Goku Runs the Fighting Skill Gauntlet

This topic is locked from further discussion.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By renamed040924

Supreme Kai gets word of the almighty moderator overlords lifting the barrier separating the Dragon Ball world from all other dimensions. Telling Goku of this, the Saiyan is overjoyed with glee at the chance to test his merits against not one, but TWO entire universes filled with extraordinary fighters.

In an effort to maintain fairness, Goku will make sure to closely monitor his ki so as not to surpass his opponents in power. This is all skill baby, how far will Earth's greatest protector get?

Round 1 - Fists of Fury

In this round, all fights will be strictly hand to hand combat.

First Match:

Punisher

Second Match:

Daredevil

Third Match:

Batman

Round 2 - Weapons Masters

In this round, Goku will be equipped with his Power Pole in an effort to counter the signature weapons of his opponents.

First Match:

Deathstroke (sword)

Second Match:

Wonder Woman (lasso & bracelets)

Third Match:

Captain America (shield)

Round 3 - Cheaters

In the final round, Goku will go against an assortment of foes who often utilize unique abilities to get the better of their opponents. These unique talents aside, all fights will be H2H. Goku can use ki attacks here, but he must still keep level with his adversary's power level.

First Match:

Wolverine (Adamantium Claws & Healing Factor)

Second Match:

Cassandra Cain (muscle reader)

Third Match:

Taskmaster (move stealer)

Will Goku finally meet his limits? Or will the Saiyan triumph once again?

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ximpossibrux

Clears Round 1

Round 2 Stops at 3... he might clear

Ki attacks?, he clears Round 3

Why you may ask?

Goku's martial arts

Goku is an amazing martial arts fighter and one of the best ever in Dragon Ball Z, ever since Goku was a kid he trained in martial arts. He has been trained by the Legendary Martial arts Master, Master Roshi in the Turtle School and has been trained by the God King Kai as an adult. Furthermore Goku trained by himself for tournaments and has self-taught himself in martial arts when he left Master Roshi.

Furthermore Goku is a Sayain meaning it's in his instinct to fight, he actually enjoys it. This is a factor because he would enjoy fighting Superman and wouldn't be disouraged.

Kami a god praises Goku on his fighting sense, and that he always evolves and learns the opponents techniques. He would have no trouble doing it to Superman.

God is literally praising Goku for his fighting and tactics.

Goku is a martial arts master and is constantly learning, and always finding out a weakness in his enemy. Goku thinks on his feet in battle, this is seen when he exhales strongly to change the trajectory of his descent and throw off his opponent, Chappa O at the 22nd Budokai.

Goku was able to actually invent a new martial arts style based on animal mimicry during the heat of battle, to counter Muten Roshi's Sui Ken (drunkenfist) at the 21st Budokai. In addition to fighting entire battles at very high speeds and blocking, parrying and countering attacks with blinding speed.

Goku also utilizes grappling moves in certain situations

Kid Goku smart enough Exhales to stop his trajectory

img213.imageshack.us/img213/3015/gokuslowingdownhisfallm.gif

img29.imageshack.us/img29/9273/gokuslowingdownhisfall2.gif

img651.imageshack.us/img651/8153/gokuslowingdownhisfall3.gif

Counters Master Roshi's Drunkfist with his Animal mimicry

img542.imageshack.us/img542/9763/gokumonkeystyle.png

img341.imageshack.us/img341/9815/gokumonkeystyle2.png

img38.imageshack.us/img38/6421/gokumonkeystyle3.png

Goku Tricks Nappa into a fit of rage so he fights sloppey.

img37.imageshack.us/img37/5623/gokutrickingnappaintora.jpg

Grappling move " Wall of Jericho" on Tien and the "Full Nelson" on Raditz

Some other scans of him fighting.

His training has been well developed.

Goku has been a martial artist all his life and that's the only thing he has known to do. Training and honing his skill when he was kid, to an adult.

Goku was trained by martial arts master, Master Roshi, Self-Taught himself, trained under Mr.Popo and Kami, and trained under King Kai.

Kid Goku almost had a tie with Master Roshi ("An Invincible martial arts Master")

Taught by Popo and Kami to fight with his senses, and feel the atmosphere.

http://imageshack.us/a/img710/2461/gokulightingfastcombats.jpg

Trained by King Kai

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/4759/gokutrainedbygod.jpg

Furthermore Goku fights martial arts through instinct and feels the life force(KI) of his opponent when he cannot see them, and feels the movement and anticipates the attacks of who he is fighting.

