#1 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
"why is god angry?"

what if magneto doubts god?

#2 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm... Judging by the fact that Q was more powerful than the bearded entity, I can't say it'd be a stomp, but other than eye lightning, I'm not sure exactly how powerful he is; after all, he did need a starship, but he's also incorporeal, which kinda makes Magneto's powers a little hard to utilise.

I can't really say who'd win here, but judging by how deabtes can go, i'd probably say Magneto because he has more quantifiable feats.

#3 Posted by ImmortalT1000 (3170 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#4 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArticulateT said:

Hm... Judging by the fact that Q was more powerful than the bearded entity, I can't say it'd be a stomp, but other than eye lightning, I'm not sure exactly how powerful he is; after all, he did need a starship, but he's also incorporeal, which kinda makes Magneto's powers a little hard to utilise.

I can't really say who'd win here, but judging by how deabtes can go, i'd probably say Magneto because he has more quantifiable feats.

How do you know the Q are more powerful?

#5 Posted by ArticulateT (189 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: Well, I'm going mainly off of feats here, and I know Q was omnipotent, but 'God' didn't display that kind of power (having been trapped somwhere, and needing outside forces, mainly a starship, to escape)

#6 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio

Q is definitely more powerful than a being that can become trapped, which needs a starship, etc. Q goes where he wants, when he wants, without the need of anything external to himself. 

Incidentally, some have theorized that this being from Star Trek V is actually a rogue Cytherian. A Cytherian was seen in the TNG episode, "Nth Degree."
#7 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArticulateT said:

@ComocYahweh: Well, I'm going mainly off of feats here, and I know Q was omnipotent, but 'God' didn't display that kind of power (having been trapped somwhere, and needing outside forces, mainly a starship, to escape)

Q was not omnipotent, they just preferred the less powerful beings to believe q was.

#8 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyZ256 said:

Q is definitely more powerful than a being that can become trapped, which needs a starship, etc. Q goes where he wants, when he wants, without the need of anything external to himself. Incidentally, some have theorized that this being from Star Trek V is actually a rogue Cytherian. A Cytherian was seen in the TNG episode, "Nth Degree."

Actually, Q have been trapped too, by other q.

#9 Posted by Magethor (1054 posts) - - Show Bio

This god was killed or damage by an anti-matter/matter Proton Torpedo. Magneto would beat him with electromagnetism.

#10 Posted by JohnnyZ256 (2423 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComocYahweh

That's true, but Q have claimed to be omnipotent, omniscient, ect. While Q is certainly not actually omnipotent, he's definitely closer than the being from Star Trek V is. 

Apparently multiple Qs (or one Q with the backing of the Continuum) are stronger than one Q. This explains how Q was confined to the asteroid, or how Q's son was changed into an amoeba, etc. So I think that for all intents and purposes, Q's power is basically unlimited, so the being from Star Trek V would be greatly outmatched, unless it were a Q in disguise or something.
#11 Posted by Floopay (8721 posts) - - Show Bio

@Magethor said:

This god was killed or damage by an anti-matter/matter Proton Torpedo. Magneto would beat him with electromagnetism.

I believe this is 100% correct. Been awhile since I've seen Star Trek V though.

Thanks for reading,

Floopay

#12 Posted by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

Q>>>>ST V movie God

BTW, Q would kill Magneto with a mere thought. The only time we see Q weakened is when the Q contin takes his power away. And as others said already, the Q are omnipotent...

#13 Posted by Ultimate_Riddler (289 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto for the win.

#14 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

Q>>>>ST V movie God

BTW, Q would kill Magneto with a mere thought. The only time we see Q weakened is when the Q contin takes his power away. And as others said already, the Q are omnipotent...

The q are far from omnipotent.

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4416 posts) - - Show Bio

Magneto

#16 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh said:

@Vaeternus said:

Q>>>>ST V movie God

Incorrect. The Q are Omnipotent, Q even says it himself in both these episodes...clearly you don't watch Star Trek. Second vid around 11:00 minutes in...to 11:25 in

#17 Posted by ComocYahweh (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vaeternus said:

@ComocYahweh said:

@Vaeternus said:

Q>>>>ST V movie God

Incorrect. The Q are Omnipotent, Q even says it himself in both these episodes...clearly you don't watch Star Trek. Second vid around 11:00 minutes in...to 11:25 in

Resisting the urge to call you a moron.... It has been stated in DeathWish by a q who has no reason to lie that the q are not omnipotent, and that q only lies because they wants mortals to think they are omnipotent. And they are obviously not omnipotent.

#18 Edited by Vaeternus (9410 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh,

Sorry but calling me moron doesn't prove much or does you any credit other then making you look desperate for being proved wrong. If you want to remain ignorant that's your problem, since Tuvok is a vulcan no where near as knowledgable as a Q for one and the only thing Q states is "we're immortal, no Q has ever considered suicide" and I quote him "his suicide COULD have unknown consequences for the Q" the outcome is unknown...unknown means unknown, they're still omnipotent regardless and again, the shows I posted proves it with one Q telling Q that they're omnipotent, all powerful etc. Not to mention the term could doesn't translate to definite. They're still omnipotent regardless of what they tell humans(why you'd think they lie to them or other species I don't know) but again the Q have said to each other that they're omnipotent.

Quinn was arrogant and stupid, that's why Q(the known Q) even said the rest of the Q's thought he was mentally unstable...there's nothing said here that says if he killed himself that it would prove they aren't omnipotent...

They(the Q contin) have stated several times they're omnipotent and have existed for billions of years(which is proof of that alone) so yes they're Omnipotent...but hey believe what you want man... So you're wrong. Clearly you didn't even watch the two videos I provided where Q tells another Q we're omnipotent...

#19 Posted by God_Spawn (38114 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComocYahweh: I know you resisted the urge to call him a moron, but that would have just been better to leave it out of your post all together. If things get frustrating again to the point you have to type out you were gonna insult someone, don't put that in the post. Let's not do that anymore.