Godzilla vs King Ghidora

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For the supposed "King of The Monsters", Godzilla doesn't have a very good track record against his arch enemy. To my understanding, not once has he ever defeated King Ghidora on his own, which I find very strange.

So my question is, in a composite universe between all movies, is Godzilla capable of defeating King Ghidora in a 1-on-1 fight in Tokyo?

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nickzambuto: composite godzilla is still grossly outmatched with composite king ghidorah if you include keiser ghidorah

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

One-on-one with no outside help/interference?

Ghidorah wins.

The only time Ghidorah truly couldn't take Godzilla was in GMK, but as both are composite, I will give Ghidorah the edge.

Fodder76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidora.
In B4 the Godzilla fanboys get here.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

3 heads are better than one. ;)

Avatar image for beware_my_power
Beware_My_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Two of those heads are arms... BUT HE HAS WINGS AND AN EXTRA TAIL... so I'll let this one sliiiiide...

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

Ghidorah wins.

The only time Ghidorah truly couldn't take Godzilla was in GMK, but as both are composite, I will give Ghidorah the edge.

There was also Godzilla vs King Ghidorah where this happened. I think it's the only other time where he's needed help to take on Godzilla.

No Caption Provided

Now as this is composite Ghidorah does that include the versions from the Mothra movies as well?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armiv2: ghidorah was beating godzilla up in that fight. it was only when futurian's computer was sabotaged by one of their own that their control on king ghidorah was lost. that resulted with king ghidorah weakening in that fight.

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Ghidorah often has help, same as Godzilla. In Godzilla vs King Ghidorah ('91) Ghidorah had the futurians and when he lost their direction he got wrecked. Likewise when they brought him back as Mecha-Ghidorah he was still getting beat up by Godzilla and they had to quickly BFR him. Hardly a victory.

In Final War Godzilla beat Monster X until Gigan joined the fray. He struggled against Kaizer Ghidorah but keep in mind he ran a gauntlet of every Toho monster and just fought two of his most powerful foes 2 v 1 before Ghidorah's transformation and Ghidorah healed himself through draining.

Then in Giant Monsters All-Out Attack Godzilla took down Mothra, Baragon, and Ghidorah 3v1.

Showa Godzilla has a bad track record. It took Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan to beat Ghidorah in his first appearance. Ghidorah was later beaten by just Godzilla and Rodan, then Ghidorah and Gigan lost to Godzilla and Angurius. Showa Godzilla was very weak, and was always promoting the kid-friendly idea of "teamwork" and standing up to bigger, stronger bullies. Godzilla often had help in many of the Showa films.

So overall it's arguable Ghidorah is often shown more powerful, but not enough to say he's another tier. Ghidorah often has help and direction, same as Godzilla. It's not inconceivable to see Godzilla beat Ghidorah 1v1 in his Heisei and Millennium incarnations. Showa shouldn't beat him 1v1 more often than not.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't feel comfortable with Ghidora being stronger than Godzilla. He's supposed to be the king, the ultimate Kaiju, utterly invincible, and unbeatable. The character of Godzilla is supposed to represent an unstoppable force of nature. I don't want Ghidora to be stronger!

Ghidorah often has help, same as Godzilla. In Godzilla vs King Ghidorah ('91) Ghidorah had the futurians and when he lost their direction he got wrecked. Likewise when they brought him back as Mecha-Ghidorah he was still getting beat up by Godzilla and they had to quickly BFR him. Hardly a victory.

In Final War Godzilla beat Monster X until Gigan joined the fray. He struggled against Kaizer Ghidorah but keep in mind he ran a gauntlet of every Toho monster and just fought two of his most powerful foes 2 v 1 before Ghidorah's transformation and Ghidorah healed himself through draining.

Then in Giant Monsters All-Out Attack Godzilla took down Mothra, Baragon, and Ghidorah 3v1.

Showa Godzilla has a bad track record. It took Godzilla, Mothra, and Rodan to beat Ghidorah in his first appearance. Ghidorah was later beaten by just Godzilla and Rodan, then Ghidorah and Gigan lost to Godzilla and Angurius. Showa Godzilla was very weak, and was always promoting the kid-friendly idea of "teamwork" and standing up to bigger, stronger bullies. Godzilla often had help in many of the Showa films.

So overall it's arguable Ghidorah is often shown more powerful, but not enough to say he's another tier. Ghidorah often has help and direction, same as Godzilla. It's not inconceivable to see Godzilla beat Ghidorah 1v1 in his Heisei and Millennium incarnations. Showa shouldn't beat him 1v1 more often than not.

Yeahhh now that's better.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ARMIV2

@kyrees: Hence his needing the help.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

Ghidora wins.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kyrees

@armiv2: as far as the movie shows, ghidorah wasn't getting any visible powerups from the futurians from that fight. they are merely controlling ghidorah.

renamed040924

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees said:

@nickzambuto: destoroyah would greatly disagree with you.

IIRC Destoroyah was created to be a Kaiju that could surpass Godzilla, so I'm kinda ok with it, but still I'd personally prefer to see Godzilla as the strongest.

WarlordEternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

@armiv2 said:

@warlordeternal said:

Ghidorah wins.

There was also Godzilla vs King Ghidorah where this happened. I think it's the only other time where he's needed help to take on Godzilla.

No Caption Provided

Now as this is composite Ghidorah does that include the versions from the Mothra movies as well?

Godzilla won due to the interference by the main characters. Ghidorah actually held an advantage at the start and nearly killed Godzilla, but stopped because the heroes destroyed the device which allowed the futurians to control Ghidorah. After the device was destroyed it left Ghidorah dazed and weakened.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#18 frozen  Moderator

@nickzambuto: Um, Godzilla flat out destroyed him in the 1991 movie.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen: if one of the futurians didn't betray her fellowmen, godzilla would have been dead.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Showa Ghidorah </= Showa GZ and Rodan

Showa Ghidorah <<<<<6-7 kaiju at once

Hessai Ghidorah < nuclear sub GZ pre-powerup

GMKG Ghidorah < ghost Godzilla

Kaiser Ghidorah < Kaiser FW Godzilla

Burning Godzilla >>> everything

Thusly, we can say composite GZ beats composite Ghidorah from his own series.

However, if we include the Rebirth of Mothra series then Grand King Ghidorah stomps with ease.

ghostrider2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is only one king.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By thelocust619

@nickzambuto: If we look at it chronologically, Ghidorah beats Showa GZ by being physically stronger than him. His beams are weaker than GZ's at this point.

When Godzilla is reborn bigger and stronger by the nuclear sub, he has no trouble with King Ghidorah for the rest of the series.

Kaiser Ghidorah wasn't even King Ghidorah, but if we include him then we would include Kaiser GZ to make it fair, but regardless Burning Godzilla stomps anyway.

So without including the RoM franchise, Ghidorah loses here. He was only the strongest enemy in the Showa years when I was a kid. Mechagodzilla took that crown years ago, being the final villain of the Showa and Millennium series (if we count FW separately).

This is similar to Rodan being the "fastest kaiju" back when mach 1 was impressive....but even after upgrading his speed to mach 3 he's still slower than the likes of Mothra or Megaguirus, who can move at mach 15. Reputations change with time...but hope that clears this up

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kyrees

@thelocust619: keiser FW godzilla is inadmissible due to his power came from ozaki whereas keiser ghidorah came from monster x's transformation.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By thelocust619

AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PEOPLE, FORGET ABOUT KAISER KG!!!! THAT THING IS GARBAGE: ENTER GHIDORAH'S STRONGEST FORM!!

<Grand King Ghidorah>

-Grand King Ghidorah flies at the speed of mach 3.

-Grand King Ghidorah releases hurricane winds from his wings.

-Like King Ghidorah, Grand King Ghidorah can also fire Lightning Beams and Gravity Beams from the mouths of all 3 of his heads.

-Grand King Ghidorah is able to fly even with the loss of one of his wings using a zero gravity field.

-Grand King Ghidorah's scales can manipulate the light from projectiles to form a protective barrier.

-Grand King Ghidorah can shoot six bolts of electricity from each of his wings.

-Grand King Ghidorah is able to create a dome that allows objects to pass through, yet has a corrosive effect when they try to leave. The dome's exterior is laced with tentacles.

-Grand King Ghidorah can teleport smaller beings inside the dome.

-Grand King Ghidorah is able to travel in space by encasing himself within a meteor using the extracted life essences he consumes.

-Grand King Ghidorah can install a weak mind control.

-Grand King Ghidorah could regenerate severed body parts in his weaker creatacious form.

-Cretacious King Ghidorah killed and absorbed the life energy of the dinosaurs and 99% of life on the planet. It literally WAS the KT extinction.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By thelocust619

@kyrees: @thelocust619: keiser FW godzilla is inadmissible due to his power came from ozaki whereas keiser ghidorah came from monster x's transformation.

IIRC, while Godzilla received his Kaiser power from Ozaki, did Kaiser Ghidorah not receive his power from Asian Sylar? I mean....alien prince guy? The only other kaiser in the movie? Who actively controlled Kaiser Ghidorah and summoned him in the first place? It was his own personal monster and final weapon. Also the Kaiser power comes from the alien race's blood, it makes no sense for a kaiju that's clearly a completely different species to have that amp naturally.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By kyrees

@thelocust619: monster x never had a powerup from the xilliens. the last xillien controller was not able to send his power to monster x. all the xilliens did was summon him from space and monster x did everything else. monster x was their last weapon under their control. it's also worth to notice that none of the monsters under their control grew more powerful, save for gigan because he's a cyborg kaiju and his parts can be retrofitted with other weapons.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By thelocust619

@kyrees: none of the other monsters were the xillian's personal pet, though...and why would they amp KG after he's already in kaiser mode?

Basically, "Kaiser" is unique to xillians. For Kaiser Ghidorah to even be Kaiser at all, he needs to be lent that power from a xillian. Unless KG is made of xillians, which to my knowledge it is not. Its just a monster. To become "Kaiser" it must be amped by a Kaiser or simply be a xillian with the 1/1000000 odds of having that genetic mutation. This was explained in the movie

In the whole film there were only two Kaisers.

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kyrees

@thelocust619: except keiser cells are only found on people who have m-base and human dna combined. all the monsters in FW except for mothra and godzilla have m-base which allows the xillians to control them. monster x doesn't have any stated origin nor do the xillians state they tampered with him, giving him keiser cells or human dna. ozaki was keizer because he had m-base and human dna. that xillian controller also has human dna in him as well.

it's ironic they named monster x's second form as keizer ghidorah despite having no evidence that he was a keiser.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By thelocust619

@kyrees: The xillian prince also had human DNA? I though he was pure.... I'll have to check but u could be right, I do remember the bit about the m-base. I was always under the impression that KG was amped up a while ago (as he was the xillian's best monster and ultimate weapon far prior to the story) and GZ only got amped when ozaki decided to/realized he could/got a chance (sorta all happened at once lol)

Funny thing is, amped Godzilla ended up simply using a regular red spiral, so the amp itself was kinda meh seeming at best (the infinite symbol on their HUD could gave just been the detector reaching its limit, as calculating infinity as a numberical value is physically impossible) considering he could do that anyway... n there's about a half dozen examples of GZ being drained n somehow becoming more powerful than before anyway.

Thusly, there's two explainations: either Kaiser Ghidorah was amped prior n was defeated when GZ got amped as well, or Kaiser Ghidirah was named so as he belonged to a Kaiser Prince, and GZ's Kaiser boost was only temporary (and likely expended in one blast)

Regardless, nothing but the infinity symbol puts any of this kaiser business above Burning Godzilla, who could one-shot cities and bore through the planet

Avatar image for deactivated-5dace575ce059
deactivated-5dace575ce059

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ghidorah wins.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thelocust619

@killerwasp: except....for every encounter after the Showa era (excluding FW) and only if we ignore Godzilla's rebirth via nuclear sub and subsequent power up from Rodan.... but sure, let's play pretend lmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By thelocust619

@killerwasp: prove me wrong :)

Cuz saying that because Showa Ghidorah > Showa Godzilla means all ghidorahs > all Godzillas won't work....especially considering that Showa GZ was the weakest of all Godzillas.....lol ur right, it is pretty funny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Can't really prove you wrong, because its like trying to say how Darth Maul lost to obi its for the plot of the movie. However, what Ghidorah's uses and has available to him should of been enough for godzilla, i mean you already listed what he can do, however i don't believe the host asked what Ghidorah could do at his most powerful form, and ofc this applies for Godzilla. They are rivals anyway and granted if Ghidorah would of won he would basically be unstoppable at the time, so the movies wouldnt keep though unless we bred another godzilla and stuff. nice ABC logic there sport :)

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thelocust619

@killerwasp: That's not ABC logic....ABC logic is saying character C can beat character A because C>B>A. That's not what I did at all....sport.

I pointed out what Grand King Ghidorah could do, not King Ghidorah. In fact, GKD doesn't even exist in Godzilla's universe(s)....so if you based your opinion on that, then yes Ghidorah wins. However, I only brought it up because people kept claiming Kaiser Ghidorah to be the strongest.... this isn't true, Grand King Ghidorah is. However, I see King Ghidorah in the OP, not any other variation (this includes Kaiser Ghidorah, who I didn't argue because he's actually IN the Godzilla series)

See, by feats, Ghidorah from the Godzilla Universe(s) gets his heads blown off by pre-upgrade hessai Godzilla's blue beam....he has no feats saying he'd survive even a single red spiral. In fact, at his best, he couldn't even take a Red Spiral lol so yea....he dies.

The King Ghidorah you are trying to argue is a 50,000 ton (max...meaning current GZ outweighed him since GZ vs KG) beast that is only physically superior to Showa and very early Hessai Godzilla, with far weaker beams (that he spams cuz its basically his only move, excluding his meh super blast from GMK:GMAAA and lightning bite, which is useless for obvious reasons). None of those bells and whistles from Grand King Ghidorah (who is from Mothra's series)....at best he has an energy drain ability from Kaiser Ghidorah that cant even handle the energy of GZ prepping for a Red Spiral, so yea....

And again....KG was only his strongest enemy in early to mid Showa years. Just how Rodan is only the fastest kaiju in the Showa Era only.....so to say "rival" as of current is just a bit much (especially when Mechagodzilla is tied as far as appearances and faaaaar surpasses KG for damage caused to Godzilla) Your information is outdated, is all. It happens....its like trying to say Doomsday will always beat superman because Superman can only jump tall buildings....Godzilla grew a lot since those days, n his output is FAR higher than King Ghidorah has been shown to handle

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By thelocust619

^that said, I do love KG n I'd LOVE to see him brought back and done right....but as of now, he's obsolete :(

(Actually what I really wanna see is the 8 headed Ghidorah referenced in Godzilla, Mothra, and King Ghidorah....that'd be sick)