Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By The Mango
@Sexy Merc said:
" @The Mango said:
" That was dialog, superman was probably exaggerating the power of that punch. "
Previously, they were trading blows with the power of nuclear bombs while they were holding back because of the environment and the fact that Teth just wanted to talk to him and Superman didn't want any civilian to be hurt. "
I don't doubt that. Any superman level character would certainly be able to throw punches more powerful than nuclear explosions. I DO doubt that punch was as powerful as he claimed.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Silver2467
@The Mango said:
" That was dialog, superman was probably exaggerating the power of that punch. "
Not necessarily. When SuperMan and Zod punched each other, they caused earthquakes. They were not even punching the planet, but it was still eventually destroyed. 
sexy_merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By sexy_merc
@The Mango said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" @The Mango said:
Previously, they were trading blows with the power of nuclear bombs while they were holding back because of the environment and the fact that Teth just wanted to talk to him and Superman didn't want any civilian to be hurt. "
I don't doubt that. Any superman level character would certainly be able to throw punches more powerful than nuclear explosions. I DO doubt that punch was as powerful as he claimed. "
He has moved a planet with the aid of Hal Jordan controlling it's alteration in order for it to not be unbalanced and crushed under his own weight as well as trading shots with Zod (?) and the impact of their punches were shattering a planet, as well as him being able to at least move 1/3 of Earth. If you do doubt him being that powerful, it's more of a personal issue, no offense.
Avatar image for czarny_samael666
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:

" @czarny_samael said:

" 2.Read the narration in scan. Also, I don't know how big was this planet, but I am trying to deny Your argument about not knowing the size of planet. All destroying-planet feats should be considered the same, until it is said that this planet is bigger/smaller than Earth. 
5.I know that SN produce many kinds of energy, but it is eaiser for Supe than for any others, because he can absorb part of it when others can't. Supernove can destroy solar system and this nova could destroy half of it, but there are two things for Glad. a) he take all this power on his body, not only a part of it & b) it didn't harm him. Third, I need to see this Supe feat.

Still, Superman is better if we are talking about lifitng/pulling something (1/3 of a planet > big asteroids/Baxter Building) , but Gladiator is better if we are talking about destroying objects (planet > moon).
@Fist_of_Mandalore said:

"   Once again I'm not really arguing Glads wins, but I think he is stronger than what is being admitted to.  "
Exactly the same. Gardner maybe will win, maybe not, I am not sure about it yet, but Gladiator should be considered as a big threat for him and herald/Superman level character. "
2. And as I said, he thrashed at it consistently and used his heat vision. It was not instantaneous destruction. It was a very impressive feat, but I have seen greater feats. 5. SuperMan cannot absorb any of it. Supernova energy outbursts are not the equivalent of solar energy emissions. SuperMan was very close to a supernova, and it only managed to knock him out for a short time. Besides, SuperMan has flown into a double hole completely unharmed. That trumps Gladiator's feat anyway.   That is not necessarily true. It was a dark matter moon that he destroyed in one hit. It's different particle mass is what knocked him out; otherwise it was PIS as he has taken worse. Gladiator destroyed a planet after thrashing on it consistently. There is a difference in those instances.  "
2.I was talking about Hyperion scan.
5."Besides, SuperMan has flown into a double hole completely unharmed" - I don't get it.You mean black hole? Gladiator flown into star and he wasn't even hurt by this.
And the point is - Glad is in his level, not that Gladiator can defeat him. Supe can be better than him, but it will be like Morg>Firelord, not like Surfer>Hulk. Both, Superman and Gladiator showed great strength, speed, reflex, laser vision and durability. If we can agree with this, it should be a time when we can back to Gardner and his best feats.
P.S. Gladiator didn't use his vision to destroy the planet, he used it to find a planet without life.
P.S.2.I would like to see metioned Supe feats.
BattleMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By BattleMage

GLADIATOR

Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael said: 
5."Besides, SuperMan has flown into a double hole completely unharmed" - I don't get it.You mean black hole? Gladiator flown into star and he wasn't even hurt by this.
And the point is - Glad is in his level, not that Gladiator can defeat him. Supe can be better than him, but it will be like Morg>Firelord, not like Surfer>Hulk. Both, Superman and Gladiator showed great strength, speed, reflex, laser vision and durability. If we can agree with this, it should be a time when we can back to Gardner and his best feats. P.S. Gladiator didn't use his vision to destroy the planet, he used it to find a planet without life. P.S.2.I would like to see metioned Supe feats. "
2. It makes no difference. Hyperion is not on SuperMan's level either. 
5. No, I mean a double black hole. There were actually two that he was inside. Flying into a star is no nearly as impressive as flying into a black hole. Besides, SuperMan flew through a red star, and red star radiation weakens him.  
Gladiator cannot measure up with SuperMan. SuperMan and Zod destroyed a planet by punching each other. Gladiator destroyed a planet by smashing the planet itself. Gladiator lifted a meteor. SuperMan moved Mageddon. Gladiator has taken a  nova. SuperMan has gone in and out of a double black hole. They are not comparable. Top tier Green Lanterns>SuperMan>Gladiator. 
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael: By the way, I do not have a scanner. If you require scans, you will either have to ask someone else or wait for me to find scans that have already been posted elsewhere. 
Pr_Beyonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Pr_Beyonder
@GreenLantern555 said:
" @Pr_Beyonder said:
" @GreenLantern555: how so :o? "
Cause you said that you were called a troll for bringing up Divine Spawn like five minutes before on one of my threads before you posted this. ;-) It was funny.  "

Oh =P 
I thought you meant I was trolling since I had an invalid point . Divine Spawn was just an easy case to remember and use as an example =].
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:

" @czarny_samael said: 

And the point is - Glad is in his level, not that Gladiator can defeat him. Supe can be better than him, but it will be like Morg>Firelord, not like Surfer>Hulk. Both, Superman and Gladiator showed great strength, speed, reflex, laser vision and durability. If we can agree with this, it should be a time when we can back to Gardner and his best feats. P.S. Gladiator didn't use his vision to destroy the planet, he used it to find a planet without life. P.S.2.I would like to see metioned Supe feats. "
2. It makes no difference. Hyperion is not on SuperMan's level either. 5. No, I mean a double black hole. There were actually two that he was inside. Flying into a star is no nearly as impressive as flying into a black hole. Besides, SuperMan flew through a red star, and red star radiation weakens him.  Gladiator cannot measure up with SuperMan. SuperMan and Zod destroyed a planet by punching each other. Gladiator destroyed a planet by smashing the planet itself. Gladiator lifted a meteor. SuperMan moved Mageddon. Gladiator has taken a  nova. SuperMan has gone in and out of a double black hole. They are not comparable. Top tier Green Lanterns>SuperMan>Gladiator.  "
2.The narration in the scan. It said that they "produced planet pulverizing forces"
5.Flying into BH is better than flying into star, but it isn't more impress than taking nova that can destroy half of solar system. Green Lantern maybe can defeat Supe, but this doesn't mean that they are taking all his feats for themselves. U-Foes KO'd Thor, but they can't destroy a planet or take such blasts on them just by this fight.
6.I need scans because this feats are really big so I would like to read them and maybe copy them.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael said: 
2.The narration in the scan. It said that they "produced planet pulverizing forces" 5.Flying into BH is better than flying into star, but it isn't more impress than taking nova that can destroy half of solar system. Green Lantern maybe can defeat Supe, but this doesn't mean that they are taking all his feats for themselves. U-Foes KO'd Thor, but they can't destroy a planet or take such blasts on them just by this fight. 6.I need scans because this feats are really big so I would like to read them and maybe copy them. "
2. So? Hyperion still has no feats that put him on par with SuperMan. 
5. Black holes are often times larger than galaxies, and given that SuperMan flew into two, yes, it was more impressive. Green Lanterns can destroy planets though, and they have contained supernovas before using their shields. 
6. Either ask someone else, or wait for me to find them, because I do not have a scanner. For me to post scans, I would have to search for scans that have been posted on various forums. 
victorymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By victorymaker

Definitely Gladiator. His feats put him above Guy Gardner.

Destroying a planet
Reacting at nanosecond speed fighting against Hyperion
Flying through a star

Just to name a few. I don't see Guy Gardner winning.

