Post Edited:2007-07-26 23:24:32

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zee crusher

gladiator hes stronger may not have as many powers but hey hes better in my opinion.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Ya I was also thinking Gladiator would win, but Cap would put up a hell of a fight.
Post Edited:2007-07-26 23:26:21

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zee crusher

i agree hed probably use the thunder at least once lol although wont have as much effect as it did sups but hed put up a fight sorta like hyperion.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

LoL ya it would be a good fight one I would like to see.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator

Capt Marvel should win due to his far higher strength, higher durability and faster reaction/speed.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

Idk though if Big g is confident enough he could take the win he is stronger in brute force but like you said not as fast.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the creator

SeanAKAMisery says:

"Idk though if Big g is confident enough he could take the win he is stronger in brute force but like you said not as fast."

Is Gladiator Stronger than Thor or the Sentry ?

If the answer is no or not by much, then we have recently seen the Sentry reach a strength limit at slowing down a falling helicarrier. If the hellicarrier weights around the same region as a naval destroyer (so about 200k tonnes) then this would be a good idea of Gladiator's strength as well (I tend to ignore the one off crap writer comics which show he can more planets... if he could do that then no character he has fought would have a chance like Thor or the Silver Surfer - which contradicts dozens of his other appearances).

Gladiator has been hurt by punches from characters of his own or a slightly lower strength level.

Gladiator also has not been shown that often to move/react in a DC Flash like super-speedster manner.

Captain Marvel on the other hand is pretty much a physical equal to DC's Superman, so capable of lifting at least 2.5 M tonnes (over 10x more than Gladiator). His physical durability allows him to withstand blows from opponents as strong as him - so therefore could Gladiator hurt him.

As shown several times, Capt Marvel has the speed of Mercury - so he can move and act like the Flash.

Plus he has the Wisdom of Solomon to call on if things get tight and he needs an idea to help him win through (should he need one).

I don't ignore the fact that the high end of Gladiator's powers are supported by self belief. However the original concept for the character as stated in the handbooks of the time were quite lear on this point - although his power level could fall due to self doubt - he could not pump up beyond his normal shown maximum levels by believing he could win. If that was the case, a good dose of self hypnosis and he could beat anyone but he can't - do you see my point.

SeanAKAMisery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SeanAKAMisery

I love when you debate on here i see your point Big G will have a hell of a time fighting Cap, but whatever you say I still would not count Big G out of the fight. Cap has many more powers and as u stated stronger and faster but as long as Big G's confidence stays up and does not drop he mite be able to pull it off or a least put up a good fight.

Sling Shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Sling Shot

Gladiator is susceptible to Cap Shazam's Wisdom of Solomon. With this Cap would fing a way to exploit Gladiator's self-image problem diminishing his power and rendering beatable.

Because Cap's alter-ego is Billy I think historically writer's have done a p[oor job of utilizing his Wisdom power, but I guess you need wisdom to know how to write it...

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By zee crusher

captian marvel aint no 10 times stronger then gladiator that would mean he lifts 1000 more tons thats way off plus hes not that durable hes taken hits from superman and been brusied gladator has taken hit from thor and had t get taken otu by his hammer gdiator can go faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact you cant in an issue he did it before and destroyed one with hsi fist the reason thor stand a chanec becauses hes very strong hssi hammer wighs thousands of tons hes broken things stronger then admantium and adamntium its self with hsi bear hands so shazamns speed is nothing he cant counter his durability is still nothiggn gldiator has destroyed planets with his fist shazam nothing and his lasaer visison even burned hulk gladiator wins lastly theyve said shazams abotu supermans lvlv in strength anyway.
Post Edited:2007-07-27 07:36:47
Post Edited:2007-07-27 07:37:11

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Eternal Chaos

Hmmmmmm. Gladiator is extremely powerful and is confidence dictates is power levels. It's possible Shazam can over power Gladiator, but Shazam doesn't seem very threatening so Gladiator seeing Shazam would have an instant confidence boost. So I'm gonna go with Gladiator.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By Forever

Eternal Chaos says:

"Hmmmmmm. Gladiator is extremely powerful and is confidence dictates is power levels. It's possible Shazam can over power Gladiator, but Shazam doesn't seem very threatening so Gladiator seeing Shazam would have an instant confidence boost. So I'm gonna go with Gladiator."

You're forgetting that Captain Marvel is on Superman's level while Gladiator is well below that in everything. Creator illustrated it very nicely earlier in this thread.

jhniner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jhniner

Currently Cap is the guardian of magic as he is both Captain Marvel and SHAZAM,he would win.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valkaad

Sling Shot says:

"Gladiator is susceptible to Cap Shazam's Wisdom of Solomon. With this Cap would fing a way to exploit Gladiator's self-image problem diminishing his power and rendering beatable. Because Cap's alter-ego is Billy I think historically writer's have done a p[oor job of utilizing his Wisdom power, but I guess you need wisdom to know how to write it..."

Good point. With the critical thinking ability and wisdom of a god, he should really be great at pyschologically breaking down his opponents.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By the creator

Eternal Chaos says:

"Hmmmmmm. Gladiator is extremely powerful and is confidence dictates is power levels. It's possible Shazam can over power Gladiator, but Shazam doesn't seem very threatening so Gladiator seeing Shazam would have an instant confidence boost. So I'm gonna go with Gladiator."

As I mentioned earlier, Gladiator cannot simply continue to boost his power levels through self belief.

His very high power levels just diminish through lack of self belief.

Imagine that to operate at 100% power output he needs to a high self-belief but when he experiences self doubt all of his power levels (strength, speed, durability) all drop to say 50%. This is how his powers were portrayed over many years. For examp,e when he fought the Fantastic Four and Reed / Sue may he self doubt.

Gladiator does have a maximum output (demonstrated when he fought Thor) but this level can only drop.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By the creator

zee crusher says:

"captian marvel aint no 10 times stronger then gladiator that would mean he lifts 1000 more tons thats way off plus hes not that durable hes taken hits from superman and been brusied gladator has taken hit from thor and had t get taken otu by his hammer gdiator can go faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact you cant in an issue he did it before and destroyed one with hsi fist the reason thor stand a chanec becauses hes very strong hssi hammer wighs thousands of tons hes broken things stronger then admantium and adamntium its self with hsi bear hands so shazamns speed is nothing he cant counter his durability is still nothiggn gldiator has destroyed planets with his fist shazam nothing and his lasaer visison even burned hulk gladiator wins lastly theyve said shazams abotu supermans lvlv in strength anyway.
Post Edited:2007-07-27 07:37:11"

So Cap is not durable because he's only taken blows from Superman.....

And Thor's hammer weighs thousands of tonnes.....

And Thor has broken things stronger than Adamantium and Adamantium it's self......

And we refer back to Gladiator destroying planets.......

Please check your facts before posting.

jhniner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jhniner

Captain Marvel would be on the short list of most powerful along with Superman,Hulk, so if it comes down to strength Gladiator is at a disadvantage.

GambitO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GambitO

CAPTAIN MARVEL this in a bigger level

that GLADIATOR

CAPTAIN MARVEL this at the level of SUPERMAN

and I don't believe that GLADIATOR

this at that level

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By zee crusher

The_Creator says:

"zee crusher says:
"captian marvel aint no 10 times stronger then gladiator that would mean he lifts 1000 more tons thats way off plus hes not that durable hes taken hits from superman and been brusied gladator has taken hit from thor and had t get taken otu by his hammer gdiator can go faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact you cant in an issue he did it before and destroyed one with hsi fist the reason thor stand a chanec becauses hes very strong hssi hammer wighs thousands of tons hes broken things stronger then admantium and adamntium its self with hsi bear hands so shazamns speed is nothing he cant counter his durability is still nothiggn gldiator has destroyed planets with his fist shazam nothing and his lasaer visison even burned hulk gladiator wins lastly theyve said shazams abotu supermans lvlv in strength anyway.
So Cap is not durable because he's only taken blows from Superman..... And Thor's hammer weighs thousands of tonnes..... And Thor has broken things stronger than Adamantium and Adamantium it's self...... And we refer back to Gladiator destroying planets....... Please check your facts before posting. "

Im sorry i did check ym facts you need to check your gladiators powers droped while fightign the ff4 because reed had a machine its pretty obvioust he would and yes thor has in comic thors broken secondary damntium capables with his bear hands hes also broken celestial armor with a certain hit i forgot and thats stronger then admantium seeing as how their thousands of years ahead of humans in technology so please shut the shit up with you saying "get your facts striaght" or "please stop making stuff up"

I dont make anything i say up i dont feel like wastign time putting down the issue but if thats what it will take to make you stop saying that then next time i will put down the issue's besides gldiators stronger then superman supprman evern break a planet with his bear hands no fly through hearts of stars yeah once but cant do it any more. Also why do people think supermans that stronge superman isnt that stronge yu all know why its because were not talkign about golden age superman that could go to our sun and stop a nuke with a super yell or voice were talking about rgular superman thats not very stronge shazam isnt very strong gladiator wins in strength and speed.

