• 93 results
#1 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Monsters, huh?

A NEW CHALLENGER HAS ARISEN.

-----------------------------------------

Something has been long asleep, resting beneath the earth. It can only be awoken by its powerful hunger, unequaled by any other creature. For this is the legendary Tarrasque, an ancient and eldritch beast who seeks not only to destroy, but to consume. It wakes up deep, deep beneath Tokyo, and the military is helpless to defeat it. Their only hope may be their greatest enemy -- the king of monsters, Godzilla.

---------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla

vs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarrasque_(Dungeons_%26_Dragons)

------------------------------------------------------------

- In character

- No prep or gear

- I realize that you need a Wish spell to kill the Tarrasque. I would consider taking him to -30 and keeping him down to be a victory for Godzilla -- if he can pull it off.

#2 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

Aw, come on guys, this is a good one.

#3 Posted by jeanroygrant (20191 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla.

#4 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

Despite that the Tarrasque is considered the most dangerous thing on D&D earth, next to demigods and great wyrms?

#5 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tarrasque.

#6 Posted by HolySerpent (12453 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Godzilla for his size and intelligence...

#7 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

The Tarrasque is immune to Godzillas fire breath and has a high healing factor. Within 6 minutes the Tarrsque can completely regrow lost limbs and can instantly reattach a severed limb by holding it in place. His carapace also has a chance to reflect Godzillas breath back on him. The Tarrasque has pretty bad critical hits as well.

#8 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor said:

The Tarrasque is immune to Godzillas fire breath and has a high healing factor. Within 6 minutes the Tarrsque can completely regrow lost limbs and can instantly reattach a severed limb by holding it in place. His carapace also has a chance to reflect Godzillas breath back on him. The Tarrasque has pretty bad critical hits as well.

Also an absurd amount of attacks. Bite, tail, claw, claw, horn, horn. And yeah, he regenerates 40 points per round.

And has immense damage reduction, since Godzilla's attacks aren't magical he'll have a hard time damaging Tasquey.

#9 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@mezlabor said:

Also an absurd amount of attacks. Bite, tail, claw, claw, horn, horn. And yeah, he regenerates 40 points per round.

And has immense damage reduction, since Godzilla's attacks aren't magical he'll have a hard time damaging Tasquey.

Which version of the tarrasque? 2, 3, 3.5, or 4?

#10 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor: 3.5, because 4 is dumb.

#11 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

I dont like it either. 3.5 forever! Well yea Tarrasque has a high DMG reduce too so Godzilla will have a hard hard time doing much damage to Tarrasques. Tarrasque wins because any Hurt Godzilla may be able to dish our tarrasque will just heal. In another matter I actually ran a tongue in cheek dnd campaign to beat a Tarrasque. Since its basically impossible to destroy it, the players had to find an Artifact I called the Deus Ex Machina to defeat it. Like I said it was tongue in cheek.

#12 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor said:

@Joygirl said:

I dont like it either. 3.5 forever! Well yea Tarrasque has a high DMG reduce too so Godzilla will have a hard hard time doing much damage to Tarrasques. Tarrasque wins because any Hurt Godzilla may be able to dish our tarrasque will just heal. In another matter I actually ran a tongue in cheek dnd campaign to beat a Tarrasque. Since its basically impossible to destroy it, the players had to find an Artifact I called the Deus Ex Machina to defeat it. Like I said it was tongue in cheek.

That sounds awesome. :D I'm running a thinly-veiled Batman campaign right now.

#13 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@mezlabor said:

@Joygirl said:

That sounds awesome. :D I'm running a thinly-veiled Batman campaign right now.

I would love to play in a batman based campaign. Low magic?

#14 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor: Nope, normal magic... but it's in a gritty urban environment, with the PC's working alongside the law to stop the ghoulish Mortician (Joker expy) under the watchful eye and helpful hand of The Cloaker (Batman expy). There is also a Gordon expy and Bullock expy at work in "Kaltham City" and in time I'll introduce mirror versions of more Bat-characters. :D

#15 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

D20 modern? Heros Unlimited?

#16 Posted by Wonderbrezzy (221 posts) - - Show Bio

godzilla

#17 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

I give this to 2nd Edition or 3.5 Tarrasque. 1st Edition and 4th Edition kinda suck.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#18 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor: No, it's in a normal fantasy realm. Just shares basic themes. :D It's fantasy Batman.

#19 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@mezlabor: No, it's in a normal fantasy realm. Just shares basic themes. :D It's fantasy Batman.

Ahh sounds like fun. Id probably go with a Superman style boyscout of a Paladin.

#20 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@mezlabor said:

@Joygirl said:

Ahh sounds like fun. Id probably go with a Superman style boyscout of a Paladin.

We've got a Rogue, Swashbuckler, and Paladin. Turning out well so far but it's new.

#21 Posted by mezlabor (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

@mezlabor said:

@Joygirl said:

We've got a Rogue, Swashbuckler, and Paladin. Turning out well so far but it's new.

Good luck with it it sounds fun!

#22 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Godzilla, and its atomic laser not fire

#23 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

Regardless of laser or fire, the carapace will deflect it. Godzilla will have to win with his karate.

#24 Posted by Alurvelve (3634 posts) - - Show Bio

Tarrasque wins. This thing is Godzilla on steroids.

#25 Posted by Soulstealer (825 posts) - - Show Bio

@Alurvelve said:

Tarrasque wins. This thing is Godzilla on steroids.

Magic Godzilla on steroids.

#26 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@jeanroygrant said:

Godzilla.

#27 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

Can Godzila roll a natural 20? :)

#28 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

@tomdickharry1984 said:

Can Godzila roll a natural 20? :)

i was wondering if Godzilla could do anything with his heat breath?

#29 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Does flipping a big ass monster to the sky or tanking a nuke help big G?

#30 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

^ Sure, they'll help. I made the battle because I thought it might be close. Though Tarrasque may well be able to tank a nuke as well.

#31 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on WHICH Godzilla, I assume you mean the latest and that's FW Godzilla. If so then he easily wins.

#32 Edited by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla FTW. His breath weapon is a focused radiation beam. It destroys EVERYTHING! Big G wins this, Big T is screwed...

#33 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

Carapace deflects all rays, lines, beams, and cones, without exception. Like I said, the breath weapon won't do it.

#34 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

Tell that to the multitude of JASDF vehicles/weapons and Kaiju that thought that THEY were invulnerable too. Point in case: Mechagodzilla II... BBQ'd! Ultra-Titanium with a Synthetic-Diamond coating, but once Godzilla busts out the "Spiral Ray"... nothin' but FLAMES!!! ;)

#35 Posted by kcaz (1371 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultraman Great!!!

#36 Posted by DeathsHead2 (1625 posts) - - Show Bio

??? Was talking about Mechagodzilla II's coverings, but I love the enthusiasm! :)

#37 Posted by comicdude23 (11399 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl: Lol, if you watch Final Wars you'll see that Godzilla flipped a 3 headed King Ghidorah above his shoulders and used his tail to take on 2 monsters......

#38 Posted by tomdickharry1984 (830 posts) - - Show Bio

From my limited DND knowlege, unless Godzila rolls lots of natural 20's...oh Tarrsque is immune to crits, breath weapons, EVERYTHING...Godzilla is dead!!!!

#39 Posted by Sega_Shaman (367 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla's probably immune to his own breath weapon, so the reflection chance from the Tarrasque's carapace might not matter. Heck, it might even help Godzilla since he sometimes absorbs radiation (depends what version). Meanwhile, nuclear radiation would count as what in D&D? Damage Constitution plus some Fire (for the radiation burns)? A spell or natural spell-like effect? Big T's immune to two of those examples, and resists the third. But since The Big G is radioactive (to the point where his entire body radiates energy, with varying repercussions), that would count as some kind of personal effect, maybe an aura or something like the fire elemental's burn ability? Then T's carapace wouldn't reflect that, but it's still going to recover from the effects pretty quickly.

I'd say Godzilla has some kinda of damage reduction like the Tarrasque, but the Tarrasque can probably overcome it with some of its natural attacks (even better in a full-attack action).

I'd say Big T wins through durability.

#40 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

@Sega_Shaman:

all versions absorbs radiation .....

Godzilla will win ....

#41 Posted by JediWaffles (746 posts) - - Show Bio

Tarrasque wins easily. Godzilla won't even get to the point where he deals damage faster than the Tarrasque heals it all back.

#42 Posted by UNIQUE69 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla

#43 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

Blamp.

#44 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP!

#45 Posted by GhostRider2 (3263 posts) - - Show Bio

Im going with Godzilla.......

Bump

#46 Posted by Joygirl (18441 posts) - - Show Bio

@GhostRider2: Why?

#47 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla. He's bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, and more powerful. The Tarrasque's only advantage is his regeneration.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#48 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2607 posts) - - Show Bio

OH NO! THEY SAY HE'S GOT TO GO!! GO GO GODZILLA!!!!

#49 Posted by dondave (34224 posts) - - Show Bio

Godzilla

#50 Posted by Floopay (8598 posts) - - Show Bio

@Smart_Dork_Dude:

I heart BOC.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay