Gladiator (While his confidence is at its peak) vs Superman

Donnieman v5.1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Donnieman v5.1

Gladiator pwns Supes with his endless might.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Vs

I think this would be a great fight both around same strength, both great fighter, both have laser eyes and ice breath. But I think Big G would win cuz when he is full confidence he is a whole new fighter he almost beat Champ of the universe. He eyes become like death beams and his strength is increased 10 fold.
Post Edited:2007-08-14 16:05:14

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Gladiator pwns Supes with his endless might."

Thats what i was thinking but Supes would put up a fight i just don't see him winning it.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

anyone else come on this would be a great fight.

Sparda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Sparda

I don't really know. Supes has more feats, but that's because he's written so much. Gladiator....well, if he absolutely knows he can win, I suppose he can do it. Although I must add that you really made Supes look gay compared to Gladiator with those pics.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Sparda says:

"I don't really know. Supes has more feats, but that's because he's written so much. Gladiator....well, if he absolutely knows he can win, I suppose he can do it. Although I must add that you really made Supes look gay compared to Gladiator with those pics."

Lol ya let me get him a better one.

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Supreme Marvel

i thought this had been done?

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Sparda says:

"I don't really know. Supes has more feats, but that's because he's written so much. Gladiator....well, if he absolutely knows he can win, I suppose he can do it. Although I must add that you really made Supes look gay compared to Gladiator with those pics."

Also ya he might have more feats but even with all those Champ of the Universe would crush him and Big G put up a hell of a fight with Champ so ya

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Lord Shazam says:

"i thought this had been done?"

I don't think so

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By JBElliott

Superman wins because he's Superman and Gladiator is a knock off.

The fight would go something like this, they trade punches. Gladiator unloads with all his might and Superman is dazed, but not killed or even knocked out. Now Gladiator's confidence begins to wane and Superman begins to take over the fight and in the end win.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

JBElliott says:

"Superman wins because he's Superman and Gladiator is a knock off.The fight would go something like this, they trade punches. Gladiator unloads with all his might and Superman is dazed, but not killed or even knocked out. Now Gladiator's confidence begins to wane and Superman begins to take over the fight and in the end win."

Nope dude when Bog G is at full confidence he can beat supes he almost beat Champ of the universe and supes can't even get close to doing that.

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JBElliott

SeanAKAMisery says:

"JBElliott says:
"Superman wins because he's Superman and Gladiator is a knock off.The fight would go something like this, they trade punches. Gladiator unloads with all his might and Superman is dazed, but not killed or even knocked out. Now Gladiator's confidence begins to wane and Superman begins to take over the fight and in the end win."

Nope dude when Bog G is at full confidence he can beat supes he almost beat Champ of the universe and supes can't even get close to doing that. "

Sorry, but Superman wins. He beat Thor. He beat Hulk. He'd beat Gladiator. Originals always beat imitations. Superman is the original original, so he beats all comers.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zee crusher

JBElliott says:

"Superman wins because he's Superman and Gladiator is a knock off. The fight would go something like this, they trade punches. Gladiator unloads with all his might and Superman is dazed, but not killed or even knocked out. Now Gladiator's confidence begins to wane and Superman begins to take over the fight and in the end win."

okay now how would gldiators confidence wane after throwign two punches did you even read thro vs gladiator os supremem vs gladiator he doesnt giev up easliy besides gladiator only needs a few punches throw some capable fo tearing up a planet thats it.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By zee crusher

JBElliott says:

"SeanAKAMisery says:
"JBElliott says:
"Superman wins because he's Superman and Gladiator is a knock off. The fight would go something like this, they trade punches. Gladiator unloads with all his might and Superman is dazed, but not killed or even knocked out. Now Gladiator's confidence begins to wane and Superman begins to take over the fight and in the end win."
Nope dude when Bog G is at full confidence he can beat supes he almost beat Champ of the universe and supes can't even get close to doing that. "
Sorry, but Superman wins. He beat Thor. He beat Hulk. He'd beat Gladiator. Originals always beat imitations. Superman is the original original, so he beats all comers."

Sorry lol but you sound really stupid he beat thor because of fans he beat hulk because of course dcs gayest i mean strongest hero cant lose to some unknown character yes in all fights they had to make superman win but against gladiator hed lose superman flies liek hundreds of feet back after even little hits from darkseid.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valkaad

I hate to say this, becuase I have already said it on this same battle. Superman wins and its relatively easy. Gladiator cannot compete!! Gladiator is from marvel, meaning that he can lift at best 150 possibly 200 tons (and 200 is stretching it) while even an average superman (not his most powerful incarnation) can lift probably 250,000 tons. This is a CURBSTOMP!

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zee crusher

Lol very wrong superman cant lift no way near 250,000 tons seeings as hwo hes always strugglign with people aroudn 100ton lvl and if he could lift so much he should have been able to really take darkseid and definitly doomsday with in the first few minutes none of the two i admite can lift that much but seeing as superman can get tired gladiator really take some time to or really doesnt he wins if darkseid can do why no gladiator if mongoul why not gladiator.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Valkaad

zee crusher says:

"Lol very wrong superman cant lift no way near 250,000 tons seeings as hwo hes always strugglign with people aroudn 100ton lvl and if he could lift so much he should have been able to really take darkseid and definitly doomsday with in the first few minutes none of the two i admite can lift that much but seeing as superman can get tired gladiator really take some time to or really doesnt he wins if darkseid can do why no gladiator if mongoul why not gladiator."

you were saying?

Maxim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Maxim

You know why Superman wins in every cross-overs? Because DC makes it so he has to. They say it straight up to Marvel. Or so Wizard says.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Valkaad

Maxim says:

"You know why Superman wins in every cross-overs? Because DC makes it so he has to. They say it straight up to Marvel. Or so Wizard says."

Who has he fought in a crossover that, if the gloves where off and any character could die, could have legitimately beat him?

Maxim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Maxim

I'm pretty sure Thor could have. That thing about Supes catching the hammer was bull.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Valkaad

Maxim says:

"I'm pretty sure Thor could have. That thing about Supes catching the hammer was bull."

The reason I think Supes could catch the hammer, is because he is sooo strong, and if anyone is worthy to lift it, he is. I think supermans reaction time if he went all out would be way to much for thor. Thor with odins powers could beat superman, but not regular thor.

Maxim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Maxim

Fair enough. But so help me god, the day I see a cross-over where Superman beats Silver Surfer is the day I start writing hate mail. I like DC, but I have a unbridled hatred of Superman. They have to downplay the rest of DC to make him look good. I mean WTF? Martian Manhunter would tear him to shreds in a fight anyway....

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Forever

Gladiator would get crushed.

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Valkaad says:

"I hate to say this, becuase I have already said it on this same battle. Superman wins and its relatively easy. Gladiator cannot compete!! Gladiator is from marvel, meaning that he can lift at best 150 possibly 200 tons (and 200 is stretching it) while even an average superman (not his most powerful incarnation) can lift probably 250,000 tons. This is a CURBSTOMP!"

I agree with everything minus the Marvel thing. Most of earth marvel can only pick up 200 tons. Hulk stopped 150 billion tons from crushing in mid air. He wasn't even angry.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

This battle has been done before, within the last 2 months.

It was a long discussion and most of the submitters agreed that Superman wins.

A few did not - basically because they thought that Gladiator's strength should be equal to Supermans.

JBElliott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JBElliott

Gladiator lost his confidence when Reed Richards tricked him. Gladiator is way to delicate to really give Superman a good fight. Superman wins.

Whatever you might say about Superman and Thor's hammer, it happened.

Superman beat Hulk (a few times).

Superman beat Thor.

Superman would beat Gladiator.