Reject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Reject

zee crusher says:

"The_Creator says:
"zee crusher says:
"captian marvel aint no 10 times stronger then gladiatorthat would mean he lifts 1000 more tons thats way off plus hes not thatdurable hes taken hits from superman and been brusied gladator hastaken hit from thor and had t get taken otu by his hammer gdiator cango faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact youcant in an issue he did it before and destroyed one with hsi fist thereason thor stand a chanec becauses hes very strong hssi hammer wighsthousands of tons hes broken things stronger then admantium andadamntium its self with hsi bear hands so shazamns speed is nothing hecant counter his durability is still nothiggn gldiator has destroyedplanets with his fist shazam nothing and his lasaer visison even burnedhulk gladiator wins lastly theyve said shazams abotu supermans lvlv instrength anyway.
SoCap is not durable because he's only taken blows from Superman..... AndThor's hammer weighs thousands of tonnes..... And Thor has brokenthings stronger than Adamantium and Adamantium it's self...... And werefer back to Gladiator destroying planets....... Please check yourfacts before posting. "

Im sorry i did check ym facts you need to check your gladiators powers

droped while fightign the ff4 because reed had a machine its pretty

obvioust he would and yes thor has in comic thors broken secondary

damntium capables with his bear hands hes also broken celestial armor

with a certain hit i forgot and thats stronger then admantium seeing as

how their thousands of years ahead of humans in technology so please

shut the shit up with you saying "get your facts striaght" or "please

stop making stuff up"

I dont make anything i say up i dont feel like wastign time putting

down the issue but if thats what it will take to make you stop saying

that then next time i will put down the issue's besides gldiators

stronger then superman supprman evern break a planet with his bear

hands no fly through hearts of stars yeah once but cant do it any more.

Also why do people think supermans that stronge superman isnt that

stronge yu all know why its because were not talkign about golden age

superman that could go to our sun and stop a nuke with a super yell or

voice were talking about rgular superman thats not very stronge shazam

isnt very strong gladiator wins in strength and speed."

Youre thinking about Silver Age Superman not Golden Age. Golden Age was in the 30s, 40s and 50s and Superman became really powerful in the Silver age, 70s and 80s.

But Gladiator was always around Thor's strength which is really really strong in Marvel, but wouldn't be all that strong compared to a DC character. They had lowered Superman's strength for a while in the late 80s early 90s but he's going back up to his higher level showings. Even when his strength was lowered he was stronger than the stronger Marvel characters. So Captain Marvel should be able to beat Gladiator.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zee crusher

It only dependw ich superman shazam is as strong as and thank you for the correction i did feel sorta wrong saying that lol but thor is stronger then superman not by far but by alot gldiator same can be said of him Thor's hammer is capable of shattering entire Mountains- Thor-#156, pulverizing small Planetoids (see Thor#400), could shake an entire planet (see Thor#388), or even destroy an entire World- Thor-#125. With just a hard tap (with the hammer) Thor completely broke Loki's arm. Thor simply holds back against his opponent because he doesn't want to take a life- see Thor#305. However, when he decides to end someone’s existence he could do it with just a single blow-See Thor’s-#374, where he killed the Super-Strong Mutant Block-Buster with just a blow from Mjolnir. To really analyze the full strength of Thor’s hammer- in Thor#388, Thor shook the planet Pangoria without even hitting the surface of the planet (the Celestial Exitar took the hit). What this mean is: that you can drop a dozen Hydrogen Bombs in one single place, or point, and that still wouldn't shake a whole planet. B) Also, the power within the hammer can, also, destroy an entire World- Fantastic Four-#339. In fact, the full power of the hammer can radiate with the energy of a THOUSAND SUNS…enough to even destroy an Entity such as Surtur. Thor stated AFFIRMATIVELY that this incomprehensible energy gathered by his hammer would have, indeed, destroyed Surtur… the eldest, and probably the most powerful Elemental in the Marvel Universe. Only the Twighlight Sword saved Surtur from destruction-Thor-#351 Thor is the strongest pound for pound Superhero in the Marvel Universe. It's true that the Hulk is just as strong as Thor, but he probably weights twice as much. There’re many unparallel feats of Thor’s strength that should be worth mentioning. For instance, A) In Thor-#94- with just a slight pressure from Thor’s little finger he toppled leaning Tower of Pisa; B) in Thor-#95, Thor easily ripped apart the door of a special constructed safe that could resist a Ton (2,000 lbs.) of TNT; C) Thor sculpted a hammer from an Alien Tank by compressing together Tons of the Armor plating-Thor-#281, and tossed a Giant Alien Tank a significant distance as if were just a simple toy-Avengers-#219; D) Thor towed away a broken Jetliner full of passengers by flying it out of the Celestial stronghold in South America-Thor-#284. E) Thor, with his enormous strength, broke through wrap-around cables made of an alloy of Adamantiun-Thor-#309. F) Thor lifted and balanced a 40 plus story Building along with Cranes on top of the Building-Thor-#391; G) Thor towed the Entire Avengers Hydrobase-Avengers-#301, H) Thor with his strength closed a fissure that he created in the Planets crust, and then he proceeded by sealing Loki in it under millions Tons of Earth with the might of his limb-Avengers West Coast-#55; I) Thor sent an Alien with such physical force that he went literally flying through Earth’s Orbit and straight outside our Solar System-JIM-#90; J) Thor lifted the Midgard Serpent which girds the entire Earth and holds the Ocean in place-Thor-#272.

Uses his fingers to gouge a Uru hammer out of a boulder of pure Uru.

Flies three times the speed of light.

Thats way more compared to anythign superman demonstrated in DC even in silver age superman the best thign he did with strength was move a planet thats it nothign else in terms of strength that i know of gldiator is stronger then shazam just as thor is stronger then superman although superman fans will bring up the fake thor vs superman fight.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By the creator

zee crusher says:

"The_Creator says:
"zee crusher says:
So Cap is not durable because he's only taken blows from Superman..... And Thor's hammer weighs thousands of tonnes..... And Thor has broken things stronger than Adamantium and Adamantium it's self...... And we refer back to Gladiator destroying planets....... Please check your facts before posting. "
Im sorry i did check ym facts you need to check your gladiators powers droped while fightign the ff4 because reed had a machine its pretty obvioust he would and yes thor has in comic thors broken secondary damntium capables with his bear hands hes also broken celestial armor with a certain hit i forgot and thats stronger then admantium seeing as how their thousands of years ahead of humans in technology so please shut the shit up with you saying "get your facts striaght" or "please stop making stuff up" I dont make anything i say up i dont feel like wastign time putting down the issue but if thats what it will take to make you stop saying that then next time i will put down the issue's besides gldiators stronger then superman supprman evern break a planet with his bear hands no fly through hearts of stars yeah once but cant do it any more. Also why do people think supermans that stronge superman isnt that stronge yu all know why its because were not talkign about golden age superman that could go to our sun and stop a nuke with a super yell or voice were talking about rgular superman thats not very stronge shazam isnt very strong gladiator wins in strength and speed."

I ask you qualify things but because you don’t mention the relevant facts, not to attack you. You mention isolated incidents that can be attributed to fanboy writers but ignore the consistency of appearances over a long time.

Oh and please keep the expletives out of you emails in future. They are not needed and detract from the strength of your argument.

You originally said that Thor had broken Adamantium and things stronger than Adamantium.

You have now just qualified that Thor actually only broke secondary adamantium cables – that is a feat I know he is more than capable of as he has destroyed knockoff Ultrons made of secondary adamantium. Could he break celestials armour without it being special circumstances ? No, I don’t think so. As shown in Thor #300 when he was but a fly to the celestials – his best attacks where pretty much ignored.

Breaking secondary adamantium is feat that a number of heroes can do as it’s strength pales in to insignificance against true adamantium. Thor only managed to dent Capt America’s shield that is an alloy of Adamantium (admittedly perhaps an even stronger metal than true adamantium if that’s possible) when he used the Odin power channelled through his hammer. So without the Odin power he has no chance of damaging true adamantium as has been shown in his battles with later Ultron bodies.

Back in the eighties when DC relaunched their universe – post Crisis on Infinite Earths – Superman was quoted as being able to lift at least 2.5 million tonnes. Now we know that he has had an occasional power boost since then. For instance when he began gaining power after being repowered by the Eradicator. We know that the Parasite bled off the energy but did he remove all the extra power ?

I don’t think he did and subsequently to this it does appear that Superman is in fact more powerful.

Superman is also capable of Surviving a 10 megatonne Nuke – it did KO him but he survived intact.

Capt Marvel can pretty much equal these physical feats. In fact in recent comics, we have seen that his Flight and potentially reaction speed might even exceed that of Supermans as he does have the speed of Mercury – a Greek god.

I don’t like using Universe cross-overs as they are not accurate as they have to appeal to a wider fan base but Superman defeated Thor in the Avengers/JLA crossover. If he could do it then so could Capt Marvel, even without heat vision as Thor had an advantage in this fight as his hammer is magical and as such would do more damage to Superman than Capt Marvel.

Gladiator has tangled with Thor on more than one occasion and no clear winner emerged.

So by weighing this eveidence and using Thor as a yardstick, Capt Marvel should triumph.

I don’t ignore that Gladiator ‘broke a planet with his bare hands’ or ‘flew through the heart of stars’. I just simple look at all of his appearances over time and weight them up to counterbalance fanboy writing that obviously breaks from a characters power level ‘history’. If he could rip planets apart then no hero or villain he ever faced would have a chance against him.

Take the recent Rise of the Shiar Empire story in X-men. Would Vulcan have been able to even remotely slow Gladiator down ? No way.

What about Gladiator’s appearance in the fight against Tyrant ? Surely a being able to destroy planets would have been able to put up a better fight than a herald of Galactus since they cannot destroy a planet in so easy a manner.

What about all the fights Gladiator has had against other peers like Thor. Surely it would have been very one sided as Thor is no where near powerful enough to destroy a planet.

All the handbooks quantify Gladiator’s strength as being above the Class 100 tonne level. This pitches him at the same level as Thor (but perhaps a bit stronger to offset Thor hammer enhancing his own blows). The time when he Gladiator started to uproot the entire Baxter building, Reed Richards theorised that Gladiator’s power level may have been boosted by externally technological sources.

