• 71 results
TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

Jumping on the obvious bandwagon of new Godzilla topics, who would win in a fight between 2014 Godzilla and a squadron of Cloverfield monsters?

The King of Monsters
The King of Monsters

Vs

The raging baby
The raging baby

RULES

Battle takes place in New York, evacutated.

Monsters begin on opposite sides of New York and immediately begin moving into the city towards each other.

Both are bloodlusted.

Only the movie for Cloverfield is cannon.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Cjdavis103

@theirishdoctor: seriously? Zila could give Cloverfield a run for it's money Godzilla. Hard

I foresee a one sided A$$ kicking given to Cloverfield by the king of monsters

All hail the motherf%#king KING

Rebel_Leader1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Rebel_Leader1
No Caption Provided

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4 the_stegman  Moderator

Zilla would beat Clover. Godzilla murders it.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Full disclosure, I've never seen Cloverfield. I did a bit of quick research on the monster, and heard that it was 350 feet tall and tanked a nuke. I figured that would be decent. How about upping the stakes then? 10 Cloverfield monsters?

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: clover didn't tank a nuke and died after subsequent bombings as confirmed by its director.

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor:

Godzilla is 300 METERS tall

For those of you Bad that conversion that's about 984 feet tall he can literally step on Cloverfield

10 of them will take a bit out of Godzilla but he'll come through

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theirishdoctor: it didn't tank a nuke it died for repeated carpet bombings

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Godzilla stomps

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kyrees: Are you sure I watch the movie today and I could've sworn I heard 300 meters though that could be the length not the Height

kyrees

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kyrees

@cjdavis103: his height is 106 meters. it wouldn't be possible that his tail is 2x times longer than his height.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheIrishDoctor

Well then what I read was a load of hoo-haw. So, I'll adjust then. Where were people getting "he tanked a nuke" from?

Devil_Driver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a reason Godzilla is called The King of Monsters, this is nothing he hasn't faced and beaten easily enough.

Loading Video...

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then what I read was a load of hoo-haw. So, I'll adjust then. Where were people getting "he tanked a nuke" from?

godzilla? because they nuked him and later on in the movie it said it didn't work. he just fed off the radiation. they were going to try the same thing again, hoping the force would kill, probably wouldnt have.

Awesomedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still Goji.

TheIrishDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd said:

@theirishdoctor said:

godzilla? because they nuked him and later on in the movie it said it didn't work. he just fed off the radiation. they were going to try the same thing again, hoping the force would kill, probably wouldnt have.

No, I mean Cloverfield. I've never seen the movie, but I read several people saying he tanked a nuke, hence why I figured this would be a decent fight.

Godzilla I know can tank a nuke. If he can't tank a nuke, he's not Godzilla.

Eisenfauste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Eisenfauste

Godzilla, those things have a much lower durability than him and he could use, spoiler****nuclear breath to his advantage.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By w0nd

@theirishdoctor said:

@w0nd said:

@theirishdoctor said:

No, I mean Cloverfield. I've never seen the movie, but I read several people saying he tanked a nuke, hence why I figured this would be a decent fight.

Godzilla I know can tank a nuke. If he can't tank a nuke, he's not Godzilla.

oh at the end of the movie there was some hidden audio people found that said "it's still alive"

also no idea how durable it is because he didn't fight anyone at all, the whole movie was just him trashing the city

Chichen_Nuggeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla eat babby Manster.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As per word of Abrams, the Cloverfield Monster died of it's injuries later.

Godzilla's going to have a full belly tonight.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By thelocust619

2014 Godzilla does not have the stamina to fight 10 Clovers. That thing was a weak embarrassment that met the bare minimum criteria of being called Godzilla and nothing else. It got rocked in the face by a monster less than half his size that was killed by getting *okay, this part was pretty awesome LOOKING, but pathetic as a Godzilla feat...as in Final Wars version of 1998 Zilla is more durable than that MUTO*

This Godzilla gets tired and falls asleep after two Clovers at best (if that....Butterballzilla needed to be saved at one point from 1 and a half MUTOs, no way he can handle 10 of basically the same friggin thing) and they just beat his face in with their retard hands.

God damn it I'm so PISSED!! This movie F$&%ING SUCKED!! I can count 4 small things I liked in the whole 2 hours.

Avatar image for comicsrulebutdbzdoes2
ComicsrulebutDBZdoes2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cjdavis103: 300 metres = 984? Pretty sure it = 1000 foot

300 metres x 100= 30,000cm

Cjdavis103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicsrulebutdbzdoes2: I was wrong but not on my math 1 m is 3.28 feet round that to 3.3 then multiply by 300 and it comes out to the total I gave

I was wrong because I misheard the movie he is 300 feet

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By those_eyes

@thelocust619 said:

2014 Godzilla does not have the stamina to fight 10 Clovers. That thing was a weak embarrassment that met the bare minimum criteria of being called Godzilla and nothing else. It got rocked in the face by a monster less than half his size that was killed by getting *okay, this part was pretty awesome LOOKING, but pathetic as a Godzilla feat...as in Final Wars version of 1998 Zilla is more durable than that MUTO*

This Godzilla gets tired and falls asleep after two Clovers at best (if that....Butterballzilla needed to be saved at one point from 1 and a half MUTOs, no way he can handle 10 of basically the same friggin thing) and they just beat his face in with their retard hands.

God damn it I'm so PISSED!! This movie F$&%ING SUCKED!! I can count 4 small things I liked in the whole 2 hours.

Not gonna lie, what you said is legit. That's one of the problems I had with the movie. Godzilla was slow as fuq and had the stamina of a firecracker. He shined bright for a few seconds and fizzles out fast as sh!t.

I legit facepalmed when he fell over from the building landing on him. I was like wtf. He can tank a nuke but after 5 minutes of fighting he is so tired that a building gives him a run for his money.

I still think he wasn't fat though. He was bulky and muscular like a bear. You guys wanted a huge and intimidating Godzilla but yet you guys say he was fat. Lol

So yae godzillas speed and stamina were dog crap but his strength was decent.

When he grabbed the female muto by the throat and started truckin I was like oh shiiiiiiiii.

If they wanted to capture Godzilla getting tired without nurfing him. They should have gave him more monsters to fight thus making him fight much longer which then makes him tired instead of fighting only 2 for 5 minutes.

For me the movie didn't suck it was actually one of the best movies I've ever seen but Godzilla was too nurfed in some aspects for my taste.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: That fight lasted an hour minimum in movie time going by the nuke timer.

In addition, going by Toho Kingdom, he's already being rated quite highly among the Kaiju, having already been agreed to be able to crush a properly massed up Otachi and Leatherback.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=19189&sid=0e9f3bb022e274210895b12d8f388f97

I'd really just ignore Locust.

In any case, even male Muto dramatically outmasses Clover and is certainly a hell of a better fighter, while Female muto is more massive than all ten Clovers put together.

In spite of Femuto being this big, when Godzilla started pushing her; there was literally nothing she could do to get him to stop until her mate distracted Godzilla.

Whenever Godzilla isolated the Mutos, he was pounding on them like they were redheaded stepchildren, and overpowered Femuto's Jaw Strength with his bare hands like her bite force was never there.

Furthermore; Godzilla was never even seriously hurt or threatened by the Mutos. They never once broke his skin or did more than knock him around.

Each Clover goes down in maybe one or two hits, or he kills them all with a breath sweep.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: I'm pretty sure you're the one who can be ignored lol comparing Toho monsters to Pacific Rim creatures is retarded, they're not even remotely in the same league lol

Also, what movie were you watching? He was never seriously threatened? He was pinned down completely helpless by two monsters smaller than him, one of which significantly so (and with building level durability lmao). The only reason he was able to recover was because BOTH mutos literally turned and ran to check out their nest. In fact he only beat them 1v1, he outright lost 2v1.

If the male Mutos can punch Godzilla's head into the dirt and hurt him, then so can a Clover. The thing was a third of his size....and you can't even say Godzilla wasn't hurt because he friggin passed out on the spot then dragged himself to the ocean like a shmuck. It was pretty pathetic.

This Godzilla, while stronger (than creatures smaller than him, at least), is not fending off attacks from 10 different monsters at once. He's gonna get beat up. There is no other outcome.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: as a monster movie it definitely wasn't bad, but as a Godzilla movie it just barely met the minimal criteria and butchered the rest. Kickass was the wrong guy to carry the plot, to me he seemed as unemotional as Tobey Maguire's Spiderman, and honestly the MUTOs shouldn't have even been in it, they were completely stupid. The plot was ridiculous...after the hype dies down this movie will probably simply be forgotten.

For the fatness, refer to Godzilla's final roar. Look at that and imagine a butterball turkey. That's what I did n now I can't get it out of my head lmao

But again, it stands above 99% of generic monster flicks, but as a Godzilla movie....the only thing I can say is "well, its not the '98 version..."

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: The Mutos are considerably denser and stronger than anything seen out of Clover, who was ultimately brought down by conventional weaponry. He's not withstanding the atomic breath at all. Each hit is going to cave in Clover's skeleton, rupture flesh, and break organs. A tail sweep would swat them aside like bowling pins and this Godzilla is easily the most aggressive and savage fighter yet. Whereas most other Godzillas grappled or beam spammed; this one clawed and bit and viscerally dismembered his opponents. (Also Toho Kingdom believes that such powerful incarnations of Godzilla as GMK Goji would get the crap kicked out of them by the Mutos.)

In addition, Godzilla's tail would have to be supersonic to cross the distance it did in as little time as it did. Given that this godzilla can be conservatively estimated at 80000 metric tonnes; this much impact force would strike harder than clover's entire body. It'd be like shoving the Charles De Gaulle aircraft carrier in your face at mach speeds. As for the building piercing it; wood can go through a tank if you drive it hard enough, and being slammed into a building by tens of thousands of force fits the bill.

Male muto put up an amazing fight, having better tanking ability than many incarnations of Mothra and even Megaguirus, and was furthermore an extremely skilled and agile flier who demonstrates superior flying ability to most Toho Kaiju, with only the likes of Hyperspeed Megaguirus or Final Wars Rodan surpassing it.

Nothing Clover showed besides a single leaping feat suggests that Clover is particularly strong, and it's movements were extremely awkward and clumsy, more randomly flailing around while confused as hell then moving with any sort of purpose or intent. Heck, Clover's parasites were more threatening than Clover itself.

Male Muto is easily as big as clover if not bigger, much heavier, and far stronger. I'd give Male muto the edge over multiple clovers, as it can simply swoop in; pluck them into the air, and drop them to the ground to their deaths. Or perhaps just dive bomb them and one shot each of them; crushing their bodies beneath it's impact force.

Femuto would outweigh literally all the cloverfield monsters here and would kill them with only somewhat more difficulty than Godzilla would.

As for the fight; Godzilla was never actually hurt. At no point was his skin broken, did he show any serious signs of pain, or was he more than inconvenienced. The instant the pressure was taken off; he got right back up and slaughtered both of them. Even dropping multiple times his own weight in building only kept him down for a brief moment before he got up and ripped apart Femuto's jaw to give her a gutful of atomic fire.

He's more than a monster, he's a God.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By thelocust619

@guardian_of_gravity: lol "he's more than a monster...he's a god" is opinion, let's use facts. Gods don't pass out after beating up two creatures significantly smaller than itself. He's just an animal, as they said. So...no.

Why are you expecting Godzilla's skin to break from a blunt attack? Stop saying that, it has nothing to do with anything lmao

And no, the instant the pressure was taken off he did not get up. What movie did u watch, man, I wanna see it! The one I saw, the Female MUTO ran off first and THE SMALLER MALE MUTO KEPT GODZILLA PINNED DOWN BY ITSELF. Then it ran off too and Godzilla stumbled to his stupid elephant feet. So again....this is pathetic.

And Clover resisted modern weaponry as well. They had to obliterate ALL of Manhattan to kill it. The Mutos in that regard did nothing Clover couldn't. They waded through buildings and resisted missiles. They suck.

Godzilla's tail was stopped by a building. Lol.

So let's recap.... Godzilla was pinned by a creature about the size of a Clover, but with building level durability. He could only beat it 1v1. Now there's 10. With Manhatten level durability. What point are you trying to make lmao

Hellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: He wasn't a god in this movie - simply a predator protecting it's territory - in this case the entire planet. Though that scientist with a crush on him did tend to exaggerate Godzilla's role in nature. A millions of years old alpha predator.

@thelocust619: It seemed like the monster fights actually went on for a couple hours off screen (assuming Muto didn't fly away again). Though it seems this version of Godzilla runs out of juice whenever he uses his breath - namely why he naps after each use. He still has beastly durability given repeated nukes in the 50s did nothing to hurt him.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: Male muto put up an amazing fight, having better tanking ability than many incarnations of Mothra and even Megaguirus

Also, that sentence just completely destroyed any credibility you had in this discussion. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about, at all. Megaguirus was hypersonic and could tank a far higher level breath, and was able to put a far superior Godzilla on the defensive. It came out of a pseudo black hole lmao. And Mothra can outright kill even more superior Godzillas at her best.

You're just not making sense anymore. I think were done.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla

nimrods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cloverfield wins. He was molded by the pressure of the deep ocean.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hellos: tanking even small nukes is serious business, but getting beat up by critters far smaller than yourself kinda negates that. The physical blows had an obvious visual impact that can't be denied, and thusly could be replicated by creatures of similar size and strength with even higher durability. This Godzilla also clearly showed it cannot handle multiple opponents at once.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: as a monster movie it definitely wasn't bad, but as a Godzilla movie it just barely met the minimal criteria and butcheredImo it the rest. Kickass was the wrong guy to carry the plot, to me he seemed as unemotional as Tobey Maguire's Spiderman, and honestly the MUTOs shouldn't have even been in it, they were completely stupid. The plot was ridiculous...after the hype dies down this movie will probably simply be forgotten.

For the fatness, refer to Godzilla's final roar. Look at that and imagine a butterball turkey. That's what I did n now I can't get it out of my head lmao

But again, it stands above 99% of generic monster flicks, but as a Godzilla movie....the only thing I can say is "well, its not the '98 version..."

Oh come on! It wasn't perfect but you can't sit here and tell me this was a bad Godzilla movie. It was nothing below an 7.5/10 imo and that's being harsh. I still can't see how gGodzilla was fat to you guys. He is built like a bear which is bulky and muscular but I guess you guys consider that fat.

AnywaI'll be going to watch it again in 3D this time. I'll get a better digestion of the movie after seeing it again.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Femuto is more or less as big as Goji is and was completely outmatched in a shoving match. I know you hate the movie but you're using jade tinted glasses to see everything while blinded by your irattional Hatedumb.

And yes, skin does break from blunt force attacks, maces and hammers are very much bloody weapons to use as you smash people around and smash open skulls and skin, especially from monsters with scythes for hands. When Gigan whacked at Showa Godzilla with much blunter scythe handsm for a few minutes; he started bleeding. When the Mutos whacked at Godzilla for well over an hour; he didn't even have any scarring on his body. Indeed I'd rate the Mutos above the majority of Showa Kaiju, with the exceptions of King Ghidorah, Godzilla himself, and Mecha-Godzilla.

The Male Muto was batted around like a fly every time he was hit by Godzilla. Once Godzilla recovered he was back up in a few seconds, no signs of injury or inconvenience besides annoyance. Whenever Godzilla isolated them; he overpowered them with casual ease. Which makes sense because he shrugged off a 15 megaton nuclear bomb to the face (the only nuclear bomb detonated in 1954 at Bikini atoll was Castle Bravo, which due to complications with testing; exploded with ten times it's intended force, the Captain's "kilotons not megatons" statement is inaccurate).

The cloverfield monster was killed by the hammer down protocol. This involves using completely regular munitions in no way capable of leveling manhattan. It wasn't even MOABs, just regular bunker busters that the Mutos would have shrugged off. And Bunker Busters most certainly don't break cities (otherwise there would be no point in inventing the A-bomb). In addition, the Cloverfield monster demonstrated no feats of strength, no feats of agility, no fighting skill, no nothing. I wouldn't give the Cloverfield Monster good odds against the MCU Abomination or MCU Thor, nevermind an actual Kaiju.

Going by what they ignored (15 megaton nuclear bomb to JDAMs at most), Godzilla is literally millions of times more durable. Given that Clover was killed by heavy conventional munitions (but nothing even MOAB sized, nevermind a nuke) I'd say that Godzilla would kill him in a single blow. The anti-ship missiles used by the US Navy to no effect on Godzilla would have killed Clover in a few hits; while the bombardment dropped on Femuto would have similarly murderized Clover.

Now; Measuring from the Golden gate bridge; as someone pointed out, 150 meters is a lowball estimate for Godzilla's height. He's more akin to 700+ feet tall upon reseeing the relevant gifs of him near the Bridge, and would thus be far heavier than my original estimate of 80,000 tons. This also makes Femuto and Male muto even bigger.

Male Muto would be 400 feet, or in other words; towering over even Hesei Godzilla and Final Wars Godzilla, and would comfortably mass in nearly as much as all the Clovers here combined. Femuto would mass in in the hundreds of thousands of tons, while Godzilla would weigh in at about the same range. To put this in perspective, cloverfield weighs 8000 tons, while Godzilla would come in at nearly 300,000 tons. A Shih Tzu is larger to a human in comparison than Cloverfield is to Godzilla. And ten Shih Tzus cannot meaningfully threaten a fully grown human's life.

So Godzilla weighs several times more than all of the Clovers here, walked off munitions that would have turned Clover into a corpse, and is a far superior fighter.

Clover is screwed. He's a good solo monster, but he's a pathetic weakling even compared to Pacific Rim Kaiju; the weakest of whom needed six days of conventional bombardment (including bunker busters) and three 20 kiloton tactical nukes to kill.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: Megaguirus got cut up by flying on GxMG's spines and had her spike crushed by a meagre application of pressure and combusted into flames upon taking a single atomic breath shot.

Megaguirus has zero durability.

Every millenium incarnation of Mothra combusted when hit with an atomic heat ray once their deflective scales were worn out. Final wars Mothra burst into flames when hit by Gigan's cluster rays, which are about the equivalent of a large number of regular artillery shells. Tokyo S.O.S Mothra was incinerated when she tanked a direct hit from Kiryu Goji without her scales to deflect his breath ray.

Also, thank you for conceding defeat by giving up the argument.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@those_eyes: I'm probably going to do the same. My opinion on the movie might be a bit clouded by my disappointment, but beyond the music, the cool glow of the spikes (and the spikes....this Godzilla admittedly had a sweet back), and the two visually pleasing finishers, I just didn't see that much to praise about it. We asked for Godzilla in the shape of godzilla, not an out-of-shape worm with legs. Stupid elephant legs (I can't get over that lol). And in desperate need of cardio.

N I came to see Godzilla....I have no positive feelings about the MUTOs at all, and the human storyline was just excruciating for me. They utterly disgraced Dr. Serezawa, he may as well have just...idk...not been named Serezawa lol. I just...idkman.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thelocust619

@guardian_of_gravity: wow u must not be an adult....only a child would make something up like im "conceding defeat" after iv clearly explained how ur basically wrong in every way. Grow up a little.

Megaguirus fought a far stronger Godzilla (so strong he can stop a hypersonic kaiju cold with a bite, without budging at all. With a beam powerful enough to literally shoot gravity). You have zero points here.

Millennium mothra was hit by far stronger blasts than anything in this movie. You have zero points here.

You are comparing Millennium and Legendary's atomic blasts as if they are the same, or as if this Godzilla is remotely on par with other Godzillas. It is not, in both regards. By feats this one is far weaker. By plot thus one is far weaker. In truth, thus one is far weaker, so comparing it to any other Godzilla won't get you anywhere. This one's breath was more on par with Gypsy Danger's Nuclear Vent than a real Godzilla's nuke breath.

So far you have brought nothing but epic fail to this discussion. Maybe you should take a break and see the movie again. This is getting sad.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Dratini1331

@kyrees: Are you sure I watch the movie today and I could've sworn I heard 300 meters though that could be the length not the Height

I saw it last night, I recall hearing "30 meters above the tree lines" for the small MUTO, but I don't recall anything about 300 meters for godzilla (who was smaller than some skyscrapers). I think he was around 100 meters.

PS-I thought the movie was awesome >.< what'd you think?

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#43  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@dratini1331: There's no way he's that small. I just address his height here. (Post 13) It could be inconsistencies with the film, but there's also posture as well.

Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thelocust619: You're the one who can't spell and dismisses arguments out hands just 'cause without providing any serious calculations or actual quantatization or analysis of feats other than "Legendary Godzilla is bad". So if anyone is bringing failure into this debate, it would be you.

GxMG Goji's best feat is slowing down a pseudo-black hole, which cannot be an actual black hole because for one thing; it didn't swallow the entire planet like a real black hole would nor would an actual black hole do anything but grow when met with a feed of energy. Yes Godzilla defies physics, but if it doesn't quack like a duck, walk like a duck, or look like a duck, it's probably not a duck. Otherwise, GxMG Goji didn't do anything terribly out of line with what Godzilla does normally besides one instance of blur motion and leaping really high.

He shows no especially super-impressive strength feats by Godzilla standards and his beam, judging by it's effects on buildings, is not super-powerful either. Megaguirus is really just that much of a wuss. She was a glass cannon. The moment she started taking hits, her entire gameplan started falling apart and she was hurting badly within a handful of minutes.

Kiryu Godzilla's beams are not particularly powerful; certainly nothing in comparison to Hesei or Final Wars Godzilla. They are flashy with the pre-beam flare up, but judging by the damage they do to known variables (tanks and buildings) they don't display anything to suggest that they are more powerful than what Legendary Goji outputted. In addition, Kiryu Godzilla is a dumbass who's prone to just standing around and taking hits repeatedly. And was ultimately bested by having silk spewed on him and getting drilled before being dropped off at sea to presumably die.

GxMG Godzilla, while potent given his Spirit bomb tanking feat (still less impressive than walking off Castle Bravo to the face); again only showed particularly amazing beam feats when he was specifically powered up by King Ghidorah's lightning. In addition, all of GxMG's opponents were quite weak. Baragon got kicked around like a dog, Mothra at best annoyed GxMG and felt every serious hit she was dealt, and King Ghidorah got the crap beaten out of him until he was charged up by Mothra transferring her spirit energy into him. And even then, none of them actually did him any lasting harm until a drill missile opened a hole in his shoulder and he blew himself up. Which says more about his internal durability than his beam.

Final Wars Gigan's cluster-beam is very unimpressive. Final Wars Godzilla didn't even flinch from it, and it's explosion radii and effects place it on par with a spread out artillery barrage. That Final Wars Mothra was lit up like a roman candle by this speaks very badly for her durability with regards to energy attacks. Final Wars Godzilla is granted; still perhaps the most powerful Godzilla (though debatably Marvel or IDW Godzilla is his superior) and Gigan put up a good fight (only when helped by Monster X though and upgraded , pre-upgrade Gigan got punked like a bitch), but Final wars Mothra is by comparison not really impressive.

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Godzilla, those things have a much lower durability than him and he could use, spoiler****nuclear breath to his advantage.

This

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By thelocust619

@guardian_of_gravity: without providing any serious calculations or actual quantatization or analysis of feats other than "Legendary Godzilla is bad".

Really? This is a testament to your inability to make a legitimate argument. Iv never made this argument, everything iv said has been backed by actual feats in no need of correction, unlike you. My logic is sound, yours is ridiculous lol but i guess owning you on literally every point of the movie by blatantly correcting you....what, it didn't happen? Cuz um I was there. Scroll back up lol

Anyway I didn't see your prior post, which was just speculation and size calcs. They never tried blowing up a city to destroy the MUTOs, so you cannot say they can do the same.

Gypsy also tanked a nuke. A bigger nuke. Yet it got destroyed by a standing blow from Knife head. Resisting a nuke doesn't equate to combat durability. Godzilla tanked a nuke, then was held down by a monster 1/3 his size as it beat him up. The same monster that died against a building.

Your size calcs are off. This Godzilla is 350-450 feet and has no official weight. Clover is about 300 feet, and there's ten of them.

Also even an idiot can tell my typos are due to a phone. Who spells "this" as "thus" on purpose? Lmao just another example of poor reasoning ability.

Idk why you keep referencing other godzilla movies. All of these Godzillas can bust entire city streets with their breath, this one didn't bust a single building and had less range than Godzilla is long. GxMG? GMK? FW? What in god's name makes you think there is ANY comparison to the levels of power displayed in those movies? There is literally nothing at all even close. This is stupid. Talking to you is stupid. You're literally pulling things out your arse and ignoring the big picture:

Godzilla got held down by a building level monster, beat up as soon as he lost the 1v1 advantage, and showed no ability to deal with multiple attackers. Clover is largely superior to the Mutos because it won't die when smashed on a building lol buildings fell on it n it was fine. You cannot undermine "enough firepower to destroy Manhattan", it doesn't matter if the used firecrackers. Its a city level explosion. MUTOS tanked nothing close. It doesn't matter if the explosion was made by mentos and coke....it still busted Manhattan.

There is no reason in your logic, just rationalizing (I.e. excuses).

Also, I can't believe you said Clover is a good monster. Ew. Even this Godzilla is cooler than Clover field. But opinions have no place in a matter of facts.

When you need calcs to make just a single real point in your argument, when the facts are not just plainly visible but impossibly obvious, it shows you have no case. Calcs won't undo the clear image of the male MUTO punching Godzilla's head in the dirt and holding him down by itself. Feats>speculative calculations. You can't erase that.

Also, it takes a clip from a plasma gun to kill a Pacific Rim kaiju. Or a sword. Or plain nuclear exhaust. On screen feats>off screen feats.

Now please, for the love of god, make a simple, short statement of undeniable legitimacy to support your case. No calcs, use what actually happened. Like this: Godzilla got beat by creatures smaller than itself. Truth. One of which were similar in size to Clover. Truth. But it died against a building. Truth. Godzilla is too slow to fight multiple opponents effectively. Truth"

Now, without making up false happenings or trying to undermine Clover requiring a city level explosion to kill it, counter that.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By those_eyes

@thelocust619: Femuto is more or less as big as Goji is and was completely outmatched in a shoving match. I know you hate the movie but you're using jade tinted glasses to see everything while blinded by your irattional Hatedumb.

And yes, skin does break from blunt force attacks, maces and hammers are very much bloody weapons to use as you smash people around and smash open skulls and skin, especially from monsters with scythes for hands. When Gigan whacked at Showa Godzilla with much blunter scythe handsm for a few minutes; he started bleeding. When the Mutos whacked at Godzilla for well over an hour; he didn't even have any scarring on his body. Indeed I'd rate the Mutos above the majority of Showa Kaiju, with the exceptions of King Ghidorah, Godzilla himself, and Mecha-Godzilla.

The Male Muto was batted around like a fly every time he was hit by Godzilla. Once Godzilla recovered he was back up in a few seconds, no signs of injury or inconvenience besides annoyance. Whenever Godzilla isolated them; he overpowered them with casual ease. Which makes sense because he shrugged off a 15 megaton nuclear bomb to the face (the only nuclear bomb detonated in 1954 at Bikini atoll was Castle Bravo, which due to complications with testing; exploded with ten times it's intended force, the Captain's "kilotons not megatons" statement is inaccurate).

The cloverfield monster was killed by the hammer down protocol. This involves using completely regular munitions in no way capable of leveling manhattan. It wasn't even MOABs, just regular bunker busters that the Mutos would have shrugged off. And Bunker Busters most certainly don't break cities (otherwise there would be no point in inventing the A-bomb). In addition, the Cloverfield monster demonstrated no feats of strength, no feats of agility, no fighting skill, no nothing. I wouldn't give the Cloverfield Monster good odds against the MCU Abomination or MCU Thor, nevermind an actual Kaiju.

Going by what they ignored (15 megaton nuclear bomb to JDAMs at most), Godzilla is literally millions of times more durable. Given that Clover was killed by heavy conventional munitions (but nothing even MOAB sized, nevermind a nuke) I'd say that Godzilla would kill him in a single blow. The anti-ship missiles used by the US Navy to no effect on Godzilla would have killed Clover in a few hits; while the bombardment dropped on Femuto would have similarly murderized Clover.

Now; Measuring from the Golden gate bridge; as someone pointed out, 150 meters is a lowball estimate for Godzilla's height. He's more akin to 700+ feet tall upon reseeing the relevant gifs of him near the Bridge, and would thus be far heavier than my original estimate of 80,000 tons. This also makes Femuto and Male muto even bigger.

Male Muto would be 400 feet, or in other words; towering over even Hesei Godzilla and Final Wars Godzilla, and would comfortably mass in nearly as much as all the Clovers here combined. Femuto would mass in in the hundreds of thousands of tons, while Godzilla would weigh in at about the same range. To put this in perspective, cloverfield weighs 8000 tons, while Godzilla would come in at nearly 300,000 tons. A Shih Tzu is larger to a human in comparison than Cloverfield is to Godzilla. And ten Shih Tzus cannot meaningfully threaten a fully grown human's life.

So Godzilla weighs several times more than all of the Clovers here, walked off munitions that would have turned Clover into a corpse, and is a far superior fighter.

Clover is screwed. He's a good solo monster, but he's a pathetic weakling even compared to Pacific Rim Kaiju; the weakest of whom needed six days of conventional bombardment (including bunker busters) and three 20 kiloton tactical nukes to kill.

No Caption Provided

I hhave been swayed in favour of Godzilla winning. I had no idea he fought for an hour. They showed only 5 minutes of fight so I guess I thought he only fought for about 5 minutes.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@guardian_of_gravity: without providing any serious calculations or actual quantatization or analysis of feats other than "Legendary Godzilla is bad".

Really? Cuz I guess owning you on literally every point of the movie by blatantly correcting you....what, it didn't happen? Cuz um I was there.

None of your corrections were of any substance or showed any serious efforts at quantizing feats rather than simply dismissing arguments out of hand because you found them to be inconvenient to your thesis.

Anyway I didn't see your prior post, which was just speculation and size calcs. They never tried blowing up a city to destroy the MUTOs, so you cannot say they can do the same.

Yes, you can based on the munitions utilized to kill them. Cloverfield was felled by bunker buster munitions as part of the hammer down protocol, each of which typically outputs less than a ton of TNT's worth of explosive force and primarily relies on penetrative force via massive drop weight.

Gypsy also tanked a nuke. A bigger nuke. Yet it got destroyed by a standing blow from Knife head. Resisting a nuke doesn't equate to combat durability. Godzilla tanked a nuke, then was held down by a monster 1/3 his size as it beat him up. The same monster that died against a building.

Godzilla withstood the Castle Bravo Nuclear warhead, which is known to have detonated with the force of 15 megatons, or roughly an order of magnitude more than what Gypsy danger withstood. Gypsy Danger was also over a kilometre away. Your argument is spurious at best and outright fallacious at worst.

Your size calcs are off. This Godzilla is 350-450 feet and has no official weight. Clover is about 300 feet, and there's ten of them.

Godzilla's official size is incongruent with what is actually observed by comparing him to known factors such as the Golden gate Bridge. Judging by him standing near the bridge which stands 250+ feet above the water, and has several dozen more feet of depth before we factor in how tall he was next to the towers, we can comfortably estimate his height to around 800 feet, which is not directly contradicted by him standing next to any other known buildings. Cloverfield also only masses in at 8,000 tons.

Comparing heights to the 20,000 ton and 50 metre tall Showa Godzilla would, as per the square cube law; give us a mass 116 times greater. Being more fair and comparing it to Final Wars Godzilla who has a mass of 55,000 tons gives us a mass more in the ballpark of 15 or so times greater. This gives us a mass of 797,000 tons, or one hundred times that of Cloverfield's mass of 7,800 tons.

This is consistent with Godzilla displacing enough water to cause a massive Tsunami via exiting the pacific ocean, and is also consistent with him displacing a Nimitz class aircraft carrier and multiple destroyers. Which we can also use as a reference for his size. Simply put, Cloverfield is far too small.

Also even an idiot can tell my typos are due to a phone. Who spells "this" as "thus" on purpose? Lmao just another example of poor reasoning ability.

Thus is common language in higher academia and prose writing. Typing on a phone is no excuse for poor typography. Nor is there ever an excuse to use chatspeak in a debate setting. If you wish to be taken seriously, use proper and formal English. This isn't Tumblr.

Idk why you keep referencing other godzilla movies. All of these Godzillas can bust entire city streets with their breath, this one didn't bust a single building and had less range than Godzilla is long. GxMG? GMK? FW? What in god's name makes you think there is ANYcomparison to the levels of power displayed in those movies? There is literally nothing at all even close. This is stupid. Talking to you is stupid. You're literally pulling things out your arose and ignoring the big picture:

Again an example of not providing any counter-argument besides an anger filled rant. Godzilla did not use his breath on any structure nor utilized them at long range as this incarnation of Godzilla outright ignored humanity so that he could put more focus on destroying rival predators and was always in a very close quarters situation. You do not address any arguments and simply wave them away.

Godzilla got held down by a building level monster, beat up as soon as he lost the 1v1 advantage, and showed no ability to deal with multiple attackers. Clover is largely superior to the Mutos because it won't die when smashed on a building lol buildings fell on it n it was fine. You cannot undermine "enough firepower to destroy Manhattan", it doesn't matter if the used firecrackers. Its a city level explosion. MUTOS tanked nothing close.

You are arguing in the face of the Cloverfield monster being killed by Bunker Buster munitions while the Masculine Muto was only felled by being hit with a supersonic tail swung by a 797,000 ton monster. Assuming only 1/10th of his body mass is placed behind this impact and he is only just barely breaching the sound barrier at 340 M/S, which is a very conservative estimate based on how quickly he was able to move his tail relative to his size (as a point of Comparison, Devastator in Revenge of the Fallen would be moving his fists at 200 miles per hour to move his fists at his punching speeds, whereas Godzilla is both far larger and swinging his tail faster) we get a kinetic energy output of 4,566,200,000,000 joules

This is the equivalent of a 1091.35 Ton bomb. So the Male Muto was slain by the force of a one kiloton bomb all concentrated into the area of Godzilla's tail slamming into it and then impaling it on metal girders. Whereas the Cloverfield Monster was slain by concentrated bombardment from precision guided munitions; which did not level manhattan as many claim; but rather flattened an area around central park. The military reserved the usage of these thermobaric warheads until it was over Central Park to minimize collateral damage. It only leveled most of Manhattan because the military refused to deploy bunker buster munitions until it was out of a densely populated area.

There is no reason in your logic, just rationalizing and excuses).

D-, rampant pseudo-intellectualism, poor debating, and blatant favoritism. Only saved from an F rating by weight of content.

OmgOmgWtfWtf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vrakmul:

I'm surprised you even bother responding to the guy after he said this...

"This" and "Thus" are two completely different words lmao.

thelocust619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By thelocust619

@vrakmul:

-my corrections changed "Godzilla wasn't hurt at all!" to "Godzilla was defeated 2v1, pinned by a far smaller creature and was unable to get up until it left. Then he passed out after winning" huge improvement, as far as accuracy.

you just compared individual bunker busters with the multiple bunker busters that went off at once, resulting in a combined explosion that leveled Manhattan. Measuring the yield of individual bombs won't quantify this...are you sure ur the right guy to be grading people?

-my argument is fallicious? Then....where does it say/show Gypsy being a kilometer away? That sounds like a guess, not a fact. In fact, there's no way to tell lol if udk the exact figures, it can't be quantified. Using guesses in all probability results in a wrong answer. That's why calcs are overrated.

-my phone freezes when I try to correct it. Its worth it to have spelling errors than to lose what I typed. You're being overly judgemental and should mind your business in this case. You're not Batman and can't read me simply because I use a phone.

Godzilla used his breath on a creature on a structure and caused literally no surrounding damage with it. For example, when GxMG Godzilla fires his breath, it explodes and it has the intensity to carry that energy over a greater distance. 2014's breath merely dispersed on impact. No comparison. When its that clearly incomparable is it really worth responding to? It takes more effort than its worth on this phone.

-the best way to judge his power of his swing is to look at what it did. What it did was stop cold against a building. Thus, Godzilla's tail's force =/= a skyscraper's durability. I don't need calcs to plainly see this was a building level feat. If it were stronger, the building would not have stopped it. Once again, speculative calcs being used to overemphasize a clear feat. And again, downplaying the fact that Manhattan was absolutely destroyed in one attack. As I said, it doesn't matter if they used mentors and coke: the attack busted Manhattan. Hammer protocol was a Manhattan buster. Clover got hit by a city buster. What don't you get?

Your rating gets a D-, try putting some thought into both sides before grading someone. Just because I may lack people skills doesn't make me wrong....in fact, I'm still waiting for someone to succeed in making an actual counter based on feats and not speculative calculations

Actually, u got an F. Not paying attention, you accused me of favoritism when I outright stated I prefer Godzilla to Clover. My opinion has no bearing on my call as its honestly the complete opposite. I saw this Godzilla get humiliated by creatures smaller than him, so i dont think he could handle 10 clovers based on what he has shown. All anyone has are calcs. Thats neaningless, your math based on estinates is not going to hold more power than what was portrayed on the screen. I can't wait for the gifs to come out lol

You're welcome to get it together and try again.