Avatar image for legendary_bio_vishanti
Legendary Bio Vishanti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gladiator would win (because the dude said full power! that makes him strong enough to move planets

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Valkaad

Legendary Bio Vishanti says:

"gladiator would win (because the dude said full power! that makes him strong enough to move planets"

Superman (at full power) can move planets and has been shown to do so. As far as I know Gladiator has only boasted that he can move planets but has never been shown to do so.

E-MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By E-MAN

Thor is a being of Magic,Supes if the writer held true to the powers of both wouldn't stand a chance against a magical being as powerful as Thor. Maxim is right Supes beating thor was a deal between the companies,if Thor were to hit Supes with his hammer or lightening it would take him out since it's all magic. In a fist fight Thor wins because he's a magical being. DC doesn;t like having anyone more powerful than Supes. Look at the Supes vs, Captain Marvel fight on the JLA tv series,Marvel should've either won that fight or gave Supes a better fight than he did. Thats why DC sued and got the rights to Marvel away from Quality years ago.He was more popular at the time and was considered more powerful.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Logic Mark III

Superman can only win if he has the super crappy power of DC writers behind him. In this fight he is dad. Gladiator is AT LEAST equal to him, but i believe him to be better and at his peak as stipulate here Superman is dead. Supes can fly around light speed, Gladiator can travel 100 times faster than light speed. He has survived an explosion capable of destroying half the Milky way galaxy and has destroyed planets with his fists. He is a much better fighter than Superman anyway he has a plethora of alien martial arts to draw upon. Every instance in which Gladiator has been defeated can be chalked down to a few things 1. He isn't really a hero so the laws of 'heroes always win' doesn't apply to him 2. every time he is defeated Marvel are basically shitting on Superman who he is a pastiche of and 3. Writers have come up with silly ways to defeat him in order to make other characters look good.

All in all Gladiator taken seriously is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Superman, and would make that little Kansas boy his b*tch.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By the creator

Logic Mark III says:

"Superman can only win if he has the super crappy power of DC writers behind him. In this fight he is dad. Gladiator is AT LEAST equal to him, but i believe him to be better and at his peak as stipulate here Superman is dead. Supes can fly around light speed, Gladiator can travel 100 times faster than light speed. He has survived an explosion capable of destroying half the Milky way galaxy and has destroyed planets with his fists. He is a much better fighter than Superman anyway he has a plethora of alien martial arts to draw upon. Every instance in which Gladiator has been defeated can be chalked down to a few things 1. He isn't really a hero so the laws of 'heroes always win' doesn't apply to him 2. every time he is defeated Marvel are basically shitting on Superman who he is a pastiche of and 3. Writers have come up with silly ways to defeat him in order to make other characters look good. All in all Gladiator taken seriously is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay above Superman, and would make that little Kansas boy his b*tch."

You need to put aside the the occasional 'idiot' writer at Marvel who does not maintain continuity, so that he writes Gladiator at levels way beyond his displayed capabilities in all his other appearances.

If Gladiator was to display these levels in all his appearances then the argument is a good one, but he does not.

The actions you describe occur infrequently (typically singular occurrences).

In most of his appearances Gladiator has shown strength at levels slightly above, but not significantly greater than those of Thor. How do we know this – because the 2 have fought and the result in their grappling was a stalemate.

We know that Wonderman was close to the strength level of Thor (old style measurements of 95 tonnes to just over 100 tonnes respectively).

However we know these old figures to be very inaccurate but they are useful as guidelines for comparisons between people.

To figure out how strong Gladiator is, lets look to a recent issue of Mighty Avengers. Wonderman stated that he is almost as strong as the Sentry, who by simple deduction must have a similar strength level to Thor then. Sentry was struggling to slow a plummeting helicarrier. The helicarrier reminds me of an airborne battleship and looks to be a similar size. A fully loaded battleship weights around 60,000 tonnes.

If this is what Sentry can lift and by deduction Thor can lift, then lets be generous and Say Gladiator can therefore lift 100,000 tonnes. Remember a figure to support this assumption is the struggle on Gladiator’s face when he was struggling to lift the Baxter Building when he first encountered the FF and the fact that he did not pop the Invisible Woman’s force field that she formed around his head.

If Gladiator possessed the power to move planets or destroy them, then Thor or any of the other adversaries he has faced would stand no chance against him.

These facts support the idea that his true power level is much lower than the isolated incidents mentioned.

If you want to paint a picture of Gladiator’s abilities draw the ‘good in with the bad’ and present a full picture, not a biased one.

Superman on the other hand is capable of lifting more than 2,500,000 tonnes. This figure was the stat published in the original Who’s Who of the DC universe. Since then it appears that he has got stronger, getting boosts on maybe 2 – 3 occasions (the most memorable one being the power boost obtained from the Eradiactor – but most of this was drained by the Parasite).

As you can see from the figures, Superman would appear to be at least 25 times stronger than Gladiator.

In the case of Durability, Gladiator has been seen on numerous occasions to be hurt by blows from his peers, like Thor and hurt by energy blasts projected recently by Vulcan (in X-men).

Therefore blows from Superman should easily hurt Gladiator as he appears to be much stronger.

Superman on the other hand has withstood a 10 Megatonne Nuke (but been Ko’ed by it) and has withstood blows from beings almost as strong as him without serious harm.

Would Gladiator's blows hurt Superman considering his level of strength ?

Superspeed is an interesting area for these two characters. By this I don’t mean flight speed but simply reaction speed and ability to move meaningfully and act multiple times in fractions of a second.

Superman has displayed this ability numerous times, showing the ability to catch sprayed bullets from over a large area or to engage multiple opponents effectively. In this, he can act like a ‘slow’ Flash – operating at literally hundreds of times the reaction and perception speed of a human.

Gladiator is meant to have some degree of super speed but rarely displays it. If he did, many of his fights would end a lot quicker. So in this, again it would appear that Superman is the more powerful.

Flight Speed has some differences. I think that below light speed, for acceleration purposes and the like both characters are probably about equal but Gladiator does possess the ability to upon reaching 98% of light speed, to enter Hyperspace and accelerate to FTL velocities. However in a straight up fight between the 2, will this really help – I doubt it.

Heat Vision – Both can project extreme heat from their eyes. Is one greater than the other – that’s unclear but we have seen Superman at maximum output slag superheavy alien alloys that were designed for space warfare. Without more info, I would tie them in this area.

Both have displayed the various tricks of super strength like icy breath, blow them away breath etc and as such I don’t rate these in to the discussion.

Fighting ability is very important. Gladiator is a trained fighter although he does not seem to have to call upon this skill much as his powers usually guarantee him victory.

Superman is not so skilled – he’s been coached by several skilled martial artists/fighters (i.e. Batman, Gangbuster) but this is at best only basic training.

Without doubt Gladiator would seem to be the better fighter but Superman has faced experienced fighters with vast super powers before and emerged triumphant.

Finally, Gladiator's confidence cannot boost his abilities - they are at a peak but his lack of confidence can reduce his power levels, as demonstrated in Fantastic Four. So when he has fought Thor to a standstill in the past he was at his peak but his power level can only go down - not up.

Overall, with the power levels displayed and their various histories, I can only see Superman winning this.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Tevnoba

Valkaad says:

"I hate to say this, becuase I have already said it on this same battle. Superman wins and its relatively easy. Gladiator cannot compete!! Gladiator is from marvel, meaning that he can lift at best 150 possibly 200 tons (and 200 is stretching it) while even an average superman (not his most powerful incarnation) can lift probably 250,000 tons. This is a CURBSTOMP!"

Sorry Gladiator has lifted the Baxter Building, Can fly through the heart of a star and perform exactly the same feats as Superman. They are equally matched in everyway, that is how Marvel wrote him.

The fight is a draw, unless the publisher's get involved and then it comes down to who will pay who the most money to make their's win.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Logic Mark III

I don't remember struggle in his face lifting the Baxter building. Also he did break out of the force field, which by the way Sue has used to redirect the force of a nuclear blast. Also i did say why Gladiator gets beaten [and therefore in order to have him beaten he has to be vastly underpowered.]The events of those FF issues did show him in a good light and it was in that he was shown to be invulnerable enough to take an explosion capable of destroying half our galaxy [that was Reeds description so screw Supes 10 megaton blast to hell], if that doesn't make him powerful enough to take Supes blows i don't know what does. Being faster than light and thus faster than Superman is an advantage it means he owns flight, Superman is essentially grounded. The comment about his abilities not being boosted is silly, in Uncanny X-men we saw how it can affect him, it made him untouchable to Vulcan an upper echelon telekinetic.Furthermore why do some people on this site disregard things if they only happen once? Gladiator only gets a few appearances it isn't like he gets to repeat a lot of things now is it? Destroying a planet with his fists may have only been shown once but it is valid? How many times has Superman [just Superman not no alternate versions ]by himself moved/crushed planets? If it only happened once will you disregard it?

Basically if Gladiator was a hero he would be all he has shown to be and more, simple truth is he isn't, he is a tool used to advance other characters and to take a stab at Superman, but we can disregard that nonsense and see that he is more than powerful enough to take Superman.

Tevnoba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tevnoba

Post Deleted.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Valkaad

Tevnoba says:

"Valkaad says:
Sorry Gladiator has lifted the Baxter Building, Can fly through the heart of a star and perform exactly the same feats as Superman. They are equally matched in everyway, that is how Marvel wrote him. The fight is a draw, unless the publisher's get involved and then it comes down to who will pay who the most money to make their's win."

Your argument is based on half truths and boasts not facts.

A. He UPROOTED the baxter building he didnt lift it. He barely raised it to waist level if that much. If you have ever lifted weights you know there is a world of difference in a weight you can lift to your waist and one you can press overhead.

B. When he uprooted the Baxter Building he was using Shi'ar technology to help him lift the building because if he wasn't the building would have crumbled under its own weight.

C. You're taking him flying through the heart of stars out of context! The marvel universe says "Gladiator himself has CLAIMED to be capable of moving planets and flying through the heart of stars. He may have been indulging in hyperbole in saying this, for his powers have not been demonstrated to be that great." To my knowledge he has never been shown to move a planet or fly through a star. You are taking his boast and treating it like fact.

D. Superman has been shown in a comic book lifting way over a quintillion tons. He has been shown to move planets. Gladiator on the other hand has not been shown to do any of this.

I love Gladiator, I remember when the FF issue came out where he uprooted the Baxter Building and was in awe. I am not a superman fan! Those two things being said, Gladiator doesn't stand a chance PERIOD!! People will jump on me for saying this, but DC's main characters Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash are WAAYY more powerful than Marvels main characters. Gladiator would have a better shot at beating Wonderwoman or Powergirl than he does superman. Sadly enough, he would lose both of those fights too.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Forever

Valkaad says:

"Tevnoba says:
"Valkaad says:
Sorry Gladiator has lifted the Baxter Building, Can fly through the heart of a star and perform exactly the same feats as Superman. They are equally matched in everyway, that is how Marvel wrote him. The fight is a draw, unless the publisher's get involved and then it comes down to who will pay who the most money to make their's win."
Your argument is based on half truths and boasts not facts. A. He UPROOTED the baxter building he didnt lift it. He barely raised it to waist level if that much. If you have ever lifted weights you know there is a world of difference in a weight you can lift to your waist and one you can press overhead. B. When he uprooted the Baxter Building he was using Shi'ar technology to help him lift the building because if he wasn't the building would have crumbled under its own weight. C. You're taking him flying through the heart of stars out of context! The marvel universe says "Gladiator himself has CLAIMED to be capable of moving planets and flying through the heart of stars. He may have been indulging in hyperbole in saying this, for his powers have not been demonstrated to be that great." To my knowledge he has never been shown to move a planet or fly through a star. You are taking his boast and treating it like fact. D. Superman has been shown in a comic book lifting way over a quintillion tons. He has been shown to move planets. Gladiator on the other hand has not been shown to do any of this. I love Gladiator, I remember when the FF issue came out where he uprooted the Baxter Building and was in awe. I am not a superman fan! Those two things being said, Gladiator doesn't stand a chance PERIOD!! People will jump on me for saying this, but DC's main characters Superman, Wonderwoman, Flash are WAAYY more powerful than Marvels main characters. Gladiator would have a better shot at beating Wonderwoman or Powergirl than he does superman. Sadly enough, he would lose both of those fights too."

LOL You and Creator are doing an excellent job Val. I have nothing to add.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Valkaad

Logic Mark III says:

"I don't remember struggle in his face lifting the Baxter building. Also he did break out of the force field, which by the way Sue has used to redirect the force of a nuclear blast. Also i did say why Gladiator gets beaten [and therefore in order to have him beaten he has to be vastly underpowered.]The events of those FF issues did show him in a good light and it was in that he was shown to be invulnerable enough to take an explosion capable of destroying half our galaxy [that was Reeds description so screw Supes 10 megaton blast to hell], if that doesn't make him powerful enough to take Supes blows i don't know what does. Being faster than light and thus faster than Superman is an advantage it means he owns flight, Superman is essentially grounded. The comment about his abilities not being boosted is silly, in Uncanny X-men we saw how it can affect him, it made him untouchable to Vulcan an upper echelon telekinetic.Furthermore why do some people on this site disregard things if they only happen once? Gladiator only gets a few appearances it isn't like he gets to repeat a lot of things now is it? Destroying a planet with his fists may have only been shown once but it is valid? How many times has Superman [just Superman not no alternate versions ]by himself moved/crushed planets? If it only happened once will you disregard it? Basically if Gladiator was a hero he would be all he has shown to be and more, simple truth is he isn't, he is a tool used to advance other characters and to take a stab at Superman, but we can disregard that nonsense and see that he is more than powerful enough to take Superman."

IF you want to go by things that happen once, have you ever ever seen Gladiator do this? Do you truly think being a marvel character that he could? Note that this is with one hand.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well i have been informed that the All Star Superman is not in the standard continuity for one. And the 'boast' of flying through stars and destroying planets has been shown...i am not in my house so i cant be accurate with the issue at the moment i think i have written it before in another battle [149 or 49 i think]Marvel Comics Presents he does it, and then fights a creature called a Xandarian or something. His feats of strength and endurance are shown. Also so what if he was using Sh'iar tech? Its all internal, i didn't see him holding anything [i don't think it Sh'iar tech though, i believe Reed said it was psionics or his field...like Supes aura stopping it from crumbling]. This is not a Sentry type of claim there is ink on paper to prove he can do these things i have the issue.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Logic Mark III

I would also like to add that he has beaten Hyperion [someone who people have put against Superman on this site] and in his fight with Supreme he stated that they could have destroyed worlds and fought for years i believe. GLADIATOR HAS THIS

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Valkaad

Logic Mark III says:

"Well i have been informed that the All Star Superman is not in the standard continuity for one. And the 'boast' of flying through stars and destroying planets has been shown...i am not in my house so i cant be accurate with the issue at the moment i think i have written it before in another battle [149 or 49 i think]Marvel Comics Presents he does it, and then fights a creature called a Xandarian or something. His feats of strength and endurance are shown. Also so what if he was using Sh'iar tech? Its all internal, i didn't see him holding anything [i don't think it Sh'iar tech though, i believe Reed said it was psionics or his field...like Supes aura stopping it from crumbling]. This is not a Sentry type of claim there is ink on paper to prove he can do these things i have the issue."

I have never seen the comics showing him do those things, but I would like to know which ones they are. From the marvel universe - Reed "theorized that Gladiator's powers were in part psionic, but the theory that he uses technological aids now appears to be the correct one". I agree that Gladiator is an awesomely powerful being, but Superman even in the who's who's which does follow the standard DC continuity, is said to be able to lift 2,500,000 tons. Do you believe Gladiator is anywhere close to that?? Marvel doesn't create non-cosmics that cant even sniff that level of weight.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Valkaad

Logic Mark III says:

"I would also like to add that he has beaten Hyperion [someone who people have put against Superman on this site] and in his fight with Supreme he stated that they could have destroyed worlds and fought for years i believe. GLADIATOR HAS THIS"

Hyperion is extremely tough, but is listed in the marvel universe as lifting 75 tons he's not even in the class 100 range for petes sake. As far as people putting them against one another, people make stupid threads all the time. Hyperion...like Gladiator doesn't stand a chance against supes.

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Logic Mark III

Well it has been theorised he was a herald of Galactus so if it makes ya feel better he may be cosmic can you believe he is that powerful now [besides there are always exceptions to rules]? The issues elude me at this time but it is Marvel Comics Presents and he does this stuff while he is BORED. So imagine him determined and at his peak of confidence.....

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Methos

ok, you're putting Gladiator at his most powerful...

can i assume the same is for Superman?

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"ok, you're putting Gladiator at his most powerful... can i assume the same is for Superman? M"

No please dont assume that. That just wouldn't be fair.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Methos

Forever says:

"Methos says:
"ok, you're putting Gladiator at his most powerful... can i assume the same is for Superman? M"

No please dont assume that. That just wouldn't be fair."

why?

they're saying their character's at the height of his power, why not the opponent as well...

unless they are just looking for a reason to use a depowered Superman to beat on...

M

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Forever

Methos says:

"Forever says:
"Methos says:
No please dont assume that. That just wouldn't be fair."
why? they're saying their character's at the height of his power, why not the opponent as well... unless they are just looking for a reason to use a depowered Superman to beat on... M"

They just want to claim that Gladiator can win, when it is unbelievably obvious that he wouldnt, if you go off of the history of the character. But if you want to give them a relatively fair battle, you would have to allow Gladiator to be powered up to his maximum shown "hinted at" level and have Superman at his average level or below. If you raise Superman anywhere above that, you might as well not even waste your time.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Methos

i just get annoyed at people changing the level of characters strength to suit the battle...

it should be Superman as he is now VS Gladiator as he is now...

if you're altering powers so Gladiator is at full strength, then Superman should be at full strength too to make the fight fair

M

Logic Mark III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Logic Mark III

I don't remember a stipulation that Superman was underpowered...i have writing under that assumption. And stick to the main Superman, not a Super irradiated variant, or a Future enhanced version. I dont see what the harm is in Superman losing a fight. I mean the dude wins most of them whats one?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Methos

Logic Mark III says:

"I don't remember a stipulation that Superman was underpowered...i have writing under that assumption. And stick to the main Superman, not a Super irradiated variant, or a Future enhanced version. I dont see what the harm is in Superman losing a fight. I mean the dude wins most of them whats one?"

no, you're stating that Gladiator is at his full strength... well we know that in full continuity, at full strength, Superman is equal to a God.

so why give Gladiator the 'full confidence' treatment and not give Superman the same consideration?

M

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By acewasp23

Methos says:

"Logic Mark III says:
"I don't remember a stipulation that Superman was underpowered...i have writing under that assumption. And stick to the main Superman, not a Super irradiated variant, or a Future enhanced version. I dont see what the harm is in Superman losing a fight. I mean the dude wins most of them whats one?"
no, you're stating that Gladiator is at his full strength... well we know that in full continuity, at full strength, Superman is equal to a **God**. so why give Gladiator the 'full confidence' treatment and not give Superman the same consideration? M"

because then superman would win lol.