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael said: 
2.The narration in the scan. It said that they "produced planet pulverizing forces" 5.Flying into BH is better than flying into star, but it isn't more impress than taking nova that can destroy half of solar system. Green Lantern maybe can defeat Supe, but this doesn't mean that they are taking all his feats for themselves. U-Foes KO'd Thor, but they can't destroy a planet or take such blasts on them just by this fight. 6.I need scans because this feats are really big so I would like to read them and maybe copy them. "
2. So? Hyperion still has no feats that put him on par with SuperMan. 5. Black holes are often times larger than galaxies, and given that SuperMan flew into two, yes, it was more impressive. Green Lanterns can destroy planets though, and they have contained supernovas before using their shields. 6. Either ask someone else, or wait for me to find them, because I do not have a scanner. For me to post scans, I would have to search for scans that have been posted on various forums.  "
2.This is a prove that both of them can destroy a planet.
5.And often they're not. And as with Quasar, brute strength will be more efective against them than supernova. 
6.Ok.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael said: 
2. So? Hyperion still has no feats that put him on par with SuperMan. 5. Black holes are often times larger than galaxies, and given that SuperMan flew into two, yes, it was more impressive. Green Lanterns can destroy planets though, and they have contained supernovas before using their shields. 6. Either ask someone else, or wait for me to find them, because I do not have a scanner. For me to post scans, I would have to search for scans that have been posted on various forums.  "
2.This is a prove that both of them can destroy a planet. 5.And often they're not. And as with Quasar, brute strength will be more efective against them than supernova.  6.Ok. "
2. SuperMan and Zod destroyed a planet by punching each other during For Tomorrow.  
5. Double black hole>nova. That is my last word on the matter. Besides, given SuperMan's absorption of the Mageddon warhead and his supernova feat, it is nothing that would lead me to assume Gladiator is superior to SuperMan or Guy Gardner. 
czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael said:
" @Silver2467 said:
" @czarny_samael said: 
2.This is a prove that both of them can destroy a planet. 5.And often they're not. And as with Quasar, brute strength will be more efective against them than supernova.  6.Ok. "
2. SuperMan and Zod destroyed a planet by punching each other during For Tomorrow.  5. Double black hole>nova. That is my last word on the matter. Besides, given SuperMan's absorption of the Mageddon warhead and his supernova feat, it is nothing that would lead me to assume Gladiator is superior to SuperMan or Guy Gardner.  "
2.So this two feats are even.
5.This is not the point of this debate. I said before that my point is: Gladiator is in their level. Superman maybe will win with him, but not easily. This will be a hard fight and if they will be in teams, result of this fight won't give any site an advantage in final score. For example: Hal Jordan & Superman & Cap. Marvel vs. Gladiator & Quasar & Ronan - DC team will win because Supe vs. Glad - good battle, HJ vs. Quasar - good battle, but CM will defeat Ronan in curbstomp. But when we will replace Ronan with Morg WoL, Marvel will win because M WoL > CM.
Silver2467

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Silver2467
@czarny_samael said: 
2.So this two feats are even. 5.This is not the point of this debate. I said before that my point is: Gladiator is in their level. Superman maybe will win with him, but not easily. This will be a hard fight and if they will be in teams, result of this fight won't give any site an advantage in final score. For example: Hal Jordan & Superman & Cap. Marvel vs. Gladiator & Quasar & Ronan - DC team will win because Supe vs. Glad - good battle, HJ vs. Quasar - good battle, but CM will defeat Ronan in curbstomp. But when we will replace Ronan with Morg WoL, Marvel will win because M WoL > CM. "
2. Alright. It has been trumped by some of SuperMan's other strength feats though. 
5. SuperMan>Gladiator. Far more numerous and superior strength, speed, and durability feats. Top tier Green Lanterns>SuperMan>Gladiator. I have said that before. Gardner wins. 
spidey 15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#67  Edited By spidey 15
@Silver2467 said:
" @Sexy Merc said:
" Guy kills him within morals. "
"
Mighty Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By Mighty Max

Guy Gardner takes this quite easily!

