• 144 results
#51 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

"Captain Atom's metal skin, which is actually part of his body, has only been breached by magical weapons (Crimson Avenger's bullets), X-Ionizer-treated weapons, and the attacks of a Monitor. Even when it's attacked, he hasn't leaked radiation until Countdown.

I always felt that a Monitor breaching him was PIS, as there wasn't a reason as to why Atom couldn't absorb the energy being blasted at him, and the circumstances of the event weren't fully explained. Just a plot device chopped together at the last minute to make him Monarch, since DC failed to do so during Armageddon 2001 in 1991. Also, every time he's been breached (except when Crimson Avenger breached him, because he Quantum Jumped there and he wasn't supposed to. LOL), he's always leaked Quantum radiation. There was also the time Mary Marvel breached him, but it was PIS because people stronger than her couldn't breach him (so his durability was diminished) and the fight took place in a comic that was meant to be a comedy. The fight wasn't to be taken seriously.
#52 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

"Captain Atom's metal skin, which is actually part of his body, has only been breached by magical weapons (Crimson Avenger's bullets), X-Ionizer-treated weapons, and the attacks of a Monitor. Even when it's attacked, he hasn't leaked radiation until Countdown.

I always felt that a Monitor breaching him was PIS, as there wasn't a reason as to why Atom couldn't absorb the energy being blasted at him, and the circumstances of the event weren't fully explained. Also,Though, every time he's been breached, he's always leaked Quantum radiation "
I thought breaking through his skin caused him to quantum jump. Not leak excessive amounts of radiation.   

Don't even remember seeing them fight, just CA falling from the sky with the Monitor standing over him. Countdown was inconsistent in a lot of ways, so mentioned it. 

Never mind. 
#53 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:

"I thought breaking through his skin caused him to quantum jump.  "

Nah. It's bad writing. Getting breached causes him to leak, and later explode if the breach isn't sealed. That one little instance with him Quantum Jumping after Crimson Avenger shot him was a mistake on the writer. There was even a time when he sealed his own breach a few years back, but he was only breached because he nullified his powers (especially his invulnerability prior to being blasted) for Doctor Light to take advantage of a battle tactic against an unknown enemy. But, it didn't make sense, since depowering himself requires taking away the metal skin.
#54 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:

"I thought breaking through his skin caused him to quantum jump.  "

Nah. It's bad writing. Getting breached causes his him to leak, and later explode if the breach isn't sealed. That one little instance with him Quantum Jumping after Crimson Avenger shot him was a mistake on the writer. There was even a time when he sealed his own breach a few years back, but he was only breached because he nullified his powers (especially his invulnerability prior to being blasted) for Doctor Light to take advantage of a battle tactic against an unknown enemy. But, it didn't make sense, since depowering himself requires taking away the metal skin. "
Thanks for the heads-up. 
#55 Posted by ThanosIsMad (2215 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Static Shock: I honestly havenh't see many high-end strength and speed feats from Captain Atom, so do you mind filling me in? I only picked Kallark here due to his Baxter Building-feat and the fact that he can fly up to 100x the speed of light. "
His high-end strength feat is being able to fight Majestic and other Superman-level characters (Major Force, Ultraa, Wonder Woman), physically. The fastest I've seen him fly is faster than half light-speed. Atom also claims he could hit light-speed, and since he's able to increase his flight speed via the Quantum Field, I wouldn't put it past him. He can also increase his strength in the same manner. I don't see why he couldn't fight Gladiator, who isn't stronger than Majestic, and flying that 100X speed of light in hyperspace is useless in a fight. It's not like Gladiator can maintain that speed in normal space or in battle, for never really has. "
He sucker punched Majestic and then got bitched out when they met up a second time.  He also had a portion of the Void inside of him at the time, which amped him up.

Atom wins because Gladiator, like many Superman clones, is weak against a certain form of radiation.  Once Atom figures it out, Kallark goes down.
#56 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral: You're welcome.

Also, in regards to how the Monitor breached him, I only saw a recap of it in one issue toward the end of the series. It was just one panel, though. It appears as if you saw something I didn't. Do you remember what issue the Monitor was standing over him? I'll have to hawk it down. 

Countdown was inconsistent, especially with how Atom came back from Wildstorm (which at first was shown in Infinite Crisis, with Atom replacing Breach, who was breached by Prime). Then, as soon as Countdown came out, Atom's reappearance was retconned haphazardly.
#57 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanosIsMad said:
" He sucker punched Majestic and then got bitched out when they met up a second time.  He also had a portion of the Void inside of him at the time, which amped him up.
Didn't look like a sucker punch at all, especially when Majestic was on the assault in their first encounter. All Atom did was end the fight. As for Atom 'b!tching out,' I don't think that's how Atom took it, especially when Atom decked him twice and spit in his face. Majestic just tossed him through the Washington Monument to get Atom's attention since Majestic wasn't trying to fight him.

Also, Atom wasn't 'amped up' until Apollo started the Void reaction in his body. Before that, Atom was at normal levels.
#58 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @CosmicSpiral: You're welcome.  Also, in regards to how the Monitor breached him, I only saw a recap of it in one issue toward the end of the series. It was just one panel, though. It appears as if you saw something I didn't. Do you remember what issue the Monitor was standing over him? I'll have to hawk it down.  Countdown was inconsistent, especially with how Atom came back from Wildstorm (which at first was shown in Infinite Crisis, with Atom replacing Breach, who was breached by Prime). Then, as soon as Countdown came out, Atom's reappearance was retconned haphazardly. "
It was that one panel, except I don't remember a fight. It appeared to be the end of a fight. Captain Atom was falling from the sky, while Solomon was floating above him. I read it in a Barnes & Noble two years ago. :S 
#59 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" It was that one panel, except I don't remember a fight. It appeared to be the end of a fight. Captain Atom was falling from the sky, while Solomon was floating above him. I read it in a Barnes & Noble two years ago. :S  "
Yeah, I understand Monitors have power, but there wasn't explanation as to how Atom was breached. Definitely PIS.
#60 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" It was that one panel, except I don't remember a fight. It appeared to be the end of a fight. Captain Atom was falling from the sky, while Solomon was floating above him. I read it in a Barnes & Noble two years ago. :S  "
Yeah, I understand Monitors have power, but there wasn't explanation as to how Atom was breached. Definitely PIS. "
Lots of things weren't explained in this series. It wasn't a high point for DC writing. *shrugs*
#61 Posted by weaponx (1566 posts) - - Show Bio
@CosmicSpiral said:
" @weaponx said:
" @ComicSpiral: Gladiator can take supernova blasts so captain atoms radiation/energy mean horse ****. Gladiator can produce devastating blows to planetismals which would undoubtedly breach CA containment. I have managed to say things you are just being an a**. There is not much that CA can do, except hit him, but Gladiator is a superior fighter or at the very least on par and would be able to do well hand to hand. That plus his over powering strength, cause him to win.  "
You are saying nothing. Gladiator has been hurt by less than supernovas, and Gladiator never destroyed a planet with his bare hands. He cracked some tectonic plates, which caused a chain reaction that led to the explosion of the planet. Captain Atom's metal skin, which is actually part of his body, has only been breached by magical weapons (Crimson Avenger's bullets), X-Ionizer-treated weapons, and the attacks of a Monitor. Even when it's attacked, he hasn't leaked radiation until Countdown.   Also see Static's post.  "
Well this ultimately goes back to the point that Gladiator is often written as a power meter with little consistency. I also want to apologize for getting overly offended earlier, I have had a bad day, but I would appreciate it if you would stop saying that I am saying nothing. I would also like to point out that I never said he destroyed a planet by punching it, I just said he delivered devastating blows to it. I was unaware that CA could augment his power like that, but technically couldn't Gladiator?  
#62 Posted by GT-Man (3945 posts) - - Show Bio
@TruePwnge said:
"Sure Atom is powerful, and he's got huge potential but he's never, ever lived up to it and DC have never built this character correctly. Marvel's Gladiator has power and he's fought above and beyond his class doing things like defeating Juggy with one punch, owning the fan4, defending the entire Shiar Empire and doing other feats above his class. Gladiator is durable enough to take energy from guys at the power level of GL so I cant see Atom doing much to hurt himThe Supes clone will use superspeed to land one quick blow....when you're as strong as Gladiator, that's about all you need for a KO.Atom has never fought in his class and won, Atom is constantly getting owned by Supes, he just doesn't have the raw speed or raw power and people are always getting the drop on him.Gladiator curbstomp"

yes gladiator wins this
#63 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio
@weaponx said:

" @CosmicSpiral said:

" @weaponx said:

" @ComicSpiral: Gladiator can take supernova blasts so captain atoms radiation/energy mean horse ****. Gladiator can produce devastating blows to planetismals which would undoubtedly breach CA containment. I have managed to say things you are just being an a**. There is not much that CA can do, except hit him, but Gladiator is a superior fighter or at the very least on par and would be able to do well hand to hand. That plus his over powering strength, cause him to win.  "
You are saying nothing. Gladiator has been hurt by less than supernovas, and Gladiator never destroyed a planet with his bare hands. He cracked some tectonic plates, which caused a chain reaction that led to the explosion of the planet. Captain Atom's metal skin, which is actually part of his body, has only been breached by magical weapons (Crimson Avenger's bullets), X-Ionizer-treated weapons, and the attacks of a Monitor. Even when it's attacked, he hasn't leaked radiation until Countdown.   Also see Static's post.  "
Well this ultimately goes back to the point that Gladiator is often written as a power meter with little consistency. I also want to apologize for getting overly offended earlier, I have had a bad day, but I would appreciate it if you would stop saying that I am saying nothing. I would also like to point out that I never said he destroyed a planet by punching it, I just said he delivered devastating blows to it. I was unaware that CA could augment his power like that, but technically couldn't Gladiator?   "
It's cool.

With a character like Gladiator, you look for the middle ground.  

I don't know how Gladiator can make himself more confident without begging the question. 
#64 Posted by termiteone4ever (7983 posts) - - Show Bio

Gladiator lose this easily . This man is basically his weakness and not only that this man is close in strength and durabilty as superman. this man at full power is way too powerful.. Gladiator its final and simple. NO chance of winning. I would like Some fool tell me about fighting Military trained and smart and powerful Cpt atom.
#65 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio

Speed is on Glaidators side, i say Atom gets breached and is sent through time...

#66 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

I say CA wins
#67 Posted by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
" Speed is on Glaidators side, i say Atom gets breached and is sent through time... "
LOL.

Captain Atom isn't getting breached by physical force, and getting breached doesn't make him quantum jump anyway. So, I don't know where you got that from.
#68 Posted by Ferro Vida (34678 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap takes this.

#69 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
" Speed is on Glaidators side, i say Atom gets breached and is sent through time... "
#70 Posted by termiteone4ever (7983 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467:
I dont think so. 
He is not slow. Also If i remember correctly radiation is gladiators weakenss so correct me if i am wrong.
#71 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever: I was not quoting him because I agreed with his comment. I added a long ellipsis after the quote to show how I viewed it as a somewhat skewed comment. 

Atom wins this. 
#72 Posted by termiteone4ever (7983 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silver2467:
I was in a hurry and made a quick comment. Almost missed lunch . Sorry about that man,  
all is well LOL
#73 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio

he needs to find a plot device to lower glads confidence.

#74 Posted by Silver2467 (16387 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever: No harm done. 
#75 Posted by The_Warlord (1758 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom

#76 Posted by termiteone4ever (7983 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro:
gladiator needs a led Suit and a miracle :)
#77 Posted by Lance Bastro (4744 posts) - - Show Bio
@termiteone4ever said:
" @Lance Bastro: gladiator needs a led Suit and a miracle :) "
yes, a miracle from a plot device. so who will be writing this story? a DC writer or a marvel writer?
#78 Posted by Funcake (298 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lance Bastro said:
" @termiteone4ever said:
" @Lance Bastro: gladiator needs a led Suit and a miracle :) "
yes, a miracle from a plot device. so who will be writing this story? a DC writer or a marvel writer? "
Marvel writer let him job a lot. So its doesn´t matter which writer. 
CA wins.
#79 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @difficlus said:
LOL.  Captain Atom isn't getting breached by physical force, and getting breached doesn't make him quantum jump anyway. So, I don't know where you got that from. "
Oh ok i misunderstood, so he isn't at all breached by physical force? Then what makes him get breached?
#80 Edited by DrTyrannical (1287 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @difficlus said:
LOL.  Captain Atom isn't getting breached by physical force, and getting breached doesn't make him quantum jump anyway. So, I don't know where you got that from. "
Oh ok i misunderstood, so he isn't at all breached by physical force? Then what makes him get breached? "
SBP breached Monarch's armor which is way way stronger than CA's armor. Voodoo with Magentic powers was about to rip CA to shreds until Voodoo probed his mind and overloaded. The armor is not "unbreachable".
#81 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @difficlus said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @difficlus said:
Oh ok i misunderstood, so he isn't at all breached by physical force? Then what makes him get breached? "
SBP breached Monarch's armor which is way way stronger than CA's armor. Voodoo with Magentic powers was about to rip CA to shreds until Voodoo probed his mind and overloaded. The armor is not "unbreachable". "
Well idk about Monarch because what Prime tore open was actually a suit he wore to protect others from radiation leakage, not his actual disutel skin IIRC, as for Voodoo crossovers aren't counted here...
#82 Posted by JThree47693 (2502 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom destroys him.
#83 Posted by DrTyrannical (1287 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
" @difficlus said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @difficlus said:
SBP breached Monarch's armor which is way way stronger than CA's armor. Voodoo with Magentic powers was about to rip CA to shreds until Voodoo probed his mind and overloaded. The armor is not "unbreachable". "
Well idk about Monarch because what Prime tore open was actually a suit he wore to protect others from radiation leakage, not his actual disutel skin IIRC, as for Voodoo crossovers aren't counted here... "
Crossovers that are referenced in cannon continuity are indeed counted.
#84 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @difficlus said:
" @DrTyrannical said:
" @difficlus said:

" @Static Shock said:

" @difficlus said:
Well idk about Monarch because what Prime tore open was actually a suit he wore to protect others from radiation leakage, not his actual disutel skin IIRC, as for Voodoo crossovers aren't counted here... "
Crossovers that are referenced in cannon continuity are indeed counted. "
Hmm..idk about that but lets wait for static to respond.
#85 Edited by DrTyrannical (1287 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus: If It's referenced in continuity - it's cannon.
#86 Posted by difficlus (10632 posts) - - Show Bio
@DrTyrannical said:
" @difficlus: If It's referenced in continuity - it's cannon. "
ok then...
#87 Posted by Night Thrasher (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going with Gladiator...I see this fight going similar to the first part of the Apollo vs Captain Atom fight.

#88 Posted by mandarink (334 posts) - - Show Bio

Sites filled with to many dc fanboys they read a little of one character not enough of another and assume that a marvel character is weaker when gladiator survives a nova explosion from a sun 100 times that of ours right? Didn't he smash a planet with three hits? How the hell is he not up to par with the likes of Captain atom and Superman because he hasn't done one of there small feats or a feat which he doesnt' even have a power to? Yeah Captain atom is no pushover but gladitaors weakness isn't easy to expose and unless your at tyrant level or a god(thor) you can't beat him with out his confidence going down which if you count happened like only twice.

#89 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

" Oh ok i misunderstood, so he isn't at all breached by physical force? Then what makes him get breached? "

So far, he's only been legitimately breached by X-Ionized weapons (a device that makes blades sharp enough to cut through all substances) and Crimson Avenger's bullets (enchanted to punch through anything). There was the time a Monitor breached his skin with a simple energy blast, but it was stated that Captain Atom's metal skin had been weakened after passing through dimensions after the Armageddon arc (which allowed the Monitor to breach it in the first place). Recently, Captain Atom was breached by Magog's energy blasts, but that's only because his energy lance was powered up by the unknown energy that Max Lord created just to deal with Captain Atom (which was clearly a plot device form of energy that Captain Atom couldn't control or absorb like all other forms of energy). Even when he was breached, he was still able to stay in the fight and put Magog in his place without actually hurting him (and the breaches sealed up soon after that).

Gladiator has none of this. 

There was also the time Captain Atom destabilized his powers (including his invulnerability) against an unknown villain (and he was breached as a result, but only because he weakened himself; he sealed the breach after the Justice League defeated the villain). That's about it.

@DrTyrannical

said:

" SBP breached Monarch's armor which is way way stronger than CA's armor. Voodoo with Magentic powers was about to rip CA to shreds until Voodoo probed his mind and overloaded. The armor is not "unbreachable". "

Superman Prime was powered up by Oan-Cosmic energy at the time, and he's much stronger than Gladiator. We aren't even talking about when he was Monarch (who withstood blows from three Supermen at once). Voodoo was going to use the iron in his blood to rip his veins apart via magnetism (not even close to physical force, and not the same as ripping it from his body completely). None of this means that Gladiator can breach his skin, especially when people that are within his strength class or greater couldn't do it.
#90 Edited by Static Shock (47330 posts) - - Show Bio
@difficlus said:

"Well idk about Monarch because what Prime tore open was actually a suit he wore to protect others from radiation leakage, not his actual disutel skin IIRC, as for Voodoo crossovers aren't counted here... "

It's canon. The purpose of Captain Atom being in the Wildstorm universe was for Voodoo to start Worldstorm and restart the universe from the beginning, right after sending Captain Atom back to his native reality.

@Night Thrasher

said:

" I'm going with Gladiator...I see this fight going similar to the first part of the Apollo vs Captain Atom fight. "

LOL. What?

Apollo pummeled Captain Atom several times with his best punches (and, it could be argued that Atom allowed it to happened to think of way to defeat Apollo quickly) and they didn't even do diddly squat. Atom spat in his face after that, tricked him into taking him closer to the sun, and soundly defeated him by using his own power against him. 

How does that help Gladiator (not to mention that Captain Atom wouldn't even allow himself to get pummeled like that here)?

@mandarink

said:

" gladitaors weakness isn't easy to expose and unless your at tyrant level or a god(thor)

Seriously?

Storm was able to produce the radiation that Gladiator is weak against. She's not on Tyrant's level, nor is she a god.
#91 Posted by mandarink (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@Static Shock said:
" @difficlus said:

"Well idk about Monarch because what Prime tore open was actually a suit he wore to protect others from radiation leakage, not his actual disutel skin IIRC, as for Voodoo crossovers aren't counted here... "

It's canon. The purpose of Captain Atom being in the Wildstorm universe was for Voodoo to start Worldstorm and restart the universe from the beginning, right after sending Captain Atom back to his native reality.

@Night Thrasher

said:

" I'm going with Gladiator...I see this fight going similar to the first part of the Apollo vs Captain Atom fight. "

LOL. What?

Apollo pummeled Captain Atom several times with his best punches (and, it could be argued that Atom allowed it to happened to think of way to defeat Apollo quickly) and they didn't even do diddly squat. Atom spat in his face after that, tricked him into taking him closer to the sun, and soundly defeated him by using his own power against him. 

How does that help Gladiator (not to mention that Captain Atom wouldn't even allow himself to get pummeled like that here)?

@mandarink

said:

" gladitaors weakness isn't easy to expose and unless your at tyrant level or a god(thor)

Seriously? Storm was able to produce the radiation that Gladiator is weak against. She's not on Tyrant's level, nor is she a god. "
When did storm produce the radiation lol? Last time I checked she has the powers of weather and even when you go into her ability she is only capable of controllong a cosmic storm, or controlling electrical flow in your body not producing any type of radiation lol.  But your still off, Tyrant DID NOT produce any radiation, Tyrant DID NOT make his ego go down, Tyrant literally beat the hell out of him. Nobody really has or actually does that. But yeah Captain atom can produce it if he even knew what to produce but Gladiators radition is far more unknown than green k as to where batman practically sleeps with the damn thing lol.
#92 Posted by LastSonBackUp (148 posts) - - Show Bio

I see no logical way that Gladiator can beat Captain Atom.

#93 Posted by mandarink (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSonBackUp said:
" I see no logical way that Gladiator can beat Captain Atom. "
There is no logical way Atom can win then if all you think he is going to do is blast and punch Gladiator who takes blows from guys like Thors hammer and fights supreme to a stalemate. 
#94 Posted by LastSonBackUp (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
" @LastSonBackUp said:
There is no logical way Atom can win then if all you think he is going to do is blast and punch Gladiator who takes blows from guys like Thors hammer and fights supreme to a stalemate.  "
You seem to be very certain that Gladiator can beat Atom. What brings you to this conclusion? And I do ask that you refrain from saying "Gladiator will breach Atom's skin", because if people stronger than Atom can't, Gladiator has no chance(who is weaker than Atom).
#95 Posted by mandarink (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSonBackUp said:
" @mandarink said:
" @LastSonBackUp said:
There is no logical way Atom can win then if all you think he is going to do is blast and punch Gladiator who takes blows from guys like Thors hammer and fights supreme to a stalemate.  "
You seem to be very certain that Gladiator can beat Atom. What brings you to this conclusion? And I do ask that you refrain from saying "Gladiator will breach Atom's skin", because if people stronger than Atom can't, Gladiator has no chance(who is weaker than Atom). "
Well for one thank god you finally put some sense into this since others keep saying atom wins for being dc lol. Two I swear atom has been beaten before with out his skin being breached considering the fact he has been knocked down and hurt by punches from several beings not as strong as Gladiator. So its safe to say even if he does breach the skin he can still easily knock him out with those planet destroying blows.  

Since you bring that up how does any one here with logical proof say atom wins? So far I hear he wins for being a dc character an fighting a Superman foe but the fact he hasn't taken on any one tyrants level still means he is far more stronger than gladiator?  Don't get me wrong captain atom is powerful and strong but Gladiator is clearly stronger. I haven't seen Atom with that planet destroying blow you see people like Thor and BRBs strength with. so how does Atom win?
#96 Posted by Fist_of_Mandalore (1874 posts) - - Show Bio

Captain Atom

#97 Posted by DrTyrannical (1287 posts) - - Show Bio

The Storm that produced the radiation was a skrull IIRC. Kallark was too fast to be hit by it anyway. Plus, Atom doesn't know about that so it's unlikely he'd use such attack.

#98 Posted by LastSonBackUp (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
Well for one thank god you finally put some sense into this since others keep saying atom wins for being dc lol. Two I swear atom has been beaten before with out his skin being breached considering the fact he has been knocked down and hurt by punches from several beings not as strong as Gladiator. So its safe to say even if he does breach the skin he can still easily knock him out with those planet destroying blows.   
I don't think so. If Atom can take blows from Majestic, what makes you think that a punch from Gladiator will knock Atom out? 

Since you bring that up how does any one here with logical proof say atom wins? So far I hear he wins for being a dc character an fighting a Superman foe but the fact he hasn't taken on any one tyrants level still means he is far more stronger than gladiator?  Don't get me wrong captain atom is powerful and strong but Gladiator is clearly stronger. I haven't seen Atom with that planet destroying blow you see people like Thor and BRBs strength with. so how does Atom win? "
My conclusions are drawn from the fact that not only is he Class 100+ strength, but durability-wise as well. He is strong enough to deliver punches to Superman, and durable enough to take punches from Majestic. Plus, any energy based attacks, Atom can easily absorb effortlessly. Gladiator is really outclassed in this battle.
#99 Posted by mandarink (334 posts) - - Show Bio
@LastSonBackUp said:
" @mandarink said:
I don't think so. If Atom can take blows from Majestic, what makes you think that a punch from Gladiator will knock Atom out? 

Since you bring that up how does any one here with logical proof say atom wins? So far I hear he wins for being a dc character an fighting a Superman foe but the fact he hasn't taken on any one tyrants level still means he is far more stronger than gladiator?  Don't get me wrong captain atom is powerful and strong but Gladiator is clearly stronger. I haven't seen Atom with that planet destroying blow you see people like Thor and BRBs strength with. so how does Atom win? "
My conclusions are drawn from the fact that not only is he Class 100+ strength, but durability-wise as well. He is strong enough to deliver punches to Superman, and durable enough to take punches from Majestic. Plus, any energy based attacks, Atom can easily absorb effortlessly. Gladiator is really outclassed in this battle. "
1. For one Gladiator is based off more Silver age Superman not regular Superman so yeah he would feel his punches, even apollo was able to hurt him an weak superman foes why not him? Yeah he can knock him out you act like its impossible ONLY BECAUSE HE IS MARVEL. 

2.Gladiator is strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor who has planet destroying power and come out and yet that isn't enough? Gladiator does just have to use his heat vision he mainly uses fist anyway so yeah he will literally take atoms hits with ease if thats what your implying if he can take direct hits to the head from Thors hammer whats a threat from atom right? Thor is way more dangeours than superman.
#100 Posted by LastSonBackUp (148 posts) - - Show Bio
@mandarink said:
1. For one Gladiator is based off more Silver age Superman not regular Superman so yeah he would feel his punches, even apollo was able to hurt him an weak superman foes why not him? Yeah he can knock him out you act like its impossible ONLY BECAUSE HE IS MARVEL.  
I never said Atom wouldn't feel his punches. That has nothing to do with it. What it has to do with is that Gladiator is weaker than Majestic, and if Atom can take blows from Majestic, Gladiator will not knock out Atom. Could he hurt him? Sure. I don't see why not. But will he be strong enough to knock him out? No. 

And this has nothing to do with being Marvel or DC, so I don't know why you would bring that up. 

2.Gladiator is strong enough to go toe to toe with Thor who has planet destroying power and come out and yet that isn't enough? Gladiator does just have to use his heat vision he mainly uses fist anyway so yeah he will literally take atoms hits with ease if thats what your implying if he can take direct hits to the head from Thors hammer whats a threat from atom right? Thor is way more dangeours than superman. "
That's impressive that Gladiator can go toe to toe with Thor, but that still doesn't give him the win against someone who has fought Majestic and Superman(who based on feats are both stronger and more durable than Thor). And in no way will Gladiator take punches from Atom, who is stronger than Gladiator by the way, with relative ease. Don't assume that I am saying Gladiator is weak. He is not, but based on feats about who Atom has been able to trade blows with, the conclusion is clear that Atom is stronger than Gladiator.