Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Hadrelius
Warsman said:
"Captain Atom."
I know CA is strong but against Gladiator's speed and power.
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
Alpha said:
"Warsman said:
"Captain Atom."
I know CA is strong but against Gladiator's speed and power."

Has Glads fought people who can control things on a molecular level?
Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hadrelius
Warsman said:
"Alpha said:
"Warsman said:
"Captain Atom."
I know CA is strong but against Gladiator's speed and power."

Has Glads fought people who can control things on a molecular level?"

Unless CA can effect organic material, what can he do to Glads? It hasn't been shown that he is powered by some form of energy.
Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Everything's powered by one form of energy or another. Captain Atom will just have to find Glad's.

Triumphant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Triumphant

Gladiator wins this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Gladiator.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By King_Saturn
I think Gladiator would win... but it wont be easy at all
the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By the creator

As Capt Atom has strength sufficient to engage Superman in battle and the durability to withstand his blows, it may not be so clear cut.
He did after all take on Majestic recently.

His energy and matter control might be sufficient to destroy Gladiator in much the same way that the Silver Surfer has been theorised to do.

SeSAW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SeSAW

Gladiator

Ball Buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ball Buster
the creator said:
"As Capt Atom has strength sufficient to engage Superman in battle and the durability to withstand his blows, it may not be so clear cut.
He did after all take on Majestic recently.

His energy and matter control might be sufficient to destroy Gladiator in much the same way that the Silver Surfer has been theorised to do.
"
Gladiator tied Silver Surfer in battle.

Kentaxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kentaxx

Atom would vaporize him, or cave in his skull

TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TruePwnge

Sure Atom is powerful, and he's got huge potential but he's never, ever lived up to it and DC have never built this character correctly. Marvel's Gladiator has power and he's fought above and beyond his class doing things like defeating Juggy with one punch, owning the fan4, defending the entire Shiar Empire and doing other feats above his class.
Gladiator is durable enough to take energy from guys at the power level of GL so I cant see Atom doing much to hurt him
The Supes clone will use superspeed to land one quick blow....when you're as strong as Gladiator, that's about all you need for a KO.
Atom has never fought in his class and won, Atom is constantly getting owned by Supes, he just doesn't have the raw speed or raw power and people are always getting the drop on him.

Gladiator curbstomp

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Static Shock
TruePwnge said:
"Sure Atom is powerful, and he's got huge potential but he's never, ever lived up to it and DC have never built this character correctly. 
LOL. Atom has lived up to his potential twice (creating a universe of his own and becoming Monarch, powerful enough to go toe-to-toe with Superman-Prime).
Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vrakmul

I win, period.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Static Shock
TruePwnge said:
"Atom has never fought in his class and won, Atom is constantly getting owned by Supes, he just doesn't have the raw speed or raw power and people are always getting the drop on him.Gladiator curbstomp"
That's not true. Besides Superman, he's fought and won battles in his class (Major Force (defeated him and later absorbed him), Firestorm (defeated him twice), Ultraa (a being comparable to Superman in strength, speed, reflexes, and endurance that he nearly defeated in H2H combat), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan, defeated him with a nuclear explosion), Nekron (practically a God, Lord of the Underworld), Maul (made him little again, and knocked him aside), and several others). As for people always getting the drop on him, I don't think I can agree with you on that. While I think Gladiator would win, this isn't a curbstomp by any means...
forze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By forze

How much weaker is Captain Atom compare to Superman?  Getting beat by Gladiator means that Captain Atom has to be significantly weaker than Superman or Gladiator has to be at least close to superman strenght.  So which is it? 

castleking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By castleking
How much weaker is Captain Atom compare to Superman?  Getting beat by Gladiator means that Captain Atom has to be significantly weaker than Superman or Gladiator has to be at least close to superman strenght.  So which is it?

both.
TruePwnge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TruePwnge

Seriously Gladiator will own Atom in about 5 seconds

Juggy lasted about 1 second
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig

Only a guy like Superman would own Gladiator...since being the real slim shady could shatter his confidence or a guy like Silver Surfer might own him

Everyone else is going down

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Static Shock
forze said:
"How much weaker is Captain Atom compare to Superman?  Getting beat by Gladiator means that Captain Atom has to be significantly weaker than Superman or Gladiator has to be at least close to superman strenght.  So which is it?  "
Several sources have Captain Atom near-Superman level strength. He has done some things that would put him on that level, despite that fact that he could increase his strength higher than Superman's if he wanted.

TruePwnge said:
"Seriously Gladiator will own Atom in about 5 seconds
Juggy lasted about 1 second
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig
Only a guy like Superman would own Gladiator...since being the real slim shady could shatter his confidence or a guy like Silver Surfer might own him
Everyone else is going down"
LOL. Read a comic book for once. That cartoon is out of continuity and it doesn't hold any water here. Juggernaut and Gladiator have never met in 616 universe.... And, Gladiator has been beaten before by people weaker than the Surfer.

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Static Shock

Captain Atom.

dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By dane

Is there really anything Gladiator could throw out that Captain Atom couldn't shrug off?

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24  Edited By The_Martian
@Dane said:
" Is there really anything Gladiator could throw out that Captain Atom couldn't shrug off? "
Nope. Cap takes this fairly easily.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Static Shock
@Dane said:
" Is there really anything Gladiator could throw out that Captain Atom couldn't shrug off? "
Not that I know of.
Avatar image for supermandefender
supermandefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By supermandefender

Captain Atom wins this IMO. The long the fight drags on the weaker Gladiator will get. Atom wont be a push over like most of Gladiators encounters and his confidents will go down if he cant put Atom down quickly. Gladiator has the abilities just I think Atom can hang and Gladitors confidents will drop. No ease win though.
King Hercules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By King Hercules

Everyone wants to put down Gladiator's strength, but some of his best feats are near Superman like. He onced destroyed a plaet his his fist alone and kept up with a Skrull spacecraft while in hyperspeed (which was said to faster than light). Has Cap Atom shown any feats of strength near Superman (other than being able to take punches from him)? Gladiator's eye beams have been described as being hotter than the Sun (like Superman). Could his beams cut through Cap Atom's suit?
capall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By capall

cap atom

lagoon_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lagoon_boy

He might just pull off a win here,>>>Captain Atom

Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@King Hercules said:
" Everyone wants to put down Gladiator's strength, but some of his best feats are near Superman like. He onced destroyed a plaet his his fist alone and kept up with a Skrull spacecraft while in hyperspeed (which was said to faster than light). Has Cap Atom shown any feats of strength near Superman (other than being able to take punches from him)? Gladiator's eye beams have been described as being hotter than the Sun (like Superman). Could his beams cut through Cap Atom's suit? "

Interesting but i still can't see Gladiator winning
I know Cap Atom doesn't have the strength feats
But his durability alone shows that he can handle blows from Gladiator
And his blast have hurt Superman and Majestic, so Gladiator would go down
drkhwk2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By drkhwk2001

CA, but it won't be easy at all.

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@King Hercules said:
" Everyone wants to put down Gladiator's strength, but some of his best feats are near Superman like. He onced destroyed a plaet his his fist alone and kept up with a Skrull spacecraft while in hyperspeed (which was said to faster than light). Has Cap Atom shown any feats of strength near Superman (other than being able to take punches from him)? Gladiator's eye beams have been described as being hotter than the Sun (like Superman). Could his beams cut through Cap Atom's suit? "
No. CA can just absorb the energy of the beams.  

He didn't rip the planet apart. He set off a chain reaction that made the planet blow up. Very different things. 

His hyperspace speed is useless in a fight. 
Avatar image for strongestonethereis
StrongestOneThereIs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Hercules said:
No. CA can just absorb the energy of the beams.   He didn't rip the planet apart. He set off a chain reaction that made the planet blow up. Very different things.  His hyperspace speed is useless in a fight.  "
In his defense
Superman's beams didn't get absorbed
And he may started a chain reaction
but it was still his fist that broke the planet apart to start it the reaction
Avatar image for the_mjolnir_wielder
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually siding with Gladiator Kallark here
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@StrongestOneThereIs said:
" @CosmicSpiral said:
" @King Hercules said:
No. CA can just absorb the energy of the beams.   He didn't rip the planet apart. He set off a chain reaction that made the planet blow up. Very different things.  His hyperspace speed is useless in a fight.  "
In his defense Superman's beams didn't get absorbed And he may started a chain reaction but it was still his fist that broke the planet apart to start it the reaction "
They can be, no good reason why they can't.  

He didn't break the planet. He cracked some tectonic plates and such. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Static Shock
@King Hercules said:

"Has Cap Atom shown any feats of strength near Superman (other than being able to take punches from him)? Gladiator's eye beams have been described as being hotter than the Sun (like Superman). Could his beams cut through Cap Atom's suit? "

Most of his strength feats come from physically fighting Superman-level characters and the like. So, he doesn't need any lifting feats. Gladiator's beams can be as hot as they want, and Atom would just absorb them, anyway. So, I doubt they could cut though his suit.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Static Shock
@StrongestOneThereIs said:

"In his defense Superman's beams didn't get absorbed And he may started a chain reaction but it was still his fist that broke the planet apart to start it the reaction "

Superman's beams didn't get absorbed because the writer (Jeph Loeb) didn't allow him to absorb them, when everyone knows he could have. Besides, Loeb doesn't know how to write Atom anyway.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By weaponxx

Definitely Gladiator. Sure CA is powerful and can put some serious blows on Gladiator, but he can take them and do much more than just redeliver. Gladiator Wins. 

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@weaponx said:
" Definitely Gladiator. Sure CA is powerful and can put some serious blows on Gladiator, but he can take them and do much more than just redeliver. Gladiator Wins.  "
You should be on the debate team with that masterful argument. 
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Static Shock
@CosmicSpiral: LOL.
Avatar image for thejuggernautpunch
TheJuggernautpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread is a joke . Seriously , Captain Atom would own Gladiator with ease . I really LOLed at the posts that were made 1 year ago .

The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock: I honestly havenh't see many high-end strength and speed feats from Captain Atom, so do you mind filling me in? I only picked Kallark here due to his Baxter Building-feat and the fact that he can fly up to 100x the speed of light.
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Static Shock: I honestly havenh't see many high-end strength and speed feats from Captain Atom, so do you mind filling me in? I only picked Kallark here due to his Baxter Building-feat and the fact that he can fly up to 100x the speed of light. "
His high-end strength feat is being able to fight Majestic and other Superman-level characters (Major Force, Ultraa, Wonder Woman), physically. The fastest I've seen him fly is faster than half light-speed. Atom also claims he could hit light-speed, and since he's able to increase his flight speed via the Quantum Field, I wouldn't put it past him. He can also increase his strength in the same manner. I don't see why he couldn't fight Gladiator, who isn't stronger than Majestic, and flying that 100X speed of light in hyperspace is useless in a fight. It's not like Gladiator can maintain that speed in normal space or in battle, for never really has.
The Mjolnir Wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Static Shock said:
" @The Mjolnir Wielder said:
" @Static Shock: I honestly havenh't see many high-end strength and speed feats from Captain Atom, so do you mind filling me in? I only picked Kallark here due to his Baxter Building-feat and the fact that he can fly up to 100x the speed of light. "
His high-end strength feat is being able to fight Majestic and other Superman-level characters (Major Force, Ultraa, Wonder Woman), physically. The fastest I've seen him fly is faster than half light-speed. Atom also claims he could hit light-speed, and since he's able to increase his flight speed via the Quantum Field, I wouldn't put it past him. He can also increase his strength in the same manner. I don't see why he couldn't fight Gladiator, who isn't stronger than Majestic, and flying that 100X speed of light in hyperspace is useless in a fight. It's not like Gladiator can maintain that speed in normal space or in battle, for never really has. "

Ok, thanks again Static
Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Static Shock
@The Mjolnir Wielder: You're welcome.
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By weaponxx

@ComicSpiral Yeah, real funny. Gladiator has what it takes to defeat Captain Atom. I am not saying it would be  push over nor a miracle for him to win. He has the strength, tactics,  and speed (and no I am not meaning his hyperspace speed either) to inflict enough damage to CA to take him down. CA is strong and has energy blast absorption etc, but I still don't see him statistically pulling a majority of wins and would put money on Gladiator. Lets face it, nearly any of these battles could go either way, just like when fantastic four fended off galactus or superman takes out doomsday or darkseid... these and many other conflicts can easily sway the other way. 

CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@weaponx said:
" @ComicSpiral Yeah, real funny. Gladiator has what it takes to defeat Captain Atom. I am not saying it would be  push over nor a miracle for him to win. He has the strength, tactics,  and speed (and no I am not meaning his hyperspace speed either) to inflict enough damage to CA to take him down. CA is strong and has energy blast absorption etc, but I still don't see him statistically pulling a majority of wins and would put money on Gladiator. Lets face it, nearly any of these battles could go either way, just like when fantastic four fended off galactus or superman takes out doomsday or darkseid... these and many other conflicts can easily sway the other way.  "
Once again you have managed to say literally nothing. PIS battles do not matter in battle forums. 
weaponxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By weaponxx

@ComicSpiral: Gladiator can take supernova blasts so captain atoms radiation/energy mean horse ****. Gladiator can produce devastating blows to planetismals which would undoubtedly breach CA containment. I have managed to say things you are just being an a**. There is not much that CA can do, except hit him, but Gladiator is a superior fighter or at the very least on par and would be able to do well hand to hand. That plus his over powering strength, cause him to win. 

Static Shock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Static Shock
@weaponx said:

"Gladiator can produce devastating blows to planetismals which would undoubtedly breach CA containment.

I'm sorry, but I doubt Gladiator could breach Atom, who took punches from a guy that casually tows planets out of orbit, not to mention several others that are in Superman's strength class, without being breached. Also, it's not a containment suit. It's his indestructible metal skin that has a symbiotic relationship with his body. You have the comic book version of Atom confused with the JLU version, whom is different from the original.

@weaponx said:
"That plus his over powering strength, cause him to win.  "
If Atom was able to take Majestic, then Gladiator isn't overpowering him at all, especially when Atom can increase his own strength further with a thought.
CosmicSpiral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By CosmicSpiral
@weaponx said:
" @ComicSpiral: Gladiator can take supernova blasts so captain atoms radiation/energy mean horse ****. Gladiator can produce devastating blows to planetismals which would undoubtedly breach CA containment. I have managed to say things you are just being an a**. There is not much that CA can do, except hit him, but Gladiator is a superior fighter or at the very least on par and would be able to do well hand to hand. That plus his over powering strength, cause him to win.  "
You are saying nothing. Gladiator has been hurt by less than supernovas, and Gladiator never destroyed a planet with his bare hands. He cracked some tectonic plates, which caused a chain reaction that led to the explosion of the planet. Captain Atom's metal skin, which is actually part of his body, has only been breached by magical weapons (Crimson Avenger's bullets), X-Ionizer-treated weapons, and the attacks of a Monitor. Even when it's attacked, he hasn't leaked radiation until Countdown.  

Also see Static's post.