?!?!?!

Well the feats are typically at the beginning of all these mangas to get casuals to read. Comics in the US typically have many authors doing one-shots or short arcs of a given intellectual property (ip), so obviously they all want to jump out on the page and say "LOOK AT ME!" with crazy feats.

An established author stops caring and focuses more on the story he's trying to tell, so with a lot of shonen mangas you see the destructive feats going away (a panel dedicated to a "absolute" feat is a wasted panel).

#45 Posted by ssejllenrad (12790 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob: But the fact that they have the need to "level-up" each and every time a new threat arrives is just pathetic. If they wanted to focus more on the depth of the story, a lot of these manga writers should have introduced newer threats with different natures of powers instead of just the "being stronger than the previous one" formula that would just be nerfed somewhere down the line.

#46 Edited by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

40 T is not actually inconsistency.

Goku never lifted anything heavier than 40 T, when he was training with Roshi he pushed 10-50 T heavy boulder.

Also, we don't know what was the gravity of that planet, so we can't calculate the weight, so we don't know how heavy those 40 T would be on Earth.

Since Goku used that planet for training it is logical to assume how that planet had gravity much bigger than earth, but this is just a speculation.

Goku was also powered down when he struggled with 40 T. DBZ characters are always powered down, except during intensive fights. After he powered up, moving with 40T in super speed, was peace of cake, too easy, so he obviously powered up to much. He didn’t have to power up all the way to SSJ1, which we see, ,when he said “now is too easy”

@alcoholbob said:

You know Toriyama dropped power levels for a reason right?

Yes, the outcome of battles was always obvious with PL, so he removed PL to make battles more fun to watch.

You are using fan logic and based on your "analysis" most of the stuff in the Cell and Buu arc would "contradict" the power levels of the Saiyan and Freeza arc.

Like what? give me a scan so I can comment. Obviously there are some contradictions in DBZ world, like in every other fictional world, but there certainly isn't so much inconsistency that it's preventing us from using logic

#47 Edited by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mortein said:

like what? give me a scan so I can comment. Obviously there are some contradictions in DBZ world, like in every other fictional world, but there certainly isn't so much inconsistency that it's preventing us from using logic

Dragon Ball Volume 40 Chapter 34

#48 Edited by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob said:

@Mortein said:

like what? give me a scan so I can comment. Obviously there are some contradictions in DBZ world, like in every other fictional world, but there certainly isn't so much inconsistency that it's preventing us from using logic

Dragon Ball Volume 40 Chapter 34

Could you explain me what is inconsistent in that scan?

So they are playing volleyball with energy ball which then hits the Earth and kills 10% of population, how is that an inconsistency??

#49 Posted by alcoholbob (1189 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah you are right, there is no inconsistencies there. Because a Buu Arc Kamehameha is obviously weaker than Saiyan Arc Vegeta's Galic Gun

*facepalm*

#50 Edited by Mortein (3314 posts) - - Show Bio

@alcoholbob said:

Yeah you are right, there is no inconsistencies there. Because a Buu Arc Kamehameha is obviously weaker than Saiyan Arc Vegeta's Galic Gun

*facepalm*

Just because explosion is smaller it doesn't mean it is less powerful.

They can focus explosions from their beams.

See statement from Trunks, Vegeta made his attack smaller.

Self destruction is perfect example of focused explosion.

We know Vegeta used his entire power to perform this attack, yet the explosion was much smaller then a moon explosion

So was the explosion focused or is this the limit for SSJ2 Majin Vegeta?

Or look at Nappa, who effortlessly destroyed entire region, but when he used his full powered attack the explosion was incomparably smaller

There are countless exsamples like these ones in DBZ.

But what I don't undersand is why people are using this argument only against DBZ. In almost every fictional universe explosions can be focused.

Take a look at this scan, Odin KOed SS with a blast, and explosion was not bigger than car explosion. Does that means SS can get KOed by a car explosion? Ofc not. that explosion obviously had enough energy to destroy planets, it was just focused.

here superman got destroyed by an attack that didn't even destroy a city.

here Thanos got a little bit hurt from a city busting explosion.

here thanos (with shields) got hurt from an explosion smaller than a house.

I think all those explosions were focused planet+ explosions, and I apply the same logic for DBZ world.