However subsequent strength feats shown by peers of Gladiator would seem to indicate that he did perform this feat (the building likely weighs a couple of hundred thousand tonnes).

As I said based on all of his appearances it would seem that Gladiator is similar in strength to Thor. Thor in turn is say 20% stronger than Wonderman who is roughly of similar strength to the Thing.

Can the Thing or Wonderman tear a planet up ? Certainly not, and if Gladiator is at most 50% stronger than either of these 2 individuals then he is far from strong enough to destroy a planet.

Wonderman said in a recent issue of the Mighty Avengers that he was as strong as the Sentry (or almost as strong). I don’t think he is lying as he was always considered to be almost a strong as Thor. In that case Sentry should be close to Thor in strength and with this simple deduction we see that Sentry can lift around 200 kilotonnes (from my original email – the estimated weight of a helicarrier). So if Gladiator is a bit stronger and let’s be generous and say 50% stronger, then he could lift 300 kilotonnes. This is still a lot of weight – it is in fact 300,000 large cars – or a large Shiar space battle cruiser but this pales in to insignificance against Capt Marvel who is at least 10 times stronger.

I am not knocking Gladiator – in the Marvel Universe he is in fact a top tier hero – on the same playing field as Thor and above most heroes originating from Earth but he cannot match the raw power of a top tier DC hero, in this instance Capt Marvel.

All of Capt Marvel’s physical abilities are far greater than Gladiator’s with the sole exception of Flight speed in space where Gladiator can accelerate and enter hyperspace. However as this is not a race through space but a fight, Capt Marvel wins.

I know Gladiator is a skilled fighter but Capt Marvel also has the Wisdom of Solomon and this is another tick on his side.

Post Edited:2007-08-01 04:53:14

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zee crusher

Okay ll try to calm down on some of the stuff i said but to use the cross over it is pretty silly because look at this thor flew into the heart of earths sun which pressure is extremly hard to go into and over 24million degrees btu yet he gets hit by superman het vision? Thats sound like some nobody should use in and argument and besides we all knwo superman won because of popularty just like he fou fights with hulk. But Look at people in marvel gldiator has show flyign faster then the speed of light because if you do you can enter hyperspace of go faster then some star ships and gldiator has done those things with ease. No about tyrant do you knwo how strong tyrant is? Galactus was dumb enough to make him as strogn as him but even though tyrant got depowered he was still stronger then a regular galactus meaning in terms of strength and in power obviously above that to. The thng nd wonder can even be put here because the thing is 85 tons and wonder man 85 but marvel sasy there very limits can be 100tons i highly dont believe. Also people liek thor can destroy celestial armor yes with his hammer he has destroyed part of celetial armor and shattered moutains while doing it also shaking whole planet while doing that. He can also make themor blast or god blast enough to defeat galactus or destroy even planet. No in terms of strength i still thinl gldiator and thor triumph or people like shazam and superman is gldiator is on par with thor and i only use him because of all heros hes close to him and thor actually does stuff sentry and others are known then he should be able to JIM 92-Uses his fingers to gouge a Uru hammer out of a boulder of pure Uru. Isnt uru indestructible yes and their is oly one time of uru so thats only strength in hsi finger no matter how many times ive seen superman he has trouble bending steel lol. If thor had the odin power hed would get rid of the shield he burned captian to northing and defeated his shield thats why thor is marked as oen of the people capable of doing something like that because he did. You also have to look at it this way "who did gldator fight" Now who did shazam fight i know the spectres strong but look at who actually has to use strength and rurability and speed shazam usally depends on putting magic into his stuff. Also Thor with his strength closed a fissure that he created in the Planets crust, and then he proceeded by sealing Loki in it under millions Tons of Earth with the might of his limb-Avengers West Coast-#55;. Now that atually has what thors done and the issue but really shazam has and advantage with all his powers but gldiator is better wth his fist plus shazams more vunerable to physical damage from what ive heard and know.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By the creator

zee crusher says:

"Okay ll try to calm down on some of the stuff i said but to use the cross over it is pretty silly because look at this thor flew into the heart of earths sun which pressure is extremly hard to go into and over 24million degrees btu yet he gets hit by superman het vision? Thats sound like some nobody should use in and argument and besides we all knwo superman won because of popularty just like he fou fights with hulk. But Look at people in marvel gldiator has show flyign faster then the speed of light because if you do you can enter hyperspace of go faster then some star ships and gldiator has done those things with ease. No about tyrant do you knwo how strong tyrant is? Galactus was dumb enough to make him as strogn as him but even though tyrant got depowered he was still stronger then a regular galactus meaning in terms of strength and in power obviously above that to. The thng nd wonder can even be put here because the thing is 85 tons and wonder man 85 but marvel sasy there very limits can be 100tons i highly dont believe. Also people liek thor can destroy celestial armor yes with his hammer he has destroyed part of celetial armor and shattered moutains while doing it also shaking whole planet while doing that. He can also make themor blast or god blast enough to defeat galactus or destroy even planet. No in terms of strength i still thinl gldiator and thor triumph or people like shazam and superman is gldiator is on par with thor and i only use him because of all heros hes close to him and thor actually does stuff sentry and others are known then he should be able to JIM 92-Uses his fingers to gouge a Uru hammer out of a boulder of pure Uru. Isnt uru indestructible yes and their is oly one time of uru so thats only strength in hsi finger no matter how many times ive seen superman he has trouble bending steel lol. If thor had the odin power hed would get rid of the shield he burned captian to northing and defeated his shield thats why thor is marked as oen of the people capable of doing something like that because he did. You also have to look at it this way "who did gldator fight" Now who did shazam fight i know the spectres strong but look at who actually has to use strength and rurability and speed shazam usally depends on putting magic into his stuff. Also Thor with his strength closed a fissure that he created in the Planets crust, and then he proceeded by sealing Loki in it under millions Tons of Earth with the might of his limb-Avengers West Coast-#55;. Now that atually has what thors done and the issue but really shazam has and advantage with all his powers but gldiator is better wth his fist plus shazams more vunerable to physical damage from what ive heard and know."

Uru metal is not indestructible in it's raw form obviously. It is hard and difficult to form but far from Indestructible until cast/forged or in general manufactured (perhaps weak due to impurities ?).

If the metal was this strong initially, then it could not be melted or cast or hammered in to it's finished form as it would be harder than the tools used to shape it.

Also the uru for Thor's hammer has been enhanced by Odin's enchantments to be harder.

When Thor flew in to the Earth's sun was that to solicite help from Atum ?

If so, Geea may have been helping her son of perhaps it should be considered a plot device to get the story from A to B and the writer could not think of another way.

The Hulk could not withstand the Suns temperatures so I seriously doubt Thor could. In the past Thor has been shown to be hard to hurt from gross kinetic attacks like blows from Wonderman. However he is like most Asgardians not bullet proof. Thor is also less resistant to heat/cold than many other powerhourses like Hulk or Wonderman.

Most of this was confirmed in the Marvel handbooks of the time.

Thor's godblast has slain very powerful foes before but the Destroyer aromour empowered by all the Asgardians (except Thor) and wielding energy projection control powers that were granted by Odin and then a fraction of each Earth diety pantheon leader (Zeus, Ra etc) and wielding the Odin sword could not defeat a single celestial.

Shattering mountains - I can see the godblast doing that. Damaging a celestials armour - ok I'll even go with that (although I think the writer may have been stretching it).

Thor did not energy blast Cap America for 2 reasons - firstly deep down Cap was still his friend and Thor might not have wanted to kill him and secondly who ever said that Thor was really clever and creative in using his powers - especially if they were fairly new to him (as the Odin power was at the time). He would not have altered his fighting method much so the Hammer use was his standard attack.

Capt Marvel has fought many super powered beings over time. I ignore the Spectre battle as Cap Marvel was suped up for this fight.

Cap Marvel has fought Superman many times, Solomon Grundy, Black Adam, many demons, Wonder Woman.

The list goes on.

All have displayed strength levels approaching or equal to his own thus demostrating Cap Marvels durability to physcial and energy attacks.

Now this is the last post I will make on this issue as I really don't have the energy to keep trying to prove a logical argument should triumph.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Satyrquaze

zee crusher says:

"gdiator can go faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact you cant"

Mavel comics has all but officially accepted that Flash (Barry Allen) is the fastest man alive in both universes as per "Buried Alien" winning a marathon against most of Earth's speedsters in the Marvel Universe in Quasar #17.

Therefore a character such as Gladiator who not even in the top 10 list of fastest characters in the MU is not faster than Flash.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By the creator

Satyrquaze says:

"zee crusher says:
"gdiator can go faster then flash as faster as ships and yu say ignore that fact you cant"
Mavel comics has all but officially accepted that Flash (Barry Allen) is the fastest man alive in both universes as per "Buried Alien" winning a marathon against most of Earth's speedsters in the Marvel Universe in Quasar #17. Therefore a character such as Gladiator who not even in the top 10 list of fastest characters in the MU is **not** faster than Flash. "

Satyr, do you won't to carry the baton on this argument ?

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Satyrquaze

I try not to debate people on the Poo Poo List.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By the creator

Satyrquaze says:

"I try not to debate people on the Poo Poo List."

The Poo poo list - can you elaborate please ?

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Forever

The_Creator says:

"Satyrquaze says:
"zee crusher says:
Mavel comics has all but officially accepted that Flash (Barry Allen) is the fastest man alive in both universes as per "Buried Alien" winning a marathon against most of Earth's speedsters in the Marvel Universe in Quasar #17. Therefore a character such as Gladiator who not even in the top 10 list of fastest characters in the MU is **not** faster than Flash. "
Satyr, do you won't to carry the baton on this argument ? "

Hopefully there wont be a need for anyone to carry the baton in this. You were doing an excellent job by the way but I certainly know how tedious it can get.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Satyrquaze
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By the creator

Forever says:

"The_Creator says:
"Satyrquaze says:
"zee crusher says:
Satyr, do you won't to carry the baton on this argument ? "
Hopefully there wont be a need for anyone to carry the baton in this. You were doing an excellent job by the way but I certainly know how tedious it can get."

Thanks. I feel like I'm pushing a boulder up a hill. I think I've got to the top and WHAM - the next illogical argument comes along.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Forever

The_Creator says:

"Thanks. I feel like I'm pushing a boulder up a hill. I think I've got to the top and WHAM - the next illogical argument comes along. "

lol yeah that happens all the time.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zee crusher

Well i guess ill put a few lines then cause i was done as well first thor didnt have help from hsi mom to go to his step brother the reason is because thor even fought hsi brother turning atum into demogorge and thors mother wouldnt want a guy strong enough to take down mephisto thog and satannish back on eartj again goign crazy and thor even got absorbed by demogorge so no help was their but in my opinion gldiator is stronger then shazam and superman to many more feats done superman having trouble with steel gldiator fightign hyperion thor suprememe tyrant thor and gladiator fight stronger people then superman and shazam fight lik superman and doomsday is nothign compared to thor and surtur marvels stronger elemental over 1000ft fire demon hsi strength as stronge as a regular galactus or rune king thor so marvel heros are stronger because they put up with stronger people lastly absorbingman the guy turned into thors hammer and thor ran for hsi life so he wouldnt get killed instead of knocked out that also shows uru is indestructible because when absorbingman or one of thors other eneies is made of uru he runs because not even hsi hammer can help him. But thats my last words.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zee crusher

Satyrquaze says:

I was wondering can you shut the fuck up just because your the bitch that owns the fuckign page doesnt mean you have to sow it off. I was only talking not even trying to argue and was abotu done just saying stuff about gldiatro because their isnt as much info on him as shazam your dumbass just wants to start argument so shut the fuck up get a life the poo poo list is abotu as shitty as you so shut the fuck up we knwo you own that piece of shti page already you dumb bitch.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Forever

zee crusher says:

"Well i guess ill put a few lines then cause i was done as well first thor didnt have help from hsi mom to go to his step brother the reason is because thor even fought hsi brother turning atum into demogorge and thors mother wouldnt want a guy strong enough to take down mephisto thog and satannish back on eartj again goign crazy and thor even got absorbed by demogorge so no help was their but in my opinion gldiator is stronger then shazam and superman to many more feats done superman having trouble with steel gldiator fightign hyperion thor suprememe tyrant thor and gladiator fight stronger people then superman and shazam fight lik superman and doomsday is nothign compared to thor and surtur marvels stronger elemental over 1000ft fire demon hsi strength as stronge as a regular galactus or rune king thor so marvel heros are stronger because they put up with stronger people lastly absorbingman the guy turned into thors hammer and thor ran for hsi life so he wouldnt get killed instead of knocked out that also shows uru is indestructible because when absorbingman or one of thors other eneies is made of uru he runs because not even hsi hammer can help him. But thats my last words."

Not to drag this argument out, because I dont think anyone's going to change their mind at this point, but where did you see Superman having trouble bending steel?

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By zee crusher

In old comics superman bends steel but everytime he does it its not like hulk hulk broke and admantium needle like it was a toth pick its like trying to break a book in half but struggling while doing it but in supermans case he didnt make it look easy at all but showed signs of struggle. One question is steels the strongest material in dc.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By acewasp23

Satyrquaze says:

"The_Creator says:
"Satyrquaze says:
The Poo poo list - can you elaborate please ? "
http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/Poo%20Poo%20List/ I base my life upon it's teachings. "

your not the only one that listens to its teachings, i check that list daily.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By the creator

zee crusher says:

"In old comics superman bends steel but everytime he does it its not like hulk hulk broke and admantium needle like it was a toth pick its like trying to break a book in half but struggling while doing it but in supermans case he didnt make it look easy at all but showed signs of struggle. One question is steels the strongest material in dc."

No, there are a number of alloys stronger than steel in DC.