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By czarny_samael666
@Silver2467 said:
" 2. Alright. It has been trumped by some of SuperMan's other strength feats though. 5. SuperMan>Gladiator. Far more numerous and superior strength, speed, and durability feats. Top tier Green Lanterns>SuperMan>Gladiator. I have said that before. Gardner wins.  "
Such a fight wouldn't be easy for Superman. And any winnner of this will do it barely. In speed and durability Gladiator isn't weaker for sure, but Supe should be a little stronger.
And still GG need some scans here to win this fight.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By FinalStar86

Superman would beat Gladiator very easily, Gladiator isn't even light speed without tapping into hyperspace and even then Supes is still leagues faster then he is

Gardner stomps this pathetic knock off

czarny_samael666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By czarny_samael666
@FinalStar86 said:
" Superman would beat Gladiator very easily, Gladiator isn't even light speed without tapping into hyperspace and even then Supes is still leagues faster then he is  Gardner stomps this pathetic knock off "
1.Yes, he is.
2.He showed nanosecond speed reaction in his fight with Hyperion.
FinalStar86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FinalStar86
@czarny_samael: 1. Not without hyperspace.
AworkofArt123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By AworkofArt123

No Caption Provided

I don't understand why Kallark gets no respect in any battle thread. Kallark is a cosmic/herald level powerhouse to be reckoned with, especially when fully confident.  

In no way should Guy "stomp" Kallark. This battle should could go either way
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does anyone have feats for Guy Gardner, which would put him on the same level as Hal, Kyle or John?

Feliciano2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#75  Edited By Feliciano2040
@Sexy Merc said:
@The Last Son Of Krypton said:
" why? "
Because he is durable enough to create shields that block Superman level characters, can casually exceed light with no problem, took out Kilowog and numerous Rocket Reds by himself, one-shot several Sinestro Corps members, stalemating the Eradicator, etc. Gladiator has no right to even look at Guy.
I like you.
Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#76  Edited By Ruvik_

gladiator
Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#77  Edited By Kallarkz

First thread I've seen where people are actually advocating for Guy Gardner.

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Does anyone have feats for Guy Gardner, which would put him on the same level as Hal, Kyle or John?
Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Cochise

Guy wins. He is much more versatile. His shields can stand up to Gladiator, he's fast enough to engage him in combat, he has better ranged attacks, he can throw him through a wormhole,... I'm betting the ring can scan Glads and generate that radiation that robs him of his powers too.

sa5m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By sa5m

Guy Gardner I believe =)

crackerjack82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By crackerjack82

I lean towards Guy here, but is marvel lets gladiator keep going in his current direction, it may head the other way, but right now GUY

Avatar image for travistouchdown
TravisTouchdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bump

Avatar image for deactivated-5b2e798651249
deactivated-5b2e798651249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Guy Gardner.

serrure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 17

why the heck would anyone bump this old thread... and then be blatantly wrong while bumping it

Apocalypse3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

Avatar image for heirtothekingdom
HeirToTheKingdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy gets punched out..again

MasterKungFu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 11

could go either way, siding with gladiator but if guy is persistent enough he could win in a long tough fight

Jestersmiles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By Jestersmiles
lukas12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator.

Avatar image for jedisupermaster
Jedisupermaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy Gardner wins.

Avatar image for eternalgrandmaster
EternalGrandMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah!! I have plenty of GL Books...They will always for the most part get their ass handed to them by a Powerful speeding flying brick, w/o prep or major skill in Will Power or amp

I like Guy Gardner he's a badass but Gladiator @100% isn't going to be K.O by any if his constructs, and with his speed he'll break Gardner in two after a decent struggle.

Ultragreenboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guy still sucks.

Avatar image for deactivated-652b01b81dedd
deactivated-652b01b81dedd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gladiator destroys.

The_Titan_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Glads.

Avatar image for underdogsupporter
UnderdogSupporter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Guy Guardner

Strike3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Strike3

@cochise:

Wishful thinking there. A GL ring scanning and creating weaknesses? The ring isn't Firestorm or Silver Surfer. GLs are versatile, and still have trouble with opponents with the Superman type power set.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

#97  Edited By KrleAvenger

@strike3: You do realize you are replying to a user who hasn't been posting anything for more than a year? Also that comment is six and a half years old so why in God's name would you even bother reading it, even less start an argument on an old thread over it? It is a pointless bump.

Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
ITouchedTheBoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunna side with Gladiator mainly because I hate Guy

APEX_pretador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Gladiator

RR79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strike3 said:

@cochise:

Wishful thinking there. A GL ring scanning and creating weaknesses? The ring isn't Firestorm or Silver Surfer. GLs are versatile, and still have trouble with opponents with the Superman type power set.

Why would you reply to a 6 and a half year old post?