Feeling the air currents when he can't see, and determining Yakons moves.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/4083/gokufightingyakon.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/4787/gokufightingyakon2.jpg

Powerpole can cut swords.

}

Even as a Kid he can easily read the movements of a martial arts master and counter him

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By renamed040924

@XImpossibruX said:

Clears Round 1

Round 2 Stops at 2,3

Ki attacks?, he clears Round 3

Why you may ask?

Goku's martial arts

Goku is an amazing martial arts fighter and one of the best ever in Dragon Ball Z, ever since Goku was a kid he trained in martial arts. He has been trained by the Legendary Martial arts Master, Master Roshi in the Turtle School and has been trained by the God King Kai as an adult. Furthermore Goku trained by himself for tournaments and has self-taught himself in martial arts when he left Master Roshi.

Furthermore Goku is a Sayain meaning it's in his instinct to fight, he actually enjoys it. This is a factor because he would enjoy fighting Superman and wouldn't be disouraged.

Kami a god praises Goku on his fighting sense, and that he always evolves and learns the opponents techniques. He would have no trouble doing it to Superman.

God is literally praising Goku for his fighting and tactics.

Goku is a martial arts master and is constantly learning, and always finding out a weakness in his enemy. Goku thinks on his feet in battle, this is seen when he exhales strongly to change the trajectory of his descent and throw off his opponent, Chappa O at the 22nd Budokai.

Goku was able to actually invent a new martial arts style based on animal mimicry during the heat of battle, to counter Muten Roshi's Sui Ken (drunkenfist) at the 21st Budokai. In addition to fighting entire battles at very high speeds and blocking, parrying and countering attacks with blinding speed.

Goku also utilizes grappling moves in certain situations

Kid Goku smart enough Exhales to stop his trajectory

img213.imageshack.us/img213/3015/gokuslowingdownhisfallm.gif

img29.imageshack.us/img29/9273/gokuslowingdownhisfall2.gif

img651.imageshack.us/img651/8153/gokuslowingdownhisfall3.gif

Counters Master Roshi's Drunkfist with his Animal mimicry

img542.imageshack.us/img542/9763/gokumonkeystyle.png

img341.imageshack.us/img341/9815/gokumonkeystyle2.png

img38.imageshack.us/img38/6421/gokumonkeystyle3.png

Goku Tricks Nappa into a fit of rage so he fights sloppey.

img37.imageshack.us/img37/5623/gokutrickingnappaintora.jpg

Grappling move " Wall of Jericho" on Tien and the "Full Nelson" on Raditz

Some other scans of him fighting.

His training has been well developed.

Goku has been a martial artist all his life and that's the only thing he has known to do. Training and honing his skill when he was kid, to an adult.

Goku was trained by martial arts master, Master Roshi, Self-Taught himself, trained under Mr.Popo and Kami, and trained under King Kai.

Kid Goku almost had a tie with Master Roshi ("An Invincible martial arts Master")

Taught by Popo and Kami to fight with his senses, and feel the atmosphere.

http://imageshack.us/a/img710/2461/gokulightingfastcombats.jpg

Trained by King Kai

http://imageshack.us/a/img99/4759/gokutrainedbygod.jpg

Furthermore Goku fights martial arts through instinct and feels the life force(KI) of his opponent when he cannot see them, and feels the movement and anticipates the attacks of who he is fighting.

Feeling the air currents when he can't see, and determining Yakons moves.

http://imageshack.us/a/img507/4083/gokufightingyakon.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img839/4787/gokufightingyakon2.jpg

Nice. Superman has nothing to do with this, but I'm assuming you copy/pasted so it's all right :P

ximpossibrux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ximpossibrux

@nickzambuto: Yes, but with a couple things added. I have documents for Goku vs Superman, Goku vs Thor, Goku skill, power ect. that I can easily coopypasta from Word.

GTG12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By GTG12

Idk if he can win against wonder woman but he should be able to beat everyone else imo.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By renamed040924

@XImpossibruX said:

@nickzambuto: Yes, but with a couple things added. I have documents for Goku vs Superman, Goku vs Thor, Goku skill, power ect. that I can easily coopypasta from Word.

lol

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By renamed040924

I worked hard on this dammit.

Avatar image for imthedamnbatman
ImTheDamnBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ImTheDamnBatman

Clears all rather easily I'd say.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By renamed040924

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

For a guy who's name is "ImTheDamnBatman", you sure do underestimate him in a lot of threads.