There are Promthium alloys that are meant to be extremely durable. I am discounting the alloys that have been developed in the future (shown in the Legion comics)

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By zee crusher

The_Creator says:

"zee crusher says:
"In old comics superman bends steel but everytime he does it its not like hulk hulk broke and admantium needle like it was a toth pick its like trying to break a book in half but struggling while doing it but in supermans case he didnt make it look easy at all but showed signs of struggle. One question is steels the strongest material in dc."
No, there are a number of alloys stronger than steel in DC. There are Promthium alloys that are meant to be extremely durable. I am discounting the alloys that have been developed in the future (shown in the Legion comics) "

You dont really have to discoutn those because in marvel admantium is sorta furture ristic the orginal guy fell asleep whiel ti was being made with alien stuff i think but im not that much of a dc guy i didnt knwo of anything else

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Forever

zee crusher says:

Steel's not the strongest material in DC, but youre going off of old info on Superman. Back when he started out he wasn't that strong and would have had trouble bending steel. He couldn't even fly back then. He could jump about an eighth of a mile. But Superman is considerably stronger than that now and has been for decades. Everything you mentioned Thor doing, Superman could do easily.

You've seen the arguments where Marvel fans are claiming DC is overpowered right? Well the Marvel fans claim that because they know how much stronger Superman and Captain Marvel and a lot of these other DC characters are when compared to Marvel characters. Sentry, Hyperion and Gladiator are copies of Superman where Marvel tried to put someone with powers and power levels close to Superman's in to Marvel comics. But they couldnt write them as being as powerful as Superman is, because none of the Marvel characters are that powerful. So if you were to compare Gladiator to Superman in any category, Superman would be way beyond Gladiator. And Captain Marvel is right there with Superman.

Have you read any of Superman's recent comics? None of them should show him struggling bending or breaking any kind of metal and it should be pretty apparent just how powerful he is.

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By the creator

Forever says:

"zee crusher says:
Steel's not the strongest material in DC, but youre going off of old info on Superman. Back when he started out he wasn't that strong and would have had trouble bending steel. He couldn't even fly back then. He could jump about an eighth of a mile. But Superman is considerably stronger than that now and has been for decades. Everything you mentioned Thor doing, Superman could do easily. You've seen the arguments where Marvel fans are claiming DC is overpowered right? Well the Marvel fans claim that because they know how much stronger Superman and Captain Marvel and a lot of these other DC characters are when compared to Marvel characters. Sentry, Hyperion and Gladiator are copies of Superman where Marvel tried to put someone with powers and power levels close to Superman's in to Marvel comics. But they couldnt write them as being as powerful as Superman is, because none of the Marvel characters are that powerful. So if you were to compare Gladiator to Superman in any category, Superman would be way beyond Gladiator. And Captain Marvel is right there with Superman. Have you read any of Superman's recent comics? None of them should show him struggling bending or breaking any kind of metal and it should be pretty apparent just how powerful he is."

Give up now, you know it will end in tears......

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zee crusher

I dotn really agree but to make things short superman can hes just doesnt have it in him hes been depowered by far and if superman so much more powerful then gldiator or thro i wish hed atleats attempt to break one of dc strongest metals with hsi bear hands or fly amash a planet wo pieces with hsi bear hands but im done.

Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Forever

The_Creator says:

"Give up now, you know it will end in tears...... "

zee crusher says:

"I dotn really agree but to make things short superman can hes just doesnt have it in him hes been depowered by far and if superman so much more powerful then gldiator or thro i wish hed atleats attempt to break one of dc strongest metals with hsi bear hands or fly amash a planet wo pieces with hsi bear hands but im done."

It all ends amicably. We'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah we should leave it the way it is im running out of stuff to say now all i can get it from is opinion lol.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By acewasp23

zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By zee crusher

Yeah arguments over btu a comment for the pic is that dcs just showing off again when ulik had his strength increased 1000fold thor beat him you know why because of hsi warriors skills so superman can have as much strength as lon as he has no fightign skills he loses. Anyway thats about it.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Satyrquaze

zee crusher says:

"Satyrquaze says:
I was wondering can you shut the fuck up just because your the bitch that owns the fuckign page doesnt mean you have to sow it off. I was only talking not even trying to argue and was abotu done just saying stuff about gldiatro because their isnt as much info on him as shazam your dumbass just wants to start argument so shut the fuck up get a life the poo poo list is abotu as shitty as you so shut the fuck up we knwo you own that piece of shti page already you dumb bitch."

This post clearly illustrates why you are on the list.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By acewasp23

Satyrquaze says:

"zee crusher says:
"Satyrquaze says:
I was wondering can you shut the fuck up just because your the bitch that owns the fuckign page doesnt mean you have to sow it off. I was only talking not even trying to argue and was abotu done just saying stuff about gldiatro because their isnt as much info on him as shazam your dumbass just wants to start argument so shut the fuck up get a life the poo poo list is abotu as shitty as you so shut the fuck up we knwo you own that piece of shti page already you dumb bitch."
This post clearly illustrates why you are on the list."

lmao

Eternal Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Eternal Chaos

acewasp23 says:

""

This clearly illustrates the "wtf?" that I'm always arguing about. Anyway being that Shazam is "on Superman's power level" gotta go with captain cheezeball.