Gladiator vs Captain Atom

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lordraiden

Kallark takes on Capt. Nathaniel Adams in a battle that starts unintentionally.  Kallark has been told that an anonymous being has been tearing up a province of the Shiar Empire and is told to go find him and apprehend him for questioning.  As he starts scouting surrounding worlds, he bumps into Captain Atom who he's never seen before, and finds him powerfull enough to have done what's been reported. He fires of his heatvision, which Cap easily deflects/evades, let the battle begin...

No Caption Provided
                                                                                                                                                                     vs

No Caption Provided
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

Glads...ftw

Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom wins.

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cattlebattle
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Captain Atom wins.
aaahh, I see we agree again :)

No way, Gladiator =Superman, and Supes has pounded Cap before, this will not be any different
MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MutenRoshi

If they were just to stand apart and blast energy at each other Atom would own Gladiator, but I believe in hand 2 hand Gladiator is faster and more durable  
the suit ripping happens more often in the toons but it Atoms suit been also bashed up or torn in the comics

that said Atom has some good feats might be able to exploit Gladiator's confidence thing  
confidence is a poor weakness

I give it to Gladiator, if he's full confidence he takes a very Slim majority

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Atom

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By HellionVulcan

Gladiator but not easy .

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Static Shock
@cattlebattle said:
aaahh, I see we agree again :)  No way, Gladiator =Superman, and Supes has pounded Cap before, this will not be any different
Unless you think JLU is actually canon to the comic book DC universe, Superman has never pounded Captain Atom before. 
capall2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By capall2

Cap atom has gone toe to toe with many bricks including Majestic and held his own so he isn't a slouch in h2h combat...Cap atom also has the advantage of absorbing any energy attacks and has better ep...he should win here...
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lordraiden
@Static Shock said:
@cattlebattle said:
aaahh, I see we agree again :)  No way, Gladiator =Superman, and Supes has pounded Cap before, this will not be any different
Unless you think JLU is actually canon to the comic book DC universe, Superman has never pounded Captain Atom before. 
What is with that pic of Mary Marvel? holding Atom like that??
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Static Shock
@MutenRoshi said:
If they were just to stand apart and blast energy at each other Atom would own Gladiator, but I believe in hand 2 hand Gladiator is faster and more durable  
the suit ripping happens more often in the toons but it Atoms suit been also bashed up or torn in the comics

This showing is PIS. Plus, Formerly Known as the Justice League was meant for comedy. It wasn't written to be taken seriously.

Several Superman-level characters (Darkseid, Orion, Majestic, Apollo, Maul, Power Girl, Wonder Woman, Ultraa, Major Force, etc) have all failed to breach Captain Atom's suit with physical force. Mary Marvel, on the other hand, isn't that strong. Class 100? Sure. But, no where near as strong as any of these people listed. She's supposed to have a fraction of Captain Marvel's power. Hell, she was even stated to be close to Linda Danvers (Supergirl), who isn't even as strong as Kara Zor-El.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Static Shock
@lordraiden said:

Explained it already. It was a PIS showing. Characters stronger than her have been unable to breach his metal skin in physical confrontations. 

The scenario regarding that scan was when Roulette had them kidnapped and brainwashed into fighting each other in her Metabrawl.
Avatar image for gremlin_from_kremlin
Gremlin From Kremlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:
@Gremlin From Kremlin said:
Captain Atom wins.
No, Superman > Gladiator. Captain Atom has enough energy manipulation powers to put Kallark down.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Static Shock
lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By lordraiden
@Static Shock said:
@lordraiden said:

Explained it already. It was a PIS showing. Characters stronger than her have been unable to breach his metal skin in physical confrontations.  The scenario regarding that scan was when Roulette had them kidnapped and brainwashed into fighting each other in her Metabrawl.
I don't doubt that for a moment.  He is quite underrated at DC and they do tend to job him out to the more higher known/powerfull? heroe's/villains over at DC.  I'm intrigued as to what they have in store for him in there.....upcoming change in September.
@Static Shock said:
This has been done before, anyway. Might as well have it locked before people come in here with nonsense.

Gladiator vs. Captain Atom 

Gladiator vs. Captain Atom 
I did have a look, typed that in, and didn't come come up??
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Static Shock
@lordraiden: I typed that in the search as it's written there, and I came up with both of those threads. 

As for his reboot, I hope the do him a little bit more justice.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell