who wins and why?

Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Simon Williams

Gladiator is much stronger, durable, and faster than Thanos. All thanos has is brains and I highly doubt He could beat current Gladiator.

Djokic43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Djokic43
@Simon Williams: Thanos is has alot more than brains, thou it is his greatest power in my book.And as for speed hes defeated the Silver Surfer whos is i beleive the same if not greater speed than gladiator, thanos is pretty durable and with his shields he should be able to go one on one with gladiator...the only thing i think that gladiator has on thanos is strenght and that is also debatable.
Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@Simon Williams said:
" Gladiator is much stronger, durable, and faster than Thanos. All thanos has is brains and I highly doubt He could beat current Gladiator. "
Wrong.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Simon Williams said:
" Gladiator is much stronger, durable, and faster than Thanos. All thanos has is brains and I highly doubt He could beat current Gladiator. "
Current Gladiator...did Gladiator get a power upgrade i'm not aware of?
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Simon Williams
@Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:
Current Gladiator...did Gladiator get a power upgrade i'm not aware of? "
He's not a jobber any more, look what he did to the nova corps, black bolt, vulcan, and the shi-ar guards.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Simon Williams
@Djokic43 said:
" @Simon Williams: Thanos is has alot more than brains, thou it is his greatest power in my book.And as for speed hes defeated the Silver Surfer whos is i beleive the same if not greater speed than gladiator, thanos is pretty durable and with his shields he should be able to go one on one with gladiator...the only thing i think that gladiator has on thanos is strenght and that is also debatable. "
Silver Surfer doesn't use his speed as Gladiator use his in battle, SS relies on his energy manipulation more.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Simon Williams
@Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:
He's not a jobber any more, look what he did to the nova corps, black bolt, vulcan, and the shi-ar guards. "
thanos could do that himself with a hand  tied behind his back "
Major cheerleader. I highly doubt Thanos can survive Black bolt's whisper, look what happened to Apocalypse.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Simon Williams said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:
He's not a jobber any more, look what he did to the nova corps, black bolt, vulcan, and the shi-ar guards. "
Major cheerleader. I highly doubt Thanos can survive Black bolt's whisper, look what happened to Apocalypse. "
I could have sworn Thanos fought Blackbolt already.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Thanos1992 said:
" Thanos
Gladiator gets smacked around the whole fight

No Caption Provided
"
I wish people would stop posting pictures of the pimp slap that didn't hurt anyone.
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Simon Williams said:
I'm with ya
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Simon Williams

Gladiator put up more of a fight against Thor than Thanos.

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Perfect Cell
@Simon Williams said:

This is both a true and false statement. Gladiator is only what you say about him depending on his own confidence of himself and the situations around him. You don't think for an instance, Gladiator doesn't know what Thanos accomplished? He exchanged hits and speed with Champion whom held the Power Gem. Was able to detect the Runner (but not able to lock on) whom welded the Space Gem. I mean, even collecting the Gems from these powerful elders are proof enough that Gladiator doesn't stand a chance alone. He would need an entire team to take out Thanos even without the Infinite Gauntlet.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Simon Williams

I show more where He hurts Thor. Thanos stopped the hammer with energy manipulation or his force field not brute force.

Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
Gladaitor got pawned by tyrant and thats when he had group with him fighting thanos by himself took tyrant 1on1 and still didnt lose as badly as gladator where was his speed or strength in that? "
Agree. 

@Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:
Again: Agree.

@Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:
Major cheerleader. I highly doubt Thanos can survive Black bolt's whisper, look what happened to Apocalypse. "
Ur comparing Thanos to Apocalypse? I doubt Apocalypse would stand a chance aganist the silver surfer whose apocalypse to thanos? apocalypse gets pawned by the brother hood of mutants and x men  mutants that couldnt beat thor or surfer if they teamed up and had years of prep "

I third time agree with You...

@Simon Williams said:
" @Thanos1992 said:
" @Simon Williams said:
" @Vance Astro said:
" @Simon Williams said:

Thanos survive Odin's blows (if You don't know, Odin can destroy -with relative ease - galaxy). If You are still not sure about their  power, SS was KOed by only one of this blows. 

Thanos will destroy Gladiator. Kallark can do nothing to Thanos,but Thanos can release his energy like Galactus (of course in much smaller  scale,but stilll). He is just too durable for guy like Gladiator who is less powerfull than Surfer (and You must remember that old Surfer couldn't really hurt Thanos with planet busting attack).
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Simon Williams
@Perfect Cell said:
" @Simon Williams said:
 This is both a true and false statement. Gladiator is only what you say about him depending on his own confidence of himself and the situations around him. You don't think for an instance, Gladiator doesn't know what Thanos accomplished? He exchanged hits and speed with Champion whom held the Power Gem. Was able to detect the Runner (but not able to lock on) whom welded the Space Gem. I mean, even collecting the Gems from these powerful elders are proof enough that Gladiator doesn't stand a chance alone. He would need an entire team to take out Thanos even without the Infinite Gauntlet. "
Champion is not as fast as Gladiator, and Gladiator destroyed a planet with his bare hands where the champion needed the power gem and had to jump high. Thanos didn't exchange blows he outsmarted. If you're going to bring up the elders, Rulk killed the Grandmaster and He's not as powerful as Gladiator. Thanos is just smarter than him, Gladiator now has shown to have high confidence. Gladiator can beat Thanos by himself.
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Simon Williams: 
Please don't mention Rulk.
You will lose credibility.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Simon Williams
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
" @Simon Williams:  Please don't mention Rulk. You will lose credibility. "
I know I was just showing him the elders are powerful but they still got pwned.
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Simon Williams said:
" @StrongestOneThereIs said:
I know I was just showing him the elders are powerful but they still got pwned. "
You know what was bad about the comic?
Galactus says that Elders powers rivaled his.
He defeats Rulk without trying but the GrandMaster gets killed. (who can't die because of their deal with Death)

Best example of bad writing if i ever saw one.
Simon Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Simon Williams
" @Simon Williams said:
I know I was just showing him the elders are powerful but they still got pwned. "
You know what was bad about the comic? Galactus says that Elders powers rivaled his.He defeats Rulk without trying but the GrandMaster gets killed. (who can't die because of their deal with Death) Best example of bad writing if i ever saw one. "
I know, Leph is screwing up hulk..badly.

Thanos can not hurt Gladiator or even keep up with him. Gladiator wins this.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By czarny_samael666
" @Simon Williams said:
You know what was bad about the comic? Galactus says that Elders powers rivaled his.He defeats Rulk without trying but the GrandMaster gets killed. (who can't die because of their deal with Death) Best example of bad writing if i ever saw one. "
Agree.

@Simon Williams said:
" @Simon Williams said:
I know, Leph is screwing up hulk..badly.  Thanos can not hurt Gladiator or even keep up with him. Gladiator wins this. "

1.Not Leph,but Loeb.
2.Gladiator can do nothing to Thanos, but Thanos can and will defeat Glad in curbstomp.
Lord-Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Lord-Prime

Thanos

Perfect Cell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Perfect Cell
@Simon Williams said:
" @Perfect Cell said:
" @Simon Williams said:
 This is both a true and false statement. Gladiator is only what you say about him depending on his own confidence of himself and the situations around him. You don't think for an instance, Gladiator doesn't know what Thanos accomplished? He exchanged hits and speed with Champion whom held the Power Gem. Was able to detect the Runner (but not able to lock on) whom welded the Space Gem. I mean, even collecting the Gems from these powerful elders are proof enough that Gladiator doesn't stand a chance alone. He would need an entire team to take out Thanos even without the Infinite Gauntlet. "
Champion is not as fast as Gladiator, and Gladiator destroyed a planet with his bare hands where the champion needed the power gem and had to jump high. Thanos didn't exchange blows he outsmarted. If you're going to bring up the elders, Rulk killed the Grandmaster and He's not as powerful as Gladiator. Thanos is just smarter than him, Gladiator now has shown to have high confidence. Gladiator can beat Thanos by himself. "

They did exchange blows initially, until Thanos started to mock him. That's when Champion started to miss Thanos no matter how fast he moved (claiming to be faster than light)  Thanos reaction was litterally light years ahead of Champion's every move. At the every moment Champion hit the Planet for a victory, Thanos was already in orbit awaiting the look on his face.

Sure he out smarted Champion. But the initial fight proved that Thanos was able to keep up with such strength and fighting ability. He wanted Champion to believe that before he lost.

And you have to remember, the entire Marvel Universe (at the time) was tailing Thanos before and after he even completed the Infinity Gauntlet. Battle after battle. And if i recall correctly, aside from an angry Hulk and Drax. A Speedy and powerful Silver Surfer, The Sorcerer Supreme, and ambitious Dr. Doom and Magus. Among them was a courageous Gladiator.
Avatar image for moonknight_lantern
MOONKNIGHT-LANTERN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

how much of an upgrade did glads get?..

vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By vegeta
@Djokic43 said:
" @Simon Williams: Thanos is has alot more than brains, thou it is his greatest power in my book.And as for speed hes defeated the Silver Surfer whos is i beleive the same if not greater speed than gladiator, thanos is pretty durable and with his shields he should be able to go one on one with gladiator...the only thing i think that gladiator has on thanos is strenght and that is also debatable. "

i got a book that thanos fights thor with the power gem and he took alot of abuse and still held his own
Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Glabal500

it be a good fight

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By TifaLockhart

If it happened in a comic, Thanos would give Kal the beating Darkseid should be giving the other Kal.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jashro44

thanos pretty effortlessly...

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Glabal500

kallark is alot stronger then thanos, faster, and a better fighter...

Avatar image for themightyavenger
TheMightyAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheMightyAvenger

Thanos without even trying. Especially if it's current Thanos.

kadeem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By kadeem

Thanos has formidable telepathic abilities. Like Cassandra Nova, Thanos can just attack Gladiator's mind to reduce his confidence leaving him severely weakened.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanos stomps.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#33  Edited By Pharoh_Atem

@venomoushatred1001 said:

Thanos stomps.

Avatar image for venomoushatred1001
venomoushatred1001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glabal500 said:

kallark is alot stronger then thanos, faster, and a better fighter...

No, yes but it won't matter, and No.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Valkaad

This really isn't even close.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

this was a thing ?

SmoothSanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the no dupe thread rule is a pain for the reason that we have to necro threads where the early posts are cringe.

And On-topic, Thanos stomps so hard I can't think of anything clever.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Supermanthor

i really want to know what kind of weed they were smoking ?

every old cv thread is full of crap

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since this is from 2009 my best guess was the Pre-Crisis Superman level Gladiator hype was alive and hadn't been debunked yet.