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

@ImTheDamnBatman said:

Well, it's a well made tournament. He's good chances of clearing, but it won't be easy..

Imo cap should be in round 1/2

D3athstroke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By D3athstroke

Are you kidding me ? Fighting Skills are only thing that Goku has

He stomps them all together even with speed and strength equalized

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By renamed040924

Thoughts?

Avatar image for soothing_sounds
Soothing_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Soothing_Sounds

Round 1:

Goku clears except for maybe Batman, It's hard for me to recall exactly all of Goku's DB feats, which is where he used/ showed most of his Martial arts. After that it was more about utilizing power, speed, and ki. Plus, I believe (but not a hundred percent sure) that Goku only officially has Turtle form (or something like that), other things were slight pick ups and changes to that style, Batman knows many many more, and should honestly deal with him easily, but maybe it's just been too long since i've watched DB.

Round 2:

I think Goku gets through everyone besides WW, he could possibly deflect the shield with the stick, but a rope and gauntlets seem to be the natural opposite to a pole.

Round 3:

IDK, it's hard to say since i don't exactly know what you mean by stay on par with their power-level. But as long as he has enough to fly and shoot energy blast i think he can take it.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By solesamurai

Wonder Woman is really the only one can take majority over Goku here, Goku has 4 different masters so no he doesn't just use 1 martial art. And Batman can know a million martial arts, thats a bit more of a disadvantage if you think about it, since then he doesn't truly master any one martial art. So if a true blue master or Wing Chun or Kung Fu or something fought him he would lose, since they are masters and he is not. Bat man is skilled but not masterfully skilled as people try to make him out to be. He is outmatched skillwise by ALOT of people who know maybe 1-2 martial arts.

Hksaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Hksaru

Thing is that Goku kind of did what Batman has accomplished when he was just a kid, replacing indefatigable willpower with childish tenacity. Before he and Krillin even got to train with Master Roshi they had to surpass the ordinary limits of a human. What I mean by this statement is that it clearly sets Turtle Style apart from other martial arts. Quality over quantity I say.

Laurcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Laurcus

Well, I think Goku clears. Even if he limits his speed and power to that of his opponents, he still has insanely retarded reaction times. Like, massively FTL reaction times. So even if an opponent is a little more skilled than him, like possibly in the case of Wonder Woman, he would essentially have a ton of time to plan out his next move. It's not gonna be possible to catch him off guard.

Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mypasswordis1234

That's what I wanted to say too. Goku still has better reflex and ki sense. He would be untouchable.

Without these two advantage, I think Taskmaster would be an interesting opponent, but idk. In theory, he should be the best martial artist in the world, if he can learn so quickly. (Goku learn fast too, but I talk about in his comic world)

BlueComet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BlueComet

He'd have a little trouble against WW but I think he'll clear it all.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@solesamurai said:

Wonder Woman is really the only one can take majority over Goku here, Goku has 4 different masters so no he doesn't just use 1 martial art. And Batman can know a million martial arts, thats a bit more of a disadvantage if you think about it, since then he doesn't truly master any one martial art. So if a true blue master or Wing Chun or Kung Fu or something fought him he would lose, since they are masters and he is not. Bat man is skilled but not masterfully skilled as people try to make him out to be. He is outmatched skillwise by ALOT of people who know maybe 1-2 martial arts.

This is just all wrong. A Wing Chun master would beat him?. Batman has mastered at least 127 different types of martial arts (considering he ran through 127 for Cassandra Cain) and has been stated to have mastered virtually everyone, he doesn't just dabble. He also knows how to incapacitate someone 463 ways without drawing blood and knows every nerve strike. And to think he isn't master considering how skilled some of his rogues are when they are masters of martial arts I find ludicrous.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

I'm kind of curious as to what makes Goku better than Daredevil if stats are equalized? I'm not saying this in an attempt to downplay Goku, but while my DBZ knowledge is kind of hazy, I haven't seen anything here to suggest he gets past him.

Jayfournines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jayfournines

@solesamurai said:

I will let those MMA fighters know that the guys who mastered just Karate can beat them up in a fight.

MisterGuyMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MisterGuyMan

Goku would still have a huge advantage in reaction speed so he still clears everything. I think the only really troublesome ones are Cap and Wolverine. Goku might try to punch the shield or tan the adamantium claws and if he's at their level, that can hurt.

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Assuming all his stats are equal to their enemies, making this purely skill based:

Round 1: Stops at Batman I think, Daredevil might be difficult.

Round 2: Stops at Deathstroke.

Round 3: I don't see him taking Wolverine down, so stops at him.

solesamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By solesamurai

@god_spawn said:

@solesamurai said:

This is just all wrong. A Wing Chun master would beat him?. Batman has mastered at least 127 different types of martial arts (considering he ran through 127 for Cassandra Cain) and has been stated to have mastered virtually everyone, he doesn't just dabble. He also knows how to incapacitate someone 463 ways without drawing blood and knows every nerve strike. And to think he isn't master considering how skilled some of his rogues are when they are masters of martial arts I find ludicrous.

For starters, you didn't disprove anything and My post isn't wrong. A Master that specializes and is disciplined in 1 specific Martial art, has trained in it his whole life, and has even developed some of his own Techniques(which is really the mark of a true master)Would be considered more skilled than someone who has trained in however many batman has, I don't think you know what Mastering a craft truly is if you consider Batman a master of any of the martial arts he has trained in.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By god_spawn  Moderator

@solesamurai said:

@god_spawn said:

@solesamurai said:

For starters, you didn't disprove anything and My post isn't wrong. A Master that specializes and is disciplined in 1 specific Martial art, has trained in it his whole life, and has even developed some of his own Techniques(which is really the mark of a true master)Would be considered more skilled than someone who has trained in however many batman has, I don't think you know what Mastering a craft truly is if you consider Batman a master of any of the martial arts he has trained in.

Your point is wrong. This is a comicbook where he can and has mastered 127 styles. What you "truly" think it means has zero irrelevance when it is stated on panel.

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Subjective opinions being used as arguments. Nice.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#27  Edited By InnerVenom123
Avatar image for mypasswordis1234
mypasswordis1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mypasswordis1234

@god_spawn: He not just think, that's a fact, google it and you will see. You can earn 1 black belt, in karate if you very talented in 4 years. And that is still far from the "fully mastered". Batman learned 127 style in 15 years. That's stated officially he "mastered" those style, however that's stated too he is human, and for a human, it's impossible, especially because he learned other things too beside the martial arts(that's why he is smart detective). Someone who truly mastered a few style is better than someone who studied short time, but more, he couldn't use all of those style at once.

And Goku stops at Wolverine. His big deal is the adamantium and regeneration ability, Goku can't hurt him with his power.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By renamed040924

@god_spawn said:

I'm kind of curious as to what makes Goku better than Daredevil if stats are equalized? I'm not saying this in an attempt to downplay Goku, but while my DBZ knowledge is kind of hazy, I haven't seen anything here to suggest he gets past him.

He stalemated Master Roshi in pure hand to hand at age 12, going so far as to create an entirely new martial arts form in the spur of battle to combat Roshi's Drunken Fist Technique. Master Roshi being a centuries old "God of Fighting" who can paralyze a man with a tap and was one of the first humans to tap into ki power.

Goku has only gotten better with age, to the point where Master Roshi deadpans that the Saiyan has long surpassed him.

Tien Shinhan's intense meditation and mastery of martial arts has allowed him to ascend human limits and develop his third eye; Goku had no issues keeping up with him while still going through puberty.

Goku has humiliated Ninja Murisaki, stomped Krillin, and kicked Yamcha to the curb - all through sheer fighting prowess.

Piccolo outfought friggin God, yet Goku was still his superior in every way.

Additionally, Freeza was one of the greatest fighters in the universe, yet he couldn't even begin to keep pace with Goku. Even with the knowledge of every Z Fighter imbued into him, Goku included, Cell couldn't combat the Saiyan's tactical genius or natural instinct.

Techniques that take masters years just to understand, Goku can perfectly replicate just by seeing done.

Martial arts is his life; not saying he can beat Daredevil. I'm one of those guys that put horn-head above Batman, so it'd be a close fight.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

goku is recognised as one of the best H2H fictional character of all time. He wins all rounds. Taskmaster and Batman will be good opponents but i doubt they can beat Goku.

Avatar image for deactivated-63665f9fbd262
deactivated-63665f9fbd262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ah ? Was it only for selected persons ?

VenomousTaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Isn't this illegal? Mmmph, stops at Batman.

:-)

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#35 JediXMan  Moderator

@9876 said:

goku is recognised as one of the best H2H fictional character of all time. He wins all rounds. Taskmaster and Batman will be good opponents but i doubt they can beat Goku.

Don't bump banned threads.