- Aquaman has trident

- Godzilla is IDW version

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is aquaman allowed to use marine life? Can he summon Topo for example?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@bump1010 said:

Is aquaman allowed to use marine life? Can he summon Topo for example?

Yes.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait and see more comments before I say anything. I think this is interesting.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thelocust619

@bump1010: ....does it matter? Lol

Anyway, how's Aquaman handle a nuke?

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IIRC, Godzilla is a walking nuke that can poison the seas by radiation by just being there.

Stormdriven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I suppose if Aquadude manages to get up to Godzilla's face and shove the trident into his eye, he could win.

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Godzilla is still sea life, right? Couldn't Aquaman use his telepathy on him?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla is still sea life, right? Couldn't Aquaman use his telepathy on him?

Godzilla resisted TP before.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bump1010

@bump1010: ....does it matter? Lol

Anyway, how's Aquaman handle a nuke?

Topo is pretty massive. I don't know if he is as big as godzilla but he is big.

Here is a size comparison so people can judge.
Here is a size comparison so people can judge.

Aquaman tanked a continent buster. If you mean how he deals with radiation I am unaware of any specific weaknesses to radiation.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thelocust619

@bump1010: He's pretty big. But pretty big things have died from getting nuke breathed. Radiation doesn't require a specific weakness to be effective. It requires specific resistance to be...resisted. Lol.

But I don't just mean the radiation. I mean the heat and force of a nuke, focused into a beam. Because that is what Godzilla will be spamming, or the 360 degree Nuclear Pulse (which renders most sea life sorta useless here). The easiest way to determine if they can tank more than blast is to ask whether they can tank a nuke, which is more or less the same thing.

If aquaman tanked a continent buster, though, then he can handle a nuke blast or two to the face. If I'm not mistaken, though, this Godzilla resisted the pull of an artificial pseudo-black hole/portal by...walking away (as it overpowered and engulfed a bunch of other high tier monsters)...so AM still has his hands full lol. What's the specifics on this continent buster he took, exactly? That sounds impressive

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Godzilla, unless somehow Aquaman can stab him in the eye before being hit with atomic breath.

bump1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010: He's pretty big. But pretty big things have died from getting nuke breathed. Radiation doesn't require a specific weakness to be effective. It requires specific resistance to be...resisted. Lol.

But I don't just mean the radiation. I mean the heat and force of a nuke, focused into a beam. Because that is what Godzilla will be spamming, or the 360 degree Nuclear Pulse (which renders most sea life sorta useless here). The easiest way to determine if they can tank more than blast is to ask whether they can tank a nuke, which is more or less the same thing.

If aquaman tanked a continent buster, though, then he can handle a nuke blast or two to the face. If I'm not mistaken, though, this Godzilla resisted the pull of an artificial pseudo-black hole/portal by...walking away (as it overpowered and engulfed a bunch of other high tier monsters)...so AM has his hands full lol. What's the specifics on this continent buster he took, exactly?

The dead kings trident. It was a magical attack I believe. I don't have too much info so lets hope an aquaman expert can chime in.

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla accidentally eats him

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ComicStooge

@thelocust619 said:

If aquaman tanked a continent buster, though, then he can handle a nuke blast or two to the face. If I'm not mistaken, though, this Godzilla resisted the pull of an artificial pseudo-black hole/portal by...walking away (as it overpowered and engulfed a bunch of other high tier monsters)...so AM still has his hands full lol. What's the specifics on this continent buster he took, exactly? That sounds impressive

Wrong version.

EDIT: My mistake, you're correct.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla. even if Aquaman can land a critical blow in his eyes with the Trident, Godzilla still has a powerful healing factor. Plus I remember reading the IDW version survived black holes (correct me if I'm wrong). I know for a fact Godzilla has beaten Kaiju much stronger than Topo.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Godzilla. even if Aquaman can land a critical blow in his eyes with the Trident, Godzilla still has a powerful healing factor. Plus I remember reading the IDW version survived black holes (correct me if I'm wrong). I know for a fact Godzilla has beaten Kaiju much stronger than Topo.

Could he handle Topo while fighting Aquaman?

NotATreeABush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla wins with easy

Avatar image for earthsmightiest
EarthsMightiest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to go with the King of the Monsters.

OverLordArthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By OverLordArthas

@comicstooge:

How does AM fare if the water around him is polluted?

Baztet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bump1010 said:

I'll wait and see more comments before I say anything. I think this is interesting.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman tanked point blank radiation blasts to the face from Neutron, the Superman villain (who is a being of pure nuclear energy, a walking atomic bomb according to his page here on Comicvine) in the latest JL arc (the one with the Amazo virus).

So radiation is a non factor for Aquaman, and he should be able to tank both the heat and the force of the blast (at least a number of blasts).

The Trident can pierce Godzilla and Aquaman is more than fast enough to leap on his head and try to stab Godzilla. Using his telepathy he can also pinpoint where his brain (or brains depending on the version of Godzilla) is, like he did against another huge monster / Kaiju the Karaqan.

Don't know who wins, but Aquaman has a way to take this if he is serious.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By ComicStooge

Aquaman tanked point blank radiation blasts to the face from Neutron, the Superman villain (who is a being of pure nuclear energy, a walking atomic bomb according to his page here on Comicvine) in the latest JL arc (the one with the Amazo virus).

So radiation is a non factor for Aquaman, and he should be able to tank both the heat and the force of the blast (at least a number of blasts).

The Trident can pierce Godzilla and Aquaman is more than fast enough to leap on his head and try to stab Godzilla. Using his telepathy he can also pinpoint where his brain (or brains depending on the version of Godzilla) is, like he did against another huge monster / Kaiju the Karaqan.

Don't know who wins, but Aquaman has a way to take this if he is serious.

Thanks for the input, dude :)

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd also argue Arthur can contend strengthwise with Godzilla and his punches could do damage, but I'll leave it to you guys.

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Topo do anything beside being a giant? Because if he can't, this is all a moo point. Its a cows opinion... doesn't matter.

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

G

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna side with Godzilla.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna side with Godzilla.

Any reason?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just for comparison here's Aquaman vs Karaqan, a huge Kaiju

In the first scan he leaps to the head of the Kaiju after being stepped on, in the second he brakes the missile proof carapace of the Kaiju with the Trident and in the third he locates where the brain is via telepathy and takes it down.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicfan11: How big a majority do you think Arthur will get?

comicfan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: I don't even know if AQ gets a majority.If he does I'd say smthing like 6,5-7/10.

He can summon stuff to distract G and then try to take him out via leaping and stabbing.

It all comes down to this, if G is threatening lives, AQ will not hold back and try to kill him. in which case I think he can take 6,5-7/10.

It's practically the same story with the Karaqan.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is basically the same as Aquaman vs the Karaqan. Though I don't favor his chances too high.

Avatar image for marcus_halberstram
Marcus_Halberstram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By thelocust619

@comicfan11: did the Karaqan resist the pull of a low level pseudo black hole? Or have the attack power to overpower a force field fueled by a black hole? No? Then....this isn't the same at all. Godzilla is far tougher.

Save for nuke pulse, he prob won't tag aquaman but Aquaman can't exactly one-shot this one. He can't even cause real damage without literally burrowing inside him (good luck, with the regen). Godzilla's brain isn't literally right under the skin, as that thing's apparently was. That was a bad comparison, being the biology isn't even remotely similar. It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to defeat godzilla with a man(-sized opponent) simply leaping and stabbing with such a small weapon lol. Not with that regen.

I'm thinking stalemate for now. AM will survive the pulses he gets hit by for a little while, but he can't do anything here with the feats provided....which, btw, are small continent LEVEL feats at best, not busting. Nothing was busted. Atlantis was shattered and sank, still remarkably intact.

Inevitably, though, if a winner MUST be chosen, Godzilla is the only option.

Avatar image for the_judge_since_83
The_Judge_since_83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have to say this one's a draw, I neither think Aquaman could truly defeat Godzilla by himself (harm and even deter him sure but not defeat) and I don't believe Godzilla could take out a target as small and quick as Aquaman (well he could but I don't think he'll hit often enough to do so). Ultimately I think this fight would just go until one of them got bored and left, I don't see their being a death in this battle as each combatant is able to withstand attacks from each other or avoid them altogether, and each heals rapidly, hell I don't even see this fight leaving the water since that's where it starts and they're both at home there. I'd say if either of them were to be able to kill the other one it's going to be due to the other one making a mistake, in which case I'd say it's 50/50 on winner, or quitter as I see it more likely panning out.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@monsterstomp said:

Can Topo do anything beside being a giant? Because if he can't, this is all a moo point. Its a cows opinion... doesn't matter.

Topo crushed multiple submarines in his tentacles and took a torpedo to the face without even blinking.

There is a scan of Godzilla holding half a submarine in his hand and dragging it. It covers half his body. Topo was holding half a submarine up next to his eye and it was roughly the same size. Topo is as big or bigger than the entire city of Atlantis

I wouldn't say Topo could solo him, just because he lacks showings, but there's no way he's a non-factor should Aquaman need his help. Which I doubt he would. Godzilla isn't used to fighting smaller opponents and certainly nothing as small and powerful and fast as Aquaman. Remember, the battle starts underwater.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

Could he handle Topo while fighting Aquaman?

I think so. He's fought multiple Kaiju at the same time all varying in size, speed, strength, flight and has survived and even triumphed in said situations. Really the main thing Aquaman has going for him is his size. But even with the size advantage Godzilla is no stranger to landing pinpoint attacks on smaller (in comparison) objects and attacking smaller damage points on monsters.

Noone301994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Probably because I know very little about Aquaman. But then again I don't recall him doing anything on a city busting level and higher; however, I could be persuaded since I know jack about him.

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I could see this going either way. Part of me really wants to say Aquaman takes this though.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Probably because I know very little about Aquaman. But then again I don't recall him doing anything on a city busting level and higher; however, I could be persuaded since I know jack about him.

He tanked a continent busting attack, can lift hundreds of thousands of tons and turn hurt the likes of Wonder Woman and even Superman with his strikes. Using his Trident, he can even stab Darkseid.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Is that New-52 Aquaman? Because I don't recall him being that strong?

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Savageslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Godzilla. In the new movie nothing the US was throwing at him even effected him. As far as topo is concerned he might become a victim of blunt force trauma in the form of Godzilla's mightiest weapon, his massive tail.

clAssymErc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: Okay, well I don't know enough about IDW Godzilla to make an argument.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

zill0678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla easly. There is nothing in or any amount of sea creatures that can effect of fight Godzilla so that power is useless. Godzilla displays high TP resistance and TP backlash as a last resort. So that's out. AM has to fight him and it's plain an simple he can't do any damage from outside Godzilla body and going inside him is suicide. Godzilla has many ways to kill AM though. Crush him, smash him, bite him in two, vaporize him.

Avatar image for wolverineistoaa
WolverineIsTOAA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman throws a rock at Goliath and he dies in agony.

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla