Gladiator (While his confidence is at its peak) vs Superman

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well i doubt he can just lift 101 tons and because it's 1 ton over their scale they say its incalculable, i like your definition and it is a very good argument BUT the fact remains he has done stuff to indicate he is of Superman's strength class and his belief driven talents mean that his strength/power is incalculable in the traditional sense, that no scale in the Marvel Universe will be able to measure his strength as it is astronomical and capable of increasing if he believes it can.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152  Edited By Logic Mark III

Post Deleted.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By Forever

Logic Mark III says:

"Well i doubt he can just lift 101 tons and because it's 1 ton over their scale they say its incalculable, i like your definition and it is a very good argument BUT the fact remains he has done stuff to indicate he is of Superman's strength class and his belief driven talents mean that his strength/power is incalculable in the traditional sense, that no scale in the Marvel Universe will be able to measure his strength as it is astronomical and capable of increasing if he believes it can. "

Ok. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. I certainly feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this topic has been debated beyond the point that everyone who has read it should have a clearly formed one.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By Valkaad

Forever says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"Well i doubt he can just lift 101 tons and because it's 1 ton over their scale they say its incalculable, i like your definition and it is a very good argument BUT the fact remains he has done stuff to indicate he is of Superman's strength class and his belief driven talents mean that his strength/power is incalculable in the traditional sense, that no scale in the Marvel Universe will be able to measure his strength as it is astronomical and capable of increasing if he believes it can. "
Ok. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. I certainly feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this topic has been debated beyond the point that everyone who has read it should have a clearly formed one."

And the result is EVERYONE who has argued logically and shown cases to prove points thinks that Superman wins easily, except Illogic Mark III. Mark, do you think maybe, just maybe you are such a Gladiator fan that YOU are not being reasonable? Like I said earlier what is more likely true and try and use common sense and logic instead of Gladiator love to reason out and answer this question. A. Gladiator is extremely powerful in marvel terms and can lift 250 to 500 tons, this puts him at at least double all of their big guns making him potentially stronger than even someone as powerful as Thanos. or B. Marvel decided they would take one guy and make him not hundreds, not thousands, not hundreds of thousands, not millions, not tens of millions, BUT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS TIMES STRONGER than anyone else they have. Do you really honestly think Gladiator is 2,631,578 times stronger than Wonder Man? If you do truly believe this and you believe that the marvel writers intend him to be this powerful, then WHY WHY WHY don't they show him beat everyone with EASE. If he were TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY MIllion times stronger than Abomination he could beat Thor with one punch!

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#155  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Valkaad says:

"Forever says:
"Logic Mark III says:
Ok. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of that. I certainly feel that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and this topic has been debated beyond the point that everyone who has read it should have a clearly formed one."

And the result is EVERYONE who has argued logically and shown cases to prove points thinks that Superman wins easily, except Illogic Mark III. Mark, do you think maybe, just maybe you are such a Gladiator fan that YOU are not being reasonable? Like I said earlier what is more likely true and try and use common sense and logic instead of Gladiator love to reason out and answer this question. A. Gladiator is extremely powerful in marvel terms and can lift 250 to 500 tons, this puts him at at least double all of their big guns making him potentially stronger than even someone as powerful as Thanos. or B. Marvel decided they would take one guy and make him not hundreds, not thousands, not hundreds of thousands, not millions, not tens of millions, BUT HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS TIMES STRONGER than anyone else they have. Do you really honestly think Gladiator is 2,631,578 times stronger than Wonder Man? If you do truly believe this and you believe that the marvel writers intend him to be this powerful, then WHY WHY WHY don't they show him beat everyone with EASE. If he were TWO HUNDRED and FIFTY MIllion times stronger than Abomination he could beat Thor with one punch!"

Thats very true good point

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well the answer is simple. HE IS NOT A HERO. HE DOESN'T HAVE HIS OWN COMICS. HOW COULD HE BE IN A COMIC IF HE FINISHED MANS IN ALL OF 1 PANEL? There are many of these questions you could ask, Why if people like the Phoenix, Onslaught, Proteus etc can warp reality with a thought were they able to be defeated? why would they even have to fight? Why wold they need an Avengers if all SCARLET Witch had to say was NO MORE BAD GUYS?....there would be no comics if this were the case. I do not understand why he cannot be this powerful what great mystical force is stopping Marvel from making him this strong? Just because on the whole characters aren't this strong doesn't mean some can't be. The fact is there ARE comics showing him at the levels he has been described at in his stats, thus its safe to conclude he can be that powerful.

Bender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Bender

Logic Mark III says:

"Yeah that makes sense Superman beats Gladiator to the sun...Gladiator is faster. Gladiator is as strong etc, Clantern just saying Gladiator is shit doesn't change the facts, if it did Wolverine, Spiderman etc would be able to beat anyone because they may be way more popular than someone they are put up against."

Let's say supes temporarily distracts him for a slight head start. The closer he would get to the sun the more powerful he gets, so as the chase goes on supes get's faster and stronger. And since they're already travelling beyond light speed, the journey to the sun wouldn't take long.. And if they were already "matched" or near enough, wouldn't that be a tad confidence shattering that just be going somewhere you're opponent gains pretty much infinite power?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#158  Edited By Methos

M

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well Gladiator already has infinite power so i don't see how he can be made to lose confidence because Supes gets a bit stronger. Also if the guy can travel 100 times faster than Supes and see across galaxies i don't think a teeny little head start will let Supes get away.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By darkelf35

Souperman

darkelf35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By darkelf35

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

Punching strength: Superman at best KOd himself by destroying moon. Gladiator destroyed planet in few punches and then flew away. Later he also showed planet level strength in fight with Hyperion.

HV: both has one as hot/hotter than core of sun, while Superman's is more versatile but it won't help in battle.

Reflex: both have nanosecond one, but only Gladiator used in battle.

Durability: Superman was KOd by a fraction of energy released by supernova. Gladiator contained whole explosion that could destroy half of our Solar System and later normally fought.  Boh can survive in heart of star. Both take punches from many strong people. Gladiator for sure took ones from planet-level person (Hyperion). 

Bo88gdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By Bo88gdan

Gladiator wins

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By Imperius_Rex

Gotta be superman. As much as I love gladiator superman has done so much more in terms of feats of strength and overall brawls.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Imperius_Rex said:
Gotta be superman. As much as I love gladiator superman has done so much more in terms of feats of strength and overall brawls.
He has more appearnces as well, but he has more appearances than Destroyer too, which doesn't mean that Superman can KO Destroyer.
btmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By btmt

Superman wins!!!!!!!

Imperius_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Imperius_Rex

I know I'm just saying from what I've seen it seems like super man has accomplished much more. You can't under estimate the fight in super man's heart. IMO he will eventually after a gnarly slugfest put glads down.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Imperius_Rex said:
I know I'm just saying from what I've seen it seems like super man has accomplished much more. You can't under estimate the fight in super man's heart. IMO he will eventually after a gnarly slugfest put glads down.
But Gladiator simply has better punching feats. If they will seem to equal in all other things, Gladiator will win due to greater strength.
Avatar image for micah_silago806
Micah_Silago806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@valkaad: that's all star. We're using post crisis I believe.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman

Micah_Silago806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/14/146296/2857208-hyp3.jpg

He reacts to a ftl punch in nano seconds.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Micah_Silago806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Micah_Silago806

@reaverlation: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/thesilentghost/blog/respect-gladiator/84525/ read all that. Won't take long.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Micah_Silago806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did you even read it? Dude Gladiator at full confidence would beat post crisis superman. Not easy but he would.

reaverlation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By reaverlation
Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@valkaad said:

I hate to say this, becuase I have already said it on this same battle. Superman wins and its relatively easy. Gladiator cannot compete!! Gladiator is from marvel, meaning that he can lift at best 150 possibly 200 tons (and 200 is stretching it) while even an average superman (not his most powerful incarnation) can lift probably 250,000 tons. This is a CURBSTOMP!

That is a misconception. The Marvel Power Scale taps at 100 tons. This doesn't mean the characters tap out at the same level.

Your average house weighs about 250 tons. Thor has lifted up the Midgard Serpent, who is large enough to encircle Earth. His handbook stat is simply listed as "Well over 100 tons."

If Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Darkseid, etc were Marvel characters, or even if the Marvel Handbook standards were applied to DC characters, they would be listed as being able to lift "Well over 100 tons."

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman isn't fighitng FTL. He didn't even used nanosecond reaction in battle.

@valkaad said:

I hate to say this, becuase I have already said it on this same battle. Superman wins and its relatively easy. Gladiator cannot compete!! Gladiator is from marvel, meaning that he can lift at best 150 possibly 200 tons (and 200 is stretching it) while even an average superman (not his most powerful incarnation) can lift probably 250,000 tons. This is a CURBSTOMP!

That is a misconception. The Marvel Power Scale taps at 100 tons. This doesn't mean the characters tap out at the same level.

Your average house weighs about 250 tons. Thor has lifted up the Midgard Serpent, who is large enough to encircle Earth. His handbook stat is simply listed as "Well over 100 tons."

If Superman, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter, Black Adam, Darkseid, etc were Marvel characters, or even if the Marvel Handbook standards were applied to DC characters, they would be listed as being able to lift "Well over 100 tons."

One thing: Thor's feat with Midgard Serpent is that good, because MS was destroying Earth at the moment, when Thor overmuscled him, which puts Thor above planet-busters.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One thing: Thor's feat with Midgard Serpent is that good, because MS was destroying Earth at the moment, when Thor overmuscled him, which puts Thor above planet-busters.

In the same story where he was almost killed by a ship's mast falling on his head, if I recall.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@czarny_samael666 said:

In the same story where he was almost killed by a ship's mast falling on his head, if I recall.

IDK, but high feats from one area doesn't alawys come with other ones.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge said:

@czarny_samael666 said:

IDK, but high feats from one area doesn't alawys come with other ones.

So Thor has planetary strength but awful, awful durability?

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge:

You're coming down to conclusion that both things has to work best in such a situation. This logic is wrong, considering that most characters that- for example - shows planet level attacks, mostly are doing it very slow. For example Surfer is much faster than Morg, but they were clashed on planet that was later destroyed.

I don't even remember mentioned panel, but rarely we see fights like Gladiator vs Hyperion, where writer was doing everything to show their every power in best possible way. Personally I don't recall any other battler fro mtop of my head, in which two characters used planet level strength and durability, powerfull heat/atomic vision, nanosecond reaction speed and even high fighting skills (for Glads).

When Superman was fighting HP Doomsday for example, he didn't use super-reaction speed, but he did in fight with DD amped with Kryptonian DNA.

Such a logic works only when something has to be shown each other time or at least in most situations, like immunity to telepathy or evolution powers (Darwin, DD). They has to be shown all the time, but things like durability/speed/strength cannot be.

If Thor wouldn't have planet level stength/durability, his fights with Glads, Hyperion, Atum, Gorr, Drax, Kurse, Surfer and many others would be immpossible.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator is stronger, but Supes Striking strength is comparable, he has better speed and reaction feats as well as better skill. He should win in a good battle.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@laflux said:

Gladiator is stronger, but Supes Striking strength is comparable, he has better speed and reaction feats as well as better skill. He should win in a good battle.

Gladiator has more raw strength?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicstooge: He's busted Giant Planets with his raw strength just to show off, and according to his son he's destroyed Black Holes.

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ComicStooge

@laflux said:

@comicstooge: according to his son he's destroyed Black Holes.

Eh, Kubark could be exaggerating.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wasn't he trying to reassure himself, that his dad would recover from some injury?

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I'm a bit iffy to take that statement seriously, in that case.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@laflux said:

It was definitely an exaggeration IMO and even if it wasn't, there's no on panel confirmation that Gladiator could tear apart black holes with his hands. It's equivalent to the urban myth that Sentry stalemated Galactus in a fight when there's no proof of that fight ever happening.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#193 frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: I would still say Gladiator wins.

Avatar image for howard_the-duck
Howard_The-Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman in a tough fight

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By ComicStooge

@lvenger said:

@comicstooge said:

@laflux said:

It was definitely an exaggeration IMO and even if it wasn't, there's no on panel confirmation that Gladiator could tear apart black holes with his hands. It's equivalent to the urban myth that Sentry stalemated Galactus in a fight when there's no proof of that fight ever happening.

No Caption Provided

Lord44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By Lord44
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Gladiator wins this blindfolded and with just one hand.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Lvenger

@frozen said:

@lvenger: I would still say Gladiator wins.

Against Pre New 52 Superman? Even though Gladiator could give him a good fight, I find it hard to believe that he could beat Superman. What are you basing your view on? Outside of striking power and maybe energy projection, Superman holds all the advantages. He's more durable, faster than Gladiator in combat, more consistent nanosecond reactions, more versatile with how he uses his powers, more tactical and resourceful as well as being more skilled in H2H combat. How does Gladiator beat Superman then if Clark holds almost all the advantages over Kallark.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#198  Edited By frozen  Moderator

@lvenger: I meant New-52 Superman actually, I think Gladiator could conceviably beat the New version, I should have realised this thread was made when Pre-New 52 Superman was around and that version is in use, in that case I would say Pre-New 52 dominates.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

@lvenger: I meant New-52 Superman actually, I think Gladiator could conceviably beat the New version, I should have realised this thread was made when Pre-New 52 Superman was around, in that case I would say Pre-New 52 dominates.

Oh I wasn't aware you were talking about Current Superman, my bad. Yeah New 52 Superman doesn't have the feats to stand up to Gladiator, let alone the durability. But the rules do say unless a version is specified, we're supposed to use current versions of the characters.

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Really? New-52 has the strength to compete at least.